• Published 19th Sep 2012
  • 10,919 Views, 368 Comments

Twilight Sparkle: Patient #107497 - Twilicorn



Twilight didn't have any friends until Ponyville. Because she moved to Ponyville, right?

  • ...
39
 368
 10,919

Studies

Twilight smiled, then looked around the ponies seated awkwardly in front of her. Who's going first? she asked in a sing-song voice. Her mind remained awkwardly silent, until Pinkie spoke up with a falsely cheery voice.

I'll do it! she exclaimed mentally, and Twilight shot her a thankful look.

If you'll just put your forehooves here, and wear this hat, and put this on your tongue, and your face, and your tail, and... that's it! Twilight gave a broad, desparing smile, then began to speak aloud.

"Girls, please leave the room for now. I need to speak out loud to Pinkie." Her voice echoed in her head six times, but the others left, leaving Twilight and Pinkie alone. "Now Pinkie. I want you to tell me everything you can remember, from the rainbow. Preferably before it, maybe after. What can you remember? Say it aloud," she added with a small wince as her voice echoed twice.

"All I remember is that I lived on a rock farm, and was really sad. Then I saw the rainbow, and I was so... so happy. It felt like I was alive, if you know what I mean. Really, truly, abso-positutely alive!"

Twilight was scrawling rapidly across the page, until she realized the quill was writing for itself. With a small blush, she let it work. "The rainbow... brought you to life?" she asked, hoping to clarify.

"It did! Before that, everything was sad, but you made it happy!" Twilght nodded, then quickly teleported a few hooves away. This time, her friends were ready and landed squarely on their hooves.

"Girls, this time I'd like to work with Rainbow Dash or Rarity. Which one?" The two mares shot each other looks, as if saying it was the others' turn, but finally Rarity stepped forward. "The rest of you, please leave," said Twilight, with no regard to manners. Pinkie squeezed her hooves out of their hold, and Rarity trotted nervously over.

"Twilight, dear, what ever is the matter?"

"I think you all are imaginary friends, but what's more... you all keep mentioning a rainbow. I... I can remember a rainbow," she said quietly, caught in thought. "Anyways, just fit those to comfort and I'll ask a few questions."

Rarity complied, sliding her hooves in, and began to speak. "I know what you'll ask, so I'll just begin. No, I cannot remember anything prior to the rainbow besides what I told the Cutie Mark Crusaders a bit ago. The rainbow... brought me to life," she said dreamily, and Twilight rolled her eyes, but nodded.

"So... you'd say the rainbow pulled you out of something?"

"Precisely, dear! I can barely remember a strange room, talking to a young filly not too different from you, and everything being grey. When the rainbow came, everything changed. You came to Ponyville, and I did as well. I was born here, of course," she added quickly, "but I had never felt like I was truly here."

"Thank you then," said Twilight, letting Rarity leave. She approached the machine, which held two small vials of what should have been blood. Instead, a painfully bright light reflected through the prism-vials. Twilight hastened to open the lid of the vial, but inside was an ugly mixture of brown. She turned her gaze to the vial, and white shone instead.

She turned away, then looked back. The same properties applied. With a dramatically long inhale, she let out a small string of curses, then teleported her friends in. Ignoring the unavoidable echo, she spoke.

"Girls, I believe you are made of rainbow."

~*~*~

Princess Celestia had dozed off again, remembering little things, when she saw her student's eyelids flutter. She was on her hooves in mere moments, leaning over her student as if she were a gold-miner who had just found a literal river. Twilight was moving. On her own.

Princess Celestia fell back to her haunches, staring almost blankly at the student, as she began to remember once again.

~*~*~

When Twilight had first slipped into her coma, her family had been there constantly. I've mentioned that. She had only been in a lighter coma; still an astonishingly deep one, but a lighter coma than she had been in two years ago. She would move, mumble, and her horn flared occasionally. Then her family stopped coming, and she fell apart.

