• Published 17th Nov 2012
  • 6,592 Views, 406 Comments

My Little Pony vs .......... - Ecthelion_Yuda



The mane six duel to the death with some of the greatest fighters and monsters ever.

  • ...
33
 406
 6,592

Dalek vs Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle rubbed her eyes and looked around her. Colours still danced across her vision from the brilliance of the light that had engulfed her moments ago. There could be no doubt about it, that was a particularly powerful teleportation spell. Twilight gazed in awe at the incredible location she now found herself in.

She was in a metallic tunnel and the walls and ceiling shimmered with bronze and gold hues. Lines of light twisted and twirled their way along the surfaces, flashing every so often in a steady pulse that gave Twilight the impression that the place was alive. The very walls seemed to hum with energy and bright blue screens lit up the walls even further. For a moment, Twilight Sparkle forgot how scared she was, forgot about what had happened to her and just allowed herself to get lost in the magical labyrinth of gold. Paying no heed to her better judgement, Twilight Sparkle started walking.

The tunnel she was in wound round and round, branching off in several places leading into more tunnels, all of which looked strikingly similar to the one she was currently in. Everything in this place seemed to enchant her and whilst she knew that she should be terrified, she could only feel happiness.

She rounded a corner and came upon a large room. It was decorated in a similar way to the tunnel, but there were different patterns traveling across the ceiling. Silver panels were stuck to tall pillars of pulsating light and the whole place seemed to be roaring with power. Across the room next to one of the blue screens was a relatively small metal structure. It’s base was covered in bronze coloured orbs protruding in steady even lines right the way around it. Further up there appeared to be some form of grille like structure just below a smooth shiny dome, upon which rested two small light bulbs. Twilight Sparkle stared at the statue, admiring the beauty of the craftsmanship.

However, Twilight soon realised that what she was staring at was no statue. The dome on top began to rotate and a long black stalk with a bright blue light was pointing straight towards her. The rest of the body turned with it, revealing what appeared to be some form of whisk and a plunger in the middle of the body. The lights on top of the dome flared up as a harsh metallic voice rang out.

“Intruder detected! You will identify yourself!”

The purple unicorn stopped breathing momentarily. She had no idea how to respond to something like this. Twilight didn’t really know if the thing was dangerous or not. Still, she thought it would perhaps be better to try and prevent any conflict before it started.

“Hello,” she stuttered, still unsure of herself. She tried to make herself sound more convincing, but failed miserably. “My name is Twilight Sparkle, pleased to meet you. What is your name?”

“Daleks have no need for names! Your species has been identified as the primitive Equestrian race of unicorns! You are inferior! You will be exterminated!”

Twilight felt a huge amount of power building up inside the whisk on the front of the Dalek and only just managed to teleport out of the way before a stream of aqua blue laser fire burned past the area she had just been standing in. The blast connected with the wall behind her and exploded in an impressive display of lightning and smoke. The loud crack that resounded through the network of tunnels made Twilight Sparkle actually shudder. Twilight could feel the power building up again in the Dalek’s weapon and she knew not to wait around for that thing to fire again. She teleported herself halfway down one of the hallways and started running.

Pausing only momentarily for breath, Twilight Sparkle tried to come up with a plan. Clearly the Dalek was her opponent in this arena, so she had to find some way of killing it if she wanted to make it out of here alive. Thankfully, it was just a robot this time so Twilight was easily able to rationalise destroying it far more easily. If the Dalek was actually alive then perhaps she would find it more difficult to think in terms of kill or be killed, but that was not an issue. From what she had observed, Twilight had deduced that the Dalek seemed to have only one mode of attack: The blaster attached to the front of it. She had also worked out that the Dalek could only fight if it was looking at her, so that eye stalk on the dome must be it’s only method of aiming. Finally, Twilight had reasoned that the thing could probably only move very slowly. After all, it was a legless hunk of metal with only one eye; there was no way that it could possibly travel at any considerable speed.

Unfortunately, Twilight’s hypothesis on the speed of the Dalek was rather swiftly proven incorrect. A strange whirring sound caught Twilight’s attention and she peered around the corner to check it out, only to see the figure of the Dalek gliding around the corner around which she had just run. Twilight silently cursed and teleported as far away as she could from the almost silent death machine.

