• Published 8th Dec 2011
  • 22,460 Views, 268 Comments

Interview With a Princess - Hoopy McGee



What if you had the chance to ask Celestia any question you liked?

  • ...
21
 268
 22,460

Bonus chapter

Sadly, the Princesses haven't come back to visit me, yet. I've let them know that they're welcome any time, but I imagine that they're very busy these days. Especially if the season 2 finale is in any way accurate. I'm sure they have their hooves full.

Still, folks have been wanting a follow up. So, I thought I would try to amuse you all with a few things that didn't happen during the interview and subsequent Luna visit.

Consider this the "Blooper reel", if you like. And have fun!

~~*~~

"GREETINGS, MORTAL HUMAN! I, PRINCESS LUNA, HAVE ARRIVED AT THE REQUEST OF MY SISTER, PRINCESS CELESTIA OF EQUESTRIA, TO INFORM YOU THAT WE WERE ABLE TO DEAL DISCORD A SOUND DEFEAT, IN NO SMALL PART THANKS TO THE INFORMATION THAT YOU HAVE PROVIDED!"

There was a long pause. In the distance, car alarms were blaring. Several windows had shattered, not only on my house, but on both of my neighbors. Dogs in the distance were howling.

But I was unaware of all of that, seeing as I was now completely deaf.

~~*~~

"Has there ever been a case where a pony simply hasn't manifested a cutie mark?" I asked her.

"No," Celestia said, and then sighed deeply. "Except for Apple Bloom. I'm afraid that filly is destined to remain completely clueless."

"Oh, that's sad."

"Quite."

~~*~~

"What can you tell me about Discord? How did you defeat him?"

Celestia's head reared back in shock, and then she started laughing. Slowly, the laughter changed, becoming deeper and more malevolent. Then came a voice that was eerily familiar.

"Oh, my dear boy. Who said I was ever defeated?" Celestia's body changed, and before me stood the form of Discord.

He looks a lot less silly and much more frightening in real life, by the way.

"Thank you for the invite to your world, by the way. I believe it's time... to spread a little chaos!"

And that's the story of how I doomed the world. Sorry, guys. My bad.

~~*~~

I could sense her gathering her will. I don't know how, but I knew she was getting ready to go back to Equestria.

"Wait! Princess, please, I have one last question..."

She regarded me for a moment, and then nodded. My jaw worked soundlessly for a moment. I struggled with myself, briefly, and I lost. Was I really willing to do this? Was I really willing to ask this, and maybe throw my whole life away?

Yes. I was.

"Can I saddle you up and ride you around the night sky?" I asked. "Please?"

She looked startled for a moment, and then offended.

"DENIED!" she said, then disappeared in a flash of light.

~~*~~

I rushed back out to the living room and stopped in horror at what I saw. On the couch, completely unconcerned with the dignity of the Princesses’ position, and even less so with her grandeur, our big old gray cat had jumped up and nestled herself in by Celestia’s folded up front leg! Celestia was looking at her with a small smile curling at the corners of her mouth.

“Ah… her name is Nadine,” I told her. Nadine didn’t even crack an eye at me as I came in and said her name. She’d found a warm spot and had no intention of moving. “I can move her, if she’s bothering you.”

“Not a bother at all,” Celestia said graciously. “She’s adorable!”

Nadine looked up at her in surprise.

"Holy crap!" she said, "A talking horse!"

~~*~~

"Tell me, Celestia. Do you like bananas?"

"Why, yes, I do! Why do you ask?"

"It's just that we have a bunch out in the kitchen, and we have to eat them up before they go bad. Would you like one?"

"Certainly. Thank you."

Celestia ate her banana, and then we continued with the conversation.

~~*~~

Alternate Ending #1:

It's been months since I saw Celestia. Still, her parting gift to me was more than enough.

I'm divorced, now. My wife thinks I'm completely crazy. Still, she doesn't understand. I had to sell everything. I cashed out my savings and my 401k. I borrowed as much money as I could. I lived off my credit cards until those were maxed out. I'm sure the creditors would love to call and have a chat with me, but sadly, I no longer have a phone. I live in a small storage unit where I keep the few things I owned that I couldn't sell. I can't even afford the crappiest of apartments.

