• Published 9th Sep 2012
  • 7,068 Views, 2,699 Comments

Pony POV Series Season Six: Dark World/Shining Armor - Alex Warlorn



Twilight tries to remember herself after 1K years of chaos/Shining Armor awakes on his promotion day

  • ...
34
 2,699
 7,068

PreviousChapters Next
Special Episode Nightmare World (Applejack) Broken Mirror

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Nightmare Mirror looked out her window, she saw in Pony-City-Canterlot (the two having merged together several centuries back), seeing the celebration of the anniversary of Daring Do's first printing, the series of adventure novels having maintained a cult classic status even if few ever actually read the books anymore, and preferred the comics and made for TV cartoons.

She opened her wings wide and let all the world reflect upon her. She felt it. Deception and manipulation had completely vanished not just from ponies' psyches, but from their very souls. The idea being not only unthinkable, but as incomprehensible as the racial hatred of the three tribes had been for modern Equestrians in the days of her youth.

After all, hadn't she crushed Nightmare Whisper, the Kindest of Lies? Hadn't she completely stamped out the goddess of deceit? Hadn't truth triumphed over falsehood?

Her work was complete.

She let herself smile for a few seconds. Then sighed.

"Only one thing left to do." She then called out through her mirrors. "Minty Pie."

"Yes Yer, Ah mean, yes Auntie?" The little pony came in, ready to serve, ready to help.

Nightmare Mirror took the hat cowpony hat off her head and gave it to the green pony. "Please give this to Apple Pie, with my blessing, tell her it's hers. And please take the rest of the day off."

"W-w-what?! Auntie! But it's ... it's YER HAT!"

"No. It's Apple Pie's hat now. And before that, it was mah Pa's. Please take it to her. Tell'er it's a birthday gift. She ain't no filly no more when she wears it, she's a mare."

"Ah know that'll make 'er very happy to hear Auntie! But, are ya sure?"

"Absolutely sure." She nuzzled her. "Now git."

Minty Pie stopped herself from bowing and galloped out with the keepsake.

Nightmare Mirror make sure she was safely out of the tower before turning her attention outwards.

She spoke through her mirrors, to every pony in Equestria, young and old.

"Attention ya all ponies of Equestria and everywhere! And all ya other folk too out there! The Nightmare of Truth Speaks! Long have Ah worked to cleanse the hearts and minds of every pony alive of deception and usin' the truth to her own means. Ah'm happy ta say, yer free. Lies' grasp is gone from ya. The road ahead won't be easy, not at all. But Ah believe in ya. And that ain't no lie. But for now, right now, there's something mighty important ya all gotta do!

"There is a criminal in Equestria, worse than any other since Discord! They have brought pain and unhappiness to countless innocent ponies to establish themself. And this here monster must be made to face justice. This criminal's name, is Nightmare Mirror! Also known as the Cruelst of Truths! Also known once as Applejack! And Abigail Jacqueline Apple The Fifth Of the Fifth line! And once the Element of Honesty!"
+++

"Sister you heard?" Princess Luna asked teleporting into Princess Celestia's throne room.

"Yes Luna."

"How can this be?"

"How could it not be? She is the Nightmare of truth. It was forever the only conclusion."

+++
"This vile criminal, this monster, has imposed her will upon innocent ponies for centuries, and irrevocably changing their free-will to suit how she believes it should be! The very idea of what it means to BE a pony has been rewritten because of her meddling! She is selfish and cowardly beyond all reason! She must be shown no mercy! She is a hypocritical nag who has tried to hide from the truth that she was still the stubborn farm mare she has always been even as she has forced all others to face the reality of the world and the reality of themselves.

"She must be brought down, dead or alive. Either stripped of all her power and prestige, and made to face justice for her many crimes against free-will, ponykind, and the world. Or eliminated and obliterated so none may take up her belief that forcing their will upon others is justified ever again! Or simply both in whichever order is most effective. She must not be remembered as a martyr or a hero! She is a criminal and must be removed from power!

"Her good intentions, nor her grief at her actions excuse or pardon them in the slightest! And it is an insult to those she has trampled on to think so otherwise! This filth must not be granted pity or compassion!

Do not let 'er escape with her ideas to another world for her to corrupt! This must end here and now! This Is Truth!"

The Apple clan looked up at the tower in horror and dismay.

Nightmare Mirror deactivated all the tower's defenses with a thought.

She saw the herd of pegasi headed for the top of the tower, led by the other Alicorns.

She allowed herself a small sigh, and removed her barding, tossing it aside. Was it more proper to stand or sit down? Maybe standing made her more cooperative.

She wasn't able to keep the relief out of her voice as the army of Royal Guards and Alicorns descended around her. "At long last it's over."

PreviousChapters Next