• Published 21st Dec 2011
  • 4,004 Views, 41 Comments

Pony EVE - Vashar23



EVE crossover. Hooved heroes will travel a galaxy of dangers, intrigue and boring pirate plexes

  • ...
2
 41
 4,004

Chapter 1: The Birth of the Gods

Pony EVE

Chapter 1: The Birth of the Gods
"Be bold Pilot"

In the first recorded years of the Forgotten Age ponykind went to colonize the solar system of Equus. The gift of the cosmos was shared amongst their various allies, like the griffins, the zebras and even some of the dragons, opening a whole new chapter of interspecies collaboration and unity. After a long age of tecnological and magical advancement the Warp tecnology was finally deployed, thus opening the entire galaxy to the space settlers.
However, space is indeed a VAST place. So many colonies scattered and a governing body spreaded too thin too fast, not to mention the inescapable racial differences, led to competition and fighting over available resources as it did on Equestria in an even more ancient time. Still, all that changed with the discovery of a natural wormhole leading to an unexplored galaxy.
Suddenly the possibilities had been doubled. The promise of new virgin system ripe with resources, both needed and undocumented, brought racial groups and megacorporations to a new alliance. They quickly begun colonization of the new systems, founding several hundreds small colonies to exploit their treasures. Because it gave the Equestrian Empire new stability and harmony the galaxy was called "New Eden".
To facilitate passage of the wormhole a massive gate was built around it, bearing the word "EVE" and the promise of an everlasting dream.

***

Twilight Sparkle lifted her head from the datapad and looked out of the great window of the hall.

It offered a majestic view of the Amarr solar system, the nexus of the Empire. The stars of the Throne Worlds constellation were the brightest of course, the sun of the system was a K5 type, projecting its orange sheen over the nebulae, cosmic void and the planet Oris nearby. Dozens, maybe hundreds of ships were flying outside, constantly docking and departing from the mastodontic station she was now in. Twilight have studied every kind of Amarr spacecraft and could recognize a small fleet of Imperial Apocalypse battleships led by a Prophecy and with a few Sentinels and Guardians in their midst, a formation of Navy Slicers made an elegant turn disappearing from sight, one of those fascinating tech 3 cruisers, a Legion, was flying solo.

But the majority of ships were of the industrial type. Sigils, Bestowers, Providences, even some Impels for the most precious and magical materials. All of them were serving this station, bringing modules and components for the construction of a single vessel.

Suddenly she heard hoofsteps approaching the door, when it opened a flock of unicorns, imperial guards and long robed priests, stormed in, positioning at the sides of the entrance and bowing for the pony they were diligently escorting.

Twilight jumped down from the couch end bowed deeply to the approaching figure of Empress Celestia, the immortal alicorn ruler of the Amarr Empire. She wore her traditional gold regalia and white vests with sun emblems. Her colorful mane and tail waving in a inexistent wind.

Her stern expression brighten upon seeing her beloved protege "Rise lady Eos."

"Your Highness, I was waiting for your arrival. My tests have been completed and I'm ready for..." But was interrupted by a gold plated hoof on her lips

"Why so hasty lady Eos. Its been a fairly long time since our last meeting and I'm eager to spend some time with you. Now, I think I gave you permission to rise from the cold floor hmn?"

Twilight blushed slightly as she stood up "F-forgive me, I'm a little nervous about my pilgrimage."

Celestia nodded and smiled sympathetically "An understendable reaction, you will die after all."

Twilight gulped and bowed her head "I'm not afraid."

"Hu-hu" Calestia moved next to the couch and noticed the datapad "What were you reading"

Twilight levitated the device with her magic and stored it in the saddlebags of her satin dress "An Overview of the History of Eden your Highness. I wanted to refresh my memory on how the galaxy came to be as it is now."

Celestia smiled again "You surprise me, that is a fairly superficial text covering the more general guidelines and without even illustrating the recorded, and often contradictory, proves of its statements."

Twilight blushed and averted the Empress gaze again "I don't n-need a lot of readings on this subject, it is sufficient for making me recall the various details. But if you think that I should focus on certified texts then..." But was interrupted again by a gentle hoof on her chin

"My dear Eos, you really should get out of the imperial library more, mingle with the aristocracy, making some friends. Besides," Celestia turn her eyes on the window and the fleets outside, murmuring softly "'certified' texts will only mumble about religious nonsense."