But it would all be worth it. The lab costs, the fees for the horses, as well as the cost of their upkeep... it would all be worth it.

Yes, that feather was the perfect gift. It was a pity that the process to extract the DNA had destroyed it. But now, I had six viable embryos remaining of the original twelve, all of them implanted into different brood mares. And the foals were healthy, as far as the vet could tell.

That was where all of my money went. My entire paycheck went to the boarding and care of those six horses, and the precious foals they carried within. And soon, in just a few month's time, the first of the foals would be born.

My own little Celestias.

And, with them, I will usher a new age of magic and friendship to the Earth.

You're welcome.

~~*~~

Alternate Ending #2:

"Take me with you?" I asked.

"Why, of course! Hold on to my mane!"

With joy, I grasped a handful of Celestia's flowing mane. It felt like grabbing a handful of water, indescribably soft and in constant motion.

Celestia's horn flared, and I was temporarily blinded. Blinking and rubbing at my eyes with my free hand, my vision eventually cleared. Stunned, I looked around to see that I was in Ponyville!

Everything was there. The artistic masterpiece of Sugarcube corner, the bizarre design of the joke shop, the tasteful Carousel Boutique. Not to mention the Books and Branches library, which was to be my initial destination. I was going to hug the ever loving daylights out of Twilight Sparkle!

And, of course, there were ponies. Ponies everywhere, in every shade and hue! They stared at me for a moment, then saw that I was with the Princess. Apparently, that made my appearance all right, as they smiled at me and gathered around to ask me questions.

"What are you?" Bon-Bon asked me.

"Do you like cake?" Carrot Top asked.

"What are those things on the ends of your arms?!" Lyra asked. I waved at her, wiggling my fingers, and she grinned and then immediately fainted.

"This is wonderful, Celestia! How long can I stay?"

Celestia smiled sadly, saying, "You can only stay until you wake up."

"What?"

And then my alarm went off.

Dammit.

~~*~~

Well, that's that! I hope you enjoyed this random bit of silliness.

Of course, none of the things above actually happened. But still, it's nice to dream, isn't it?

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a letter to go write, and then burn.

If the Princesses answer this one, I promise you'll see a real follow up fairly soon!

Comments ( 77 )

For the record: Yes, this means a follow-up is in the works, just as soon as I finish Project: Sunflower :twilightsmile:

An excellent blooper reel, and the implications of nuturing six foal alicorns... :pinkiegasp:

:applecry:

What could have been, and in some cases what thankfully wasn't. Funny stuffs. I look forward to the follow-up.

549378

Fun times, and many headaches, will be had.

"'This is wonderful, Celestia! How long can I stay?'
Celestia smiled sadly, saying, 'You can only stay until you wake up.'
'What?'
And then my alarm went off.
Dammit."
:rainbowlaugh: that sounds like someone would actually dream up

"And then my alarm went off. Dammit."
That has totally happened to me.
And, indeed: dammit.

HA HA. The madness hast been Doubled XD :heart:

Epic blooper reel. Also, YAY SEQUEL!

Awesome. My favorite is Nadine's scene. That's just my sense of humor for you, I guess. :rainbowlaugh:

Oh god I wasn't expecting a follow up to this story, I'm so glad I kept it tracked!!

The part with the cat had me cracking up so hard.:rainbowlaugh:

Sequel! Yay!:rainbowkiss::yay::twilightsmile::pinkiehappy:

:pinkiegasp:!
SEQUEL!!:pinkiehappy::twilightsmile:
:yay:HUZZAH!

Riding Celestia or Luna across the night sky would be pretty damn epic.
How much does an Alicorn cost?
I loved the anticlimactic bannana scene

Sequel? Squeal!

For the love of Celestia, YES!

The bit with Luna made me laugh so hard I woke up my dog . . . and I just laughed harder from there.

This was all I could think.

i47.tinypic.com/2uxz5t5.jpg

That was well worth it. Didn't expect a sequel, but it's certainly welcome.

Celestia ate her banana, and then we continued with the conversation.

