• Published 25th Oct 2012
  • 6,994 Views, 119 Comments

Follow the Melody - Astrocity



Lyle Hartston finds himself in Equestria. He meets Lyra Heartstrings. Human to pony story.

  • ...
14
 119
 6,994

Meet the Crusaders

I awoke to a gentle nudge on my shoulder and the sound of a soft voice. "Wake up, Lyle. It's time for you to go to school."

I rolled onto my side and snuggled into the comfortable warmth of the blanket. "Mmm, Mom, I don't want to school," I groaned. I heard a small laugh near me.

Grudgingly, I cracked open my eyes and was met with the bright light of the sun. I shut my eyes and stretched my limbs while giving a large yawn. When I opened my eyes again, I realized I wasn't in my room, all the events from yesterday catching up to me. By the side of my bed, Lyra stood there, giving me big grin. My eyes widened when I realized what I called her.

"Oh! Uh, morning, Lyra," I said with a sheepish grin. She tittered again at my attempt to correct myself. It hadn't been a week and already I was embarrassing myself by calling Lyra my mom. Smooth, Lyle…

"Good morning, Lyle. You better get ready. You don't want to miss your first day of school."

School? Oh right, she thinks I'm a colt. Wait a minute. I have to go back to school all over again?! Well, there go my plans...

I tilted my head. "School? I have to go to school?"

"Yes, Lyle. All good little fillies and colts have to go to school," she said, much like how a mother speaks to a child.

Something tells me that tone of voice is going to get old real quick. I awkwardly scratched the back of my head. "Yeah... I don't want to go to school. Been there, done that."

"Aw, don’t be like that, Lyle. You'll get to make new friends and learn new things. It'll be fun."

I really didn't want to repeat school all over again. It wasn't that great the first time. I doubted it'll be any better the second. But since she didn't believe in my story of me being an adult and all, I didn't really have much of a choice in the matter. Also, the smile on her face made it much harder to decline.

"Fine," I reluctantly agreed.

My lack of enthusiasm went unnoticed by her. "Great! After you've cleaned up, come downstairs and have some breakfast." She exited the room and made her way downstairs.

I trotted out of the room and towards the bathroom, once again having to use my mouth to open the door. After I brushed my teeth and did my morning business, I decided that I needed a shower after Lyra drooled all over my mane last night. I felt strands of my mane stuck together by Lyra's dried spittle, a feeling that was quite gross in my book. I didn't find a shower in the bathroom. Instead, I found a porcelain bathtub.

I turned on the warm water, and while the tub filled up I called out to Lyra: "Hey Lyra! Where do you keep the bath towels?!"

"It's in the linen closet next to the bathroom!" she shouted from downstairs.

When I saw that the tub was filled just enough, I turned off the water. I went to the linen closet, grabbed a towel with my teeth, and went back to the bathroom where I hung the towel on a rack. When I took off the bandages, I noticed that most of my cuts had healed, though they were still kind of tender. Well that healed quickly. Magic is so useful. I hopped into the tub with a splash. Luckily, none of the water spilled out, and I didn't hit my head on the side of the tub, much to my relief.

After washing myself to the best of my ability, I dried myself and headed downstairs into the dining room, where Lyra was eating a bowl of cereal. Next to her bowl was the cereal box with the title "Celesti-O's" and a picture of a cartoon sun. I thought it was kind of funny that they had a cereal named after their ruler. I mean, we didn't have any cereal named after our presidents, though that does sound interesting.I hopped onto a seat and poured some cereal into my bowl. The lack of hands made it much more difficult, causing some of the cereal to miss its target. Lyra, however, didn't seem to mind and cleaned up my mess. I felt like a bad house guest for having her clean up after me. I had to repay her for her hospitality later somehow.

Anyways, the cereal tasted like Cheerios, which was okay for my tastes. As I was eating, dropping my spoon a couple times, I noticed that Bon Bon wasn't around for breakfast like the morning before.

"Hey Lyra, where's Bon Bon? She's not joining us for breakfast?" I asked between spoonfuls of cereal.

She swallowed a bite of her cereal. "No, she had to get up early to open up her candy store."

