• Published 19th Sep 2012
  • 6,749 Views, 284 Comments

Homeworld: Equestria - hiigaran



Finding himself in an uncharted system, the Captain of a military vessel ends up on a strange planet

  • ...
10
 284
 6,749

13: Liir's Transmission

“Data transferred. For your sake, pray that this connection is as secure as you claim it is.”

“Hah! You do realise our cruisers are basically made out of Hiigaran ships, right? Unless of course, your ‘technological superiority’ isn’t as impressive as your people make it out to be.”

“Shut it. You want this job, or do I have to find myself another clan?”

“You seem to forget we could simply let your superiors know of what you have requested from us.”

“And you seem to forget my fleet could incinerate yours in mere seconds. That is, if you can even call yourselves a fleet. All I see are junk parts with engines.”

“Ahh, but the keyword there is ‘could’! Would you really risk everything, given that there is a chance even one of us could just slip into hyperspace? That’s right, I thought not. So let’s make things interesting. You have the demand, and we are the only ones with the supply, meaning we control the price here! We want two of those hyperspace cores, in addition to the original payment!”

“Our experimental hyperspace inhibitor should be payment enough! I will give you several of our latest Hiigaran-made cores, but the ancient cores are non-negotiable. You deliver all six to us. I can give you another five percent of the galaxy.”

“Ten percent.”

“Seven. Take it or leave it.”

“Very well, you have a deal. My men should be ready within four standard days. Plenty of time before the ‘secret’ meeting. Your Admirals should also meet their untimely demises shortly after, leaving you in the clear, Captain future-Fleet-Command Paktu. What of the other vessels with Sajuuk, though?”

“As long as your primary target is taken care of, and the cores are handed over to me, I don’t care what you do to the others. Destroy them, capture them, dismantle them, whatever. ”

“Aww, you don’t want to have a little fun with that Soban guy? I can tell you just absolutely adore him! Why not capture him and make him watch his favourite new planet burn?”

“What the hell do you think I look like to you? The overlord who gloats and derives pleasure from tormenting his adversaries? I neither care, nor have the time for such pointless endeavours. Just do your job quickly, and efficiently, you got that? And if you so much as think of double-crossing me, I’ll see to it that you watch your own planet burn. It’s amazing just how violently a single atmospheric-deprivation missile can react with oxygen.”

“Little hypocritical, don’t you think?”

“Burning that planet of rainbow animals is a waste of time and resources. The threat of burning yours should keep you in line, and so it would serve a purpose.”

“Alright, alright! My, don’t you have a sand crawler up your ass.”

“Keep pushing me, and you’ll have several armour-piercing rounds up yours. Now get out of my sight!”