• Published 8th Oct 2012
  • 758 Views, 25 Comments

Swatteam and the Potato - _Rainbow_Swag_

  • ...
3
 25
 758

A Stallion's Choice

It had started to rain, and Swatteam1013 had forgotten his coat at the library. Still, he galloped at full speed across Ponyville, freezing his flank off while splashing around mud puddles until his hooves seemed naturally brown. Nevertheless, he endured the rain on his fur and the mud on his hooves, for he was focused on something much more important. Soon, the train station came into sight, and Swat ran even faster.

Pinkie Pie was the love of his life, and he was determined to let her know that. No vegetable could get between the two of them. Her train left at six O'clock, and by the time he had left the library it was already about 5:50. His hooves couldn't take much more of this intense exercise, but he had to do this. He had to tell Pinkie his true feelings, if for no other reason than to end this whole thing and go on with his life. When he finally reached the station, he paused.

The train was gone.

Swat panicked. He turned to a very old mare next to him and caught his breath.

"Excuse me.... do you know..... the time?" Swat huffed and puffed.

The mare turned her head slowly to look at him. "Why it's eleventy-nine O'clock."

Swat didn't have time for this. He ran to a small colt a few yards away. "Did the train to Canterlot leave yet?"

"It's 6:03, sir," the colt replied. "The train left at 6."

Swat felt an emptiness wash over him. He was too late. The colt walked away, and Swatteam1013 sat in the rain and looked down. For once, he could not find words to express his emotion. His coat and mane were soaked, his legs were muddy, and he could feel tears swelling in his eyes. He tried his best to fight them, but they rolled down his cheeks anyway and splashed in the dirty puddles on the ground.

He rested his head on the wet dirt, not caring for cleanliness anymore. He was lying there, outside the train station, in the pouring rain, not moving, as if he had died.

That was how he felt.

"Looking for somepony?"

Swat's ears sprang up at the sound of a familiar voice behind him. He immediately got to his feet and turn around to face a pink pony with a stern look on her face, holding up a blue umbrella.

"Pinkie..." Swat couldn't find the words to say. He was still standing in the rain outside Pinkie's umbrella, hesitating whether to go under it with her. "I... I thought your train left..."

"Oh, I had some more important things to do than visit Canterlot. Word on the street is my stallion has been fooling around with another mare. Care to explain?" She looked angry. Swat had never seen her like this before.

"Pinkie, I can explain. She came onto me, and-" Swat couldn't finish his sentence before Pinkie burst out into laughter.

"GOTCHA! HAHAAHAHHAHAHAH!" She was almost rolling on the ground by now, and Swat was very confused. "Oh, Swat, do you really think I would be mad? I mean, it's a potato! A potato, Swat!" She kept on laughing.

After processing this information, and realizing that Pinkie Pie had just pranked him, Swatteam let out a small chuckle, and then another. Soon he was laughing almost as hard as Pinkie. She grabbed him and pulled him under her umbrella, her forehoof around his shoulders.

Then she looked into his eyes. "I'm sorry for ignoring you," she said in a more serious tone. "It's just, there has been so much stress at work, and-"

Swat cut off her apology by lifting her up in a huge, muddy embrace. He hugged her so hard that she could barely breathe, then set her back down. "I love you, Pinkie Pie."

"I love you too, Swatteam."

So Swatteam1013 and Pinkie Pie walked all the way back to Sugar Cube Corner, keeping close under the umbrella. Although, they didn't seem to mind the wind and rain at all. They were too busy joking and laughing all the way home, and Swatteam1013 finally knew what made him happy.