Twilight flipped her hears "Excuse me your Highness?" But Celestia ignored her an trotted closer to the large opening, looking at a point on the upper left of the space outside, Twilight followed Her and looked. There, near the uppermost section of the golden station, a great assembly line was working on building one of the most massive ships to have ever soared the stars of Eden, an Avatar Titan.

As a spaceship its size was almost unbelievable, it dwarfed even the Aeon supercarrier and it could host the most efficient logistics and fleet boosters, not to mention the most powerful weapon know in the Empire, the Sun Judgement "That, of course, was named after me and my holy Father." said Celestia.

"Wh-what? I was only thinking that, how..." But Celestia only loocked at her shocked protege and smiled softly. Twilight remembered some rumors about Celestia developing a telepathic ability strong enough to let her communicate even at the farthest reaches of lawless space, but they were far too exaggerated. She smiled at her mentor "Well, of course Empress. You are the most powerful, most wise and beatiful creature in Eden. It was only natural that the Empire designed his greatest weapon on the image of the daughter of the Sun God."

Celestia smile widened, but it vanished as she return to look at the Titan above them. True, the media had described the Avatar as the living embodiment of the power of Celestia, the 'Sun Daughter'. The front of the ship was sculptured as a flaming sun, on its center golden and blackened plates showed the stylized visage of a unicorn pony, the sides of the behemoth vaguely resembling folded wings. Yet, Celestia knew that everytime her subjects cast their awed gazes upon this vessel they could see only the might of the amarrian Sun God and his righteous fury on the enemies of the empire. To win their hearts she led the amarr people with an equal might, secretly and slowly seeping ideas of tolerance and harmony while she was forced by the high hierocracy to move war and enslave other civilizations. Political intrigue was hard, slow and truly frustrating. If it would not have been for the Jovians and the Gallente she couldn't have ever taken full control over the empire. Some of the boldest youngs were starting to refer to it as the Celestian Empire and the relations with the other space nations were smooth. A good start.

She return to face her protege "Is it true what I heard? That you want to flight a Titan?"

Twilight blushed again and smiled embarrassed "It... was just a silly fantasy your Highness. I wish to develop both my skills at space flight and magic to achieve the most possible results, but I don't think that even I can reach THAT level. Well, it would be interesting to try, but I'm sure that you're the only being capable of piloting a Titan by yourself."

"Is it so? Well then, maybe we should start heading to the hangars while we talk, yes?" Celestia nodded to her guards and cohorts who set to escort the empress and her proteje to their destination.

On the way to the hangar bay Twilight and Celestia keep talking about Twilight achievements at the Imperial Academy and she shared her viewpoint on the Arek'Jaalan Project research on the Takmahl Centrifugal Primer (of which Celestia couldn't care less). The purple unicorn listened enraptured as the empress described her last meeting with her long lost sister, President Luna, about a new trade route of Quafe soft drinks between the Gallente Federation and the Empire.

Eventually they reached the hangars where Celestia chosen vassel for the space trip was waiting, an Abaddon battleship with a generous escort of Prophecy battlecruisers and Coercer destroyers. As they took off Twilight hoped to talk more to her mentor but Celestia was constantly assaulted by holocalls of advisors, priests and the occasional slaver tycoon, giving the current status of the planetside reigns, advising about political relations, warning of slave rebellions and suggesting how to show the might of the Amarrs to all the infidels. To her dismay Twilight had to return to her reading for most of the time.

***

However the promised dream came crumbling upon itself. After not even a century the EVE wormhole collapsed, destroying the Gate and severing the colonies from their homeworlds. Legends say that Holy Celestia of the Sun and Her sister, Luna of the Moon, were supervising the colonies at the time. The alicorn sisters never confirmed nor denied these rumors.
In the chaos and fear that followed they tried to led and confort their people, but something happened to Luna. Maybe it was her own fear and anguish or an outside force, but she rose to challenge Her sister. The following brutal battle crippled definitely the colonies and Celestia and Luna went lost.

Thus begun the Dark Age, a long and painful period were ponies, zebras, griffins, diamond dogs and dragons struggled in separate worlds, slowly losing knowledge of their origins and of each other. Of this age are commonly dated the relics of the ancient space faring cultures, the Talocan, the Takmahl and the Yan Jung. It is believed that the Sleeper Drones, sentient and deadly spacecrafts from wormhole space, are remnants of another race that belonged to this period.

