• ...
6
 7
 2,507

A Parting of Ways


My Little Pony: The Black Temple


Prelude: A Parting of Ways


The group of equines had gathered in a remote corner of the Everfree Forest. Before them, a swirling portal loomed high. The local wildlife stood there, not in fear, but in a state of hypnosis. The only sound was of the magic energy radiating from the gateway to another world.

Celestia was the first to speak up. “You have brought much suffering to the world, Luna. For that, you can never be forgiven. However, you saved the life of my love. For that I will let you go. But, should you ever threaten my people again...”

“I understand, sister.” Luna said. “Control over this world was never my aim... only power... only the magic. I've lingered here too long. I must go. By aiding you, I have betrayed my new master. If I am not careful, his wrath will be my end.”

“Farewell, sister... Big Macintosh. I doubt out paths will cross again.” “Good fortune to you,” she added in their ancient tongue. The deep blue mare stepped through the purple portal to worlds unknown.

“Fools!” shouted Derpy. “Have you no sense of justice?”

Big Macintosh piped up, “Derpy, Luna has atoned for her crimes! She is no longer a threat to-”

“It's no use, Big Mac.” said Celestia as Derpy Hooves sprinted through the portal after Luna. “She has become vengeance itself, bound forever to the hunt. I only pray that in her zeal, she does not cause even more havoc than Luna.”

“Now, let's go home, beloved. We've earned our rest.