• Published 19th Oct 2012
  • 11,279 Views, 9,916 Comments

Eljunbyro - Imploding Colon



Bellesmith must perform experimental tasks in order to keep herself and her beloved safe.

  • ...
49
 9,916
 11,279

PreviousChapters Next
Someway, Somehow

"Nnnngh..." I stirred, feeling a velvety fabric enshrouding me. "Mmmff... My head..."

"Rise and shine, Dashie! The birds are singing! The sun is shining! The Canterlot homeless are rattling their bit jars—"

"Ugh! Pinkie! For Celestia's sake, darling, you're the most garish alarm clock ever!"

"Well, duh! How else are you sleepyheads gonna get up and enjoy a full day together?!"

"Mmmmf..." I turned over, burying my head into a pillow. "Five more minutessssss..."

"Up and at 'em, sugarcube!"

My hear skips a beat. I raise my head, only to be buried neck-deep in a sleeping bag. I fight and buck and claw my way out until I am gasping into the air-conditioned interior of Twilight's bedroom.

The world comes into focus, along with the blinding light from beyond the balcony window. There are five shapes sitting up, squirming about me in various states of wakefulness. I see a lavender shape hobbling towards the bathroom. I see Fluttershy squatting before the Sparkle family's pet dog and nuzzling it. I see Rarity fussing with several tangles in her mane. Pinkie Pie bounces across the room, opening the door to the smell of pancakes. And...

"Gosh, you look like you wrestled a pen full of hogs in yer sleep!" A sea of freckles glisten in the morning light, turning rosy as a delicious chuckle drips through the smiling teeth beneath them. "Have sweet dreams, Rainbow?"

I blink. I grin devilishly. "Only the sweetest!" I shoot up with a flap of my wings. "Best sleep I had in—" I slam my head against a ceiling beam. "Ow! Darn it, Twilight! Why do you unicorns have such tiny rooms?!"

"Uggggh..." A voice drips painfully out of the bathroom. "My leg still aches from shaking so many ponies' hooves..."

"Your leg is aching?!" Rarity scoffed. "I was the one who had to hobble halfway across Canterlot with one missing slipper!"

"You could have had one of my slippers, Rarity," Fluttershy softly said.

"Oh! Heaven forbid! I cobbled that shoe only for you, my dear! It would have been a crime to make another pony wear it! No other mare has hooves as dainty and fragile as yours!"

"Rarity, all of our golloshes got smashed somethin' terrible last night. Let's just learn to let it go and enjoy the rest of the time we have left in Canterlot."

"Well let's enjoy it downstairs, you guys!" Pinkie chirped from the adjacent hallway. "Pancakes and Twilight's parents are waiting for us! But mostly pancakes!"

"Sounds good to me!" Applejack tossed her frazzled blonde mane and galloped out of the room. "Race y'all down there!"

"Hey!" Twilight called out from the bathroom, poking her frowning head out. "No running around in my house! My parents will kill—Augh! This stupid, aching hoof..."

"Heeheeheehee!" I giggled, clutching myself as I hovered backwards in midair.

Rarity and Fluttershy glanced up at me curiously.

Twilight droned, "Rainbow, what are you laughing about?"

"Heee-I dunno!" I raised a hoof and wiped a tear from my eye. "I'm just feeling really, stupidly giddy right now."

"It's nice seeing you so cheerful, Rainbow Dash," Fluttershy said.

"It'd be even nice to see me shove some pancakes down my gullet!" I grinned and blurred towards the doorway. "Hey! AJ! I bet I can eat more than you!"

"Nuh uh!"

I laughed, cackled even. The morning was crisp and the air was cool. Someway, somehow, I knew that this was where I was supposed to be.

PreviousChapters Next