• Published 15th Aug 2012
  • 21,279 Views, 1,681 Comments

Inner Demons - Azure Sandora



On her 21st birthday, Twilight reads a prophesy that starts a downward spiral into her own darkness.

  • ...
129
 1,681
 21,279

Chapter 12

Chapter 12: Rarity's Sacrifice

She couldn't face it... she wouldn't face it...

Twilight had opened a wound deeper than any wound she had ever sustained, and showed her just what kind of monster she was on the inside. Not only had forced herself onto Big Macintosh, but she also envisioned herself in Pinkie Pie's situation, knowing full well how traumatized Pinkie Pie was.

Twilight wasn't the only monster here... She was just as bad... if not worse...

"I'm not fit for this world anymore..." she said, letting the sadness she felt well up inside of her. Twilight asked them to chain her up, but she was able to escape. Fluttershy though, she was going to make sure that she couldn't escape this. Also, she wouldn't be around to burden her friends anymore. She knew that Rainbow Dash didn't want to be there, but Rainbow Dash stayed with her. Had she not stopped her, maybe Rainbow Dash could have stopped Twilight. Maybe she could have spared Pinkie Pie.

But because of her... Pinkie Pie was...

But no more... she wasn't going to hurt anyone anymore. She walked all the way to the outskirts of Ponyville, stopping at a cliff. She was a pegasus, so if she wanted to, she could have just flown away.

But she didn't have to use her wings, did she?


After seeing his sister off, Macintosh went to work immediately. He didn't know if Rainbow Dash was searching too, but he knew that if he didn't get to work now, she would find Fluttershy first, and he needed to talk to her.

That last meeting left him feeling funny. It didn't seem like her, but at the same time, it did. He had always cared about Fluttershy, but he knew that she had a lot of secrets. He had a feeling that what happened in the barn had something to do with one of those secrets, and he needed her to open up about this one at least.

He knew that Applejack would need Fluttershy, but if she was dealing with something personal, she wasn't going to be much of a fighter (assuming that what Applejack said was true combined with the knowledge he had on the situation, she would be fighting).

He was about to walk to her house, when he saw something small and white hopping over to him. He looked again and saw a number of other creatures following the white creature. He saw birds, squirrels, even a raccoon. The white thing turned out to be Fluttershy's pet rabbit, Angel.

They all stopped in front of him and began making a lot of frantic noises. Fluttershy's animal friends were smart, so they had to be trying to tell him something.

"Are ya tellin me somethin... about Fluttershy?" he asked, getting a nod from the birds. The raccoon and Angel pulled at his forelegs as if trying to guide him somewhere, "Ya'll know where she is?" the two nodded frantically and continued to pull him, "Take me to her!"

Angel and the raccoon immediately ran off, and the birds flew in their direction. Now Macintosh was scared. He galloped after the animals, praying to Celestia that she was safe.

When he got to the outskirts of Ponyville, he saw her standing at the edge of a cliff. Her eyes were closed, but from where he was he could still see the tears in her eyes, and the look of anguish on her face. Eyes wide, he wasted no time galloping over to her once he realized what she was planning.

He grabbed her tail in his mouth and pulled her into his embrace right before she fell off.

"LET ME GO!" Fluttershy screamed as she tried to fight out of his embrace, "I WANT TO DIE! PLEASE LET ME DIE!" she burst into tears.

"Fluttershy, what's wrong with you?" Macintosh asked her. Once she stopped fighting he held her even tighter trying to comfort her as she cried in his forelegs, "It's okay now. I'm here for you."

She shook her head and tensed up, as if his embrace was painful. She was fighting something within, and he needed to help her before he sent her off to help his sister. Sorry Applejack, he thought, but this is a little more important in his eyes.


After they both calmed down, Rarity asked Apple Bloom to tell her exactly what happened. When she heard the news her heart sank. Twilight now had her sister, and Scootaloo. Worst of all, she stole their childhood. She didn't know if the spell could be reversed, but Rarity had a horrible feeling that it couldn't.

"Poor thing," Rarity said still holding Apple Bloom and rubbing her mane in a comforting manner, "You wanted to be treated like an adult, not forced to become one."

"Ironic, ain't it..." Apple Bloom said sadly, followed by a laugh, "Ah spoke so much about bein grown up, and now look at me," Apple Bloom looked in Rarity's eyes, "Am Ah at least pretty?"

