• Published 24th Feb 2017
  • 4,088 Views, 18 Comments

Life of Two Worlds - Unanimous123



After Princess Twilight gets trapped in the Human World and Sunset has run off. Princess Twilight will now have to piece her life together in this strange new world.

  • ...
7
 18
 4,088

A New Day in the Crystal Empire

It was a new day in the Crystal Empire. The pegasi had made a rainy, dark sky that completely reflected how Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash felt. After the five of them trotted into the crystal dining room they saw Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, and Princess Cadence around a table having breakfast and waiting for them. All of them stared awkwardly at each other for a while. Pinkie’s mane had lost it’s poof and was flat, Rarity’s mane looked like she had been through a tornado— clearly she didn’t get any sleep. Rainbow Dash looked like typical Rainbow Dash except for the fact that she was about to fall asleep on the table. Applejack looked devastated and Fluttershy looked as if she could cry at any minute. Princess Luna didn’t look so bad, since she was the Princess of the Night, but her eyes were blotted with tears. Princess Cadence was clearly broken-hearted as she dejected looked around the room. But strangely Princess Celestia was the only one who didn’t show much grief.

The silence in the room made the atmosphere very uncomfortable as the air was heavy with unspoken grief Rainbow Dash broke the silence.

“We have to find a way to open the portal. We need Twilight back.”

Princess Cadence and Princess Luna both teary eyed turned to look at Princess Celestia expecting an answer. Princess Celestia shook her head.

“If it was possible to keep the portal open Star swirl would have done it thousands of years ago. I think we all have to accept the fact that Princess Twilight won’t be back anytime soon.”

Shock crossed the faces of all the ponies around them. It didn’t seem right for Celestia to abandon her student and another princess so easily. The Twilight’s friends thought hard for anyway that Twilight would be needed in Equestria. Rarity spoke up, “But what about the Elements of Harmony, it needs all six of us to activate.” After hearing these words five ponies looked at each other and nodded in agreement

Celestia calmly replied, “My sister and I were able to activate the Elements thousands of years ago to defeat Discord. I’m sure that since Princess Twilight was able to return the sixth Element of Harmony to Equestria my sister and I will be able to wield their power once more.”

Rarity looked like she was going to pass out from shock. She could swear she heard a subtle amount of malice in the princess’s word’s. Celestia sure was acting strange. Applejack opened her mouth to say something but she was cut of by Princess Celestia.

“Twilight was our dearest friend, but we all have to move on now. We won’t see her for another 30 moons and she wouldn't want us to be depressed or upset about it.”

The mane five looked away from each other and pondered on whether it was the right thing to do. As they looked at the walls of the crystal castle they were reminded of how all of them had worked together to save this empire and defeat King Sombra.

“You can’t expect us to just forget about her!” Rainbow exclaimed, “Twilight is not dead.”

“To tell the truth, it’s because of Twilight we are who we are today. I reckon’ mah farm would’ve be run by Flim and Flam if it weren’t for her help.”

Celestia put on a fake look of concern as she walked over and put her wings around Rainbow Dash and Applejack. “I know my little ponies that this will be a had transition for us all. But in my time I’ve had to say goodbye to so many young fillies and colts that I held close after they had to leave, but life goes on.”

All of the ponies looked at each other and were slightly shocked by how true those words were, but somehow forgetting Twilight felt wrong.

“I guess we’ll have to inform Twilight’s parents and Shiny,” Princess Cadence softly said looking dejected, “I’m sure Shiny won’t take this well.” she muttered. Cadence took a scroll and quill and from a nearby table and began writing.

•••

Shining Armor was on patrol in the borders of the Crystal Empire. He and his troops had just finished scouring over 300 miles of land through the rain when a scroll appeared in front of his face. Shining Armor commanded his troops to halt as he opened the scroll.

Dear Shining,
Three days ago a thief stole Twilight’s crown and escaped into another dimension. Twilight pursued the thief to bring back her Element of Harmony. Twilight wasn’t able to return before the portal closed, but her crown made it back. We won’t see her for another 30 moons.
Love, Cadence

Shining Armor looked at the scroll in disbelief. After a few moments his brain began to process the fact that he wouldn’t see Twili again in 30 moons.

His troops stared bewildered as Shining Armor broke down and teleported out of sight.

•••

Back at the Crystal Castle, Princess Cadence was just about to finish the letter to Twilight’s parents when Shining Armor appeared out of nowhere.

He slowly trotted over to Cadence clutching the scroll tightly with his magic. Seriously he faced Cadence and pleadingly asked, “Please tell me this is a joke.”

Cadence looked at Shining Amor with so much sympathy as she slowly nodded. That was all to took for Shining Armor to fall to his knees in tears. “WHY?!” he screamed, his voice echoing through the castle, “WHY?!”

Shining Armor galloped to his room and broke down into tears. Cadence was heartbroken. She had never seen him look this upset. Princess Cadence headed over to Princess Celestia.

“Please tell me there’s any way to get Twilight back. I don’t think Shining can handle this.” Princess Celestia shed some fake tears, “I’m sorry, there isn’t”

Princess Celestia couldn’t take anymore of this. She needed to get away from there all of the tears had begun to make her feel guilty. After she spoke to Cadence, Princess Celestia slipped into an empty room.

“Good Riddance, now Twilight will never be more powerful than me.” Celestia said as she let out a small chuckle.

•••

Meanwhile Shining Armor's troops were soaked to the bone in the rain. The sky didn’t look like it would stop raining anytime soon.

One of the soldiers asked, “Anypony know when Commander Shining Armor will be back?”

The rest of the troops just shrugged.

Author's Note:

Hi! I just want to figure out how many of you want Sunset to reform in the next chapter or not. If you have any opinions just post some reviews or send me a note.