First recorded civilization starts again on four different planets: Caldari Prime, home to earth ponies and diamond dogs, both industrious and power hungry; Amarr Prime, with the coronation of the first emperor of the Amarr Empire, a glorious reign of both the noble unicorns and dragons; Matar, where the tribes of earth ponies, pegasi, zebras and griffons started to amalgamate into a single culture; Gallente Prime, a late bloomer but the newfound harmony between unicorn and pegasi led to a quick cultural and technological progress.
The first of them to reclaim space and warp technology were the Amarrs. They rebuilded the first jumpgate, marking this as the Age of Expansion, and started a crusade of conquest in the name of their Sun God. They would have been followed by the Minmatars but the Amarrs found them first and enslaved them. It is at this point when the body of Celestia is found, trapped in stasis and with few memories of the Forgotten Age. The Amarr described (and believed) her presence as the Sun God sending them his own daughter to strike at the last of the Minmatar resistance and serve as the empire champion to a new era of victories.
Shortly after Matar had been completely enslaved the Gallente rediscovered warp technology as well and made first contact with the Caldari. Toghether they restored a jumpgate, sparking a period of expansion which mostly benefited the Gallente. Discontent and resentment started developing in the Caldari and when the Federation was formed they were forced to join. In their exploration the Gallente were approached by the elusive Jove Directorate, another space faring pony empire whose members are heavily mutated by implants and genetic engineering. They presented the Federation with the revived alicorn Luna, founded in space like Celestia, who quickly became its new immortal, and most frequently re-elected, president.
Angered by the presence of Luna the Caldari seceded from the Federation to start the Gallente-Caldari war, shortly after the Jovians cut off contact with the Gallente. During the war the Amarr Empire made contact with the Federation, creating a culture shock over the discovery of another alicorn. After some initial contrast between the two factions Celestia and Luna signed a trade agreement, the reunion of the two sisters was celebrated with mixed feeling from both Amarr and Gallente. The Amarr later tried to move war to the Jovians but they proved more tecnologically superior and powerul than expected. With the empire crippled the Minmatar rebelled and went to form the Republic. Celestia, disappointed with the governing hierocracy, took full control over the empire to restore it, bringing new collaborations and innovations.
Even with the Gallente-Caldari war still going the various races finally joined together for creating new international offices like the police department CONCORD, to regulate trade traffic and relations, and the Interbus company, as delivery service and public transportation. The Jovian made themselves publicly know to the four nations, giving the first capsule to the Caldari.

***

-Ah yes,- Twilight thought -the first capsule, or 'the fish tank of horrors' as some texts describe it. Funny how it is now the single most wanted thing in the universe.- She opened a sub-window on the datapad for a description of the capsule: a hydrostatic space pod fitted with a warpdrive and a tank of ectoplasmic liquid. It was designed to sustain a single pony (or non-pony) and giving him the ability to mind-control an entire spaceship -If they could remain sane after the extensive neural wiring and induced coma that is.-

"Lady Eos, we have arrived." The white unicorn guard escorting her announced, they where in front of a door marked Clone Bay. Twilight put the datapad back in her saddlebags as the stallion wawed his horn in front of the magic scanner.

The door slided to its side revealing a long hall with dozens of tanks of a brown-yellow liquid, each of them sporting a floating unconscious unicorn or a lizard-like creature. One of said lizards, a purple one with green fins and wearing a brown and white navy suit, was outside the tanks and running towards them. It kneel in front of Twilight "Greetings lady Eos."

Twilight smiled and waved a hoof at the baby dragon "At ease Master Spike" Then she turned to the guard behind her "Please, leave us alone for a moment." The stallion respectfully bowed and left the room closing the door.

Spike rose from the floor and hugged Twilight "Is so good to see you Twi. Life in space can get pretty dull, and those robed douches are the stuarts of dull."

Twilight returned the hug "Come on Spike, you should show more credit to the priests. Their dedication to the empire is exemplar (as of course expected) and you wouldn't believe all the new spells they were able to teach me. The Capacitor-Magic-Inducer is the most commonly used of course, but there are interesting application of a long range Telekinetic Manipulator, and the Laser-Multi-Focus was..."

Spike rolled his eyes "Yeah, yeah, whatever, don't start lecturing me" Then casted a quick glance at the door "Isn't Celestia with you?"

