• Published 23rd Aug 2012
  • 1,687 Views, 42 Comments

My Little Community Friendship is Awesome - Emma Iveli



A great evil threatens not only Equestria but the universe, and it up to the Mane 6 and the Greendale 7 to defeat it. Equestria is DOOMED!

  • ...
4
 42
 1,687

The Elements of Life

Chapter 2: The Elements of Life

They arrived at the train station where the daily train to Canterlot was. However those that weren’t familiar with the show couldn’t help but to stare at it.

“It looks like a little girl’s toy.” Muttered Peirce.

“That’s because it is.” Mumbled Annie.

“I got the tickets.” Said Twilight.

“Thank you so much…” said Shirley, “Um… what was your name again?”

“Twilight Sparkle.” Answered Twilight.

Britta tried not the snicker at the unintentional Twilight reference.

“What’s so funny?” asked Twilight.

“Nothing… nothing that has to with vampires…” mumbled Britta.

“Muffin car?” asked Troy ignoring Britta.

“Muffin car!” answered Abed.

The two did that handshake and decided to ride in the muffin car.

{}{}{}{}{}3{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

On the way to Canterlot the two groups of friends decided to ride separately.

The Mane 6 (as they were known by fans) rode in a regular car.

“What was that black lighting earlier?” asked Rainbow Dash.

“I don’t know, I never heard of anything like that before.” Answered Twilight.

“It’s not Discord is it?” asked Applejack.

“I doubt it, trying to destroy us with lighting wasn’t his thing.” Said Rainbow Dash.

“I’m sure that’s one of the reasons why we’re being summoned by Princess Celestia.” Said Twilight.

“And the other reason is to get those guys to Princess Celesta.” Said Rainbow Dash.

“Who are they anyways?” asked Pinkie.

“All I know is they’re from another country and they use weird terms.” Said Twilight.

“What do you mean weird terms?” asked Applejack.

“That old guy keeps calling me a lesbian.” Muttered Rainbow Dash.

“So what’s the problem?” asked Fluttershy.

“It’s means filly fooler.” Muttered Rainbow Dash.

“Oh…” mumbled Fluttershy.

“Oh come now, Peirce might be rude but I think Jeff is quite charming.” Said Rarity.

“We noticed.” deadpanned Applejack.

“Do you think we’ll see them again?” asked Pinkie.

“I don’t know.” Said Twilight.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

In the muffin car, the study talked about their predicament.

“I can’t wait to get back to our own planet and pretend this didn’t happen.” Muttered Jeff.

“Jeffery” scowled Shirley.

“Look, we’re going to get back before the end of the day, it would be like we never left.” Said Jeff.

“Yes, but those ponies have been so nice to us.” Said Shirley.

“Not all of them, that rainbow one tried to attack me.” Said Peirce.

“That’s because you called her a lesbian.” Said Britta.

“But she is.” Said Pirie.

“It’s a good thing Twilight did stop her, chances are she would have tried to kill you with the sonic Rainboom.” Said Abed.

“Oh I wanted to see the sonic Rainboom.” Said Troy, “And Derpy… I didn’t get a chance to see Derpy.”

“Derpy?” asked Britta, “They named a pony Derpy?”

“Fans named her Derpy.” Explained Abed.

“They used it in the show… until too many people complained that it made fun of people with disabilities.” Said Annie.

“Well it must be if they named a pony Derpy.” Said Britta.

“This is why we didn’t tell you about ponies.” Troy muttered.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Eventually they arrived in Canterlot and at the palace where the guards let them in. When they got to the throne room they saw Princess Celestia.

The former study group couldn’t help to be in awe of the Princess. Even those that watched the series were stunned by her, sure seeing her on TV is one thing, but they could tell she was powerful and regal at the same time.

“Princess Celestia.” Twilight cheerfully greeted while running towards her mentor.

Princess Celestia gave a pony exultant of a hug, however she still had a look of worry on her face.

“What’s wrong?” asked Twilight.

“I’m amusing you were attacked by black lightning earlier.” Sighed Princess Celestia.

“We were. What was it?” asked Twilight.

“I’ll explain… but first.” Said Princess Celestia, she looked at the former study group.

“You haven’t told them, have you?” asked Princess Celestia.

“Told us what?” asked Twilight.

“They’re from another universe.” Said Princess Celestia.

“So wait… we’re not on another planet but a universe?” asked Peirce, “Thanks a lot Troy.”

“How was I supposed to know it was going to blow up.” Muttered Troy.

“Now’s not the time to argue, it’s almost over.” Said Jeff.

“Wait you guys are from another universe! That is so awesome!” yelled Pinkie jumping to Jeff’s face.