So she does run a candy shop. It was interesting to get a glimpse of a background pony’s life, like watching a story that goes unnoticed, the story that goes on behind the scenes. Sure, there were speculations made by fans from the little appearance of ponies like Lyra and Bon Bon, but right now, I got to see another side of My Little Pony that no one else will get the chance to see. These background ponies had lives of their own and weren’t just hanging around Ponyville to run and scream when trouble arises. There was more to them than just standing behind the main characters, and I was living in the home of one of them.

With our breakfast finished, Lyra levitated the bowls and spoons into the sink, where it was washed and dried. She levitated a sack lunch into a small brown saddle bag before placing it on my back. It felt weird to wear a saddle bag, sort of like a backpack but lower down my back.

"I packed your lunch and some school supplies for your first day of school. Now let's head on over there, shall we?" she said as we walked out the door. I just gave a nod because I was still reluctant about going to school all over again.

When I stepped outside, I was met with the vibrant town I've come to know from the show. The town was filled with activity as ponies began opening up shops. Little colts and fillies ran about, probably headed towards school. Pegasi flew around here and there, moving clouds and going from place to place. The town and its inhabitants made up all the colors of the spectrum. Everything stood out vibrantly, even something as unnoticeable as a small pebble stood out. The colors were practically screaming at me.

As I glanced at the sights before me while walking with Lyra towards the schoolhouse, I noticed two or three ponies take a moment to glance back at me. The sight of seeing a miniature Lyra trotting next to her must have been an interesting sight, but I ignored the glances and kept on looking around town. It felt weird to see everything in person. I could smell, see, and hear everything around me, though the background music from the show was missing.

While I was engrossed with the sights around me, I bumped into a fluffy pink blob, which I soon found out was a pony’s tail. Thank god, it was just the tail. I didn’t want to ruin my tour of the town by accidentally walking into awkward situations. When I crashed headfirst into the pink blob, I took a mouthful of the tail and quickly spat it out, all the while apologizing to the pony I bumped into.

"Sorry about that! I wasn't looking where I was going." When I looked back at the pony I ran into, I froze.

The incredibly pink mare turned around, a smile on her face "It's alright. Hey! I've never seen you before! And I know all the ponies in Ponyville!" She gave an audible gasp. "Oh my gosh! I need to go now! It was nice meeting you!" I barely got a word in before the party-crazed mare zipped away, leaving a trail of dust behind.

I know where this is going. Knowing Pinkie Pie, she’s probably going to throw me a surprise party at some point during the day like in the show.

Lyra trotted up to my side. "That was just Pinkie Pie. She's really nice and friendly once you get to know her." I merely shook my head at Pinkie’s antics.

After my meeting with the pink pony, we got to the schoolhouse without any incident. The school looked like any other stereotypical school. It was a red wooden building with a small playground behind it and a flagpole in front. A sign depicting an open book in front of the school made it more obvious that this was our destination.

As we walked into the schoolhouse, we attracted the attention of all the colts and fillies of the classroom and Cheerilee, the schoolteacher. The magenta earth pony gave a cheerful smile. "Hello Lyra. What brings you here today?"

"I'm just here to drop off Lyle. He's going to be attending school here,” Lyra said while pointing a hoof to me.

The schoolteacher noticed me trying to hide behind Lyra. Did I mention I didn’t want to go to school? I didn't like all the attention I was getting from all the colts and fillies. I never really liked the spotlight on me. Cheerilee gave a welcoming smile at the sight of me. "Well hello there, Lyle. My name is Cheerilee. I'm the teacher of this school."

I gave a meek "Hello" and tried to avoid eye contact with all the ponies around me. Seeing how Cheerilee could take over at this point, Lyra got ready to leave. "Now Lyle, be a good colt now. Miss Cheerilee is a nice pony, and you'll have a great time here. Also, remember to be back before dark." And with that, she left the class, leaving me to be the center of attention.

"Now class, let's give Lyle here a warm welcome," said Cheerilee. The class erupted into applause with the little colts and fillies clopping their hooves together. "Lyle, can you tell the class a little about yourself?"

I scratched the back of my head as I thought of something to tell them, something that wasn’t related to humans. "Well, I just arrived in Ponyville just recently, and I'm now living with Lyra for the time being," I managed to say out loud. Even though I was speaking in front of little colts and fillies, I was still a little nervous being in front a large group of people, or in this case, ponies.