Twilight let out a sigh "No, she had to remain in the station, a sudden diplomatic meeting. She IS the empress of the greatest empire in the galaxy after all. She said she will be on the mothership when I'll return fron the pilgrimage, you know, when I..." She let out a small shiver

Spike put a clawed hand gently on the side of her neck "Hey, relax. The first time is no big deal really. You just have to stay focused on the route and quickly avoid the rats on the way. It only sucks when some jackass pilot menage to pop you for scoring some cheap points on the lame board." Spike furrowed at the memory, he too tried to pass the pilgrimage but was ambushed by some empire-space outlaws. The common pirates, or 'rats' are easy enough to avoid near the gates, especially tanks to CONCORD's turrets, but independent pirates are always trickier.

Twilight smiled and patted his head "Don't worry Spike, you're still a great pilot. The recordings shows all the amazing maneuvers you displayed to counteract those ruffians, and with a underfitted frigate no less."

Spike blushed a little and puffed proudly his chest "Well, that's exactly why we dragons are the BEST capsuleers. Our inner fire makes the weapons hotter and the hull becomes as tough as our scales. Oh, that reminds me" he grabbed Twilight hoof and started to lead her among the vats "Your body is ready, it was completed a few hours ago."

---

Twilight narrowed her eyes as she stared at herself. The clone floating in the vat was mirroring her perfectly, but then again the cloning vats were designed for this specific purpose. It was a pale purple unicorn mare with a white and purple streaked mane mane and tail, a thin white outline in the shape of a big six-pointed star with three smaller stars around it.

The clones of capsuleers were empty shells, waiting to receive the mind and soul of the pilot in case his previous body was killed while still in a capsule, with ponies magic and cutiemarks passed on the active clone as well.

In the stretching of the term they were mindless souless lumps of meat, but as she stared at the lump of meat made in her form Twilight couldn't help but feeling slightly insulted. She was Lady Eos, personal protege of holy Empress Celestia, chosen for her unprecedented magical powers and talents, respected by that title by all the high hierocracy. She was supposed to be unique, a paragon of unicorns everywhere, and here there was another exactly like her, created by machines who could now be easily replicated. It was a stupid though of course, clones were vessels for the real pony and his magic, she would had been herself in a new body as much as she was in the old one. Because of her magical power the clone vat had to be agumented, clones made exploration of deep space ruins safe and she always dreamed of becoming nearly immortal as her mentor, but still...

Twilight line of thought was distracted by a sound of dropped boxes, Spike immediatetly snapped into a fighting stance in the direction of it "Who's there?" A pink form jumped from behind a vat and tried to make a run to the door, but the unicorn cached her quickly with her telekinetic floating her in front of them.

She was a young pink earth pony with pink straight mane and tail, her body had some old bruises and marked tattered rags covering her flanks showed she was a slave.

Spike growled menacingly, some puff of smoke escaping his nostrils "Identify yourself slave, now!"

The pink pony answered with a squeaky terrified voice "P-P-Pinkamena Diane Pie. I-I was assigned to c-clean the room. Please, I d-dindn't mean to eavesdrop, I..."

Spike flexed his claw "If that is all why did you try to escape?"

Pinkamena shivered "Th-this place is so creepy, it makes me so s-scared. They told me to work in silence s-so I couldn't laugh at all the creepy things in the jars so..."

Twilight raised an eyebrow "Wait, laugh?"

"Oh, y-yes milady" the floating earth pony waved her forelegs a little, feeling a bit relieved "See, my Granny Pie taught me that if something scares you have to giggle at it and the fear will go away. I always liked to laugh and I do it often, so usually the scary things leave me alone."

Twilight relaxed and released Pinkamena who promptly bowed her head, while Spike still had his gaze fixed on her "I see. Tell me, what is your lineage?"

"I'm a Minmatar milady."

"Do you know who I am?"

"Lady Eos, personal student of Empress Celestia."

"What are your other duties on this ship?"

"I am to arrange a welcome-back-from-the-pilgrimage party in your honor. Parties are my special talent you see." She lifted her rags revealing a cutiemark of three baloons.

Twilight blinked a bit surprised at such a talent, but she smiled an put a hoof on Spike's shoulder "She's good Spike, don't worry" The little dragon relaxed, the unicorn returned to Pinkamena "Empress Celestia herself will attend this party, it doesn't need to be sumptuous but you will show all the proper respect to Her Highness"

The earth pony bowed deeper "I will milady"

"Good, because I will begin my pilgrimage shortly and she will be here for my return."