“We’re trying to talk to your princess… can you please get out of my face.” Said Jeff.

“Fine Mr. Grumpy Pants.” Muttered Pinkie.

“I can’t send you back.” Sighed Princess Celestia, “At least not yet.”

“What?” asked Britta.

“You see, I… no all of Equestria needs your help.” Explained Princess Celestia.

“Wait are you saying the Dimensioniser malfunction was caused by destiny?” asked Abed.

“Yes and no…” said Princess Celestia.

“Wait, so you mean that were brought here so that we can fight some kind of evil thing and save all of Equestria?” asked Troy, “THAT IS SO AWESOME THAT I’M ALREADY IN NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY!”

“But Troy, it might be dangerous.” Said Britta.

“She’s right, I have to explain everything… follow me.” Said Princess Celestia.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

The elder princess led everyone to the chamber.

“Before Luna became Nightmare Moon but after Discord’s defeat something arrived in Equestria.” Explained Princess Celestia.

“What?” asked Twilight.

They entered the chamber and saw the wall.

“Singularity is what it called itself.” Explained Princess Celestia, “It wanted to completely and utterly destroy Equestria, the moon, the sun and even the stars. Unfortunately the Elements of Harmony couldn’t defeat them… not alone. The only way to defeat it was using the Elements of Life, items similar to the Elements of Harmony: Knowledge, Persistence, Hope, Love, Compassion, Peace and Willpower. However they can’t be used by Ponies from this universe… fortunately thanks to Singularity’s influence, a rip in space and time happened and 7 beings from another universe appeared and were turned into Ponies. With their help we were able to defeat it and seal it away.”

Princess Celestia took a breath, “The seal which has 7 layers is breaking, Singularity is able to influence the outside world which is why it was able to attack you.”

There was a silence as they let what she said sink it in.

“So wait… you’re saying that we have to take up these elements of life or this universe gets destroyed.” Said Jeff, “And billions of Ponies and other creatures die?”

“Yes…” said Princess Celestia, “I understand if you don’t want to help us… this isn’t your universe.”

“I don’t care.” Said Troy, “I’m still in.”

“While normally this is something that’s usually reserved for the Dreamatorium and playing a character since this is real and billions of lives will be at stake, I think this might be something to say yes to.” said Abed.

“If Troy and Abed are in, then I’m in as well.” Said Annie.

“I’ll join too, I mean Jesus wouldn’t like it if I just abandon a magical universe with ponies.” Said Shirley who muttered under her breath, “Even if they worship a goddess…”

“Shirley’s right! This would be a grave injustice.” Said Britta, “After all…”

“Not now Britta.” Said Jeff, “No one needs to hear you rant right now.”

“What you haven’t decided yet?” asked Britta.

“No I’ve decided that I’m going to help…” said Jeff, “I have my reasons and they’re none of your business, I just don’t want you to prattle on about the so called injustices of our universe while you agree to save someone else’s.”

Britta glared at Jeff who just shrugged it off.

“If we win what do we get in return?” asked Peirce.

“A party.” Said Pinkie.

“You were going to throw them a party anyways.” Mumbled Rainbow Dash.

“Will I have to pay for anything?” asked Peirce.

“No.” answered Pinkie confused.

“Then I’m in.” said Peirce.

“The last bearers were powerful magic users and put a spell on this seal that no matter what if it broke someone would come to help.” Explained Princess Celestia, “That no matter what would happen they would be the type of beings to help no matter what happens.”

“So I’m guessing that these Elements of Life are in some abandoned castle somewhere in some kind of dangerous forest.” Said Jeff.

“How did you know the Elements of Harmony were in a place like that?” Said Pinkie.

Jeff shrugged.

“No.” answered Princess Celestia.

She motioned over to a pedestal, which had a stone orb on it.

“They are spread through out Equestria. The past bearers thought it was a good idea.” She explained, “This is the Element of Knowledge, only the best suited barrier can pick it up, or else it will mildly shock the pony trying to grab it.”

“Really?” asked Peirce.

None of them wanted to try it.

“Peirce, you be the first one.” Said Jeff.

“Why me?” asked Peirce.

“You’re the one who wants to do this because of a free party.” Said Jeff.

“Fine.” Said Peirce.

He touched the orb and got a “mild” shock. Because of that, he was on the floor twitching.

“That wasn’t mild…” he grumbled.

“Okay… who wants to go next.” Said Jeff.

“I’ll go.” Said abed, “I mean it doesn’t say kind of knowledge it has to be.”

Abed touched the orb and there was a bright light, when it dimmed, Abed was now holding a necklace with an orange gem it that was shaped like a lampshade.

“Cool, coolcoolcool.” He said.