"Oh my god, YES," Rarity said, "When we get out of here, you have to let me dress you up! You can even go to the spa with me and..." Rarity stopped when she realized what she was about to say. There was no way they were dead. It was impossible, "You said that Twilight gave them their Cutie Marks?" Rarity asked, trying to change the subject.

"Yeah," Apple Bloom said, "Ya should've seen their eyes light up. Sweetie Belle looked like she was going to cry. She did when she saw what she looked like, saying she was as beautiful as you."

"Oh... Sweetie Belle..." Rarity said feeling guilty a bit, "You were always beautiful in your own way..."

"Rarity, we gotta get outta here," Apple Bloom said, "Ah can't let Twilight have her way."

"A-Apple Bloom!" Rarity exclaimed looking at her in shock.

"Ah don't know what Ah can... what WE can do, but Ah gotta do somethin!"

"I see," Rarity said with a nod, "Well then, leave that to me."

"What 're ya plannin?" Apple Bloom asked.

Rarity smirked, "Just follow my lead. Oh, and be a dear and wake up Spike."


After explaining her plan to them, Rarity leaned on the bar door while Spike and Apple Bloom stayed next to the door out of sight. This would work, but it would only work once, which meant they had to get out of here on this try.

"Oooh, somepony, anypony," Rarity called out, in her best imitation of a mare in "need", and judging by the shocked expressions on Apple Bloom and Spike's faces, it was very convincing.

A guard walked to the door, and thankfully it was a male, "Can I help you?" the guard asked Rarity.

"Mmm, you'll do just fine," Rarity said, "I haven't had the caress of a stallion in ages, and being locked up in this room is only making it worse."

The guard was sweating, so Rarity reached out and touched his face. Thankfully it worked, but he wasn't budging yet, "I... don't know what I can do for you, Miss..."

"Oh, you know exactly what you can do for me," Rarity said stepping back and lying on the bed, "I'm right here, and I'm waiting for you..."

"Um..." the guard looked really taken aback by what he was seeing, and he was breaking. This would do it. Stallions loved it when a mare said things like this.

"Save me..." Rarity said in her best fake breathy tone, "Please... save me..."

That did it. A second later the guard fumbled with the keys and opened the door. He walked in with the dumbest smile on his face, but a second later...

WHAM!

Apple Bloom punched him really hard in the face, knocking him out. Rarity immediately got off the bed and dusted herself off.

"Well, that was fun." Rarity said, "But we need to move before he wakes up."

"Wow, Rarity," Spike said, "That was amazing. I thought you were serious."

"Well, he was sort of cute," Rarity said, "But he's not my type. Come on," Rarity said trotting out of the cell, "First we need to get to my room."

"Yer room?" Apple Bloom asked, "Why?"

"Because there are a few things we need to do for you before we get out," Rarity said. She then galloped out of the dungeon, happy to see Apple Bloom and Spike a little behind her.


After writing a quick letter for Granny Smith and giving it to Angel, Macintosh put Fluttershy on his back and walked to her house. Once inside he lied her down on her bed. Poor Fluttershy, he thought. She was a pony who always kept her pain internal, but wore it like a favorite dress. Everyone could tell that she was sad, but she never told anyone why.

"Fluttershy..." Macintosh said looking at her rest peacefully, "What happened to you?"

He walked around her room, noting how nice it was. She really had a way with keeping a room. She actually had a few exotic pieces of furniture, and even had a lava lamp. Funny, Macintosh didn't think Fluttershy was the type to have one of those...

Fluttershy stiffened in her bed. It looked like she was having some sort of nightmare. She was even crying in her sleep. Macintosh hated seeing her like this. He walked over to her and rubbed her back.

"It's okay," he said softly, "Ah'm here now. Ya ain't got nothin to worry about." Fluttershy sighed, and then fell back into a peaceful slumber. Macintosh breathed out in relief and lied down on the floor next to the bed.

A few minutes later, Fluttershy stirred a bit. Macintosh sat up to see if she was alright. Better than that, she was actually awake. She looked Macintosh in the eyes with a sad expression, as if ashamed. She weakly mouthed out "I'm sorry". Apparently she lost her voice from all the crying she did earlier.

"There ain't nothin to apologize for," Macintosh said smiling, "Ah'm just glad that you're safe."

Fluttershy gave a sigh and closed her eyes, this time smiling. He still wanted to know what happened to her, but she needed rest. Granny Smith wouldn't miss him to much. She wasn't as old as people thought she was, after all.

"Ah'll stay right here, Fluttershy," Macintosh said, "Ya'll don't have ta worry 'bout nothin." Fluttershy grabbed Macintosh's foreleg and held it, as if claiming him. Based off of what he saw a few days ago, he might already be hers.