Spike looked at his friend "So you're going now Twi?"

"Yes Spike, I've waited enough time." Twilight nuzzled the little dragon farewell and returned to Pinkamena before leaving the room "I like a lot the Andurian Cinnanom Rolls with whipped cream, think you can prepare some?"

The pink pony smiled but her mane seem to flatten more "Of course, cinnamon rolls are my specialty. Well my specialty are cupcakes, but as party planner I can make all kinds of sweets, so yeah, I can make a lot of them."

Twilight returned to the supercarrier hangars were her personal ship was waiting. It was a modestly fitted Punisher, one of the best Amarr tech one frigates on the market, a personal gift of the Empress. In order to fully become a capsuleer Twilight had to perform a pilgrimage to the New Eden system, trow herself in the ruins of the ancient EVE Gate and let the immense gravity field of the eternally collapsing wormhole rip her to shreds, the pilgrimage ship was specially rigged so her consciousness would have traveled back to her clone. It wasn't at all necessary and her current body had been already prepared to control a capsule, however it was a custom of the Amarrs for gaining the favor of the Sun God in their new life. Plus it was an opportunity to see the very birthplace of all civilization.

Twilight entered her ship and gave the destination to the computer. A flight in low-security space was usually uneventful for a quick and careful pilot, so she floated out her datapad and switched it to audio mode "Might as well finish my reading as I walk to my death."

***

The collaboration of the five nations brought new problems as well. Criminal syndicates started to form, the principal of which are the Angel Cartel, the Guristas and the Serpentis Corporation. More violent and deranged groups have also came to be like the Blood Raider Covenant.

When the Gallente-Caldari war finally ended the clone research was brought to attention. The modern Empyrean Age begins when the clone was successfully integrated with the Jovian capsule, and the capsuleers started to roam the heavens. Many of these new space pioneers have grouped together and moved to zero-security space, creating their own corporations and signing alliances. The borders map changes every month due to these factions battling for systems.
But as the scene pass to the capsuleers the five nations still maintain control over the core regions and invest on new research efforts and political intrigue. The Caldari-Gallente Crielere Project for example promised to bring the greatest scientific achievements in the history of Eden, but was quickly disbanded for its dealings with the Guristas. The Amarr Empire declared war on the Blood Raiders after their use of a modified Insorum as a genetic toxin on Mabnen I, exiling them to the Bleak Lands. Luna return once again to be president of the Federation by a narrow margin after the Caldari invaded Caldari Prime, returning their homeworld under the State control. An attempted assassination to Celestia is averted as the Elder Fleet disable CONCORD and attacks the Empire and the Ammatar Mandate, the war ends with the deployment of the Titan superweapon (it is presumed it was given to the empress by the Jovians). A new criminal faction, only known as the Nightmare's Nation, starts making brutal raids at the borders of the core regions.
A peculiar event of this period is the Rogue Drones Plague. An ingenious Gallentean inventor had the idea of creating super-advanced drones that could think and act on their own, essentially acting as computer controlled spaceships. The prototypes were encouraging and were developed bigger and bigger drones, but then disaster struck. Draconequus, the biggest drone created with bits of technology from all the nations, became unruly, then unmanageable. It linked with all the other drones infecting the A.I., taking control of the major drones and making them rebel. By attacking spacecrafts the rogue drones incorporated warp technology and spreaded in other systems, multiplying themselves by mining asteroids and infesting other ships. Drone superstructures have appeared in every corner of the galaxy and mobile hulk lairs go to wander in the systems, occasionally causing severe problem to the populations. Some drones have even started to manifest some form of chaos related mag...

***

Beep, beep, beep. Twilight hastily turned down the datapad as the alarm started flashing, somepony was locking her ship "What the hay!?!"

She had just come out of the warp bubble and was several miles away from her last jumpgate. From the wrecked remains of an Amarr cruiser a hidden spacecraft flew out to intercept her. It was a Dramiel frigate, an advanced capsuleer Angel Cartel ship, and it was reading its weapons.

Twilight tryed to stay calm and immediately flared her horn in the Magical Injector, sending a ECM pulse "This will slow his sensors. Okay, rule one of low security traveling: avoid engagements with bigger threats and use evasive warp."

The gate was too far to be reached in time and too close to warp to it, so Twilight turned to the nearby planet. Once warped she turned again to an asteroid belt "Rule number two: use multiple warps so the enemy will have more difficulties to track your location."