"Lyle, you can sit in the open seat next to Apple Bloom," she said as she pointed to the corner seat of the room. As I took a seat, I noticed the Cutie Mark Crusaders sitting in the front center of the room. Apple Bloom sat to my left. To the left of her was Scootaloo, while Sweetie Belle sat behind the orange pegasus. In the back row I saw Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon snickering, probably making fun of me in some way.

"Hiya, Lyle. Ah'm Apple Bloom," the yellow filly said with a southern accent.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you," I replied back.

Cheerilee hushed the class as she began her lessons. The class was going over multiplication and division, basic math operations. It hadn't even been five minutes and before I lost complete interest in the subject. Instead of listening to her lecture and taking notes, I chose to stare out the window across the classroom, watching life outside. It was a beautiful, sunny day outside, and I was stuck in school. I held nothing against Cheerilee or the school, by no means. I was treated nicely so far, but that was expected since this was the first day of going through school again. Honestly, school wasn’t interesting to me, especially since I went through it already.

I get the chance to go to Equestria, and I'm spending it inside a classroom. There is something seriously wrong with this picture. I should be out there right now! Just when I thought I get to skip out on classes, I get put into another class. Just my fucking luck.

Every now and then I noticed one of the Cutie Mark Crusaders give a glance towards my direction. I practically felt their eyes on me. It was a little unnerving but understandable since they were just a couple of kids and I was the new kid around. I did my best to ignore it, but I was still curious of why they were looking at me so much. Is there something on my face?

As I was busy staring out the window, I didn’t notice Cheerilee waiting patiently next to my desk and loudly clearing her throat to get my attention. "Lyle, could you tell the class what the answer to the problem is?"

She probably knew I wasn't paying attention by the blank expression I had since class started. When I looked at the chalkboard, it was a simple math problem: 2486 divided by 2. This problem wasn't hard at all, especially since I was taking a college level math class. Thank god, it’s not history. So with a quick reply, I gave my answer. "1243."

The wide-eyed stare from her told me that she wasn’t expecting me to answer the problem correctly or that quickly. "That's… correct, Lyle."

Glancing back at the Crusaders again, I saw that all three of them were staring at me simultaneously with surprised expressions of their own. I shrugged off their stares. It wasn’t like I did anything impressive. Fractions and basic operations – all of that was easy. Cheerilee went on with her lesson. She would call on me occasionally just to make sure I was paying attention, but I would give the correct answer just as quickly as I did the first. I turned my attention back to the window, with the same bored expression on my face. Whoever came up with the expression, “time flies,” is completely wrong. Time doesn’t fly, especially when you’re bored. It crawls... So with nothing to do, I sat in my chair and stared at the chalkboard.

I lost myself in my own boredom. Cheerilee’s lessons reduced to mindless droning. Seconds went by. Seconds became minutes, and even then that felt like hours. The only indication that time was moving was the sound of the clock’s hands ticking as it hung on the wall at the side of the room. The only thing keeping me occupied was the mystery of my arrival. How did I get here? I remember going to bed yesterday, and then I woke up in Equestria. Did I die and wake up here? Maybe it was a magical wormhole. Discord, maybe? The sound of the school bell ringing shook me out of my boredom and my thoughts. It was time for lunch. Solving the mystery can be done after I've eaten.

As all the colts and fillies filed out of the room, I hung back to avoid being crowded by the children. When most of the little ponies had exited the room, I headed towards the door, only to be confronted by three fillies as soon as I got out. I recognized them as none other than the Cutie Mark Crusaders. No surprise there.

They all gave a friendly smile. It was Apple Bloom who spoke up first. "Hiya Lyle. I want you to meet my friends," she nodded towards the other two.

"Hi, my name is Sweetie Belle," the white unicorn said.

"And I'm Scootaloo," followed the orange pegasus.

I waved to them. "Hey, I’m Lyle Hartston. But you can just call me Lyle.”

They gave me weird looks. "Lyle Hartston? That's an unusual name," Sweetie Belle said with an adorable little tilt of her head.

I should have changed my name to something that doesn’t make me stand out. "I've been getting that a lot lately,” I said casually.

I saw Sweetie Belle wince at my comment. "Sorry, I didn't mean anything by it.”

I shrugged. "It's okay. I'm not offended by it or anything." Sweetie Belle's smile returned to its former state as I said this.

"Hey! You don't have a cutie mark either!" I turned around to see Scootaloo standing behind me.