Was that really such a bad thing?


"Okay, and done," Rarity said as she finished redoing Apple Bloom's look. She didn't need to do a whole lot, but there were a few things that Rarity felt she needed to do. Since she was grown up now (at least in body) Rarity put a bit of make-up on Apple Bloom, and she also gave Apple Bloom a red and white dress that was reminiscent of old western clothing, but the red skirt was long enough to hide her lack of a Cutie Mark On her back legs were brown boots.

"Here, take a look," Rarity said, moving out the way so Apple Bloom could see herself in the mirror. She looked around at herself, but then looked sad for some reason, "Apple Bloom, what's wrong?"

"Well, Ah look really nice and all," Apple Bloom said, "But it's still a little depressin. Ah don't mean ta whine, but now Ah'm a full grown mare without a Cutie Mark. At least before Ah still had time."

"There's always time, Apple Bloom," Rarity said holding Apple Bloom's shoulders, "Whether or not you're ten or twenty-"

"One," Apple Bloom finished for Rarity, who shook her head rolling her eyes.

"You still have time to find out your special skill. Until then, wear this dress so no one asks complicated questions."

"Do ya think we can change me back to mah normal age?"

Truth was, Rarity still didn't know. Time only moved forward, and it looked like Twilight just messed with time around Apple Bloom (and Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo). If that was the case, Apple Bloom may have just lost eleven years of her life.

"I..." Rarity said looking away slightly, "I don't know. But if we don't get out of here then we'll never find out."

Apple Bloom looked down seriously, and then trotted off a bit pulling out her mane ribbon. She threw it to the side and reached into Rarity's box of hats. A few seconds later, she pulled out a dark brown cowboy's hat, similar to Applejack's hat.

"Only little kids wear bows like that in their mane," Apple Bloom said putting the hat on, "Ah gotta really grow up now."

Rarity was touched, but she found it hard not to feel sorry for Apple Bloom. Now she had no choice but to grow up. Not only was the whole world going to hell, but she was trapped in the body of an adult. Talk about cruel...

"Now, as for my plan," Rarity said walking over to Apple Bloom, "I think that the only pony who could help us now would be Princess Cadence."

"Princess... Cadence?"

"Princess Mi Amore Cadenza," Rarity explained, "The Princess' niece and current wife of Shining Armor, Twilight's brother."

"Ah remember," Apple Bloom said, "Ah was one o' the flower girls along with..." she looked sad as she remembered how her friends were also there.

Rarity saw that, but she felt like they needed to stay on topic, "Yes, well she has an ability to send love waves to a pony and rekindle positive emotions. I bet with her power we can bring Twilight back to her senses."

"That's a great idea!" Apple Bloom said lighting up, "At least then we'd have an alicorn on our side!"

"Exactly," Rarity said, "I heard that they were staying in Fillydelphia. We can't get there from here, but if we get back to Ponyville-"

"Then we can take a train ta Fillydelphia from Ponyville!" Apple Bloom continued. Rarity nodded happily. This might just work.

"I bet we could also get Shining Armor to help us too," Spike said walking into the room.

"Did you secure our way out?" Rarity asked.

"Done," Spike said in a bragging manner, "Worry not my pretty fillies, our way out is set."

"Excellent," Rarity said walking over to Spike and nuzzling him, "Good job Spike."

Spike chuckled, his face red. This was why she loved him so much. So innocent and faithful, unlike most of the stallions she knew. If only he were a stallion...

"We should get movin," Apple Bloom said, "Before somepony finds out where we are."

"It's a little too late for that," they heard behind them. They turned around and saw Trixie standing in the room walking up to them. She was now wearing a black witch's hat and matching cape.

"Trixie!" Rarity exclaimed running in front of Apple Bloom and Spike again.

"Going to Fillydelphia to get Mi Amore Cadenza," Trixie said, "I can't wait to tell Twilight about this."

"Trixie please, let us go!" Apple Bloom pleaded, "Yer not a bad pony!"

"Twilight promised to teach me the greatest magic in the world!" Trixie said, "This is what I've always wanted, to be recognized by Twilight."

"You want power so bad that you would sell your soul?" Rarity asked, "I knew you were foolish, Trixie, but I never thought you would be this foolish!"

"What would you do for the ultimate knowledge?" Trixie challenged, "Besides, this world might be better off with Twilight's rule."

"I don't believe you'd-" Rarity began.

