• Published 26th Oct 2012
  • 1,817 Views, 21 Comments

All The Ponies - CanterlotGuardian



A whole bunch of stories. All of them exactly 750 words. Sorta.

  • ...
1
 21
 1,817

Twilight's Doll

Light shone into the Ponyville library through the windows, and a small beam of light hit Spike squarely in the face. This had the unfortunate side-effect of waking him up. He groaned as he realized that he was no longer asleep.

“Why can’t I ever reach my goal?” he muttered irritatedly. “Just once in my life, I’d like to be able to sleep for one full day. 24 hours of uninterrupted sleep…” He sighed. “I don’t see that ever happening, sadly.”

“You don’t see what happening?” Twilight asked as she came down the stairs from her upstairs bedroom. Her mane was perfectly combed, and a faint scent of flowers followed her as she passed by her number-one assistant.

“You remember my ultimate sleeping goal, don’t you?” Spike asked as he stretched. He was slowly but surely resigning himself to the fact that he wouldn’t be getting back to sleep.

“Oh yeah,” Twilight said with a laugh. “A whole day of being asleep. Sorry, but not today. We have to get everything ready for Winter Wrap-Up. It’s in a couple of days, you know.”

Suddenly, a knock came from the front door. “I’ll get it…” Spike groaned as he walked over to the door. When he opened it up, there was nopony standing there. However, there was a small package in front of the entrance.

“Hey, Twilight!” Spike called out, picking up the package. “Were you expecting a delivery?” As he shut the door, he saw the town mailmare flying away in her usual erratic manner.

“No…” Twilight responded, bringing out a cup of tea. “Why, did we get one?”

“Yep, and it’s addressed to you.”

Twilight got the box and brought it up to her study. She used her magic to open up the box, then looked inside it. What she saw surprised her.

“I- what?”

“What is it?” Spike asked. In response, he was shown a small plush toy that looked oddly familiar.

“Wait. Is that… is that you?”

“Sure looks like it…” Twilight responded warily. “But why on earth would somepony want to send me a stuffed animal of myself? That makes absolutely no sense.”

“Can I see it?” Twilight levitated it over to Spike, who took it into his scaly hands. “Hmm… it’s rather intricate. Someone really took the time to do this right.” He started playing with it, making the legs move about in rather erratic directions.

“Oof!” Spike looked up to find Twilight face-down on the ground, her legs splayed out in all different directions. He couldn’t help but laugh at this. Soon, his laughter was so much that he fell on the ground, rolling around.

“Oh come on, this is not funny! My legs just gave out on me for no reason at all!”

Spike got up, still laughing. “Okay, okay…” He set the doll down on the ground, and went to help Twilight up. When he had done so, he went back over and picked the doll back up, Twilight shaking herself off behind her.

He started to do other things to it, at first just making the forehooves clap. He was about to move on to something else, when he noticed what Twilight was doing. “Um, Twi…? Why are you clapping?”

Her attention, though, was fixated on the doll. “Oh no, Spike… You need to give that to me, now!” She used her magic to grab it out of Spike’s hands and bring it to her. Sure enough, when it left his hands, she stopped clapping her forehooves together.

“Why did you take it?” Spike demanded. “It wasn’t causing any harm!” Twilight wasn’t listening, though; she already had her nose buried in a book.

“Are you listening to me, even?”

She looked up after a minute. “Spike… I think this is a voodoo doll.”

“A what?” Spike was looking very confused at this.

“Come look.” Spike went over to the book and looked at it. “It says here that they’re dolls that can supposedly be used to control ponies. Whatever you do to the doll, the same things are done to the actual pony…”

“Whoa.” Twilight nodded and levitated the doll up to the highest shelf. “No one uses that for now. Not until we can figure out how to use it without activating it.”

They left the room, both unaware of a pony watching them from the window, a wide grin on her face.

“Well, now… Maybe Trixie isn’t the only Great and Powerful one…”