• Published 17th Nov 2012
  • 6,592 Views, 406 Comments

My Little Pony vs .......... - Ecthelion_Yuda



The mane six duel to the death with some of the greatest fighters and monsters ever.

  • ...
33
 406
 6,592

The Gremlins vs Fluttershy

Fluttershy stepped out of the portal and sank into the five inches of fresh snow. The air was freezing and the wind cut through her like a knife. Wherever she was, it was clearly the middle of winter here and the sky was black as coal with softer grey wisps of cloud drifting across the expanse. No stars were visible, but large metal rods extended from the ground bathing the white ground with light. Gargantuan four wheeled machines lined the street, permitting the falling snow to pile up on them coating them in a thick layer of white beauty. The air was so cold that her misty breath crackled as little water droplets condensed and froze. Fluttershy knew that she had to find some shelter and fast, otherwise she’d be frozen solid. She walked for several metres, shivering constantly, trying to find somewhere to stay. Many buildings surrounded her, but none of them appeared to be open and those that did were not particularly welcoming.

Eventually, a short red brick building with a dark green door and neon lights in the windows presented itself. It didn’t give off a very friendly vibe, but something told Fluttershy that she would be better off in there. The word “BAR” was written across the top of the door and Fluttershy wondered what that could mean as she slowly eased the door open.

Inside, Fluttershy could hear noises that sounded a little bit like one of Pinkie Pie’s parties: clinking of glasses, loud talking and laughing, off key singing, music and the occasional scream of someone who had taken the fun a little too far. Fluttershy refused to move from the doorway for a few minutes, partially because she was letting herself warm up, but mostly because she was terrified. If there was a party going on, then there were o0ther people or ponies, and if there were other living things here, then one of them would be trying to kill her. She was tempted to leave, find somewhere else to hide, but it was too cold outside to try it. It would also help her to hide from her enemy if she knew what exactly she was hiding from. Taking a few deep breaths, Fluttershy tried to prepare herself for what was waiting for her.

Fluttershy slowly made her way through the darkened hallway towards the sound of merry making. The green and yellow faded wallpaper guided her to a solid wooden door stood between her and what was sure to be her next challenger. Slowly, the door creaked open and the terrified yellow pegasus tiptoed in.

The noise was almost deafening as Fluttershy entered the room. Clearly the door had performed some kind of sound-proofing role because the pink maned pegasus had to cover her ears before she could properly concentrate on what was happening around her. Fluttershy coughed as she inhaled a lungful of the cigar smoke that lingered in the air. Spluttering and wiping her eyes as they began to water, Fluttershy looked around the room and took stock of everything she could.

All around her were high stools and even higher tables covered in shards of broken glass, streams of coloured foil, paper napkins and puddles of fizzing liquid that dripped slowly from the edges of the tables onto the floor. Burned out cigars and cigarette butts adorned almost every available surface and a thick bread like smell hung in the air. Seated at the tables were small black creatures with huge ears sticking out of the top of their heads and tiny crimson eyes that seemed to glow of their own accord. Their skin looked moist and scaly, somewhat reminiscent of the Changelings. They appeared to walk on two legs and they had two exceptionally long arms for their tiny bodies. Sharp white claws adorned the end of each arm, dagger like and clearly very dangerous. The monsters’ mouths were upturned in a constant grotesque smile, showing off two rows of blackened dagger like teeth.

What surprised Fluttershy more than anything was how comical the little monsters were. One of them was sat on a stool wearing a sparkly red dress that Rarity probably would have found insulting, its face was totally covered in clown like make-up and a curly blond wig squatted on its head in such a way that could not have been very comfortable. Beside that one, another little beast wearing a pinstripe suite and a tilted fedora broke into uncontrollable laughter. It laughed so hard that it fell off of its stool, which inspired loud cackles from all of the surrounding gremlins. The noise was hideous, crackling and rough like a wounded animal, but the sound was filled with malicious glee. There appeared to be something fundamentally cruel about these creatures, and as they interacted with each other more intimately, Fluttershy could observe just how truly abhorrent the gremlins were.

One gremlin picked up a bottle that was resting on the table in front of it and chugged down the entire contents in one gulp. Upon swallowing the last few drops, it began to span around and around and slammed the bottle into its neighbours head. The bottle shattered, causing incredibly sharp shards of glass to fly off in all directions. One shard slid down his partners back, spilling a foul smelling black liquid all over the floor as it fell to the ground. The gremlin’s arm twitched once, but soon lay still, its eyes wide open.

