• Published 15th Oct 2012
  • 41,541 Views, 3,503 Comments

The Return of Princess Nightmare Moon - Aegis Shield



Nightmare Moon returns as a battered, half-starved alicorn and its up to everypony to help her. Meanwhile, Blueblood lusts after Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
123
 3,503
 41,541

Wing Meeting

The Return of Princess Nightmare Moon
Part 14: Wing Meeting

When Twilight Sparkle was just a little filly, she stole a cake. She’d just been brought home by the Princess to the palace, given her own room, her own toys, her own bed, and even the baby dragon she had hatched (“Spike”, she’d decided to call him). She was ready to live the high life, it was any filly’s dream to be adopted by royalty. Then, one drowsy summer afternoon while it was spitting rain and super-humid everywhere you went, she was hungry. Lunch was a long distant memory, and dinner was eons away. So, being the new ‘Sun’s Favored Foal’ that everypony kept calling her, she went to the kitchens. Given free roam of the palace and with a guard on every corner to make sure she wasn’t harmed or foalnapped, she was able to explore the place until she found it. Then when nopony was looking she made off with the massive confection. Princess Celestia caught her red-hoof’d, stuffing her face with cake. This would NOT do. Taking the cake from her and vanishing it with magic, she swept the little purple filly up onto a sitting pillow in front of a hearth. Then, she unfurled her massive wings and hunched, closing her newly-adopted foal in a cage of hot feathers. Curling her wingspan about the filly until the she was pressed into darkness, the solar pony loomed over her and gave her a very firm talking to. Then, little Twilight had to go and apologize to the kitchen staff. Then she had to do a homework assignment about why stealing was wrong. Then, she had to help one of the chef’s make a new cake to replace the one she’d stolen. She never stole again. Somehow, being wrapped in Celestia’s wings had been the most terrifying experience she’d ever had, the poor thing. The closeness of the goddess’ face and the flickering of her eyes as she taught Twilight very firmly what was right and wrong—it stayed with her.

Years later in the spring time, Twilight hit her first estrus as a young mare. She started looking at male guards, pondering what they looked like under all that shiny armor. Why were all of them white or grey? They were so shiny and studly, every last one of them. She was eyeing them all the time, wishing she could just get a quick peek at their virile… underbellies. She fantasized about one of them having his filthy way with her, for looking after her all the time—ohhh! *shiver*! She didn’t even know what that meant, but she knew she wanted it! She looked at the handsome nobles around the court, occasionally panting and wishing they weren’t quite so beautiful and perfect in their garb. She eyeballed even some of her other teachers. Instinct drove her mad, like any other young pony that was in heat for the first time. It didn’t take Celestia very long to notice where her faithful student’s eyes were during that time. They certainly weren’t in her books, or on her face when she was speaking to her. She once more swept in for an intervention. Gathering Twilight into her private chambers, they had ‘the talk.’ Princess Celestia gathered her up into her wings like a pressed pinion chamber, holding her protégé to steady her. The young mare learned all about sex, foal-staying brews, seasonal instincts, herd dynamics, where foals came from and all surrounding subjects. Hunched over her student and lovingly telling her about life, Celestia only wanted her to look at her face and nothing else. The flushed, flesh-sensitive Twilight could only squirm while her mentor and mother figure explained the birds and the bees. Afterward, Twilight was given a little smattering of books on safe sex, abstinence, contraception, all those sorts of things. (A few years later Twilight quietly lost her virginity to a fellow scholar in the academy, but she was an adult by then so Celestia was not about to butt in about that and embarrass the poor thing.)

The reason we speak of such things, is because Twilight and Celestia came to call such occurrences ‘Wing Meetings.’ They, and a couple of others, happened in key points during Twilight’s life when something pivotal had just happened. Learning right from wrong. Weathering one’s first heat cycle. Being patient with the common citizen. Raising dragons and being sensitive to their needs. What Twilight did NOT expect, however, was to suddenly receive a written invitation to one. Spike had belched up a scroll with a simple drawing of a feather on it. That was Celestia’s symbol for such a thing. Twilight both feared and looked forward to such things.