My eyes trailed down her hoof to my flank, where there seemed to be a lack of a cutie mark. I must have forgotten about that until Scootaloo pointed it out. After all, I wasn't used to having any sort of mark on my butt.

I didn't know what to say, so I acted casual about it like it was normal, which would be if I was still human. "Huh, so I don't."

The three fillies looked at me with shock before giving me the biggest grins. "Hey, ya can join our club!" As soon as Apple Bloom said this, the three fillies took a deep breath. Oh shit.

"WE'RE THE CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS!" the three fillies shouted.

I covered my ears. AGH! FUCK, MY EARS! My ears rang from their ear-piercing shout, like nails stabbing into my ears. As I rubbed my ears, they continued to talk about their club as they took turns speaking.

"We're on a quest to find out who we are!"

"And we won't stop 'til we have our cutie marks!"

"And we want ya to join our club!"

They all gave me huge smiles and stared at me with their big, puppy-dog eyes. Seeing their pleading looks, it was impossible for me to refuse their offer. Adorableness -- my weakness!

I sighed in defeat at the hooves of the adorable little fillies. "Alright, alright, I'll join. Just please stop with the looks."

They all cheered with glee at my response. "Alright! A new member!" Scootaloo shouted.

After recruiting me as a fellow member of the Cutie Mark Crusaders, we all walked to an empty table and ate our lunch. Apple Bloom packed two apples and a box of apple juice. Sweetie Belle packed a dandelion sandwich and a box of grape juice. Scootaloo had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a carton of milk. In the lunch Lyra packed me, I had two apples and a box of grape juice.

As they ate their lunch, I dug into mine. The moment I took a bite out of one of the apples, a sweet taste filled my mouth. It was one of the best apples I had ever tasted. Those other apples I've had before this? They were nothing compared to this. Fuck the apples back at home, the apples here are amazing!

"Wow, these apples taste delicious!" I said, taking another bite into the red fruit.

Apple Bloom giggled at my comment. "Thanks. Ah'm glad ya like it. Mah family grows the best apples in Equestria!"

I gave moans of pleasure as I finished my lunch. The girls just giggled at my antics. I laughed with them. Maybe school wouldn't be so boring with them around?

That small moment of joy was smothered as soon as Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon walked up to us in their stuck-up way with their noses in the air. I felt their eyes looking at me, looking for any flaws that needed to be pointed out.

Diamond Tiara came up to us, radiating an air of superiority as she looked down at us. “Oh, look. Another blank flank to add to your group. Better watch out Silver Spoon. It looks like they’re multiplying.”

“Yeah. They can be, like, a family of blank flanks now,” replied Silver Spoon.

I could have replied with a sharp retort, but they were just kids. They would mature eventually; at least I hoped they would. Instead, I chose to ignore them. “Yeah yeah, that’s great. So Apple Bloom, can I get a few more of these apples from your farm?”

Apple Bloom’s eyes shifted between me and Diamond Tiara, clueless to what I was doing. “Uh, sure…”

Just as I thought, I managed to rile up Diamond Tiara by ignoring her. “Hey, I’m talking to you, blank flank!” she shouted while pointing at me.

I carried on with my conversation as if Diamond Tiara wasn’t here. “So tell me a little more about the Cutie Mark Crusaders. What do you girls do?” I gave Apple Bloom a wink, hoping she would get where I was going with this. Thankfully, she did.

“Oh! We do all sorts of stuff to get our cutie marks.” From there, Apple Bloom began to list everything the Crusaders had done so far to get their cutie marks, from doing ridiculous things to extreme stunts, all of which resulted in some kind of mess and no cutie mark. Even Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo joined the conversation as they talked about their past experiences.

“Hey, you can’t just ignore me like that!” yelled Diamond Tiara, though her words fell on deaf ears. Eventually, she and Silver Spoon left, mumbling something about us being rude blank flanks. No doubt they were a little more than annoyed by my little act and would probably come back again to bully me.

“And that’s how you deal with ponies like them,” I said. I got an ovation from the girls as I just drove away their bullies without doing anything.

“Did you see Diamond Tiara’s face before she left? She was so mad!” Scootaloo said as she laughed.

“Yeah, how’d ya do that, Lyle?” asked Apple Bloom.

