• Published 15th Aug 2012
  • 21,294 Views, 1,681 Comments

Inner Demons - Azure Sandora



On her 21st birthday, Twilight reads a prophesy that starts a downward spiral into her own darkness.

  • ...
129
 1,681
 21,294

Epilogue

Epilogue

~One month later~

Apple Bloom was trying to focus on her school work, but it was hard when she already knew the stuff. Celestia... she spent an entire week as an adult once. She knew multiplication like the back of her hoof now.

When the school bell rang, she immediately gathered her things and ran out of the classroom. When she got to her locker, she saw Scootaloo waiting for her.

"Ya know, Ah think Ah hate school," Apple Bloom said, making Scootaloo laugh.

"I always hated school," Scootaloo admitted, "Come on, Sweetie Belle and the others are waiting for us."

When they got outside, they saw Sweetie Belle talking to Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara. They looked excited, at least, Sweetie Belle and Silver Spoon did. Diamond Tiara didn't look like she cared too much.

"Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, guess what Silver Spoon just told me!" Sweetie Belle said happily.

"I don't know, I can't read minds," Scootaloo said sarcastically.

"A princess is coming to stay here in Ponyville!"

"Are ya serious?" Apple Bloom asked.

"My dad told me about it!" Silver Spoon said, "She's supposed to be making a big speech in the town square around now!"

"This is major!" Apple Bloom shouted, now just as excited as her friends.

"So why aren't you jumping for joy?" Scootaloo asked Diamond Tiara.

"Because it's not like we're ever going to talk to her," Diamond Tiara said, "I bet she's really stuck up."

"You'd know all about that," Scootaloo said sarcastically. Diamond Tiara stuck her tongue at Scootaloo.

"Come on, play nice you two," Silver Spoon said. Apple Bloom shook her head. Even though the five of them were friends now, those two never got over their differences.

"Let's see if we can get a closer look at her!" Sweetie Belle suggested. Even if they weren't all as enthusiastic as Sweetie Belle, they ran off to the town square.


"Greetings, ponies of Ponyville," the princess said, "You are probably all wondering, why is a princess moving into Ponyville? Well, I actually have a few reasons.

"Last month, I learned things about myself that I wish I hadn't, and I did things that I wish I could take back. Judging by some of the looks on your faces, there are a few ponies that remember that month, and know what I am talking about. Before you knew me as I am now, I was living a simple life here as one of you, but in an instant that life was shattered. Truth is, I don't think I was ever truly meant to live a simple life.

"I am not here to make excuses for myself. My main reason for coming here is because I feel that this place is my real home. I spent time in Canterlot for a while, but the longer I stayed there the more I missed my home here, and my friends. Friends that I am pleased to see are all here.

"There were other reasons for me being here, but none of them matter to me right now. At the time, all I really want right now is to ask for the forgiveness of the ponies who suffered from my... issues last month, and for my friends to accept my apology. That is all."

As she finished her speech, she looked around in the crowd at her friends. Fluttershy and Macintosh were both smiling at her. Spike was holding onto Rarity lovingly, both of them beaming at her. Rainbow Dash closed her eyes with a relieved smile on her face, and Pinkie Pie next to her jumped up and down gleefully. In the back she saw the Cutie Mark Crusaders and their two new members all waving to her (well, four of them were. Diamond Tiara was just looking away uninterested). The princess looked to her side and saw Applejack walking up the stairs to her. The two of them locked eyes for a few seconds, but then Applejack hugged her.

"Welcome home... Twilight..."

She said nothing in response. Twilight, now wearing the same golden jewelery as Princess Celestia, returned the embrace of her best friend, letting her tears of joy speak for themselves. There was a loud cheer afterwards, but as her friends were all coming up and exchanging loving words with her now, she couldn't have cared less about the ponies cheering.

Home... She was finally home...


In the outskirts of Ponyville, Twilight had a monument erected in honor of a fallen friend.

