• Published 25th Dec 2011
  • 65,655 Views, 1,139 Comments

My Little Dashie: A sequel - ty500600



My take on what happened after Dashie left us in the story My Little Dashie by ROB

  • ...
98
 1,139
 65,655

Chapter Ten (Edited)

Of course I was lying to her, this was only my second time here, but I didn’t think it would hurt to rile up the goddess a little bit. It took all the composure I had to keep from laughing at her and her subjects’ faces. “Hello, Celestia, long time no see,” I said with smirk. “Its been...what? Like two and a half months since I last saw you? That means that you guys are bringing me back after like an hour or something?” The shock that still was stuck on their faces turned my smirk into an inner smile. If one of them hadn’t said something, I probably would have started to laugh. Naturally, Pinkie Pie was the first to break the silence.

“Oh hi! I remember you! Wait, this is your fifth time here?” She asked with sudden revelation. I nodded in response. I knew exactly what was coming. The pink mare bounced off the ground and gasped. ‘Now she will bolt off towards Ponyville,’ I thought. She would have too if Applejack had not bit down onto her pink tail.

“Whoa dere’ shugga’ kube, we ‘int going no’ere,” Applejack spit out through clenched teeth.

“But he has never been to one of my parties!” Pinkie squealed. Celestia walked over and rested a hoof on Pinkie and shook her head. Pinkie stopped jumping, clearly upset that she would not be able to throw me one of her magnificent parties.

“Maybe next time, Pinkie Pie,” I chided. Her face brightening almost immediately.

“I do not think so, friend,” Princess Celestia said flatly. “As I told you before, our worlds are not meant to house each other. As you are undoubtedly aware, Rainbow Dash has the ability to open a portal from our world to yours.” I nodded my head, where in reality I had no idea what was going on. “The problem is,” she continued, “that every time Rainbow Dash opens the portal, it brings our worlds closer to each other. Tell me, how long has it been since we first met in your world?” She questioned with interest.

I stared at her, trying to understand what she was getting at, “Well, its only been a few months, so that means it has been no more than an hour or two here, yes?” I asked, now in all seriousness.

“It has been three days for us,” she said, a bit smugly. Now it was my turn to be surprised.

“What? I thought one day here in Equestria was one year back on Earth,” I asked. Now it was her turn to get me riled up.

She shook her head, “Well no... And although I would love to sit and explain the situation to you, we simply don’t have the time. All I can tell you is that you being here with that portal behind you is creating negative effects here in Equestria and on your planet... Have you noticed strange weather patterns back on Earth..?” She questioned.

“Well, yeah, I guess I have. The weatherman and the meteorologists said it was just strange phenomena though,” I replied, already knowing what she was getting at. She was about to start up again when I cut her off, “wait, wait, wait, so you mean to tell me that Dashie crossing into my world so long ago has been effecting both of our worlds?” A curt nod was her reply. “But then how come when she came to me in the first place, there was no negative effects? Or when you and your...group,” I almost said posse, “came through and then left there was no effects?” I said, starting to get annoyed. I came here to find my Dashie, not standing around talking to a bunch of ponies.

“Where I cannot explain why the first time Dash... ehm, Rainbow Dash came through there was no ill side effects, maybe because it was the first incident or for some other plausible reason. But when my little ponies and I came through the portal, Twilight and I used our combined powers to do so gently, as to not rip open the portal, but to gently stretch it so that we could proceed through,” she said, also getting impatient. “Now, what we believe that has happened is that Rainbow Dash was charged with the powerful magical spell we told you about those months ago, or in our case days. It was mixed with the frightful energy of the massive storm and stored in her body, giving her a magical power not yet seen in Equestria... That is how you keep getting here, but as you said, you already knew that,” she said, staring into my eyes. She knew I was lying, but I didn’t care.

I clenched my fists, “Well that's all well and good, but I’m here to find Dashie, so if you don’t mind, I’m off to find her,” I said, slightly more angry than intended. I turned my back to the group and started off, that was until I heard a sharp whistle. Two of the Princess’s Royal Guards flew down from the sky and landed in front of me, wings spread, cutting off my route. I turned to face the Princess, now I was getting angry, “Will you please move your cronies,” I asked, relatively calmly. This scared Fluttershy a bit, who was now on the ground, quivering behind her friends.

“I’m afraid I cannot do that, for you must return to your home. As I said earlier, our worlds were never meant to be together. This portal cannot stay open for much longer, other wise it will become more dangerous than before. I’m sorry to tell you this, but you must leave at once. If not for the good of the rest of us, then for the good of your...Dashie. It is imperative that I strip her powers from her to close this portal. She is the key to this doorway, and it must be locked for good. I’m also sorry to tell you that our original memory charm was ineffective at restoring the memories of her past here in Equestria, and-” she couldn’t continue, I cut her off.

“What! I thought she still remembered me, but also her friends...” I said, my anger being replaced with sadness that I hadn’t felt for months. But I wasn’t sad for myself, I was sad for Dashie. She was not looking to see me, she was looking for a way back to me.

“Yes, and although it hurts me deeply, you must return home, for the good of both worlds. If she sees you again, she might not willingly give up her powers, and then we would not be able to shut this doorway. Now, I don’t know if this is any condolence, but it will not hurt her. She will also not hurt for you, for she will not remember you...

Just the thought of this was able to break me. My Dashie... She would not remember anything..? I fell to my knees as if I had just taken a blow to the stomach. And although I wasn’t hurt physically, the Princess might as well have done so... I felt my heart beat faster and I was breathing heavily. I couldn’t hold back the tears, it was just to much for me to take in.

“I am sorry but this is how it must be, for fear of these energies resurfacing later, but you must leave,” she said, noticeably quieter. She walked over to me and knelt down beside me and wrapped a wing around my body. She was aware of how much I was hurting.

“Okay, okay, I’ll go. I’m sorry, I thought Dashie had found a way...” I couldn’t finish my sentence, a tear rolled down my cheek. I looked straight into the eyes of the elder pony sitting beside me. “I said this before, but I’m going to say it again. Take care of my Dashie... She deserves better than you, and she deserves better than me. There is nothing we can do to help that.”

I stood up and looked at the sky as I wiped the tears of my face.

“So I ask you, make her happy again, like all of your old time adventures. Protect her for me, since I won’t be able to. And...if at all possible, tell her I love her. Tell her that I am still so proud of the mare she has grown up to be. Tell her that i raised her to be the best person she could be. Please, just tell her while she remembers me. She deserves that at the least,” I choked out. My eyes were welling up with tears. I scanned the group of ponies. I saw tears in some of their eyes, hurt in others. I turned my back to the group, and stared down the maw of a shadow looming in front of me. A single tear rolled down my cheek and it fell to the ground. I heard a voice behind me.

“Be safe through out your life good sir, you are right, but you are wrong. Dashie doesn’t deserve us, not anymore. The compassion you showed her has once again reminded me of the good everywhere. I hope that we may take a lesson from you, and I hope we may never meet again,” the majestic voice said, and then, almost inaudibly, it said, “You were wrong, she truly deserves you.” I didn’t look back as the darkness engulfed me, I never wanted to go back there...