• Published 25th Sep 2012
  • 9,674 Views, 331 Comments

Ponies in Minecraft - yolky206



The Mane 6 have to survive in the world of Minecraft.

  • ...
24
 331
 9,674

Cow Tipper and When Pigs Fly

After yet another morning, Twilight decided it was not a good idea to keep sleeping on their wooden floor. She quickly opened her book to see information about sleeping. She didn't find an article, but she did find a crafting recipie for a bed. It was required to have three blocks of wool and three blocks of wooden planks. Being confused, Twilight flipped over to a page about wool. She found a picture of a sheep with something that looked like scissors next to it. The next picture showed the sheep with no fluffy cover on it, and some floating white blocks on the ground. The next pictures showed a similar scene but with the sheep in a rainbow of colors. Twilight flipped to a page where the information on the scissors was and read it. It said that they were called shears, and they were nessesary to collect wool blocks from sheep. She looked at the recipie to craft them and set to work.

Meanwhile, Rainbow, Pinkie, and Fluttershy were tending to the animals. Rainbow had her dog with her and was trying to make it do tricks. Pinkie was trying to help Fluttershy feed the animals, but Fluttershy just had more work cut out for her with the 'assistance' from Pinkie. Rarity was watching from a distance while Applejack tended to the farming. She had a new idea for the red collar that appeared on Rainbow's dog, and she wanted to try it out. Rarity took out the ink sac Rainbow found on her travels and walked over to where her friends were playing.

"Hi Rarity!" Called out Pinkie.

Rarity waved to her friend, but went straight to Rainbow.

"Hey Rarity, whats up?"

"I have a splendid idea for the collar of your dog." Rarity told her. "If you want the collar to look much more.. uhh.. awesome, then leave your dog to me."

Rainbow's ears perked up when she heard Rarity said 'awesome'. Rarity noticed that, and just demanded an answer.

"Sure Rarity, i'll just leave you to your work. But don't put any frills or girly things on it." Rainbow shot Rarity a glare at the last bit.

"Don't worry, i'm sure you'll love it." Rarity said as Rainbow wandered off. She took out the ink sac, and squirted it on the collar. She made a loop around the dog's head as the black substance squished out. When there was no more ink left, the sac dissapeared. Rarity looked at the collar, and it was now a pitch black color. Feeling statisfied with herself, she called over Rainbow to see how she liked it. "Rainbow! Come here will you?"

"Alright, i'm coming." Rainbow replied.

When Rainbow finally arrived, she was very dirty. 'I think i'm going to have to force her to clean herself.' Rarity thought to herself. She watched her friend's mouth hang open in amazement. "Well dear? Do you love it?"

"I. Freaking. Love. It." Rainbow said, keeping her enthusiasm to herself. "It's about four hundred percent cooler than it was already! Thank you Rarity!"

Rarity braced herself for the tight hug that Rainbow gave her. After the bone-breaking hug Rainbow flew off with her dog. Rarity just brushed herself off and continued to find things to do. She wandered to where Fluttershy and Pinkie were dealing with the animals when she saw Twilight run up with scissors being held by magic. "Twilight! Don't run with scissors!" She yelled to her friend. Twilight just ignored Rarity and kept on running, right into the sheep pen.

"Twilight?" Fluttershy softly called. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. But I know how we can make beds, which will help us sleep at night."

Twilight told her friends her idea, and she eventually saw Spike and Applejack come over to see what was happening. She told the idea to them too. Soon Twilight was given some space to work with the sheep and her shears while her friends explored and messed around.

-------------

Pinkie had the wildest thought so far. She knew that leather was needed back in Equestria, but she thought maybe Rarity could find a use for it here. While Fluttershy wasn't looking, she took out her sword and entered the cow pen. The cows just looked at her and watched the sword in her mouth. Pinkie did a test with the sword on a cow, and it just jumped in the air once it touched the blade. The cow started spinning and running around like it was on fire. After it calmed down, Pinkie walked back up to it and touched the cow again. This time, it fell over and three items fell on the ground. One of them was red and looked kind of raw. 'I guess it's cow meat.' She thought to herself. The other two items were brown and looked really weird. Pinkie picked up all of it and heard a ding in the air. She grew a smile bigger than her face and sprang over the fence. She jumped over to Applejack first and told her about the cow. Her friend just looked at her like she was nuts (which is true) and just asked her why. "Because I looked at the Achievements page on the Wiki and learned that!" She told her friend excitedly. Pinkie handed one of the pieces of leather to her friend and heard a ding. Soon after that, all of them picked up the leather and got their latest Achievement.

After holding the leather, Rainbow learned Twilight was going to make beds for them, but she didn't really want to watch her friend clip wool. Instead she flew off with her dog into the house to get some supplies. She knew Spike kept the saddle on him at all times, but she wanted to use it. Rainbow picked up Twilight's book and read it so she would learn about storage. There were two blocks used for storage, a chest and an Ender chest. She looked up the crafting recipie for the normal chest, and soon managed to make one. She grabbed it and flew out to where Spike was fishing. "HEY SPIKE!" Rainbow yelled to him. "I HAVE SOMETHING FOR YOU TO USE!"

"RAINBOW! COME DOWN HERE SO I CAN HEAR YOU!" Spike called back. Rainbow forgot she was too high for any of her friends to hear her.

Rainbow flew down to Spike and repeated what she yelled to him. She explained everything about him needing to store what he can't hold and gave him the chest. Spike thanked Rainbow and she walked behind a tree to hide. She watched Spike put everything in the chest, including the saddle. With ninja-like skills, Rainbow flew into the air and opened the chest from the sky. She quickly grabbed what she needed and flew off before Spike found out what she was doing.