It was almost as if she could tell who was there. When I was around, she seemed to straighten up, act as composed as one could in a coma. When Luna was around, she almost flinched, but not as if she were truly afraid. When her family was around though... it brought her to life. She'd be relaxed, nodding, gentle movements or mumblings. She could have stepped out of it, she was so close. Until those damned idiots stopped coming. I'm determined to get them back for that.

Someday, she'd make sure they were around. Possibly the day she attacked them, or threw them in the dungeons for all long eternity.

~*~*~

Princess Celestia looked down at her student, whose state seemed closer to when she had first slipped in than ever. With a small sigh of relief, she looked around the room for the millionth time. Her eyes became fixed to the window, where a flyer fluttered down. She was tempted to ignore it, but instead used her magic to lift it.

Wonderbolts in Canterlot!
Image
Featuring Rainbow Dash, Spitfire, Soarin', Misty, and More~!
**Costumes designed by Sapphire Shores
Jewelry designed by Rarity, with assistance
from Pinkamena Pie**

Celestia let it flutter tiredly to the ground, turning back towards her student. "I know you'll be okay. You are my student, and I never take on quitters or losers."

Author's Note:

Anyone who says this is short will have their head cut off. I'm really excited to get to the next few chapters, since this'll be wrapped up soon. I'm trying to lengthen the chapters, but I promise the last one will be a doozy!

Comments ( 47 )

Why is this so short? :rainbowhuh:

:P Messin with ya. Great writing, looking forward to seeing what happens next.

*twitch twitch* No, it's not short at all *twitch* It's not like a prefer to look for fanfics with chapters that have over 1,000 words actually relating to the story. *twitch twitch, twitch* It's not like I hate that this is 125 words short of being 1,000 words. *twitches then backs away into shadows, with a slightly nervous maniacal laugh*

Love the concept. Props to you! Though this may be shorter than most fics I've read (EoP and BP with their 25K word chapters), this is easily one of my favorites.

If I may say so, I think it would be a good idea to note who is speaking at the moment. It's implied, but it can be a bit confusing.

Keep the faith Celestia! Twilight is almost home :heart:

Zarek #5 · Jan 23rd, 2013 · · 1 ·

It seems a bit short...

Just messing with you. Good to see you again.:pinkiehappy:

Okay I am confused at the ending if this. Is twilight awake now, where did that flyer come from, are the girls just twilight sparkle emotions (split personalities) or are they just figments of her imagination that developed to help her cope with her trama

I can't figure out to reply to comments from my iPhone so sorry to double posting. Another question I have is what happened to golden spoon and platinum tiara?

2006196
Unless my computer didn't save properly, this is 1002 words.

2006359
See those ~*~*~? They imply switching between three views.
1. Narrator in Twilight's Coma, where she thinks she's with the other Mane 6.
2. Narrator in "The Real World" watching Celestia.
3. Celestia remembering things.

My best guess is that coma Twilight is a figment of Celestias imagination while she's in a coma :pinkiegasp: Keep up the excellent work, can't wait to see how this ends :twilightsmile:

THIS IS TOO SHOR-
*decapped*

2006402
That'd be so confusing~

I will admit that they're rather short, but I'm not complaining. (Not yet...)

Also, how does one come to the conclusion that their friends are made out of rainbow? :rainbowderp:

I mean seriously, Twilight, WTF? :twilightoops:

I'm enjoying the story, but are we going to be getting only about 1,000 words every 2 months? :fluttershysad:

TASTE THE RAINBOW

2006737 This pleases me:pinkiehappy: You shall live... for now:pinkiecrazy:

Yay update!
Liquid rainbow imaginary friends, now that's something you don't see every day.
:twilightsmile:

I'm wondering if the five 'imaginary' mane characters are magical 'snapshots' of them at the moment of the Rainboom, which are in Twilight's head and keeping her sane and relatively stable as her mind tries to repair itself. Furthermore, they seem to be completely self-aware and separate from her psyche Does that make her MPD? If she recovers, will they remain with her? What will the real Rainbow, Fluttershy, Rarity, AJ and Pinkie think of their magical 'echoes' the mind of the Princess's student?

