• Published 22nd Aug 2011
  • 3,379 Views, 7 Comments

Evaporation - CarlG

  • ...
 7
 3,379

Separation

The effect was immediate, and the room was bathed in a eerie green light.

Twilight was passed out on the floor, Spike rushed to her aid. Trixie, squeaked and ran.

Spike yelled, "You are going NOWHERE Trixie."

Trixie, white with fear, nodded.

Spike attempted to drag Twilight to the nearest chair.

"Trixie! Help!"

Trixie went over to Twilight and helped drag her into the chair.
===
Twilight woke up with a jolt. "Where is Fluttershy?"

Twilight could no longer hear Fluttershy's thoughts, but Fluttershy was not in the room. Trixie and Spike shrugged.

"Well, the where the heck could she be?"

"We don't know Twilight! After the spell, nothing appeared to happen, but you got knocked out." Explained Spike.

"Well we should start looking shouldn't we?"
===
Fluttershy woke with a headache.

All she saw was a gray blur. Then she heard a familliar voice.

*Gasp* "Oh hi Fluttershy!"

"Umm, Pinkie? Where am I?

"Oh, you shifted in the fourth spatial dimension! Learning to move in Behta, and Zehta I see! Due to the fact that we are moving in the fourth dimension, we are no longer on Equestria!

"What?"

"Oh silly! There are four dimensions! Latitude, Longitude, Altitude, and now, in the fourth dimension, Partæitude as I call it! OHHH! I JUST REMEMBERED! I have a PARTY in a few days! Wanna come!?!?

"Pinkie, I'd like to get back to my usual spot in the fourth spacial dimension! On Equestria! If it's ok with you..."

"Oh silly, we are stuck here! There is no way back until you understand how to move in Behta and Zehta!"

Fluttershy's mouth was agape. Never before had she felt so scared. Her lips trembling, she asked "C-c-could you teach me?"

"This is going to be so much fun don't you think 'Shy!?

"Umm sure.."

Pinkie's hoof suddenly jerked and dissapeared. Her hoof reappeared, with a box of markers. She started drawing three dimensional shapes in mid-air. Okay, first you nedd to understand the basic theory. A: When there is teleportation, the performer ALWAYS moves in the fourth spacial dimension, whether they are aware, or not, in order to minimize movement in the first three spacial dimensions. B: You can easily end up in a multitude of alternate universi if you forget wher in Behta and Zehta you are. Those alternates may be disturbing. How do you think Twilight ended up on 'Earth' at one point? Earth and our world are in the same coordinates for the first three dimensions, but on the fourth dimension, that is where we differ. ANYWAYS, LETS PARTY! This sciency stuff is making me bored! Now follow your big sister Pinkie to my house out here!"

"But we are not sisters... How do you know all of this? Could you tell me? If that's all right with you."

"Well let me TELL you! Well, when I first got my mark, I was so happy and super that I managed to move elsewhere in the fourth spacial dimension, letting me discover this place! I found you passed out, so I moved you to my house."

Fluttershy began to see different colors, including colors that were impossible. The gray around her was giving way to to a brilliant mansion. Fluttershy's jaw hit the floor.

"So how do you like it?"

Fluttershy could not speak. She was in awe of the amazing structure unfolding in front of her. Fluttershy attempted to look in 4 dimensions, she saw nothing, which meant either nothing was there, or she couldn't see anything still.

Fluttershy finally responded "It's nice..."

"Oh that's great! I'm glad you like it!! I should give you a tour!"
===
"... And that's the astronomy tower!"

"Pinkie, how did you build all of this?"

"Just my little friends! Come over here Ra'maic*!"

Tiny, sprightly beings came over to Pinkie. Fluttershy had never seen anything like them. Fluttershy made a mental note to be cautious, she had learned with parasprites that cute things could be evil. She reached out to touch the things then they withdrew, made a deep hissing sound, and scattered.

Pinkie started calling out "Come back! Fluttershy would never hurt you! She is the kindest pony there is! Well except for the time Discord possessed her but that's not the point!!!"

Pinkie was near sobbing. She had worked so hard for so long to gather all of these little creatures up. She felt a sudden anger towards Fluttershy.

