• Published 19th Oct 2012
  • 11,274 Views, 9,916 Comments

Eljunbyro - Imploding Colon



Bellesmith must perform experimental tasks in order to keep herself and her beloved safe.

  • ...
49
 9,916
 11,274

PreviousChapters Next
Starry Night

I sat up, hyperventilating.

It was cool. It was night. Stars stretched majestically overhead. I looked straight up and saw the splinter edges of a crumbling house. The ceiling had caved in years ago. I smelled mist and pondwater. There was a dirty, plain mattress beneath me.

I tried to stand up and walk around, but my limbs disobeyed me. I strained and struggled. In spite of the tranquility of the moment, my heart was still exploding through my chest like a ball of firecrackers.

"Dalton?" I murmured, and yet I didn't. I realized that my jaw was tightly shut. My face was wet with tears. It was a glorious, warm, and yet hauntingly lonely sensation. "Dalton, where am I now?"

"Just relax, Bellesmith. It's a far more centralized sphere. It took me a while to localize it, but it's the calmest one I could find in such little time."

"I feel..." I stammered, then winced. "I mean she feels..."

"It's okay to be confused. If it helps you, darling, just describe your feelings to me. Don't be afraid or ashamed."

"How do I feel?"

"Yes. Do go ahead."

I gulped as I felt myself curling into a fetal position on the bed. The stars above blurred from my tears as I whimpered, "I feel lonely. So very lonely. It's a blessing and a curse." I bit my lip and managed to say, "I miss the singing. I miss the music and the colors and the warmth..."

"Very good. Very good. Just let it out..."

I sniffled and clenched my eyes shut. "I love myself and I hate myself. I'm so alive, and yet I'm so worthless. I can't stop moving. I can't cease for a single moment."

"Where are you heading to, Bellesmith?"

"I... I don't know..." I shudder and shake. "I don't care to know. I just don't care. All I want is just one chance to nuzzle her and tell her how I feel..."

"Who, Bellesmith? Who do you care so much for?"

I gasped. My eyes were brimming with tears as I sought a sparkling truth amidst the stars. "I don't know. If I found her, if I saw her eyes, I might die." A whimper escaped my lips. "Oh beloved, forgive me. By the Spark..."

The house began to shake and buckle. Beams of black obsidian pierced through the cosmos to envelope me.

"D-Dalton?!"

"We're losing contact! Another sphere is taking over!"

"Dalton, I'm scared—"

"We're pulling you out. Just stay calm, darling!"

"Dalton... nnngh..." My eyes were darting left and right. The world spun. I felt twin needles poking into—out of?—my forehead. "Dalton, you must go back where you began."

"What was that?"

"Twists and turns are my master plan..." I hissed as the world spun. My tongue cut itself on a jutting fang. "Th-then find the elements b-back where you began."

"Blessed Spark... Bellesmith! Listen to my voice! You must stay focused! You must stay—"

I plunged.

PreviousChapters Next