Once safe near the asteroids Twilight relaxed seeing there were no rats around to harass her "This is bad, with that pilot camped right next to the gate it will not be easy to pass trough, and I'm not equipped nor skilled enough to face a ship like that." She turned a screen on a map of the current system, calculating a possible approach "Let's see, he was on the route to the opposite gate, I could warp from the asteroids here... The Dramiel will be able to lock me but it had short range autocannons guns so... WHAT?!"

The Dramiel had already found her location and was slowing from warp, she had let her ship drift towards the asteroids so Twilight dived right into the field "Rule 8: if too near to an asteroid field fly through it using them as cover, it will confound your attacker giving you opportunity to escape."

Twilight was confident about traveling through asteroids. they followed common laws of gravity (except when filled with rare magnetic minerals) and her ship was fast and agile, plus only fools follow you in an asteroid field. Which was exactly what the Dramiel was doing.

"Hmm, he's a very good flyer, let's see if I can outsmart him" Twilight smirked and started some evasive maneuvers, diving rapidly to left and right, circling asteroids and making loops. But no matter what she did the Dramiel was still on her tail.

"Come on, don't you have anything better to do? I have to... What's going on now?" Suddenly she was losing speed, but her capacitor was still giving full force to the reactors "The hay... He's using a webber! He had me locked from the start, so why... He's TOYING with me! I'll have his flank..." But was interrupted as the ship trembled and flared alarms. The Dramiel had started firing and the shields were dropping fast.

Angry and nervous, Twilight tryed to came up with a plan "This Isn't working, What can I do to... Oh yes, let's try to bring the fight to a homeground."

Before departing she had bought a bookmark on the location of a deep space ruin, half a mind to give it a look if she got the time. Ruins weren't that uncommon but they required some effort to be located, with luck the Dramiel's pilot would not be able to follow her that easily.

Putting magic in the injector again she casted a shield recharger spell and gained some time to exit the cluster of asteroids, align the ship and escape.

After two warps Twilight arrived at her destination. It was a superstructure of some sort, probably an ancient Takmahl space station, carcasses of spacecrafts were floating around.

Biting her urge to stop for studying the ruin she activated the afterburner and directed the ship towards an opening "Rule 14: floating within a space ruin can easily conceal your presence. If I hide myself in there the pilot wont be able to locate me, after some time he will drop his pursuing and I can return to the pilgrimage." She noticed an interesting looking piece of scribbled space junk "A bit of a shame thought, this artifacts look amazing up close. Maybe I should take some time to... Oh you've got to be kidding me!"

The Dramiel had already founded her and was closing in "All right, change of plans. Rule 25: lure your pursuer into dangerous territory and try to trick him into a trap. This one would had been more useful if it made some example of setting traps in space ruins."

Once again they were locked into a chase. The afterburner was giving Twilight enough advantage so the pursuer couldn't use the webber, the guns were a problem however and in a superstructure there wasn't much cover.

"This guy must have set scan probes in the entire system!" Twilight winced as a lucky shot got her, the shield went down. She had taken the offensive as well, sending precise laser shots to the enemy guns, but that Dramiel was incredibly well fitted and resilient "Come on, there must be something I can use... Aha, that looks good."

She flared her horn and sent a telekinetic pull on a huge metal beam overhead. It tore from the structure making the passage collapse and blocking the way.

"Yes! Take that you annoying haysee..." Her moment of victory was cut short as the attacker made a quick acceleration and tore trough the debris, totally ignoring the damage to his ship.

Twilight gulped. She was sure now that this jerk was out specifically to hunt her down. Did some aristocrat paid him to make her fail the pilgrimage? It seemed that way, the nobles were angered that a commoner had become Celestia personal protege.

Well they would not have this satisfaction. She dived into a narrow passage, the ship gravity field making her Punisher slide trough the walls. The pursuer did not desisted and kept shooting at her, the armor started to collect bullet holes.

Twilight kept her focus. She was flying at maximum speed and had redirected all the capacitor to the afterburner. The ship was scraping the walls, adding more hull damage, but she had flew in the ruin long enough to have an idea of the its layout. She knew were she was going.... sort of.

The Dramiel was closing in, soon it will be in range to activate the webber and the game will be over.