The purple mare strode up to the doors of Celestia’s private chambers, coughing a little and raising her hoof to knock. “Come in, Twilight.” said the Princess from beyond the door. The guards nodded to her respectfully and she went in. Lingering in the little alcove that was the entranceway, she heard the doors being quietly closed behind her. She fidgeted for a few long moments. Was she in trouble? Had she done something wrong? She sweated, doing a rather nice rendition of the I-have-to-pee dance as she fretted. “You’re not in trouble, my faithful student.” Celestia smiled from across the room. “Don’t worry.” She’d lit the hearth, for it was evening in late October, and the room was pleasantly lit.

“Y-you wanted to see me for a… Wing Meeting?” Twilight said a little meekly, coming into the room proper with her ears turned back. She wasn’t sure she believed her mentor that she wasn’t in trouble. The world was a different place inside her goddess’ wingspan embrace.

“Come.” Celestia said, gesturing to a little sitting pillow across from where she was in front of the fireplace. She smiled in a friendly way as Twilight came closer and settled on it. “How did your chess game go?”

“I’m not sure why I needed to play against five ponies all at the same time, Princess.” Twilight said a little sheepishly. She’d been put up on a long table across from five different opponents, playing five different games. It was a serious strain on even a brilliant mind like hers. “What did you tell them that made them so excited?” she asked, very much aware that the match had been arranged by Princess Celestia. Her mentor did love to test her, but reading the body language of the five stallions across from her betrayed a certain… eagerness. Like their heads weren’t in the game.

Celestia chuckled a little. “I promised a kiss on the head to anypony that could best you.” She folded her wings in a playful way, smiling at Twilight’s giggling. “I had to give them incentive to play their hardest.”

“Ahhh, I see.” Twilight snickered just a little.

“So? How many kisses do I owe?” Celestia wanted to know.

“Just one. I beat them all.” Twilight said, leaning forward to display the top of her head. Celestia gave a little laugh, leaning and pecking her between the ears. She grinned happily, finally relaxing a bit.

“I can’t imagine playing five games at once.” Celestia shook her head. “But it’s a good way to stay sharp and adjust to constantly changing situations. Or to cope with multiple complex situations.” The alicorn pushed her mane out of her face as she spoke. “It’s very important when it comes to leading.”

“Yes.” Twilight agreed.

“But, to business, I suppose.” Celestia said, sitting upright on her haunches. Twilight nodded, leaning submissively forward and bowing her head. The great white wingspan went beyond even her peripheral vision. She sidled towards her just a little so that the fit would be snug. The purple mare was much bigger than the little filly that had stolen the cake in their first Wing Meeting. Slowly, she was enveloped in a loving goddess’ embrace. Twilight closed her eyes as the feathers folded around her and the Princess’ body heat and heartbeat were all that were left. It was very much like a womb, she imagined. Nothing in the world there but mother there to soothe you. “H’ohh Twilight, how big you’ve gotten.” Celestia giggled just a little, finally hunching down into her mother hen stance. She rested her long muzzle on Twilight’s withers, and the purple mare leaned into her for comfort. “You’ve grown so big, so important,” she whispered, her warm breath pressing through her student’s mane. “It’s time for you to move up in the world.” She confided.

“Move up?” Twilight whispered.

“Twilight, I brought you home with me when you were just a little filly.” Celestia was nuzzling up, then down, up, then down her mane. It was a quiet, comforting, natural sort of soothing that made Twilight lean into her Princess breast. The purple mare sighed quietly, content and almost sleepy in the warmth of her wings. “You were so powerful for your age, so raw and powerful…” she cooed softly. Twilight blushed a little, enjoying the praise. “I knew I would need somepony like you someday very soon, and that time came when my sister returned. You see Twilight, I’ve been grooming you for a very specific purpose.”