"You should have seen the two fillies she helped a few hours ago!" Trixie stated, "They were practically in tears with joy. Not only did they reach the appropriate age to achieve all of their dreams, but they have their Cutie Marks along with their special talents! Just think, a world where everypony can be whatever they please..."

"I know one of those fillies!" Rarity shouted, "One of them is my little sister!"

"Then you should be happy! Your sister is!"

"This is so wrong," Rarity said shaking her head, "I don't know what happened to Twilight, but I'm going to do whatever it takes to get her back!"

"You aren't even leaving this castle!" Trixie shouted, "I'm going to first knock the three of you out, and then throw all of you in separate cells!"

"Rarity, what are we going to do?" Apple Bloom whispered to Rarity, who suddenly had a horrible idea. Rather, a realization of what she had to do as the oldest in the room...

And as the Element of Generosity...

"Apple Bloom," Rarity said softly, "It's up to you and Spike."

"W-what are ya talkin about?" Apple Bloom asked.

"You need to go," Rarity said, breathing heavily, "I'll... hold her off..."

"Rarity, no!" Spike pleaded, "I'm staying with you!"

"No Spike. You have... to lead Apple Bloom to the exit... and make sure... that she gets... to Fillydelphia," she could hardly breathe. She was so terrified right now, but she had to be strong. Apple Bloom couldn't see her scared.

"Rarity, Ah can't go without ya!" Apple Bloom said.

"Yes you can!" Rarity stated, "You came all the way here to Canterlot by yourself, I know you can do this!" she felt the tears coming, and her entire body was shaking. She wouldn't turn around though. She wouldn't let them see how scared she was.

"Rarity-" Apple Bloom started.

"Go, NOW!" Rarity shouted, pushing Apple Bloom and Spike out the door and closing it. She heard Apple Bloom banging on the door.

"Rarity! RARITY!" Apple Bloom cried.

"Let us in! Let me in!" Spike shouted, "I'm strong! I can fight! I can protect you!"

"Please you two, I'm begging you!" Rarity shouted, "The fate of all of Equestria is in your hooves! You have to get Princess Cadence and Shining Armor!"

Apple Bloom was silent for a while, like she was thinking.

"Ah'm comin back fer ya!" Apple Bloom said after a minute, "Ah promise, Ah WON'T abandon you! Come on Spike!"

"R-r-r-right!" she heard Spike say. Celestia, he was crying. Hearing that made Rarity appreciate Spike even more. A second later she heard Apple Bloom gallop away, and she finally broke down.

"I love you so much... Spikey... Wikey..." she said softly through her tears. She knew that the fight she was about to engage in was a losing one, but she wasn't about to just go down quietly. She was completely unaware, but the Element of Generosity began to glow on her neck. As she turned around, Trixie stepped back from her.

"W-what are you doing?" Trixie asked, "Why is that thing glowing!"

"I may not be able to defeat Twilight," Rarity said, tears flowing freely from her eyes as she glared at Trixie, "But I'm sure I can give you a beating before she comes to your rescue!"

Trixie gave a scared laugh, "But your just a beautician," she said, "Even with the little knowledge Twilight has already shared with me I'm more than enough to stop you."

"I am NOT just a beautician!" Rarity said, the glow getting brighter now, "I am the one of the Elements of Harmony! I am the ELEMENT OF GENEROSITY!" at that moment there was a bright flash. Almost blinding.

Rarity felt a surge of energy unlike anything else she ever felt. She never took her eyes off of Trixie, but she was fully aware of the changes that took place, and the armor that strangely appeared around her.

It was sapphire blue and white, and was fashioned almost like a dress but armored. It covered her front hooves, upper body, and there were armored sections on her back hooves too. The shoulder pads were sharp like diamonds, and on her chest was a light blue diamond, similar to her symbol of Generosity.

She knew she couldn't beat Twilight with this alone, but she could at least hold off Trixie so Apple Bloom and Spike could escape.

"Let's DO THIS, Trixie!" Rarity shouted, crouching in a fighting stance. Trixie shook her head, but then got in a fighting stance herself. If Rarity didn't know better, she looked scared.

Good. She needed to be.


Apple Bloom galloped all the way down the halls, following Spike's directions. She felt horrible leaving Rarity behind, but she couldn't stop. She needed to get to Ponyville. She needed to get to Fillydelphia.

Right when she made it to the gate though, she heard something that made her stop. She heard... singing.

"Apple Bloom, what's that?" Spike asked.