Before that could have happened Twilight emerged in a larger section of the structure, the opposite side covered with wrecked ships and old fuel tanks. Twilight tried to steer, firing all her lasers at the tanks. With a loud explosion and a purple flash the passage was engulfed in flames.

The Dramiel emerged from the smoke, bruised and burned but mostly unscathed.

It waited for the smoke to clear. The ancient walls were blackened, the wrecks were reduced to small debris and part of the outer shell had collapsed. Twilight's Punisher was nowhere to be seen.

The Dramiel started to circumnavigate the area, looking for it's prey. It failed to notice a golden sheen flashing a moment from a small crevice in the structure.

Twilight was painting heavily. A second after the explosion she had teleported behind the wall and deactivated her ship completely. She only recently mastered teleportation and developed a way to applied it to the entire spacecraft, an extremely taxing feat, but she hoped it would work as a surprise for her pursuer. With a wheezing voice she menage to whisper "F-final rule of the book: If everything else fails just hide, play dead and hope the enemy doesn't find you."

The Dramiel made a cuple more loops in the blasted passage, then it passed over her spot as it left for searching other sections of the ruined station. Twilight noticed it had a crimson red mark on its sides, a minmatar-looking tribal drawing in the form of a eagle claw.

Twilight waited several moments before flaring her horn again. Her ship was in bad shape, the explosion had nearly tore down the exterior armor and parts the hull of the ship was exposed, and the capacitor nedded to be replenished before she would be able to fly again. Some repair spells will patch her up for a quick escape but she needed time and some preparations.

More time passed before the unicorn decided she had an opportunity. With a last flash of her horn she jump-started the ship, fired the lasers to tear away her hiding plase and made a run from the gaping hole in the walls.

Twilight noticed the Dramiel had caugh on and was trying to lock her, but it was too late. She already had started to warp to the gate and prepared her horn to give maximum strenght to the afterburner.

Before her pursuer could reach her she will be close enough to the gate to make a system jump, and she doubted the pilot would be willing to follow her to her next destination.

---

It was beautiful.

The New Eden system wasn't all that great. In truth it was the most bare system in the galaxy, a small white dwarf sun surrounded by asteroids and wrecks.

But in this system was the great EVE Gate. It was brighter than any star and it projected rays of iridescent light in the cold void. The Servant Sisters of EVE believed that behind the Gate was the realm of God itself, and Twilight was thinking that maybe they were right.

The orange glow of the Gate was sorrounded by a vortex of transparent clouds, throught it the light of the stars bent like they were ripples of water. That was the gravity field.

Twilight focused the ship optical sensors at the center of the Gate, the interferences made the screen blurry and disturbed but she could see something. They were sections a massive superstructure, even bigger than the one she had escape from, it resemble the common jumpgates and it beared the word EVE on its top.

"This is it then, the gateway through wich all our ancestors had arrived more than twenty millennia ago. By the Sun God, how I would like a piece of it." She couldn't owever, the gravity will have crusched her to a nanometer before she could even reach it. Se resort to do what all pilots do as they visited the Gate, she expelled a marked cargo container that will testify that she had been here.

Twilight turned off all sensors and safetyes, giving the autopilot a direct route to the center of the Gate. She had succesfully passed her pilgrimage and it had been pretty exciting too. Celestia and Spike will be proud of how she fooled that mercenary, and no doubt a noble somewere will be fuming with rage.

Perhaps she will request for the pink slave to pass under her care as her personal servant, she seemed like a nice mare and Twilight disliked when slaves were mistreated.

The hull started to groan as she continued to advance, it won't be long now. Twilight started to make a mental cecklist of all the skillbooks and implants she will have to buy for her planned skillpath. She wanted to start as an explorer and expert of all kinds of dead space and zero-security space artifacts, so she needed good scanning skills and a well fitted battleship.

Maybe she should add some drone support to be more safe. Learning is so exciting and she was the fastest learner to have ever come out of the imperial academy.

The ship was now deforming, alarms of structural breaches flashing everywhere. Twilight silenced them all, basking peacefully at the light of EVE. She return to think about the great Avatar Titan.

Could she one day become able to fly it? Her teacher suggested it once joking on her great abilities, but since then she dreamed about it. Being bigger than anything else in the galaxy, commanding an immense fleet in the name of the Empire, feeling the power of the sun itself coursing trough her, being almost a demigod like her beloved mentor forever.

As the magnetic force tore her ship and her body apart she promised herself that this will forever be her goal.