“Purpose?” Twilight whispered in the darkness, relaxed and warm against her mentor in the darkness of her wing-hug.

“I don’t make you sit on my throne for fun, dearheart.” Celestia whispered intimately, nosing her mane and quietly adjusting herself with liquid grace. “I don’t constantly test you just because of my whims. It’s been leading up to something.”

“Something?” said Twilight dreamily. She should’ve felt more excited and jittery, but the Goddess’ embrace kept her docile and happy. “What is it?” she whispered.

“I knew when my sister returned she would be out of her element.” Celestia confided. “Nightmare has been gone for a thousand years, and Equestria has changed so much in that span—its alien to her. So, I had to find a filly. A powerful, brilliant little filly,” she nuzzled Twilight’s ears. “With which I could endow all the tricks and techniques to ruling a nation, so that she might teach my sister and sit at my side… as Vizier.”

The revelation struck Twilight in the heart and she flinched visibly. She pulled away from the intertwining hug to look up at the shadow of her teacher. “V-vizier? A royal advisor?” she asked, heat in her face. “There hasn’t been a vizier in the noonday Court in… in…”

“Almost four hundred years.” Celestia said. “The last one was… well… my lover. Prince Blueblood’s ancestor.” The goddess felt a touch of pink in her cheeks when Twilight gasped at her. The Princess? A lover? Really? She knew Blueblood was ‘supposedly’ related to Celestia in some way, but she thought it was all rumor and scandal amongst the nobles… but he really was! He REALLY was!

Twilight cocked her head, quickly SQUASHING the image of Celestia tumbling into bed with a shadowy, chuckling stallion and caught herself. “I… I don’t know what to say.” She said softly, looking up at her with big eyes. “You really picked me as a filly and trained me all this time, so I could grow up to teach Princess Nightmare Moon about modern Equestria?” She watched the solar pony give an earnest nod. “A-and… sit with you in the throne room?” she sounded a little dazed at that.

“No longer the ‘Sun’s Favored Foal.’” Celestia nodded, chuckling a little. “I think you’re a little old for that title. Instead, Court Vizier Twilight Sparkle.”

Twilight looked a little overwhelmed. Did Celestia really play a chess game so very long and complicated that even she was a piece on the board? With Nightmare’s return, yes, there was going to be some adjustment period, but— tutor her? About what? Anything and everything? Also, sit in the throne room WITH her mentor? Not off to one side taking notes or waiting to be addressed? It made her feel light and airy— and a little faint to be honest. “Is… is this my destiny?” she asked.

“Yes.” Celestia nodded softly. “You are the most powerful unicorn I’ve ever seen, Twilight. I could trust no other with my court, my sister, and my ear.” Twilight shifted a little when a weight touched her head and the alicorn’s wings began to unfurl. The purple mare reached up and touched the object on her head. It was cool, and thin like a cord. “Here.” Celestia said pleasantly. “I’ll get you a mirror.” She leaned to one side and felt around under her sitting pillow for a hoof mirror. Levitating it, she brought it up to Twilight’s face.

The Sun’s Favored F— Court Vizier Twilight Sparkle stared at herself. There was a bright, golden circlet perched on her head, just above her ears. In the middle of her forehead hung a little circle of metal. It was shaped like a circle, carved with symbols of both the sun and the moon pressed atop each other. She felt her cheeks color. “All my life, you trained me for this?” she whispered, touching her own face like it wasn’t hers.

“Yes.” Celestia said tenderly.

“I… I kind’a like my destiny.” A sheepish sort of smile worked its way across Twilight’s face. “Wait until Spike and Shining Armor see this.” She began to giggle behind a hoof, looking at herself in the mirror Celestia was holding up. “Why hello, I’m Twilight Sparkle. Royal Court Vizier-rrrrr!” she said to her reflection in a fancy French accent. Both mares laughed.