“I get the feeling that his knowledge isn’t like mine.” Mumbled Twilight.

“Sorry Twilight.” Said Annie.

Twilight sighed.

“I don’t know where the others are.” Said Princess Celestia, “However the final seal won’t break for at least two more weeks, I will keep in touch, by the way do you 7 have any more questions.”

“Yes, I have one, why are you a Princess and not a Queen?” asked Britta, “I mean I’m sure somewhere little girls want to be like you and you’re just a princess.”

Princess Celestia stared at her, fighting off the strangest urge to call her the worst.

“It’s not important.” Said Princess Celestia.

Twilight was face hoofing…

“We should go… we do have a deadline.” Said Annie.

Princess Celestia gave Twilight the books about the Elements of Life, after that they all ran out of the chamber, and once they were out of the palace, Jeff finally said the obvious.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

“We are so screwed” said Jeff.

“Jeffery.” Scolded Shirley, “Don’t say that… no matter how true it might be.”

“Wait? What?” asked Rainbow Dash.

“No he’s right, the best any of us ever did was win at Paintball, we’re probably the worst group of 7 to do this.” Said Abed, “Possibly somewhere below worst. We just came here because we had a time machine at the worst possible time.”

“Oh come on you can’t be that bad.” Said Twilight.

They all flinched.

“About a month ago…” said Britta, “We started a riot at our old school.”

“Oh come it can’t be that bad.” Said Rainbow Dash.

“It wasn’t like it wasn’t a funeral at the same time.” Said Pinkie.

There was an awkward silence, all 7 avoided their gazes.

“My word…” said Rarity.

“Seriously?” asked Rainbow Dash.

“Now who would start a riot at a funereal?” asked Applejack.

“Does it matter?” asked Jeff.

“No… not really…” mumbled Twilight.

“Wait… if it was your school, then why are you different ages?” asked Pinkie.

“Do community colleges exist here in Equestria?” asked Jeff.

“Oh…” said Twilight realizing, “Yes, they do…”

“That doesn’t matter, it was all in the past.” Said Rainbow Dash.

“Come on… we should head back to Ponyville.” Said Twilight.

“Why?” asked Jeff.

“Well the library is probably the best to read the books.” Said Twilight.

They shrugged and headed back to the train station.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

They didn’t know that Princess Luna heard everything…

“Should I tell Tia?” asked Princess Luna silently to herself.

“Don’t worry, I heard everything.” Said Princess Celestia joining her, “A group that caused a riot at a funeral. That’s something you don’t hear everyday.”

“So should we?” asked Princess Luna.

“No, they are good people.” Said Princess Celestia, “They might not be perfect, but they are who we have.”

“But they are below the bottom of the barrel.” Said Princess Luna.

“Don’t worry, they have my faith…” said Princess Celestia.

Princess Luna sighed.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

With the two groups of friends they managed catch the last train of the day (which unfortunately meant they have to sleep on the train back to Ponyville).

Thankfully since they didn’t have to hide any secrets and because of that they were in the same car…

“So what happened next?” asked Pinkie.

“And so the Inspector and Reggie…” explained Abed telling Pinkie about an episode of Inspector Spacetime

“Can you please go five minutes without talking about Inspector Spacetime? I’m trying to sleep.” Said Jeff.

“You know there’s a car for that.” Said Abed.

“All of the beds are taken.” muttered Jeff.

“You know what I realized you all need a place to stay when we're back into town.” Said Pinkie.

“I call Pinkie Pie’s house!” yelled Troy.

“Abed you can stay too since there are 7 of you.” Said Pinkie.

“Cool, coolcoolcool.” Said Abed.

“I think I should stay with Twilight.” Said Annie, “I can help her find the location of the other elements.”

“Thanks.” Said Twilight.

“Oh Jeff, if you want…” said Rarity with a seductive smile.

“No way, I’m not letting you two under the same roof.” Said Shirley, “I’m staying at your place Rarity.”

Rarity started pouting.

“I guess Jeff can stay at my place.” Whispered Fluttershy.

“Thanks.” Said Jeff.

“If you want to Britta you can stay with me.” Said Rainbow Dash.

“Why thank you Rainbow Dash.” Said Britta.

“I guess you two are falling for each other.” Said Peirce who still thought Rainbow Dash was a lesbian.

Rainbow Dash tried to punch him bit was stopped by Twilight using her magic.

“Now’s not the time.” Muttered Twilight.

“I’ll house him.” Muttered Applejack just everyone else didn’t like him that much.

While they were going to the journey it was going to be a long road… a long awkward road…

And hopefully they were wrong… maybe Equestria wasn’t screwed… Maybe…