I smiled. “Let’s just say I deal with this kind of thing a lot. Don’t give them the attention they want and ignore them. They’ll lose interest eventually.” When you deal with trolls and pre-adolescent kids on the internet on a daily basis, you learn to develop immunity to them. You die a little on the inside, but there's nothing you can do about it.

By the time we finished eating, the bell rang again, signaling all the colts and fillies to head back inside the class. I went back to class with my new friends at my side. I was an outsider to Equestria, and they felt like outsiders for not having a cutie mark. We were going to get along just fine.

The rest of the lessons were about the history of Equestria and reading and writing. I could feel Diamond Tiara giving me the stink-eye, but I paid more attention to the lecture on Equestrian history than her, since not much of it was talked about in the show. I had a hard time writing with my new hand-less body, so I tried using my mouth to write. My penmanship was atrocious and looked like chicken scratch, and my pencil was covered in my saliva and bite marks. I really missed having hands.

A few hours later, the bell rang again indicating the end of class. Before anypony could get out, Cheerilee gave one last announcement. "Have fun everyone and don't forget that tomorrow is Nightmare Night!"

Is it that time already? I better get a costume ready for tomorrow night, and I know just the perfect costume. All I need to do now is learn some magic at Twilight's and get a costume from Rarity.

As I packed my things to leave, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo came up to my desk. “Wanna hang out with us, Lyle?” Scootaloo asked.

I would have said yes, but I had things that needed to be done. "Sorry girls, but I gotta get my costume ready for Nightmare Night. Maybe next time."

They all nodded understandably, and we said our goodbyes. As I was about to leave, Cheerilee stopped me. "Lyle, a word please?"

I walked back inside. "Yes, Miss Cheerilee? Am I trouble?" I could think of a couple reasons.

To my surprise, she shook her head. "No, you're not in trouble." I gave a sigh of relief. "Lyle, how are you adjusting to this school? Are there any problems?"

"Uh, no. Everything's fine, I guess." Well, that’s kind of random. Why is she asking me this?

Cheerilee put a hoof to her chin while humming in thought. "Lyle, you seem to be a very smart colt. Smarter than you should be for your age." I hope so. I wouldn't be in college if I weren't. "It's not that there's anything wrong with being smart. It just means you're ‘special’."

Special, huh? I could practically see the air quotes around that word. The next few minutes were about Cheerilee's observation of my behavior in class. I didn't pay attention much. I nodded my head to the conversation as if I was listening. At the end of this, she would probably expect me to apologize for dozing off in class.

"... so do you see how special you are?"

"Mmhmm, yeah," I automatically responded.

"That's wonderful, Lyle!" I didn't know why she was so happy. Whatever it was, it probably wasn't that important.

"Okay, so are we done here, Miss Cheerilee?"

"Oh, yes, you may leave now. Sorry for keeping you here."

I began trotting out the door again. "Bye, Miss Cheerilee." I waved back to the mare, which she happily returned. If I had stayed long enough, I would've noticed her pull out a piece of paper to write a letter.

I wandered around aimlessly trying to find Rarity's boutique and Twilight's library. I didn't find either place, but I was able to find Lyra at one of the market stands buying some grocery.

I walked up to her. "Hi Lyra."

She turned away from the vendor after purchasing some leafy vegetables. "Oh, hi Lyle. How was school?"

"It was great. Do you know where I can find somepony to make me a costume for Nightmare Night as well as Twilight's library?"

"Hmm, Rarity's boutique is just around the corner from here, and I think Twilight's library is in the opposite direction. Oh, and since you're going to get a costume, here are some bits to pay for it." She handed me a couple of bits, which I placed into my saddlebag. I kept a mental note to repay Lyra for those bits as soon as I can get them, meaning I had to hunt for a job.

"Thanks Lyra. I'll see you later." With that, I ran into the direction of Rarity's boutique. It wasn’t long until I came upon Carousel Boutique. I entered the building, a light jingle coming from the bell attached to the door, signaling the resident of my arrival.

A white unicorn with a pristine indigo mane came trotting down the stairs towards the entrance. "Welcome to Carousel Boutique, where every garment is chic, unique and magnifique." Of course, I recognized the pony as Rarity. When she got a look at me she said, "Hello, my name is Rarity and how may I help you today?"

"Hello Miss Rarity. My name’s Lyle. Excuse me, but can you make me a costume for Nightmare Night?"

She nodded. "Why yes of course, deary. What is it you would like me to make?"