"Ah don't..." she said right before she realized what it was. Before she could do anything though, a pink laser came down on top of her and Spike. She managed to dodge it just in time though.

"Oh good," Apple Bloom heard, "I was afraid I would hit you with that."

Apple Bloom looked up and saw Sweetie Belle walking up to them, but she looked so different. She was now wearing a black cocktail dress that was slit on both sides showing her back legs, and had a hole for her tail to stick out, fishnet stockings and black high heels on her back legs, black gloves on her front legs, and purple eye shadow and red lipstick on her face. She looked like a seductress almost.

"S-Sweetie Belle?" Apple Bloom asked getting up.

"Do you like it?" Sweetie Belle asked spinning around, "I hope you do, Apple Bloom."

"Sweetie Belle, let's get outta here," Apple Bloom pleaded holding her hoof out, "We can stop Twilight together."

"Why would I want to do that?" Sweetie Belle asked, shocking Apple Bloom. No... no... no... she didn't get Sweetie Belle with that weird star thing, did she?

No, her eyes still showed emotion. She was still in control, just like Trixie. What was Sweetie Belle thinking?

"Because she's gone crazy! Look at what she did to us!" Apple Bloom shouted.

"All I see is not only do I have my Cutie Mark, but I'm beautiful now, just like Rarity. No, I'm the most beautiful pony in Equestria now."

"What in tarnation..." Apple Bloom couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"Between my beautiful voice, and my lovely figure," she said turning to the side and lifting her back left leg up elegantly, "I'll be the most loved pony in all of Equestria. Twilight said so. Isn't that wonderful?"

"Sweetie Belle, this ain't you," Apple Bloom said shaking her head, "This ain't the Sweetie Belle I know and love."

"I thought you'd be happy for me," Sweetie Belle said stepping back from Apple Bloom, "This is all I've ever wanted, and now I finally have it! Why can't you see that this is better?"

"Because it ain't!" Apple Bloom said, "Ah don't wanna live in a world ruled by some pony on a power trip! Ah'm sorry Sweetie Belle, but Ah jus don't see it like you do."

"I see..." Sweetie Belle said looking down.

"We tried it your way," Scootaloo said stepping out of the shadows, "Can we do this my way now?"

Scootaloo just looked scary now. She was wearing some sort of black body armor made of some weird metal (matched the bike-like thing pretty well) that even covered her wings a bit, and a matching helmet with a black visor over her eyes. This wasn't looking good for them.

"Scootaloo!" Apple Bloom called out.

"Once a traitor, always a traitor," Scootaloo said smiling arrogantly, "and we have a strict policy against traitors."

"I don't want to hurt you, Bloom," Sweetie Belle said sadly, "But you're not leaving me with much of a choice."

Apple Bloom couldn't take on both of them, not when Twilight probably gave them both major upgrades in power along with the new, creepy, wardrobes. Apple Bloom looked behind her, and saw the window. Outside was the moat that flowed out to the river. It was her and Spike's only hope at getting out of here.

"Ah sure hope this dress ain't dry clean only!" Apple Bloom said picking up Spike and putting him on her back.

"W-what are we planning?" Spike asked.

"We're bustin out, by any means necessary!" Apple Bloom shouted running over to the window. Scootaloo was fast, because she almost grabbed Apple Bloom's foot before she fell out into the water, and to freedom.


"Damn it!" Scootaloo shouted, "I'm flying after her!"

"Let them go!" Twilight commanded walking over to them, Trixie staggering in with her, "She and Spike alone can't do anything to stop us, and she will come back eventually."

"How do you know?" Scootaloo asked.

"Simple, we have something, or rather, somepony that she's going to want to come back for," Twilight said as two guards pulled something into view with chains. Sweetie Belle was shocked when she saw who it was. She was wearing some kind of armor, but it was undeniable.

It was her sister.

"R-Rarity?" Sweetie Belle asked. Rarity looked up at Sweetie Belle and looked shocked. Did she recognize her?

"Huh, Apple Bloom was telling the truth," Scootaloo said.

"Rarity here has chosen to oppose us," Twilight said, "It's a shame, cause I'd love to have one of the Elements of Harmony with me," Twilight touched Rarity's face. All Rarity did was glare at Twilight the entire time, "Come along, you two," Twilight said walking off, "We must prepare for the next phase of our plan."

"Don't worry," Scootaloo said, "I'm sure Rarity will be safe. She and Twilight are still friends after all. That's why she isn't dead." Scootaloo walked after Twilight and Trixie. Sweetie Belle walked after them, still looking at Rarity, who kept giving her a look of sadness, and almost pity.