"How could you! You ruined A HUGE amount of time I spent trying to find these Ra'maic. I hope you're happy. Goodbye!"

And she disappeared. Fluttershy had never felt this alone. She was trapped in a strange place she didn't understand, and had upset the only pony that could help her. What could she possible do? She slumped onto the chair inside the closest room. Sobbing convulsively, She thought in broken bursts.

But---I didn't mean---Pinkie---

Her sobs continued, and filled the room, louder then anything else could have possibly been in Fluttershy's mind.

She wandered around the huge dwelling, half awake, eyes glazed over, still only thinking in short phrases and words. She was barely aware that she had almost fallen down huge pits several times. Eventually she managed to come to the astronomy tower. How quick it would be. She took a step forward, and expected to fall, then be killed instantly on impact. Instead, she hit the ground and bounced up, as if it were a trampoline What was wrong with is place? What cruel world was this? She was trapped here. unable to end it. She wanted it done. Over. Gone. Dark. She started looking around for anything possible. She started looking for a kitchen. She would have preferred a quick and painless end, This would be long, drawn out, horrible, and bloody. She finally found a kitchen. There was a lone knife. Perfect for steak. Just waiting for use. She made her way over. Picked up the knife with her forehooves, and proceeded to make a long cut along her back leg. The pain hit her like a bucket of ice water. It shook some sense into her. Why was she doing this? With a new found determination, she left the room, and tryed to find a way to contact Pinkie.
===
Pinkie was running around different parts of the 4th spacial dimension, trying to gather up the Ra'maic. She was so mad at Fluttershy, but she knew that it was pointless in nurturing a grudge. She would still leave Fluttershy to her own devices for a while. Just because she was not holding a grudge didn't mean she couldn't be mad right? Fluttershy would be perfectly fine at her residence. Nothing could possibly hurt her.

Pinkie continued to search for her little friends. They were ever so useful in building. always had what you needed when you needed it. Come to think of it, how? they were tiny little sprites, barely the size of her hoof, yet they could still erect huge structures such as what she had designed? Is it possible that these little creatures could be a menace, or helpful? Pinkie preferred to think of them as helpful. Just treat them right and you'll be fine. But... What if ponies on Equestria were to NOT treat them right? what if they were mean to them? what if---? A million different questions ran through her mind. She decided it would be a terrible idea to reveal the existence the tiny sprites to Equestria. The ponies wouldn't be able to handle the power. Chaos would ensue. Is it.. Could it be? Were these Ra'maic Discord? Pinkie had never seen one before discord had shown himself. She had just used her own hooves to build a small house at first. Pinkie had to go back and find Fluttershy. That instant. What if the Ra'maic had gotten a hold of her? That would be the sure end of her.
===
She ran headlong into a blood splattered Fluttershy. "Fluttershy!" She exclaimed with a horrified gasp. "Did the Ra'maic get a hold of you?"

"What? No, I did this to myself. I wanted it to end, I was mentally lost, and I felt there was nothing else to do." Fluttershy had never spoken with such conviction. She still had adrenaline pumping through her veins from when she cut herself.

"I'm so sorry... I should never have left you alone. I overreacted. Please, forgive me."

"Y-yes Pinkie, I forgive you."

---AN---
*Ra'maic is plural AND singular. Also: Ra-mae-ic

This chapter was inspired by a fic called "To the Nth dimension" you should find it on EQD

Yes, I am a lazy bum. School don't leave me time nuf to do this often.


(And no, I have NO idea where this is going, I just let it write itself)

Oh my, It went grimdark, I'm awfully sorry, I had NOT intended this :(

And yes, I know I take a bit of liberty with Fluttershy and Pinkie's personalities. But hey, It's hard to write such sad fics in character perfectly.

I need to stop reading my own fic. I make me sad. what is wrong with me? Oh I know, in10secondsflat/ dean moore/ yoyofoot is the problem...


And the last 1200 words I did in one night. when the pen, was VERY hot.

I just reread this. I feel terrible for that depressing paragraph :/

Comments ( 1 )

4663

Thanks! (i think?)

Login or register to comment