"I just need a black business suit, a red tie, and a white spandex mask if that’s possible. The mask has to be a fabric where I can still breathe and see through."

She gave me a quizzical look. "That is certainly an odd request for a costume, but nevertheless I will make it to the best of my ability," she said with a smile.

"Okay, how much do I owe you?"

She told me the price, and I felt disheartened at hearing the cost. "I'm sorry, Miss Rarity, but I’m kind of short a few bits."

"It's alright dear. I'll still make your costume. Consider it a discount from me, no charge at all."

Wow, she really is the Element of Generosity. "Thank you, Miss Rarity."

"Please, darling, call me Rarity. Now let’s get you measured."

She spent the next half hour levitating a measuring tape around me, scrutinizing at every little detail of my body while making mental notes of my sizes. When that was all done, she led me back to the entrance.

“I’ll have your costume finished in no time, so stop by tomorrow to pick it up.”

“Thanks again for doing this on such short notice. You really are a great seamstress if you could get it done that quickly,” I said.

She tittered at the compliment. “Oh, it’s nothing. I just love doing what I do best.”

“Well, I still say it’s impressive. I’ll see you later, Rarity. It was nice meeting you.”

“It was a delight to meet you too, Lyle.”

We waved goodbye as we parted. My next stop was Twilight's library. I walked towards the large tree house in the distance. Seeing the tree house in person was a whole new experience compared to looking at it from a screen. I was dwarfed by the size of the tree that was as big as a house. When I knocked on the door of the library, a small purple dragon with green spikes opened the door.

"Hi. You do realize this is a library, right?" he asked.

Oh right. Forgot about that. “Oh yeah… ”

“Come on in,” he said, holding the door for me, “so are you here to check out a book?”

I nodded. "Yes, I am."

He led me inside the library where hundreds of books lined the walls of the tree house. "My name's Spike by the way, what's yours?"

"You can call me Lyle," I replied.

"So what kind of book are you looking for?"

I scanned the titles of the books in front of me. "I'm looking for books on basic magic, levitation, and illusions. Any books on them will do."

He climbed up a ladder and began picking out books. "I take it you’re into reading about magic?”

"Yep." Who wouldn’t be interested in magic, especially if it’s real?

"You remind me of my friend, Twilight. She's the librarian of this place. I'm just the assistant." He came back down the ladder with three books in his arms.

"Thanks, I promise I'll bring them back later. You can put them in my saddlebag." As I made my way out of the library, I gave a wave to the purple dragon. "It was nice meeting you Spike. See you later."

The sun had already begun to give the sky an orange glow by the time I left the library. With all my tasks done for the day, I headed back towards Lyra and Bon Bon's home, eager to start learning magic.

~~~~~~~

As soon as the door to the library closed, Twilight walked downstairs as Spike was sweeping the floor. "Who was that, Spike?"

He stopped sweeping to answer. "He's a unicorn I haven't seen before. His name's Lyle. He kinda looks a lot like Lyra."

"Oh?" Twilight said with a curious look on her face. "What did he come here for?"

He gave her a piece of paper listing the books checked out. “He checked out some books on magic.”

She scanned the list of books. “What kind of magic? Nothing dangerous, I hope?”

“I think he said wanted a book on levitation and amuse-sions, or something,” he said, scratching the back of his head.

“Illusions, Spike,” she corrected.

“Yeah, that. You know, he reminds me of another unicorn who studies too hard,” he joked.

Twilight just huffed at this. Though something was strange with the books Lyle requested. Normally, unicorns as young as Lyle don't read books as advanced as the ones he checked out. First, he lives alone without his parents, and now he's reading about advanced magic spells? Okay, maybe the reading part isn’t that strange, she thought, memories of herself reading in the library coming to her mind. But what would he need them for? Lyle was a peculiar colt.

A claw waving in her face shook her out of her thoughts. “Twilight, you okay?”

“I’m fine, Spike. I was just thinking.”

Spike hopped onto Twilight’s back. “Thinking about what?”

She shook her head. “It’s nothing important.”

“Well, can we go to Pinkie’s party now? It’s going to start soon.”

“Right, sorry about that,” she apologized. “Let’s go.” With Spike on her back, Twilight walked towards the location of Pinkie’s party, the little colt still on her mind. Maybe I should ask him when I see him.