“Ok,” Twilight said to herself. “So, it’s a lot faster than I thought. And I can’t do anything to stop it unless I can get rid of that weapon. If I can destroy it’s gun, then maybe I can buy myself a little bit more time.” Twilight began to plan her attack and readied herself for the Dalek’s arrival.

Thankfully, the unicorn didn’t have long to wait before the Dalek found her. The whirring noise once again betrayed the presence of the dome topped android and Twilight took up her position. The first thing she saw was the slowly growing statue of the Dalek as it slid along the hallway towards her. Her heart jolted when the brass body of the Dalek rolled into view. It noticed her immediately and turned to face her.

“Exterminate!”

Twilight was ready for this. She jumped out of the way of the blast and launched one of her own at the Dalek. She caught the robot slightly left of its gun, but that was alright. Twilight watched the sparks fly as her spell unleashed a torrent of energy onto the Dalek’s body. She skidded to a halt and turned to face the Dalek, ready to assess the damage that her attack had imparted onto her foe.

But there was no damage to assess. Twilight had clearly heard her attack making contact with the Dalek, but there wasn’t even so much as a scratch on the brass body of the monster. The Dalek simply span the top half of its body around to face Twilight and fired again. Twilight remembered herself just in time to dodge out of the way of the blast. She rolled across the ground and let two more spells fly out of her horn. Both struck the Dalek hard in the back of the dome, but once again there wasn’t even a scorch mark.

“Exterminate! EXTERMINATE! EX-TER-MIN-ATE!”

Twilight teleported out of the hallway as swiftly as she could. When she reappeared she could hear blast after blast being launched from the Dalek. She kept on teleporting further and further away from the gunfire until she could no longer hear it. She paced up and down in the room where she had first met the Dalek and angrily questioned herself.
“Why didn’t that work? How can I not have damaged it even a little? The thing’s invincible, I can’t take it down. It’s not possible!”

Panting, Twilight returned to her senses and began to think about things logically once again. It was obvious to her now that the Dalek had some form of invisible shield protecting it, otherwise her attacks would have at least marked the body of the Dalek. So she had to find some way past that. But there was one more thing that Twilight thought about. The Dalek had a shield around it, that much was true, but the amount of power required to generate this shield had to keep it fairly close to the metalwork of the Dalek and there were three features of the machine’s body that quite dramatically extended beyond the safety of the shield: The gun, the plunger and the eye stalk. With this new information at hoof, Twilight began to formulate an entirely new plan of attack. So far the Dalek had had the advantage, but now she was about to take that for herself.

Twilight headed down the nearest tunnel she could find and made as much noise as she could while walking. She wasn’t hiding anymore; she was spoiling for a fight. But it seemed that the Dalek didn’t want anything to do with this new challenge. Twilight galloped around as fast as she could, making no effort to mask the clopping of her hooves. She charged through tunnels as she came across them, hoping all the time to come across the Dalek that had been so eager to hunt her down before, but the machine never revealed itself.

Twilight found the room where she had first made contact with her pursuer again and waited in the centre of the room, keeping both eyes and ears open, ready for the beast’s arrival. She waited for an hour, then two, then three, but still the Dalek refused to show itself.

“Come on Dalek, I’m here! You wanted me, here I am! Exterminate me now!”

The unicorn waited for several more minutes, but still nothing happened. Suddenly, she heard the whirring noise again and glanced all around her, checking every single entrance to the arena she had chosen. The sound became louder and louder, but still the Dalek was nowhere to be seen. The noise was almost deafening but still there was no Dalek.

“EX-TER-MIN-ATE!”
Above the unicorn, the Dalek drifted down from the ceiling gently, it’s gun primed and ready, aiming straight for Twilight Sparkle. It fired away, but Twilight was too fast and managed to get out of the way again. She watched the Dalek touch down on the ground again and aim it’s gun. But Twilight was ready for it this time. She thrust her head forward and began to spin her tail around clockwise. Ever since the Changeling invasion at her brother’s wedding, Twilight had known about her Gatling gun spell technique, but this was the first time she had ever been able to test it without the aid of Pinkie Pie. At first nothing happened except that magic began to build up around her horn, but before the Dalek could finish it’s war cry of “EXTERMINATE,” Twilight was firing hundreds of bolts of energy straight at the Dalek. The force of the volley was enough to force the Dalek back, but none of the hits were actually doing any damage.

