• Published 28th Dec 2011
  • 1,538 Views, 3 Comments

Day in the Life - Rocktavia



Somewhat Abstract depiction of ponies doing what they love!

  • ...
 3
 1,538

The Cello

All that matters is me and my cello.

A studious grey pony sat down in a soft chair. Deliberately, Octavia reached down to a large case on the stage in front of her and opened it, revealing a large stringed musical instrument made out of a dark wood, and its respective elegant bow.

Octavia reveled in the beauty of her instrument for a moment, then continued to prepare.

She tilted the neck of the cello up, and dramatically lifted the femininely-shaped body out of the case. Octavia tilted it back and forth cautiously on its single peg, and finally rests the neck on her shoulder. She plucked up the bow from its former resting place in the case, and splayed it over the strings.

Octavia shuts her eyes, and focuses on the music she knew by heart. She feels the fluid notes coursing through her blood, and loses herself amongst the music and the sound. She knew of the reverberating applause that the rest of the stadium produced, but payed little attention to it.

Inside her focused mind, all that existed was her, and the cello.

The notes flew across the stage, dancing about in her mind. Her deepest emotions poured out through the sound. A soul of seriousness and tamed emotion came unleashed in the form of a light yet solemn wail. Her hooves began to hurt, but then the soul of the music urged her to continue. Eventually, she got into a routine of drawing the bow across the Cello, and twitching the hoof ever so slightly to produce the notes in such a manner so as to ignore the pain.

After several minutes of this, the grey, dark-maned pony reached the end of the piece, and found she had but one more note within her. True peace flowed out as she played the last note, and slowly opened her eyes once more. The crowd had broken into thunderous applause, but she didn’t care too much.

Because inside, all that really mattered was her, and the cello she played.