Celestia gently nudged her most beloved chess piece to the far end of the proverbial board. The tiny little piece, after so much nurturing and love, blossomed into a beautiful little queen. The long game master was pleased with both herself, and the way things had finally come to fruition. Just as suddenly, the queen left the board. Twilight could stand completely alone now, she had reached her true and beautiful potential.

Now, all she had to do was mind Blueblood and modernize her sister. Master manipulator? She was doing it to help them learn life lessons and better themselves but... manipulator? Probably. But, one could only lead a pony to water, not make them drink. It would ultimately be up to them to learn their life lessons. With Twilight's ascension, it was bound to be very interesting. Celestia could only turn their heads in the right direction, not bend their necks to the proverbial water's surface. Blueblood's piece was moving, and Nightmare's was idling while she waited for Twilight. At least, she was pretty sure she was idling.

=-----=-----=-----=-----=

Princess Nightmare Moon approached the medical wing at a limp, her twin guards following closely behind her. They looked concerned. Her tongue was green, and she looked as pathetic as she possibly could as she entered the doctor’s office. “Princess!” Doctor Heart Starter rushed up to her as soon as he saw her coming. “What happened? You look terrible!”

“I doth be ill, having stayed in a chill bath too long!”

“But you’re limping!” the stallion said, aghast at her sorry state.

“I… I fell out of the bath as well!” She added quickly. “My legs are hurting me, doctor.” She whined a little, wilted and weary-looking. “Where is Nurse Bandaid? Only his soothing touch might revive me!” she flopped dramatically onto a series of waiting room chairs.

“I-I’ll go get him, your Majesty. Nurse!” He turned on his heels towards a waiting mare. “Take Princess Nightmare to her medical room, please?” she nodded.

Nightmare gave a convincing moan of effort as she got out of her laying position and was led away. She recognized the room. It was where she’d been staying when she’d first arrived home. There was a little balcony with closed windows (October, after all), a huge bed made of four little beds, some chairs, and medical supplies at the ready on the nearby countertops. The medical staff of the palace had been waiting, in case their new Princess suddenly relapsed into deadly illness. Which ‘apparently’ she had.

The twins posted themselves outside, yabbering back and forth while Nightmare splayed out on the bed. Only minutes passed before a very ticked off Bandaid appeared, scowling at the two of them. “What’s she done to herself this time?” he wanted to know, eyes lidded angrily. “Doesn’t she know not to lay in a cold bath? Is she stupid?” he didn’t expect them to answer, but went in anyway and glared at her. “Princess.” He gave a curt bow. “I seem to recall… distancing myself.” He said. “What do you want from me?”

“I am ill, my healer!” Nightmare said, showing him her bright green tongue. She squirmed about a little, lifting a sorry-looking wing and showing him where it hurt. “My legs doth ache me so! Only thine skill could soothe me!”

“Don’t be such a drama queen.” He grumbled at her. Leaning and getting a tongue-stick out of his medical bag. “Say ah.” He said. When she opened her mouth and stuck out her tongue, he scraped at it a few times. Then he leaned and sniffed the sticky green substance he’d gotten off of her tongue. “Green candy. I thought so.” He said, giving her a bored and annoyed look. The Princess had eaten an un-disclosed number of green candies and suckers to color her tongue green and make herself look ill.

“My legs really do hurt.” She said in a small voice. “They ache from standing too long still, sometimes.” Her ears wilted under his gaze. The stallion was not having any of her bologna.

“You can rub this lotion on yourself, you know.” Bandaid said, going into his medical bag again. “I can get you a prescription, and even instructions on when and how much to give yourself.”

“Neigh!” Nightmare Moon gasped. “Thy skilled hooves are the best! You make it tingle so wonderfully…” she trailed off under his frowny face. Finally, she dropped all her pretenses. “Wilt thou hate me forever?” she asked softly, looking at the floor.

