• Published 19th Oct 2012
  • 11,279 Views, 9,916 Comments

Eljunbyro - Imploding Colon



Bellesmith must perform experimental tasks in order to keep herself and her beloved safe.

  • ...
49
 9,916
 11,279

PreviousChapters Next
Angry Eyes

"Mmff... Mmmff... Nnngh..."

His water-logged body heaved and seethed at the river rapids' edge.

Seated at the base of the canyon, Crimson finished heating the shard of a fallen managlider's wing with his horn. Once the chunk of metal was burning hot, he raised it to his frowning face.

He took several breaths, then lifted a stick into his mouth, biting down as he closed his eyes.

Finally, no longer delaying the inevitable, Crimson telekinetically shoved the burning, smoking end of the metal into his bleeding stub of a forelimb.

"Nnnnn-nnnngh!" he grunted and wheezed into the stick he was chomping onto. With great diligence, he cauterized the wound. After several minutes, he finally found the strength to grab a local piece of driftwood and fastened it to his limb with twine from his vest, forming a makeshift crutch of sorts.

Finally, his twitching eyes swam towards the noonday sky. The cloudy trai left by the Searonese vessel was still visible, leading its effluent way south, following the path of the winding ravine.

"Oh no..." He shook his head, his muzzle bravely forming the hint of a smirk through all the anger and the pain. "It's not over that easily..." He stood up and hobbled his way towards a crashed managlider that stood miraculously intact just yards from where he had dragged it fitfully from the depths of the river. "One of us is getting home, even if it kills me. Might as well be her..."

Weathering the pain from his wound, Crimson straddled the managlider, ignited its core with his horn, and throttled towards the sky in a furious burst of thunder.

PreviousChapters Next