:rainbowlaugh:

What would you do if you met the real Celestia? Say hi? Faint? I don't know, but i certainly wouldn't mention Discord. The interviewer was lucky she didn't lower her horn and tear his stomach open or unleash bolt of magic, killing him in the belief that he was an agent of evil. Nah, would have been Luna's reaction, not Celestia.

PS: Please tell me your writing a sequel. Interview with a Dark Alicorn? :pinkiehappy:

You know this one of the best, if not the best story i've ever read.

Well I look foreword to reading the followup. Though I wish it would be a follow up to alternate ending 1. That was somehow both creepy and awesome at the same time. Still great job.

762979

(Old comment is old, but whatever xD )

Yeah, but just "it's magic" doesn't help me very much. I'd kill to know how the magic worked xD To me, saying "it's magic" is like seeing gravity or electromagnetism in action and just go "Eh, it's physics. Don't need to explain more."

And, one of the key ideas in physics is that all laws of physics is the same in all reference systems... Which would be an impossible axiom if Celestias Sun orbited around Equestria, and Equestria and Earth was in the same universe. Hence, they must exist if separate universes for these laws of nature to hold... But if I jsut for fun take this fic as "canon", then the laws of nature in the equestrian universe must be similar enough to ours to allow life from one world to exist on the other; at the very least, Celestia ( and perhaps ponies in general; I am not sure) here, but possibly humans in Equestria as well... Assuming they survived the journey, of course.

Anyhow, it's very late right now, and I may be rambling. Good night! =D

This is kind of random but, how did you increase your font size? (I'm kickin' myself for not figuring it out)

I love that alternate ending #1. Someone should write that as a full story.

"And that's the story of how I doomed the world. Sorry, guys. My bad."

I absolutely cracked up at that line! :rainbowlaugh:

It'll be interesting to see what you write as a follow-up to this - and I'm really looking forward to the rest of Project Sunflower too!

SEQUEL..................MOAR. :flutterrage::flutterrage:

765006

Actually i think it was Luna who explained it in a Fan Fic. Sorry i don't remember the remember the name.

She says that she and Celestia don't physically move the sun and moon(That she admits is impossible) instead they just control its direction. Another words: Think of the sun and moon like boats and Luna's and Celestia's magic are like rudders setting the course with the goddesses at the helm. :pinkiesmile:

946406

While a seemingly solid explanation, once you start looking at it it doesn't hold up, physically. Changing the direction of the sun and moon *is* moving them, you see. As well as, if the sun does not orbit around the earth, then changing it's direction would be meaningless.

A much better explanation would be that they change the rotational speed of the planet itself. Usually, it would be tidally locked with the sun (meaning it's always facing the same side towards the sun... Just like the moon does to us). This would of course kill all life on the planet, so the celestial sisters increase the rotational speed to allow a normal day. This explains how Celestia was so easily capable of taking over Luna's duties... They were exactly the same as before, just twice as much. Of course, it would take a long time for the rotational speed to diminish again, so this theory assumes that teh "raising of the sun and moon each day" is just a formality... THe sisters simple adjust the speed ever so slightly to keep it up.

Moving the moon would be a completely separate thing as well.

This theory is so far the best theory on hos the sun and moon things work in the MLP universe; for the most part, it is consistent with the known laws of physics, with the added layer of magic to explain what physics can't. =D

Celestia looks at Jack and says: You try moving that damn hot ball of gas then come back and say that. . :derpytongue2:

1025626
#1 I am quoting from the story.
#2 I often try to predict where stories might be going.
#3 Given even the change of 1 or 2 being an issue, I always start my lengthy reviews with that warning. Better to have it not be applicable in some cases where I use it then to leave it out where I won't. I don't know where a review will go where I start it, and I wouldn't be reliable to add it just before posting in exactly those cases where it would actually apply.

1025690

#1 That is solely based on the assumption that nobody is going to read the story FIRST BEFORE READING USER COMMENTS which is more than likely what happens. :facehoof:

'Nuff said, and eff you :trixieshiftright:

Apple Bloom! Apple. Bloom. Not Applebloom. I pointed this out to you in Project: Sunflower. Speaking of which -- An update to this after Project Sunflower finishes? Cool!

