• Published 11th Mar 2012
  • 25,368 Views, 568 Comments

Trixie's Gettin' Back On Her Hooves - Shadow Raikou



Accidentally stumbling upon a homeless Trixie, Twilight must help her get back on her hooves.

  • ...
19
 568
 25,368

GBOYH- Bonus Story #2 and Sequel

It is time for the sequel, folks! Every story that is canon to this one now comes under 'GBOYHVerse'

What's GBOYH? Well, it stands for the DeviantArt name of this story, 'Getting Back On Your Hooves'.

Bonus Story #2 - Happy Mother's Day

Mother's day; a day we celebrate the ones who gave us life, who comforted us, cared for us, and loved us...but what is it like for the ones who lost theirs? What about the ponies who have lost their family? What does this special mean to them?

Sequel - GBOYHVerse: Magic Duel

In the episode Magic Duel, Trixie returned with the Alicorn Amulet to take her revenge on Ponyville and Twilight Sparkle...but what happened in a world where they're friends? And have been for a good while?
Trixie has been living in Ponyville for a good time since the defeat of her insane sister Checker Monarch. Life is going well for the blue mare. She's the mane cast's friend, she has a pet of her own, and she even has a house...sort of.
But when the Princess and some Delegates from Saddle Arabia are set to come to Ponyville with a show, things get a bit complicated...

All sequels and bonus stories- While the link would be posted here, they would be mostly written by Godzillawolf, who wrote most of the later chapters of this story, before he made an account.

Comments ( 32 )

SEQUEL?!

I'm there *races off like a bullet and goes to fave it like no tomorrow*

Now if only the audiobook were to finish I would be good

SEQUELS?! BUCK YEAH!

SEQUEL?! oh im so there!

SEQUEL?!

:pinkiegasp: Gasp!

:pinkiecrazy: Squee!

:yay: Yay.

Can't believe I didn't fav this story already.

3075979

This story came out before that was revealed and her last name was a plot point so we couldn't change it.

3113061

The latter is a bit closer to what we had in mind, but yeah, I see your point :pinkiehappy:

Zilla told me about this on a Minecraft server! Looks really good! :pinkiehappy:

I can't believe that this story just now was added to The Great and Not Obsessive Trixie, it basically defined most of the recurring themes and influences on a vast majority of the "Trixie comes back" fics.

3942062 The Trixie in this story is not obsessed with revenge, so I don't see the problem.

3944897
Sorry if I didn't express myself properly, I meant that amazes me how long it took for this story for being added to the group when it's so representative of the central idea of it.

3944950 Oh, that makes more sense. I only discovered it because of Bronycurious' review on Youtube.

I read this about two weeks ago. I have to say I loved it. It was great seeing Trixie work her way up from the bottom, and I especially liked how the mane 6 realized that they weren't entirely in the right with the events of Boast Busters.

I loved your careful attention to details as well. Now every time I see Trixie's cart crushed in Boast Busters, I can't help but feel sad knowing that she just lost all of her worldly possessions.

Thanks for the great story!

I have added this story to my new recommendation group here.

Read this a while but I stopped, glad I found it and now I can finish it.

This is awesome. Seriously, I loved this fic.

This was a nice story and I liked it a lot, but it could really use some editing and a bit of trimming. In particular, the climax was a bit more repetitive than seemed necessary. With some work, though, it could easily justify a recommendation.

This is officially my favorite Trixie Fimfic of all time. Brilliant, brilliant writing my friend.

I read this story before! It's super sweet and I loved the fuck out of it.

5465298 That will be explained later in the story. Rainbow has a REASON she's being so harsh on Trixie.

5830304 You know, sometimes Cuckoo's can be awesome:
This is a video.

Well done, your story has made it in the Goodfic Review Bin. Here's your review.
i.imgur.com/GizVyc0.png

6001781
6001781 i dont know why, i forgot why i did tho

7576846 hehe don't mind me, I'm allowed to enjoy a villain and still find her a pathetically small minded creature

Comment posted by King of Madness deleted May 24th, 2017

9505008
Dude, last time I checked, stink bombs usually wear off in about a day, pee is different. Also dude, watch your tone, just because you made a point that, admittedly, I didn’t think of, doesn’t mean you can act like a spoiled brat telling me that. I just wanted to say how having a prank be illegal is kinda stupid.

768270

888275
Hi there, remember me? I was the one who EP'd Checker on the Complete Monster cleanup thread. Anyway, might I ask if Checker is based on anyone in specific? I know you said she is based on real-life narcissistic sociopaths but is she is based on any specific narcissistic sociopaths. After all, she is a favorite villain of mine and it would be interesting to know if she was based on any real-life people in particular.

9590218
You know, there is such thing as magic. There is probably a spell to get rid of it.

9591308
Even magic has to obey rules. Also, get rid of what, exactly? Smell? Either "time retcon", which is not the best thing to do for several reason. First you need to specify how much of the room goes back in time. Second being how far back does it go exactly? And third - energy.

Or you can remove smell "chemically", by applying magic to contaminated area. Which still requires a unicorn to BE there, and CLEAN it, magically or "normally". Then there's problem of smelly air. Even if you cleaned a mess, you still need to vent the room.

Also, you may mean to conseal breaking and entering, or "magiking and entering". In both cases it's illegal. Mainly, well, it's privat property? Not sure of laws in US or any other country, but last time I checked, unless you have a warrant for searching of illegal items you couldn't do that here in Russia. And also, you were to only search for the items in question, you couldn't use the warrant for simply entering a room, and doing whatever you wanted.

10001970
Insanity without emotions is a lot quieter.

YOu know, coming back here, I felt something deep inside me.

The same thing I felt looking at Sweetie's Mansion and reading the end of Aftermath.

Specifically towards Checker Monarch.

Deep Hatred. That unabiding emotion where you want so badly to leap through the screen and make things right (and most likely throttle the target of your hatred at the same time.)

For Sweetie's Mansion it was Specter, mainly, though sometimes I wanted to throttle other characters for their stupidity. (Never Sweetie.)

For Aftermath, I wanted to choke Dr. Atmosphere for sweeping it under the rug, followed by reuniting the tribes the right way. (Specifically, either bomb the factory and round up the rest of the workers OR curse the workers of the Factory and then act as a living counter to the memory spell.)

OK. I'm gonna say it, this might just be my favorite story I've read so far on this site. Granted that's not saying much, I've not read that many yet since I only got into this show about half a year ago, but still. Wonderful redemption story for Trixie, even though she got an actual one on the actual show, but I realize this story was written before that happened.

Even though I'll admit I'm getting a little tired of the practice of just giving a villain a sob story if you want to make them sympathetic as it's became very popular lately. But seeing as Trixie was never that villainous in the first place - safe from the alicorn amulet incident - the upbringing you wrote for her works perfectly for the arrogant braggart she started out as on the show.

And I'll have to give you extra credit for the best OC villain I saw so far on this site in the form of Checkers. In my opinion, there are two ways of making a great villain character, either make them sympathetic or make the audience despise their freaking guts. You really nailed the latter. Chrysalis, Sombra and Tirek got nothing on this vile thing!

Especially loved the climax how you built it up with the Mane 6 breaking out of the dreams and Trixie delivering the finishing blow to sympolize it how she finally got free of her sister's control.

In the end, absolutely wonderful story!
10/10 😊

Login or register to comment