Fluttershy let out a small whimper as she gazed down at the tiny corpse, unwittingly alerting all of the other gremlins in the room to her presence. There were dozens of them, all staring down at her with malice in their eyes. The formerly rowdy monsters fell deathly silent as their eyes drank in the form of the terrified little pegasus. One of the creatures stood up on the table and took a few steps forward. It extended one of its arms towards Fluttershy, the talon at the end of its finger glinted in the light from the ceiling. Its face adopted a maniacal grin and malice filled its eyes.

“Yum yum.”

Those two words sent every other gremlin in the room into an uncontrollable frenzy. They hurled themselves over tables and across the floor as they leapt and charged towards the terrified little pony. Fluttershy shrieked and bolted out of the door that she had come through as a stream of small black bodies spilled out behind her. She kicked open the door at the end of the hall and flew up onto the nearest roof as the swarm of gremlins invaded the white snow beneath her. She had some difficulty keeping her balance on the frozen slope, but at least she was o0ut of reach of those beasts.

However, before she could catch her breath, Fluttershy saw the tips of two ears peep out over the edge of the roof. Fluttershy stifled a scream as the gremlin’s hideous grin appeared before her. It tried to heave itself up further using the drain pipe running down the front of the building. Without thinking, Fluttershy panicked and kicked a hoof full of snow at the minster, causing it to fall onto the frozen ground below. There was a soft thud as the gremlin struck the concrete path under the snow and Fluttershy was convinced that she had just committed another murder. Tears began to run down her cheeks as she took off and flew from rooftop to rooftop, desperately trying to get away from the demonic mob that was chasing her. Up ahead was a large building with several broken windows that she could easily fly through and she decided that that would be a good place to hide for now.

Two murders. Fluttershy had actively murdered two other living creatures. She was supposed to be the physical embodiment of kindness and yet she had committed such barbaric acts of cruelty against her fellow living creatures. Fluttershy was beside herself with despair. She had made an oath never to harm another living thing, and yet she had broken that oath twice in the space of as many days. How could she ever look her friends in the eye again.? Would she have to take any more lives before she was released from this living nightmare?

“Of course,” Fluttershy whimpered to herself. “This is exactly what Chrysalis, Discord and Nightmare Moon want. They want me and the others to break down and stop fighting, they want us to lie down and die. But I won’t do it!”
Fluttershy was shouting now, more to bolster her own confidence than anything else, but there was a part of her that hoped that Discord, Chrysalis and Nightmare Moon were listening to her right now. She wanted them to know that they hadn’t beaten her and that she was not ready to give up on her friends just yet.

Fluttershy thought back to a few weeks ago, before she had been kidnapped by the Changelings. Her animal friends had been a little bit more excitable than usual and were behaving very badly. Fluttershy had never tried to force them to do anything in her life, but if they were doing something particularly bad, then she would have to resort to using her Stare to get them to stop. Fluttershy didn’t know much about how or why the Stare worked, but she did often wonder about how specific she could make her requests. She wanted to know if she could give direct instructions to her animals using the Stare or whether she could merely give general requests.

Angel Bunny had been bouncing up and down on the couch, knocking off all of the cushions, tipping over the side table and generally just making a huge mess. Fluttershy had gotten so frustrated that she had to resort to using the Stare. She gave him the verbal instruction to pick up all of the cushions and put them back in their proper place, then to sit down quietly. It was more specific an instruction than Fluttershy had ever tried to give before using the Stare, but sure enough Angel Bunny performed the task perfectly. Fluttershy had been terrified of what this new power could do. She knew that she would have to avoid using it unless she absolutely had to.

And this was a situation where she absolutely had to resort to desperate measures in order to stay alive. As far as Fluttershy was aware, the Stare was not mind control as such, more like a heightened method of persuasion. Maybe instead of killing the gremlins herself, she could persuade them to do it for her. The monsters seemed simple minded enough, so convincing them to kill one another shouldn’t prove too difficult. As long as she wasn’t actyually committing the murders, she wasn’t really to blame and she wouldn’t feel so guilty. After all, she had to be the last one standing, but that didn’t mean that she had to fight for herself. With her new strategy beginning to take form, Fluttershy flapped her wings and flew back to the last place she saw the gremlins.

Upon arriving, Fluttershy was surprised to find that no one was there. All of the monsters had vanished, leaving behind a twisted maze of footprints as the only clue that they even existed. Having looked after animals her entire life, Fluttershy was accustomed to tracking little creatures that got lost in the snow, so she was easily able to identify the tracks of three gremlins that had separated from the rest of the group. She took note of which way they went ad tracked them to a small house about half a mile away. The gremlins had clearly smashed a window and climbed through in order to wreak some havoc inside. Fluttershy gently beat her wings and let herself in through the shattered window. She was completely petrified, but she couldn’t let that stop her. She wasn’t just doing this for herself, just so that she could survive. She was doing it for her friends. She was sure that her friends needed her and the only way to get to them was to win this death match.