Just read this entire story from the beginning to the end and I love it! Well put I must say, the interview with Celestia was just truly epic. Oh how I would love to be in his shoes! Even though its a fanfiction, I'm actually half tempted to write up a letter myself and let flames consume it just for the sake of things. Lol :pinkiehappy:

I'm listing this story as a favorite and I absolutely look forward to a sequel.

-Super-Brony12

Alternate ending 1 is pretty interesting. I do not think Celestia would be amused.

wow, this was one of the first FIM stories I read..
Favorited for awesomeness and recordkeeping :twilightsmile:

Yes, that feather was the perfect gift. It was a pity that the process to extract the DNA had destroyed it.

That was literally the first thing that popped into my head when i read the epilogue.....
The potential consequences are.... interesting. Especially if it turned out that all of Celestia's abilities (immortality, magical ability etc.) are a product of her genes and not of Equestria itself.
And then Humanity conquered the multiverse
.....
I'm overthinking this, aren't I?:twilightoops:

I wonder how much time has passed between the first interview, Luna's apperance, and the long awaited Second Interview is? For that matter, I wonder if he'll be in time to tell Celestia/Luna about Chryisallis? He's already foiled one plot to take over Equestria, or at least, averted it sooner than in the other Equestria. Makes me wonder if the Equestria that Celestia came from is different than the Equestria we watch. Argh. Infinite Multiple Reality Theory. . .

Aww, c'mon! I just read Harmonics and died of d'aww and now I read this and died of laughter!
Can this day get any worse?
...no, universe, stop plotting against me.

Awesome story, but it brings something to mind....
Most interesting part of this story in my opinion: we only saw a portion of what was going on in the episodes, such as Longest Night lasting weeks and being much more harrowing for the Mane 6. I think this could be a seed for a really cool fanfic.

Obviously don't have the universe-crossover, but just a story that retells FiM as it would have happened if it was a mature adventure novel. Probably don't kick up too many twists, but enough so that the reader won't infer the entire story. It could be awesomedl.dropbox.com/u/31471793/FiMFiction/emoticons/misc_TwilightWut.png

549378 "And they all said I was crazy." :pinkiecrazy:

This was great, not quite as good as your Discord one but still amazing. Thank you for another wonderful fic as! This will be the first time I have two stories by the same author within my top five list. I also read your Pinkie one though I did not like it is much but it still had good ideas and interesting concepts. I will now be moving on to project sunflower. I just want to say I hope you keep up the good work!

1397406
No, you are not.

Oh, it's this one! I remember reading it way back in...

My word, has it been that long already?

>>> "Thank you for the invite to your world, by the way. I believe it's time... to spread a little chaos!">>>

Discord suddenly feels a tap on his shoulder. His eyes widen... nopony should be able to sneak up on chaos! The wicked monster feels... something very 'wrong' with the presence behind him... and upon turning beholds... me.

Pupils shrinking to teensy little pin-pricks and shaking like a leaf, the god of chaos and disharmony whimpers in terror, "Well, I'm right f#^&ed, aren't I?"

I grin widely and lean toward him, "Oh completely!"

And I did things to him that were so horrific that even snuff and gore fans vomited and killed themselves when they saw it. (DO NOT HURT MAH PONIES!!!) :flutterrage:

I'm favouriting this for the Bloopers. The Mane story was nice but the Bloopers cinched it.

Ooh, this is nice.

Why did I love the bonus chapter so much more then most of the stories I have read so far? O.o :applecry:

2407166

Because it's crazy and original, a place where surprisingly few fictions dare to tread. :pinkiehappy:

That was where all of my money went. My entire paycheck went to the boarding and care of those six horses, and the precious foals they carried within. And soon, in just a few month's time, the first of the foals would be born.

My own little Celestias.

And, with them, I will usher a new age of magic and friendship to the Earth.

You're welcome.

This was brilliant. Sheer brilliance Hoopy. Hah

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a letter to go write, and then burn.

If the Princesses answer this one, I promise you'll see a real follow up fairly soon!

I imagine if you really left you wouldn't be doing much more writing. x)

And, with them, I will usher a new age of magic and friendship to the Earth.

I'd read story like that.

"Tell me, Celestia. Do you like bananas?"
*Smirks*

Login or register to comment