Until one struck the monsters eye stalk.

Within seconds of firing, Twilight heard the loud, abrasive metallic cry of a blinded Dalek. The blast had not just broken the blue eye piece on the end of the stalk, but had snapped most of it off. The top of the Dalek’s body twisted and span it what could only be described as a display of absolute panic.

“I have been blinded! I cannot see!”

Twilight smiled cruelly to herself and stopped her assault on the Dalek. She trotted gently over to it and saw that she had done a considerable amount of damage to the Dalek’s gun as well, but hadn’t been able to do anything but blind and disarm the robot. Twilight laughed once and kicked the Dalek with her hind legs as hard as she could. The clang resounded all the way around the arena and the Dalek roared in absolute rage at the pony.

“Emergency Protocol One activate! Divert all auxiliary power to weapons and extra sensory detection programmes!”

Twilight gulped as the Dalek turned it’s gun towards her and fired a blast straight into her chest. She flew backwards through the air and slammed into the wall on the far side of the arena. Thankfully, Twilight had done enough damage to the Dalek’s weapon that the blow was not fatal, but it certainly injured her.

Twilight Sparkle staggered to her feet and turned back to face the Dalek, but her breathing was laboured and thin. That blast had done more damage than she had probably anticipated that it would. She couldn’t hold her ground for long, but then again, she didn’t need to. All she needed was a few more seconds so that she could escape. She charged up the magic in her horn and blasted the Dalek three feet backward. The metal monster screeched in its malicious metallic voice as it landed on the ground with a horrible crunch of bending metal. It turned got up and fired at Twilight Sparkle, but it only hit the floor where she used to be.

Several yards down the tunnel, Twilight was propping herself up against a wall and trying desperately to draw more air into her lungs. She could feel the electricity moving through her body, gradually destroying the cells that kept her alive. In about an hour, the damage would be severe enough to kill her. Twilight couldn’t think about that now though. If she could kill the Dalek, she could leave this battlefield and heal herself properly. Now that the Dalek had lowered its shield, there was nothing to stop her magic from smashing clean through the metal plating that surrounded it. It wouldn’t be easy; she’d probably only get one shot at it, but Twilight Sparkle knew how to finish the fight. Using what little amount of magic she could afford, she slowed the spread of the Dalek’s attack and headed back to meet her opponent one final time.

Unable to see or feel, the Dalek had not been able to leave the room where Twilight had left it, but it was clearly enraged. It span all of its components all around its body and blasted shots every few seconds. But when it heard Twilight approaching, it stopped and turned to face her. Blind though it may have been, the Dalek was still incredibly powerful and Twilight knew that one more hit would almost certainly kill her. Twilight had her plan, but she would need a few seconds for it to work. She let a single weak blast fly at the Dalek to disorientate it before she prepared her final attack. The Dalek span around several times as Twilight strafed to the left and began to charge up as much power as she could in her horn. The aura of power grew around her horn larger and larger and larger as the Dalek steadied itself. Twilight cursed under her breath because she wasn’t ready yet, but she couldn’t move or do anything to stop the Dalek from attacking without wasting this chance and Twilight wasn’t sure that she would get another one after this. All she needed was another ten seconds.

“EX……TER……MIN….A-“

Twilight didn’t let the Dalek finish its war cry and fired of one of the most powerful bolts of magic that she had ever created straight at the metal monster. The Dalek exploded with an impressive bang, sending pieces of metal and some weird goo all over the place. Twilight panted and fought to stay standing. Slowly, she crept towards the smoking pile of metallic rubble that used to call itself a Dalek. Inside was weird creamy goo that Twilight couldn’t identify. Before too long, a small round object floated to the surface and Twilight had to stop herself from being physically sick.

There had been something alive inside the Dalek the whole time.

Twilight Sparkle finally understood what the Dalek was. It wasn’t a robot; it was a suit of armour with a real living creature inside. Twilight tried not to think too hard about it, but the fact remained that she had just killed a living thing. Before she could hate herself any more for her act of murder, a portal opened up behind her and she stumbled through.