Huh. I wonder why this is such a short chapter?
You know you were asking for it right?

Good job as always, length notwithstanding.

Great chapter! I like how this seems to be playing out. The only problems I have are mechanical issues. Mainly, when Celestia is brooding, you switch from 1st person to 3rd person, unless you were making narrators comments. Those wouldn't exactly fit with the style of the story.

Not that big a chapter but If its a preparation for something then its ok with me.

2006583
If you mix all the colors of the rainbow, they become brown. Through a prism, they become the brightest white. Twilight, being excessively intelligent, made that connection.

2006897
As depressed as I am that this will never again hit the featured box, I'll continue it for people like you.

EVERYONE: There'll be one or two chapters more, and a sequel.

great chapter! a little spread out on the updates i guess, but i can wait.:pinkiehappy:

Cut my head off...
NAOW!
just jking

:pinkiesad2: Looks like both Rarity and Rainbow get their dreams if Twilight doesn't come. And also, why did Twilight imagine real ponies?

2019848

It appears that in the real world, her friends are celebrities. It would be like having Oprah and Tara Strong as imaginary friends in our world.

2024960

For lands sakes people, I'm going to ruin the entire series and kill all these rumors now.

MLP:FIM universe, or what we'll call "Universe I" is the universe WE WATCH ON TV and the one Twilight is in IN HER COMA.

Twilight Sparkle is actually in Universe A, where she lays in a hospital bed and is watched over by Princess Celestia.

Clear so far? Good.

Now, if she were to wake up, she'd be in Universe A. She built an entire life THE ONE WE SEE ON TV within her mind. In Universe A, while she is still the Princess' student, her friends are very different.

Pinkie and Rarity are both jewelers, though Pinkie works for Rarity. Rainbow Dash is a Wonderbolt. Fluttershy miserably runs the Weather Station in Cloudsdale, and Applejack runs the accounting as an uptight snob in Ponyville. They all have the same cutie marks and what not, but live completely different lives than the ones we see ON TV and the ones TWILIGHT MET IN HER COMA.

Clear?

2026031 can you explain one more time?

I need more of this story excluding all the awesome things about this story and the author, simply because of the unique idea behind this story.

I like the story, and don't care about how long it is. :pinkiehappy:

How refreshing was that? :raritywink:

2026031 so....... It's one big mindfuck?

This is short
Trololol

Anyways, I'm really liking it so far. I'm confused as to who's talking sometimes, but I still like it.

2010243 Actually, mixing all of the colors only makes brown when you're talking pigments, like paint sets. Mixing the "colors of the rainbow" as in, the visible spectrum of light, will make white. Hence, pass white light through a prism, and you get the rainbow. Pass it through another prism in reverse, the rainbow mixes back into white. :twistnerd:

I'VE BLINDED YOU WITH SCIENCE!!! :pinkiecrazy:

2058633
AUGH! Me eyes :raritycry:

Short, this is. Hmmmm?

Dead? I really hope not :pinkiesad2:

so how's that hiatus comin' along?

2758462
Rather well, thank you.

So I'm assuming this story is dead

This appears to be abandoned or put on eternal hiatus, but whatever. It's pretty interesting and I enjoyed reading it.

Here's to hoping it turns out to be alive one day.

I shall favorite this because it is too good for a Twilight Sparkle fimfic. :twilightsmile:

I really like this story hope to read more soon

Nooooo! I need more!!!!:raritycry:

Sorry for bugging you but do you know when you might be updateing this story?

Please get back to this? Please? :fluttershysad:

Hello?
So many stories never to be finished on this site..

RIP story. We will always hold you in our hearts. :fluttercry:

Login or register to comment