• Published 26th Oct 2012
  • 1,814 Views, 21 Comments

All The Ponies - CanterlotGuardian



A whole bunch of stories. All of them exactly 750 words. Sorta.

  • ...
1
 21
 1,814

I Remember

Dear Rainbow Dash,

Hey! You remember me? I sincerely hope so, considering that it hasn’t really been all that long since I’ve left Ponyville. I was that little ball of orange fluff that followed you around everywhere… idolized you… even told some ponies that won’t be named at this particular time that I was in love with you. I wasn’t, mind you, not then anyways. I just wanted to make them jealous of me even more.

You know who I am, I think.

Anyways, that intro is long enough, so I’m just going to go ahead and get to the meat of this letter. It’s been almost two years since I’ve gone from Ponyville. I remember the reactions of Applebloom and Sweetie Belle, when I told them that I’d gotten a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be a junior Wonderbolt.

They were… mixed, to say the least. I think they were happy for me deep down, but they couldn’t really show it. And honestly, I don’t blame them. We’d been through so much together, and they just couldn’t bear to part with me. They knew I had to go, though, which is why they didn’t put up too much of a fight- not in front of anyone, at least.

Truth be told, I almost didn’t go, because… well, I had those same feelings about you. I didn’t want to leave you. You were my inspiration, the reason why I decided to go out for that junior Wonderbolt position in the first place.

There’s something else I want to tell you, but I don’t think I can do it by myself… So I’ll tell you what. I heard this awesome song the other day and it’s got some really cool lyrics. I know it’ll be kinda cheesy, but I think it’ll help me tell you what I need to get out.

Here goes nothing…

Feeling the past moving in, letting a new day begin…

I can’t look back at the past, Rainbow Dash. As much as I want to look back, I have to look forward. Don’t take that as me saying that I’m going to forget about you. I never could do that… That simply means that I can’t keep looking back and thinking about how good everything was. If I do that, then I’ll never move forward. I’ll never leave Ponyville, never stop being that small filly that zips around on her scooter. As much as I hate it… I have to move on with my life.

Hold to the time that you know, you don’t have to move on to let go…

I know I just said what I said, but that doesn’t mean that either of us have to forget the awesome times that we had together. All the flying lessons that you gave me (and sometimes Fluttershy), the times where we just hung out at your place and played Call of Cutie or Haylo… They are all memories that I want to cherish forever, and honestly I hope you want that as well. I don’t want to ever forget you.

Add to the memory you keep, remember when you fall asleep…

Sometimes I know you’re going to miss me. You’ll never admit it to anyone, especially not that griffon you always hang around with. Gilda, was that her name? I’m glad, just on a brief tangent, that you two made up with each other. You’re cool friends, I can tell. Anyways, you can miss me all you want to, RD. I won’t tell anyone.

Besides, it’s natural to miss someone who’s as close as we’ve been these past few years. You helped me overcome a lot of my fears about the uncertainty of the future, and… well, I can never thank you enough for that.

Hold to the love that you know, you don’t have to give up to let go

You’re a supremely awesome pony. I know that people tell you that all the time, and you really don’t believe it- aw man, I almost wrote that with a straight face. Who am I kidding; you know exactly how awesome you are, and you’re not afraid to let anyone know it. And that, I think, is the reason why I feel as strongly for you as I do. You’re just that awesome. I think deep down inside, too, you feel the same… At least, that’s what I hope.

Remember turning on the night, and moving through the morning light,
Remember how it was with you, remember how you pulled me through…

I’m going to say it flat-out, Rainbow: you are the reason why I am the pony I am today. Above all else, you are the reason. So I’m going to end this here by saying one more thing. I love you, Rainbow Dash. You’re my big sister, my hero, my guide… and at the same time, so much more than all those things.

I remember.

Yours forever,
Scootaloo