After a few minutes of flight, Rainbow settled down into the forest where there were still herds of animals. She pulled out her saddle, and remembered a long lecture Twilight gave them about being careful with saddles. Apparently they could be put on a pig to ride, but it isn't easy to control them. Rainbow put the danger aside and slapped the saddle on a nearby pig. The creature peered its derped, beady eyes at her and watched her every move. She thought that was really weird as the pig had a staring contest with her. It seemed like hours when Rainbow walked closer to the pig. The pig suddenly sniffed the air, and started walking to Rainbow's bag. She opened it up as the pig started to spin in a circle. It stopped and sniffed the air again. Rainbow decided the pig must have smelled something in her bag, and started pulling blocks and items out. The pig didn't react to anything she put out. She looked in her saddlebags again and saw three carrots in there. 'They must have been pulled out with the saddle.' Rainbow thought. She pulled out one carrot and the pig started following it. She got an idea, and jumped on the pig to try her plan.

Rainbow was sitting on the pig with a carrot in her wing, trying to get the pig to follow it. She threw it on the ground, but it just floated there with the pig not even noticing. "Why aren't you moving you dumb pig?!" Rainbow yelled in frustration. She finally remembered though, that if you stick a carrot in front of it, the pig will follow you. She picked up her carrot and dangled it in front of the pig. It moved forward a bit, but quickly caught on to what was happening and just reached its head to try and eat the carrot. Realizing that she may need to make the carrot go out farther, Rainbow took out anything that could make the carrot go farther away. She reached her fishing rod and stuck the carrot on the end. She put it in front of the pig, and her idea worked! The pig couldn't reach the carrot and was just following it around. Feeling proud of herself, Rainbow ran the pig up the mountain to see the land they were living in.

After countless jumps, Rainbow finally made it up the highest mountain on a pig. She watched the sun reach the peak of noon and the house that she and her friends lived in. Feeling a little adventurous, Rainbow decided going downhill really fast on a pig would be fun. She turned back the way she came and ran the pig down the mountain. She heard the wind in her ears matching up with the panicked squeals of the pig. After she fell about ten blocks, a loud ding was heard. Not understanding why this was an Achievement, Rainbow sat on her injured pig as she healed. Soon she got off the pig and penned it to where it landed. She flew off to tell her friends about the strange feat.

-------------

Twilight was holding the shears with her magic while listening to Fluttershy tell her about being very careful with the sheep. After her friend finished, she walked over to the sheep and carefully clipped at it's soft wool. After making one snap with the shears, all the wool fell off and two floating white blocks appeared on the ground. Twilight picked them up and moved onto the next sheep. It was slightly darker than the previous one, and dropped three blocks of light grey wool on the ground. She moved on to each and every sheep to shear them of their wool. In the end she had more than enough wool to make beds for everypony. She collected white, brown, light grey, dark grey, black, and pink wool to use. Fluttershy coaxed the sheep to eat some grass to make them grow their wool back while Twilight happily jumped inside.

While indoors, Twilight gathered the wool and wood used for the beds. She crafted seven of them so all of them could sleep on something comfortable. Twilight headed upstairs and placed all seven beds in a straight row along the side of the room. She felt happier than ever now that she helped her friends with sleeping. She walked back downstairs and out the door when she saw a blue blur fly past her, and slam into a tree. Twilight looked where it landed and saw a dazed Rainbow Dash on the ground. "Are you okay Rainbow?" She asked her friend. Then, to her surprise, Rainbow jumped up and started yelling something about a pig, a mountain, and an Achievement. She suddenly felt Rainbow dragging her by the tail toward the rest of her friends. When the dragging finally stopped, Twilight saw all her friends looking at them like they were crazy. Applejack demanded to know what was going on, and Rainbow explained her recent adventure.

After Rainbow explained everything, Twilight didn't get it. How could something like riding a pig off a cliff get you farther in this world? She pushed her thoughts aside as Rainbow led them to her pig. Twilight levitated the pig out of the pen and brought it to the top of the mountain. Her friends followed, and Rainbow showed them all where to travel so they didn't die. Spike told Twilight it probably wasn't safe for a small creature such as him to do this, and she agreed to him not riding the pig. Rainbow gave Pinkie her carrot on a stick so she could go first. Twilight watched Pinkie jump on the pig and practicaly flying down the side of the mountain. She watched Pinkie fall to the bottom, and heard a ding sound coming from her friend. She ran to the bottom and levitated the pig back up. The next pony to try was Applejack, and she was already going by the time she got on. Twilight got to the bottom just as Applejack got the Achievement. The cycle continued with Twilight, Fluttershy, and Rarity jumping off the mountain on a pig in that order. It was sunset by the time Rarity finished her jump, and the pig wasn't doing so well. As the ponies and Spike traveled back to the house, Fluttershy coaxed the pig to come with and live a nice life with them.

They all arrived back home safe and sound. Fluttershy brought her new friend to the pen before Twilight led them all inside. She showed them the beds she created, and told them how to do it in case of an emergancy. Soon all of her friends got themselves ready and jumped into bed. As soon as Twilight hit the covers, she fell asleep. All of them dreamed of Equestria, and how they really needed to get back home.

Author's Note:

Authors Notes: This story only took 2 hours. New record. I'm kind of stressed because of how my second story is doing, My Little NinjaGo. It's fairly new, but people are barely paying any attention to it. I hope I get back on track, and hopefully any story I write from now on ends up like this sucessful piece of work. I'm still happy for any support I am given, and thanks for taking the time to hear my endless ranting.