That was enough to make Sweetie Belle resent Rarity even more.


It was morning when Fluttershy got up. Her dreams were on and off all night, neither good nor bad. When she sat up on her bed, she saw Angel hop on the bed and look at her with a worried expression.

"Angel..." was all Fluttershy could manage. He hugged Fluttershy in a manner where she felt he was saying "don't ever scare me like that again".

"Ya awake then?" she heard by the door. Her heart skipped a beat when she realized who that deep voice belonged to.

"M, Mac..." Fluttershy breathed out as their eyes met.

"Yer animal friends helped me make breakfast," Macintosh said stepping aside allowing Mr. Raccoon to bring in a tray of food and set it on the bed.

"Thank... you..." Fluttershy said softly. Apparently her voice was still raw from crying so hard.

"Are ya feelin better?" Macintosh asked walking over to Fluttershy as she ate. She couldn't answer that question, cause she didn't know. She didn't know how she felt anymore. All she knew was that she still wanted to disappear.

"Ya gave me quite a scare," Macintosh said, apparently trying to get her to talk.

"I'm... sorry..." she finally said.

"Ah'm just glad yer safe," Macintosh stated. The emotions from yesterday were building up, and she felt miserable again. She couldn't cry though. She didn't think she could cry anymore.

"I'm... a... burden..." Fluttershy slowly said.

"What? Naw, not even," Macintosh said, "Ah'm yer friend, it's mah job ta-"

"I'm a burden to you and everyone else around me!" Fluttershy spoke quickly, "All people ever do is worry about me and put their interests on hold for me! You, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rarity, all of you would be better off if I just disappeared and you didn't have to worry about me so-"

"Fluttershy, STOP!" Macintosh shouted, stopping her instantly, "Ah worry 'bout you cause Ah care. You've been actin weird ever since the barn incident, and Ah'm worried cause Ah know that ain't you. Trust me, if you were a burden, Ah wouldn't be here." Macintosh put his hooves on Fluttershy's, "What happened ta you. Why were ya tryin ta kill yerself the other day?"

He wanted to know what happened? That would mean telling him about four years ago. Was she ready to tell anyone? Was she ready to tell him.

They were touching. Fluttershy's heart began to race the second she realized that. He was here, in her house, holding her hoof, and asking if she was okay. She began to get that feeling again. The same feeling she always had when they were together. This time though, she knew what this feeling could do. She would hurt him if they stayed like this.

Fluttershy shook her head and pulled away from him, "I... can't..."

"Fluttershy-"

"I'm sorry Macintosh, but I can't yet!" Fluttershy screamed, "I'm not ready to face it again. Don't make me relive it, please!"

He sighed, "Alright, Ah won't force ya. If ya need me though, Ah'm close by, alright?" he got up and walked to the door, "Have a good day, Fluttershy."

He left the room. A few seconds later she heard him close the door. Once he was gone, she threw a pillow at the wall, and threw the tray of food off her bed (it didn't have much left in it anyway). She then punched her bed and screamed in frustration and grief, trying to let all of her emotions out, until all she could do was curl up in a ball and prove herself wrong.

She did have tears left.


"That armor..." Twilight said lying down on her bed still, "You weren't able to remove it?"

"No, Twilight," Trixie said lying next to her, but looking away, "It didn't seem like it was attached to her, but as long as she needs it, that armor won't budge."

"I had no idea that the Elements of Harmony could evolve," Twilight said to herself, "If the others are still alive that could be a problem."

"I failed you, Twilight," Trixie said sadly, "I don't deserve to be by your side."

"Nonsense," Twilight said wrapping her forelegs around Trixie, "You were up against an Element of Harmony at full power, and you were caught off guard by that transformation."

"I also let that yellow one and the dragon escape. If they get to Princess Cadence-"

"I'm not afraid of Princess Cadence," Twilight said, "She may be a princess, but I'm a lot more stronger than she is. But you raise a valid point," Twilight got up and walked forward a bit, "Apple Bloom may be a menace if she's left to do as she pleases," then she was hit with a realization, "And if she get to... No... NO!" Twilight shouted slamming her foot on the floor, "I won't let her have him!"

"Have who?" Trixie asked.

"The only pony who ever truly understood me," Twilight said, "Trixie, we have to get to Fillydelphia! He belongs to me! No one else can have him!" She shouted running out of her room and into her study. She had to get stronger. She had to stop Apple Bloom.

She had to protect her brother!