• Published 19th Oct 2012
  • 11,273 Views, 9,916 Comments

Eljunbyro - Imploding Colon



Bellesmith must perform experimental tasks in order to keep herself and her beloved safe.

  • ...
49
 9,916
 11,273

PreviousChapters Next
Opened Eyes

When my eyes opened, Twilight was leaning against the palace window overlooking the garden. "Twists and turns... twists and turns!" She brightened and spun to face us. "That's it! I bet Discord hid the elements in the Palace labyrinth!"

The girls and I turned to look at the Princess. Celestia nodded her head in agreement. "Good luck, my little ponies," she said. As Twilight trotted up, she faced her and proclaimed, "The fate of Equestria is in your hooves."

"Thanks, Princess," Twilight uttered with a smug smile. "We won't let you down!"

We all bowed as one and turned around, bolting out of the royal sanctum. As we made our way towards the rear of the palace, I could have sworn I heard the echoing laughter of something evil reverberating off the walls and marble pillars around us. I wasn't the only one. Glancing to my right and below me, I saw several of my friends trembling in mid-gallop. Rarity was sweating visibly, Fluttershy was whimpering, and Applejack was—

Wait, Applejack?

"Hey AJ, you okay?" I murmured from where I glided just a hair above her.

She panted while we sped onto the royal veranda. "Ya picked a mighty fine time for how do's."

"Seriously. You're not quivering in your horsehoes or nothing are you?" I smirked and whispered, "It's just a stupid ugly goat god thingy!"

"Yeah, well, it's a stupid ugly goat god thingy who can flip the weather upside down and turn all my crops to popcorn!" Applejack's face tensed. In the sunlight, she turned the expression into a defensive frown. "T'ain't a load of parasprites we're dealing with here, Rainbow. This here's some real fine trouble."

"How hard can it be to get this dude to cough up the elements?" I remarked. "We've kicked Nightmare Moon's butt! Just the six of us! Stop worrying!"

"I ain't worrying!" Applejack hissed up at me, her emerald eyes piercing. "I frankly don't care what happens to us!" With a sigh, she gazed ahead of where she was galloping. "I just can't stop thinkin' about the farm..."

"Applejack..."

"About Big Mac and Granny and Little Apple Bloom during all this mess—"

"Applejack, even you can't be a brave pony all the time!"

She squinted up at me, the sunlight glinting off her eyes.

I smiled wide and pointed at my flying self. "Cuz that's my job!" I winked. "So long as I'm around, no nasty jerk is gonna lay a hoof on you, or your family. You got that?"

Applejack blinked. Eventually, a wry smirk crossed her lips. "Half the time, I can't tell if yer bein' loyal or just bein' sassy."

"There's a word for it," I grin broadly. "It stats with an 'A'..."

"Ughh, Rainbow..."

"And if you say 'apple,' I'm gonna shove that hat where the sun doesn't—"

"Shhh!" Twilight hissed. "We're here!"

I looked ahead, seeing a wide series of green hedges stretching wildly before us. I touched down beside the group as we trotted to a stand still.

"We h-have to go in there?" Fluttershy remarked, trembling.

"Nope!" Proudly, I walked to the head of the group, flapping my wings. "Dopey Discord forgot about these babies!"

In a blue blur, I took off.

PreviousChapters Next