• Published 31st Dec 2011
  • 17,971 Views, 417 Comments

Mario & Luigi: Of Ponies and Plumbers - EverSoNitro



A Mario/My Little Pony crossover based on the Mario & Luigi RPG series

  • ...
14
 417
 17,971

Chapter 15

“…We’re not entirely sure what’s happening, but it would be best for you all to be on your guard at all times. It’s impossible to think exactly like Discord, so be ready for absolutely anything.

“Remember that we still have total faith in all of you.”

“Your devoted teacher,
Princess Celestia”

Twilight lowered the note as she looked around at all her friends. “Well, like she said, we should be prepared for anything. We have the Elements already; is there anything that anyone wants to get before we head out?”

“I’m good,” Dash said.

“I don’t think I need anything either,” Fluttershy continued.

“Ooh! Can we stop by Sugarcube Corner?” Pinkie said, jumping up and down on the spot. “I need to pick up some more Party Cannon cartridges, and while we’re there, we might as well get some cupcakes, and candies, and pies, and cakes, and éclairs, and doughnuts, and-“

“Alright, alright, Pinkie,” Twilight said, cutting her across. “Rarity, Applejack, anything you need?”

“I’d like to stop by the Boutique, if it’s all the same to everyone,” Rarity said. “I want to make sure everything’s still in order since we left. Between Discord coming back and Sweetie Belle being left unattended, I shudder to think what’s become of the place.”

“We can stop by Sweet Apple Acres on our way outta town,” Applejack said. “Ah’m pretty sure it’s on our way anyhow.”

“Alright then,” Twilight said. She turned to Mario and Luigi. “What about you two, are you ready to go?”
Mario and Luigi both nodded. “Okay then,” Twilight said. “We should probably make sure everypony in town is okay after that “Nightmare Moon” scare.” At this, the octet proceeded through Ponyville, chatting up the locals.


The heroes stood in the middle of town a short while later. They had talked to just about everypony, and they all seemed relieved that Nightmare Moon turned out to be just Trixie in disguise. Rarity was in for a bit of a shock when she discovered that the Cutie Mark Crusaders had commandeered her boutique to start up an item shop, though they had managed to assemble a respectable stock, so the group took advantage of the situation, buying most of the items available.

“Alright, so that’s just about everything,” Twilight said. “Now, we just need to hit Sweet Apple Acres, and then we’ll be on our way to Mareshroom Beach.”

“Ah hope Granny Smith’s been okay since ah left,” Applejack commented. “All this Discord ‘n’ Bowser business can’t be good for her heart.”

“I’m sure she’ll be fine, darling,” Rarity said. “Big Macintosh is surely looking after her.”

“Ah hope so,” Applejack said.

The group followed the trail leading away from town and over to the apple farm. However, when they arrived at the gate, something seemed amiss.

“Uh, is it just me,” Rainbow Dash said. “Or does Sweet Apple Acres seem a bit… overgrown?”

“’Tain’t Sweet Apple Acres no more!” Came a frenzied shout from the barnhouse. Granny Smith poked her head out from behind a bale of hay.

“Granny Smith?” Applejack said, unlatching the gate and leading everyone through.

“Applejack! You’n’ yer friends hightail it over here right quick!” Granny Smith called out. “Yeh got two o’them bugaboos tailin’ yeh!”

“What’re you talkin’ about, Granny?” Applejack asked, though the answer wasn’t given verbally. Granny Smith ducked back behind the bale, and re-emerged a second later, an apple in her hoof. With the speed and accuracy of a professional baseball player, she hurled the apple directly at Luigi’s nose, who was knocked on his rear end, clutching his injured face.

“Granny Smith!” Applejack shouted. “What’re you doin’? That’s Luigi, he an’ his brother have been helping me and my friends!”

“Wuzzat? Oh! Ah’m sorry, child! Yeh should’ve said somethin’!” Granny Smith said, completely coming out from behind the hay bale, and trotting over.

“He’ll be fine, he’s been through worse,” Twilight said, in spite of Luigi clutching his nose and whimpering. “Now what did you mean this isn’t Sweet Apple Acres?”

“Ah mean it’s been infested past recognition” Granny Smith said. “One minute, ah’m mindin’ mah own business, helpin’ git ready fer Cider Season, the next, trees’re poppin’ up all to and fro in th’middle of the North, South, East, and West fields! All sortsa varmints’re crawlin’ ‘round in them trees, t’ain’t safe t-go apple-buckin’ no more! Big Mac wen’ in t’try ‘n’ make sense of it, ain’t he ain’t been outta there fer near two hours now!”

“What’re you sayin', Granny?” Applejack said.

“Ah’m sayin’ it ain’t Sweet Apple Acres no more!” Granny Smith repeated. “What y’all’re lookin’ at Everfree Acres!”

Author's Note: Sorry, bit of a short chapter this time, but I'll try and make up for it next chapter. And thanks again, everyone, for all your kind words earlier. It's good to know that I have readers as supportive as you.