Fluttershy had barely managed to get her hooves on the ground when something came whizzing past her face. She turned quickly and saw a gremlin standing in the doorway of what appeared to be the kitchen. In its claws, it held all manner of knives, forks and an assortment of other sharp objects. Laughing maniacally, the gremlin selected a large meat cleaver from its collection and hurled it at Fluttershy without warning. Fluttershy wasn’t fast enough to get out of the way and the heavy blade slid effortlessly into her wing. With a loud crack, the bones at the tip of her wing snapped and the weight of the falling cleaver tore off the end of her wing. The whole process was very quick, so Fluttershy didn’t register the pain until the knife hit the floor at her hooves. After a second or two, Fluttershy dropped to the floor and clutched at her wing with her front hooves. A sickening wail escaped her lips as she thrashed around in a steadily growing puddle of her blood and tears. She was in excruciating agony, terrified beyond belief and totally hopeless. She was going to die here, a broken mess on the floor at the hands of a gremlin. As it dawned on her that her life was about to come to an end, Fluttershy’s tenuous grip on her sanity faltered and was lost. Within her mind, Fluttershy could hear a small spark ignite and she stopped screaming. She was still in pain, but she now could tell herself to ignore it. Her broken mind was entirely under her control now that her self-preservation and desire mechanisms had kicked in. it was liberating, to be free of the constraints of her conscious timidity. She slowly got back to her hooves, one side of her body covered in a thin film of blood and she forced her lips into a smile.

The gremlin was still in fits of hysterics as Fluttershy walked up to it. As Fluttershy glared down on the beast, the gremlin looked up and caught her eye for a second. A second was all it took for the Stare to take hold and the gremlin stopped laughing, totally beguiled by Fluttershy. Without breaking her Stare, Fluttershy began to speak to the gremlin. She spoke softly, almost tenderly, but there was a real hatred in her voice that Fluttershy never usually let out.

“That wasn’t very nice now was it,” she said, flicking her injured wing slightly. The gremlin just shook its head. “You need to be punished for being such a meanie don’t you? Your ears look sort of like wings to me, so as part of your punishment,” Fluttershy paused momentarily. “You’re going to cut one of them off.”

Without hesitation, the gremlin dropped all of its knives except for one very long and sharp kitchen knife with a thick black handle. With one hand it stretched out its ear, and sliced it clean off with the other. Black ooze spurted out of the wound, splashing into Fluttershy’s face. She didn’t even blink.

“I don’t think your punishment is over just yet. No, your punishment must be more severe. I think, to prove that you’re sorry, you should try and hit yourself with that knife ten times.”

Immediately, the gremlin began hacking away at the top of its head. With every blow, fresh skin was removed and the knife blade bit down into the flesh surrounding its skull. After about five hits, the skull caved in and the gremlin drove the knife blade deep into its own brain. The gremlin let go of the knife, dropped to its knees and fell to the ground with the knife still protruding from its head. Black slime, flecked with fragments of white skull bone covered the floor and Fluttershy was soaked in a black and red mixture of gremlin blood and her own.

Fluttershy trotted into the kitchen and looked for something that she could use to stop her wing from bleeding out. She couldn’t allow herself to be killed by a poorly thrown meat cleaver after all. She wrapped her wing up in half a roll of kitchen towel before sticking it in place with cling film. She stretched her wing out to make sure that the dressing would hold, and while she winced at the pain of doing so, nothing seemed to be wrong with it. She returning to the task at hand, Fluttershy had tracked three gremlins to this house and thus far only one of them was dead. Above her, Fluttershy could hear clawed feet scraping along the floor, running back and forth over her head, and she immediately set about finding a way to get upstairs.

Finding the staircase was easy and very soon Fluttershy was on the upper floor of the house. There were deep claw marks in the walls and various photograph frames and paintings had been knocked down and smashed. Cruel laughter drifted down the hallway, betraying the gremlins’ presence. Fluttershy stood still at the top of the stairs and looked down the length of the hallway and noticed that all of the doors were closed, except for one right at the end of the hallway which was slightly ajar. It creaked as it swung slightly and Fluttershy was absolutely certain that the other two were in there, but she wasn’t willing to just wander headlong into what was obviously a trap, so she decided to wait until the immature nature of the gremlins got the better of them.

She didn’t have long to wait before the first creature emerged from its hiding place, snarling and roaring, flailing its arms around in an attempt to appear more menacing than usual. The second gremlin burst out from behind the door as Fluttershy began to give the first one the Stare. In an instant, the first gremlin was under her spell.

