• Published 16th Apr 2014
  • 1,418 Views, 22 Comments

The Incredible Flutterhulk - FanofAwesomeness



Fluttershy has some difficulties after an accident mutates her.

  • ...
0
 22
 1,418

Years Later

Ten years had gone by since Fluttershy had been brought in on this secret project and it was almost done. She had found the most useful combination of animal abilities for ponykind and was already synthesizing a solution to transfer them. But something was missing. A catalyst was needed to pull everything together so it didn't end up being a useless injection.

That's when she discovered the magnificence of radiation. It held the perfect catalyst to jump-start the process and solidify the mutations. Hopefully, it would work. But, fortunately, if it didn't, there was no harm done. It wouldn't be any amount a normal equine wouldn't be able to handle.

Of course, on the extremely off chance something did go horribly wrong, they would be out of an animal expert.

Fluttershy had volunteered to undergo the process.

The machine buzzed, snapping Fluttershy out of her thoughts. She had been thinking a lot more recently. Without all of her animal friends right in the room, she was let focus on the problem at hoof. She carefully pulled the solution out of the machine and put it into a deep freeze container before trotting over to her bed. It had been a long day preparing it and tomorrow it would be tested.

She could only hope it worked.

*******************************

"Is everything set up in there?" asked one of the technicians behind the glass.

"It looks like it," Fluttershy replied.

"Good," he said. "We don't want something popping loose in the middle of this thing."

"That won't actually happen, will it?" Fluttershy asked.

The technician chuckled. "You've been working with this stuff for ten years and you're still afraid of it?"

Fluttershy blushed slightly, hiding a little behind her mane.

"Well you have nothing to worry about," he reassured her. "It'll be over before you know it! That is, once we get started. Where's that general that's supposed to be here?"

"Right behind you," came a gruff voice from the doorway.

The technician jumped before stepping to the side and turning. The General was in his usual military uniform with another scientist with him. "It looks like we can start, then."

Fluttershy looked out at the three ponies in the room in front of her. It was only something small and the chances to go wrong were tiny. That thought didn't help calm her nerves when the door shut and locked, though.

Taking a deep breath, she moved over to the machine. Closing her eyes, she sat down on the main panel and felt restraints close around her hooves. It took everything she had in her to not panic out of this thing.

Then the process began. Hissing filled the room as the solution was pressurized and loaded into the injector. Opening her eyes slightly, Fluttershy could see the metal arm move towards her. Her eyes froze onto the machine as it pressed against her foreleg and injected the liquid into her system. Letting out the breath she had been holding, she slumped a little as the arm moved away.

Then another sound caught her attention. A slight humming started to come from the thing she was still strapped into. She looked around and saw the white panel move in front of her, lining up crosshairs over her head. She held her breath, not wanting to breathe in radioactive air as she was hit by low levels of gamma radiation.

Yet another sound caught her attention again. Something was hissing that shouldn't be. The injection was complete, and nothing else was pressurized in the room. What could be causing that sound?

Fluttershy started to get lightheaded from holding her breath. She wouldn't be able to hold out too much longer.

A beep sounded, signifying the end of the test. Fluttershy let out the breath and started to greedily suck in air as the panel moved away to clear her view-

-Of three ponies panicking in the other room!

"What happened?" Fluttershy asked loudly, trying to figure out why they were all frantically pushing buttons and flipping switches. For some reason, though, she was still light-headed. Her breathing sped up some to try and bring in more air, but it only made things worse.

That's when she saw the emergency lights flashing. Something had gone terribly wrong and they were trying to fix it, but what was it? What could have gone wrong.

A sharp pain filled Fluttershy's chest, quickly spreading across her body. Her muscles tensed and stretched, pressing against the restraints around her hooves. Bones crackled as they shifted and grew, Fluttershy almost completely blacking out from the pain. Her coat began to change as well, mottling to a yellow-green color.

The restraints snapped and she continued to change, growing and mutating. By now, her entire coat was green and her muscles had enlarged significantly. Sirens became audible through the glass as the ponies behind it continued to panic.

Finally, it stopped. But Fluttershy had lost herself in the pain and rage. She glared at the others as she smashed through the wall into the other room. The technician who had been working on the machine the most was thrown to the side in her blind rage and hit the opposite wall with a snap of bone. The general pulled his weapon and fired at her, but the bullets just bounced off of her skin. She swept out a foreleg and brought him down as well, snapping a leg in the process.

The last pony was on the ground in a heap. Fluttershy stopped, beginning to realize what she had just done, but only vaguely aware she had done it. She screamed in anger as more sirens filled the air and she fled through another wall.

*******************************

Fluttershy awoke with a start, a quick beeping filling the small room she was in. She closed her eyes and slowed her breathing, waiting for the beeping to stop. It was a little difficult, that memory had stirred up a few emotions. But eventually, she calmed down enough to stop worrying about another incident.

She was still worrying though, even after three years. Incidents happened, though not often anymore. Maybe someday, she would finally be rid of this...thing that had come to live in her mind. Maybe.

Until then, living far away from where she could hurt ponies was the best idea. She needed to keep them safe, even if others didn't.

She checked her security systems and went off to work, rubbing the top of the head of a stray dog she had brought in. It was going to be a long day, and she didn't have much time to get it started.

Author's Note:

So here it is! My second story in Phase One, and hopefully a little better than my first. I'll be trying to get updates up approximately every two weeks, at the latest. Enjoy!
And thanks to my editor Jarkes for helping me get this out.