Trixie Lulamoon

AKA, The Great and Powerful Trixie

Her only crime was loving too much

R.I.P

The End


Although one adventure has come to an end, yet another one waits on the horizon. Questions remain unanswered, and not everyone has the closure they wanted. Questions like these can't be ignored for very long.

But for now, rest easy heroes...

Comments ( 265 )

Awesome ending to an awesome story.
Also first :P

Lad
Lad #2 · Sep 2nd, 2012 · · ·

Awesome story i really hope you write more like this i give it 9/10 :moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

Loved your whole story during most of the action packed parts I almost went to another website to read this but I did not so I did not rewin this for me and I am glad for that. again amazing story:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::heart:

Err... okay, she almost destroyed the world and they made her a Princess... Makes sense. :pinkiecrazy:

I thought it was Equestria, not Norway (I'm referring to the way Breivik is treated in jail and all the good stuff he's given, after killing 77 people).

Honestly, in Twilight's place I'd ask, no, DEMAND to be punished as severely as possible. :facehoof:

Wait, wait, does this mean a sequel is coming? THat would be the best thing ever!

Absolutely fantastic! A spine-tingling read, wire to wire. You have my smiles!:ajsmug::pinkiesmile::rainbowkiss::raritywink::scootangel::twilightsmile::yay::moustache::trollestia::eeyup:

.......one thing to say this was a brilliant read the entire time

That sequel plug, AH SPIKE WAAAANT! :moustache:

If and when you decide to write a sequel, could you pretty please update all of your depositories at the same time, or close to? I know it's a pain sometimes with formatting, but it would be really, really awesome if you could do that for us :twilightsmile:

Amazing story, thank you.

1204707>>1204664 There is a sequel. This entire story and its follow-up were already written on Fanfiction and she just transferred them here. That's why the updates were so frequent

best...fanfic...EVER!!! :pinkiehappy:

This story was absolutely amazing. One of the best. You deserve a million cookies.

Although one adventure has come to an end, yet another one waits on the horizon. Questions remain unanswered, and not everyone has the closure they wanted. Questions like these can't be ignored for very long.

But for now, rest easy heroes...

Wait... does this mean... could it be a oncoming sequel? :pinkiegasp:

this was perhaps the best fanfic i have read so far. truely epic talent to bring out the darkness shown. great story

Epic end to possibly the best story I've ever read on this site. Congrats :moustache:

A genius of literature at work! Well done!:ajsmug:
But now, is over. still, one of the happiest sad endings ever.:pinkiesad2:

Wow, its over. It's shocking.

Great work. Hope to see the next masterpiece soon!

Can you transfer "10 Years" over to fimfiction?

best.ending.ever.

Wiktionary has a short article on the term "tour de force"; I should go over there and add this story as an example.

1204661 I dont think she has "command" over Ponyville, but since she's a Alicorn, you know.

1205201 Well, put her in jail forever or seal her into the moon... or execute her, I dunno. The fact that she "wasn't herself" and "had a darkness inside" and that she's "very very sorry" doesn't excuse her. Although maybe I'm too harsh on her. They did say, that there were no casualties, except for Trixie. All she did was overthrow the current ruler by encasing her in stone, brainwash the second ruler, abduct and indoctrinate two fillies by artificially aging them, raise an army of undead, abduct and forcefully imprison an entire female population of a town, including a Princess, practice dark magic, attempt to destroy the world... Yeah, nothing major and unforgivable.

1205234 Lol, these are very good explanations. The fact that she wasn't herself might have lowered the punishment, Trixie did it on her own will, so I don't think she would be punished for that. Scootaloo knew it was wrong and tried to overthrow Twilight, but then got the idea of making her own little world. Sweetie Bell was broken down because Twilight convinced her that Rarity didn't love her, which she really did, so she thought Twilight would help with their problems after is was over. The rest... can't really explain. But yeah.

