127w, 1dWell...0 comments · 79 views
I (John Roetzer) am considering writing a companion/side story for the Chess Game of the Gods series involving a zebra.(Chess Game of the Gods is the universe featuring the stories Ballad of Echo the Diamond Dog and Griffin the Griffin)
I am not sure how it would turn out and, i am sad to say, may sputter out and die if I cannot get enough time to write it, as Royal Pains maintains first priority. Do you guys think I should go through with it? please respond so i can determine weather it would be worth the effort.
Also this would most likely be a solo project, just me, no Xplayer.
I would also need permission from rust to have it official after the first chapter, so it could end right there.
129w, 1dRelease Notes: Chapter 52 comments · 110 views
Yes, we finished a chapter in 3 weeks and not 3 months. It is indeed possible!
Xplayer here. I'm glad to see that FiMFiction threw Royal Pains into the featured bar again for some odd reason. New fans are always welcome! The story isn't that long anyway.
On to various behind the scenes A/Ns and references:
1. Please forgive the memespamming in the second paragraph. Memespamming, in my opinion, is the WORST. POSSIBLE. THING. in writting :P
2. For any horse experts out there, we are aware that horses do not have ankles. We just thought using the technical term for the joint between the hoof and lower leg (which, according to Wikipedia is called the fetlock), would just sound awkward and have people rushing to dictionaries unnecessarily.
3. Our fight scene may not be as detailed and fluid as something from, say, The Immortal Game, but it's our first attempt at a crowd fight, so any comments and criticism on that scene in particular would be greatly appreciated.
4. Since both John and I dabble in learning about the science of the multiverse, we'd like to address whether or not if you met yourself from a parallel dimension, the space time continuum would unravel. However, since I don't have the time to write and you probably don't have the time to read a dissertation regarding the physical and philosophical implications of the matter, we'll just say, NO.
Again, there's no timetable for the next chapter, but hopefully it will be written soon. Both John and I will be away for most of July, so if there isn't an update by then, don't expect one until the end of July. Until then,
132w, 2dRelease Notes: Chapter 41 comments · 93 views
WOW THAT WAS A LOOOONG DELAY.
Xplayer here. John and I are now very much familiar with the problems of scheduling, especially considering that one of us only has access to a computer during specific times of the day. I also learned to never set a timetable for a new chapter, but if you know anything about internet timetables, they're never accurate. We're on Valve time here people! I will say that HOPEFULLY the next chapter will come out sooner than this one. The summer should allow us to work together more efficiently, but I will make no promises. ;)
Anyway, on to the story notes to prevent our author's notes from being ridiculously long, because I know that most people don't really care about my "behind the scenes" thoughts.
1. For those of you who haven't taken/fell asleep in World Civilizations 101, here's the building upon which the Upper Crust was based.
2. Note that the latest developments regarding the structure of the Royal Equestrian Army shouldn't contradict our story. Shining Armor is like a five star general, whereas Lance is just a Commander, or if we actually knew what we were doing and used the correct army term, a lieutenant colonel.
3. There was no (and I believe still is no) consensus on the genderbent Fancypants and Fleur de Lis names. We decided on Pleated Skirt for Fancypants as a more "literal" genderbent equivalent. Floriano is more of a phonetic equivalent, as the Italian for "lily" is "giglio" (according to Google translate).Floriano, in my opinion, is supposed to be more of a dashing, beautiful male rather than a "trophy" male such as a bodybuilder athlete type. We couldn't really agree and didn't really have the time to develop his character, so it was left rather ambiguous.
4. I'm really glad to finally have BBs change places. That was our intention from the beginning, and having to keep that unwritten for months was aggravating. Now the REAL story (whatever that means) begins.
That's all I have to share for now. If you have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comments below and I'll try to answer them.
133w, 17hChapter Four0 comments · 70 views
should be out by Monday at the latest. sorry for the wait, but i can almost guarantee ch5 will not entail such a long period of suffering on all our parts
sorry for the delay