“Maybe. Lay on your back.” Bandaid said, squeezing a bit of the medically-enchanced rubbing lotion onto her long legs. She obeyed, turning and spreading her wings so she didn’t crush them with her weight. Rearing up so he could see all of her, he rubbed animatedly. Nightmare supressed a purr, knowing it would only make him angrier.

“Would thou feel better if I begged forgiveness and said I was acting like a…” her face screwed up for a moment as she tried to recall the word. “Cunt?” she said hopefully.

Bandaid choked on his own spit, his hooves jerking out of their rubbing rhythm in surprise. They almost went flying right up her inner thighs as a full, loud bark of uncontrolled laughter exploded from him. His weight misbalanced and he face-planted into her soft belly, making her OOF loudly. He scrambled up, his eyebrows having migrated into his bangs in shock. He held himself with full, choking guffaws of disbelief. “Wh-where did you hear THAT?!” he demanded, his mouth plastered with a wide, red-faced grin. “Princesses shouldn’t say that word!”

Nightmare allowed herself a careful, coy smile. He’d laughed. She’d gotten her hoof in the door. Truthfully, she’d learned the word from the twins and was perfectly informed about how dirty it was and what it meant—but that hadn’t kept her from using it on her beloved hoof servant. Their back-and-forth had always pleased them both, she knew, and she had it as her back-up plan. “Who knows.” She finally answered. “With no loyal hoofservant at my side, I am unprotected from the filth and danger of the modern world.” She gave him large, soft doe-eyes. He face-hooved, unable to stop laughing.

“Wh-wh-…. Hahaha!” He had to steady himself a little to make the laughter stop. “What do you want, Princess?” he finally managed, returning to his duties. He wanted to be mad at her. He was mad at her. Why was it so hard to stay mad after that completely unexpected outburst. He’d been angry with her for over a week now, he could keep it up! He could!

“I want thee back.” Nightmare said in earnest, putting on her cutest and most attractive (fang filled) smile. “I even come bearing gifts.” She lifted her wing a bit to search for something she’d tucked in her feathers.

“Princess that’s not gonna—” The black alicorn shoved a deck of cards under his muzzle. Instead of normal playing cards, though, they instead had short phrases written on them: Shut up. No Straining. Less Food. More Food. Rest Now. Sleep Now. There were over fifty of them, with multiple copies of the main ones. He stared at them with a cocked eyebrow, a little confused. “What’s this?”

“Binding contracts.” Nightmare said, gesturing that he turn them over. The stallion turned the deck over, and found that his Princess had signed every single card with her spidery hoofwriting. “If thou shalt return to me, thy basic commands are set in stone for thee so I may no longer ignore and disobey.” She smiled at him hopefully. The stallion gave a more earnest smile, and she took the top card (shut up) from the deck. “They are even adhesive!” she turned and peeled off a little hidden square of tape. She stuck it on her hoof and it stayed there. Bandaid snorted. “And.” She said, feeling like she was selling something to him by then. “There art a few blank ones in the bottom, for thine own enjoyment.” She winked at him playfully. Spek. He stuck ‘shut up’ on the tip of her nose. He waited. Nightmare looked at him sheepishly, sorry she’d made the lewd comment while trying to win him back. But, she didn’t speak. He watched the clock on the wall. A full, agonizing minute went by. The Princess fretted, giving him pleading eyes.

“If you really, truly would go by these—” Bandaid began cautiously, peeling it off of her.

“Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!” The black alicorn crushed him to herself, pulling him up onto the bed so she might fully embrace him. The twins peeked in from the hall at all the commotion. Both of them looked startled, then quickly looked away and shut the door. Apparently the cure for green tongue and limping was nurse-ontop-of-me-while-I-lay-on-my-back-and-scream-yes. Yeah. Neither Aegis Shield or Stalwart Hide dared question it, or breathed a word to any of the medical staff that happened to go by the room. “MOST WONDERFUL OF NIGHTS!” vibrated the door, and both stallions blushed.



End of Part 14