I finally get what Twilight's punishment is. Her punishment is her gift: becoming an Alicorn. She will have to live forever and watch as all her loved ones die before her. Talk about sick and twisted. Celestia really knows how to pick her punishments.:trollestia:

whenever something ends my mind keeps
remembering all the stuff that happened that i took for granted
.....stop it mind

Great and powerfull story.
:moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

words cannot describe how much I enjoyed this story

:yay: Best story Ever :raritydespair:

final wrods translated - Sequel?

Aaaaand...cue song!

IF theres a sequel I'm reading it and you can't stop me :rainbowdetermined2:

I wish there was more of this because this story is too epic to stop lol:eeyup:

And now with that I am contempt. I really must say though i really enjoyed some of the scenes that you had music to (Namely Sweetie Bell's Musical number on that stage) The way you had it written out made it so i could turn the music on and actually visualize how it would be if it were animated.
Awesome story!:yay:

1205549 THE EVIL TROLLESTIA STRIKES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!:trollestia: MUTHAFUKA!!!!!

I kinda wish the epilogue was a bit longer, but overall I loved this story. Enough to copy it to epub for my Kindle. That's saying a lot BTW. I have 3 stories on my Kindle. And nearly 100 favorited.

Rating: 5/5 :moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

(For context: you're in the same category as Past Sins and Fallout: Equestria)

1207341 I love when I can't put a good book down. Hopefully you'll get more traffic now that you're story is "completed". I know many readers have an issue reading such a long tale without it being completed.

Anyway, thank you so much for the wonderful story. I look forward to your next tale.

Edit: I just emailed Bronyville to recommend your story. I've NEVER emailed them before.

P.S. I swear I will hunt you down if you don't write a sequel.

xoxo Bri

1207371 When it is done, It'll be both here and fanfiction

1207371 I swear that is the cutest profile pic EVAR.

A wonderful end to a wonderful story... i loved reading this! Thank you so much for that <3

Great ending and the Monument to Trixie was awesome especially the part about her only crime being loving to much. keep up the good work.

1204735
Wait, what? Why not just put it up all at once, then?

1207984 Where's the fun in that? Think about it, put up all chapters and have possible spoilers in the comments and have people blow through it, or put them up over a period of time and see the reactions and speculations, the shocking revelations, and leave people wanting more?

1208163
I just checked, and there are already four chapters up on fanfiction.net of what I would assume to be the sequel - if it isn't the sequel, then it is at least a sequel. It's not marked "complete", though. If spoilers are the worry, then why have four chapters already up there? And wouldn't there still be reactions/speculation/etcetera if they were posted as they were written, since people would still (presumably, anyway) read them in order?

Beautiful, 10/10 :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Too... Much... Awesome.... AAAAAAHAHHDUDBDJHPEJDHU!!!!

april-fools.us/images/teachers-head-explodes.jpg


And is that a sequel I hear... Err... See?

melblitzer.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/nuclear-explosion.jpg

But... But what about Lezard? And Applebloom? I would like to know what happened to Lezard. And Applebloom. In the future. Yeah.

It was a very well written fic, and If you decide to write a sequel then i can't wait to read it.

:twilightsmile: And so the conclusion has come. And with it, a warm smile as the pages flip and the book closes on this excellent tale. I was happy to see this through to the very end. I believe you've even hardend my newly aquired enjoyment of reading, and for that, I thank you. You have my attention with any future works, of that we can be certain. I only hope I'll be of better ability for critique when I read them. I feel as though simply reading and enjoying these stories I see, just isn't enough. :twilightsheepish: But I guess will see what the future holds, Hm? And lastly........

Fare-thee-well and Rest in Peace Trixie Lulamoon........You shall be missed.......:twilightsmile: :trixieshiftleft:

1204735
Ah, ok, so we can probably expect the sequel to be coming here shortly then? Awesome :rainbowkiss:

Login or register to comment