• Published 25th Aug 2012
  • 859 Views, 1 Comments

Tiempo de Vals - FALG



That waltz made our feelings stronger.

  • ...
2
 1
 859

Prologue - Expectations

"So, what do you think we'll find in Ponyville?" asked the older brother.

"Pretty much what the booklets and newspapers talk about it." the younger said.

"But don't you have a little imagination? Don't you expect something besides that?"

"Not really."

The rest of their trip to their new home went silent, both started to get busy with their things to pass time, until the night came.

"What do YOU think we'll find in Ponyville?" the younger asked finally.

"Well, hopefully a group of friends to hang out with." the older replied.

"But you aren't looking for just friends, am I right?"
The older kept silent for a while.

"You are both right and wrong." he said.

"How am I both?"

"Because I always look for something else than friends, but I'm starting to think I haven't got what it takes to last more than a few months."

"Oh come on, mares like you for no reason, well besides being handsome and pretty. Why do they even end a relationship with you?"

"Maybe because I give them a reason to like me?"

"That doesn't make any sense."

"Do you have a better answer?"

"Uh, no."

"Neither do I, brother. So I'm sticking with that."


Half hour later, they both laid back to sleep, until the younger one asked out of curiosity.

"Haven't you tried to figure out a better answer?"

"Tsk, it's something I do always." the older answered.

"And all this time you haven't come up with anything."

"The truth is that, whenever I get too close to an answer, it slips away again."

Some minutes passed, and the younger kept asking.

"You won't give up will ya'?"
The older took a deep breath before replying.

"Nope."

"You know you are only hurting yourself."

"I know that, but a warrior never gives up."
The younger only turned to face away from his brother.

"You and your stupid expressions..." he sighed.