• Published 17th Dec 2011
  • 9,148 Views, 624 Comments

Banishment Decree - Neon Czolgosz



Gryphon warriors don't get fired, they get banished.

  • ...
22
 624
 9,148

Banishment Decree: Prologue

Five seconds.

I squeeze my legs tight, wrap my arms around the unicorn’s neck and twist my entire body. The stallion’s spine and neck break in three places. I push his limp body off, and a crosswind takes it off to the side.

That’s that dweeb taken care of.

Fourteen seconds.

My name is Gilda. I’m a griffon, and I’m about to die.

I’m about to reach terminal velocity. Sixty yards a second. A fall into deep water might not turn me to griffon jelly; but I’ll still be knocked out and drown.

Oh well.

Thirty seconds.

I’ve been falling for thirty seconds, and the wind is screaming past my ears.

My left wing is bound to my side by paralytic magic and my right has a bloody, fist sized hole through it. Both wings are still twitching from the electricity the unicorn shot through me. Can’t feel the pain. Can’t fly with them either.

Fifty seconds.

I remember to take a notepad and pencil out of my barding.

‘Hey T.’ I write, ‘I’m dead but mission accomp. RB was leak, is dead. Good working w/ you

‘See you when you get there,

‘G.’

Ninety seconds.

The adrenaline starts to fade. The pain creeps back in, and my heart rate drops. There’s a fine trail of pink mist coming from the hole in my wing. It looks almost pretty.

I thought for a second, and took out the notebook again.

‘Hey Dash, was going to come over and buy you a beer, apologise over the whole Ponyville thing a few years back. Your friends are still lame-os, but they were your lame-os and I should never have let that get in the way of our friendship. I’m sorry, Dash, and I hope you can forgive me.’

‘I guess I’ll see you when I see you,

‘Gilda - PS, good luck with the whole wonderbo’

I hit the ground so hard I bounce.