“Your friend is being very loud and very bad,” Fluttershy spoke softly and quickly with no emotion in her voice at all. “You should stop him from being so naughty.”

Not even pausing to blink, the gremlin turned around and launched itself at its kinsman. Claws flew, kicks and punches and scratches resounded throughout the hallway as the two monsters fought each other. Bodies were slammed against walls and the floor, flecks of black blood squirting out of the wounds being inflicted on one another and the roars of rage and pain coming from the diminutive fighters were terrifying to hear. Both gremlins threw themselves at each other in a way that reminded Fluttershy of the Arnold Schwartzeneighger films that Rainbow Dash always forced her to watch. After the vicious, albeit brief confrontation, one of the gremlins thrust its hand towards the other. Its claws tore through his neighbours flesh and deep into his opponents chest. The wounded fighter let out a noise that was half a cough and half gurgling as the black blood spewed from its mouth and ran down its chin. The victor gripped a fistful of soft flesh and twisted its arm, launching another mouthful of blood from the opponent. The winner withdrew his hand and let the lifeless corpse of his adversary fall to the ground with an graceless thump. Before the winner could do anything more, Fluttershy knocked him to the ground with her front legs and stomped down hard on the monsters skull. The bone crumbled underneath the force of the blow and the poor demons head basically exploded under the pressure, sending a large splash of blood all over the floor and walls. As she left, Fluttershy scraped the ooze and fragments of skull off of her hooves against the corner of the top step. She looked back at the headless body of the gremlin she had controlled and offered an insincere congratulation before she set off to find her remaining enemies.

Four of the monsters had been defeated, leaving at least another thirty for Fluttershy to hunt down. Looking up at the sky, Fluttershy noticed that the cloud had cleared somewhat so finding the remaining gremlins would be much easier now. Fluttershy started making her way back to “BAR” where she hoped to track another small group of gremlins and eliminate them. Hopefully, she could keep tackling them in small groups so that she would have a better chance of winning.

However, as Fluttershy was crossing a large intersection, she heard the sound of cruel laughter that alerted her to the presence of the gremlins. Shadows darted back and forth across the snow in front of her and she could hear the sound of the gremlins sprinting behind her as well. They weren’t closing in on her, but they were certainly surrounding her. She stopped right in the centre of the intersection and looked all around her, trying to find a way that she could escape, but the shifting shadows of the gremlins kept her penned in. One thing was certain though; there were a lot more of them than there had been before. Suddenly, two red lights appeared above the snow. Fluttershy stared at the lights, wondering what they could be, but before long another pair appeared beside the first set, then another behind her, and another on the building to her right, and another and another until she was surrounded by at least a hundred pairs of red lights, red eyes, staring at her. From the shadows, one gremlin stepped forward and looked right at Fluttershy.

“Yum yum!”

An army of gremlins closed in on Fluttershy as the sun began to rise. The pony couldn’t hold any one gremlins gaze long enough to attempt a Stare, and there was no way that she could physically fight against so many. She crouched back, shut her eyes and prayed that her death would be swift.

But death did not come for her.

After a few seconds of waiting, Fluttershy realised that the gremlins had stopped laughing and shouting. She opened her eyes and saw the look of absolute terror on the faces of her enemies as they all stared into the sun as it rose. Some of the gremlins were no more than a foot away from her, but they had stopped to watch the sun as it rose. The suns light spread across the snow towards the gremlins, but they did nothing to move out of the way. As the first group was struck by the warm glow they began to shriek with fear and agony. Their skin began to melt and fall away from their body, exposing the muscle underneath and sending them into fits and spasms. Soon, every gremlin in the area was collapsed on the ground and writhing around in absolute agony trying to prevent their bodies from falling apart. Black blood flowed freely from every new wound that opened up in their tiny bodies and their eyes liquefied inside their heads, mingling the red and white juice with the black and grey sludge of the blood and molten flesh. After about thirty seconds of suffering, all that remained was a tiny yellow pegasus, surrounded by an army of little skeletons.

The portal opened up right in front of Fluttershy and she stepped through without hesitation, ready to face her next adversary, sure that she would win.

Author's Note:

Sorry this one is so late, but I do have my reasons:

History coursework has kept me pinned down pretty much permanently, it is unbelievable how much I have to try and fit into 2000 words.
I've been working on my socio-political vlog on YouTube, TheCommunistMessiah, so that's taken up some of my time
Writing fights for FLuttershy is ridiculously hard. Seriously, p[utting her in a situation where she can kill other things is almost impossible.

Anyway, the next fight is Applejack vs Genghis Kahn and I promise that you will have that one sooner than you had this one.