• Published 25th Feb 2017
  • 518 Views, 2 Comments

Kimono, "The Beloved" Dragon - maxisscrewed



My name is Kimono. For all my life I have been loved and asked for advice, but why? Why is it so amazing that I know all? I made my Sanctuary after being bitten by that dragon, and now I realize that it is my job to help the future children.

  • ...
 2
 518

Chapter 3 - Old Ponyville, Old Kimono

Old Ponyville was all so rotten and disgusting. Every ounce of life it once held was just gone, left like it was when ponies still lived there. A horrible, creepy vibe lifted from the fog that floated around.

In the center of town, there was a huge Christmas tree and a candy cane at the top that seemed like it used to glow. Far past the tree was an old dusty palace with a drawbridge and ripped, decaying flags. The pink and purple tint on the palace seemed to have faded to a grey color and the pictures on the flags had been warped by time, sadness and weather. A long carriage train was on its side and the flowers were dead all around.

"Oh my Goodness," Rarity whispered, looking around the place.

"Holy Celestia," Rainbow Dash mumbled, taking a few wobbly steps forwards into Old Ponyville. The only thing the girls could hear was the sound of a biwa from deep in the heart of the land.

"What's that," Twilight questioned.

"Some sorta guitar," Applejack noted and Spike hopped off of Rarity's back.

"Come on, follow me!"

"Spike," Pinkie shouted, "how do you know where to go?"

"Just come on!" He tripped over a rock and stood back up as fast as he could, letting the ponies follow him and he stopped at the cherry blossom and marble path which was described.

"Spike, how did you know this?" Spike looked back at Twilight and sighed, folding his arms.

"I don't know." He hesitantly led them down the marble path, stepping as silently as he could. The once bright, plush grass was dead and mushy and the path which used to be white was now brown. The gazebo that was as white as the path was dark brown and cracked, but nevertheless, there sat the purple pony with her biwa.

"Ma'am?" Spike slowly walked up to the gazebo and tilted his head, holding his hands to his chest. "Uh, you probably remember my dad. I'm Pinbroth Gillspotten Heath Spike the Second, but he was Master Pinbroth Gillspotten Heath Spike."

"Master indeed." She stopped playing her lute and the girls stood in shock, waiting and staring at her. Kimono turned her head to see the girls watching her every move and her bright green eyes glittered and illuminated. Her eyes were identical to Spike's, just like a dragon's, and she had long, sharp teeth. One of her front legs was gone, replaced by a wooden prosthetic attached to her scaly stub, appearing she didn't like it's dragon look so she cut it off. Even though she had dark rings around her drowsy eyes, she still found a smile.

Her cutie mark was a depiction of two lanterns that illuminated a soft green in the dark, cold morning and her pelt was light purple, but her mane and tail were uncut for so long and dark purple. They had to have been at least fifteen feet long. "You seven are brave. Especially you, Spike. Even though you knew what happened to Old Ponyville, you still came back." The weary, young looking pony grunted of pain when she stood on her bad leg, limping up to the others. She was much shorter than they were, but still looked like a beautiful young pony. "I will allow each of you one question then guide you back to Ponyville."

"What happened to the others that came before us," Rarity asked.

"I do not know."

"Why did you stay," Applejack asked.

"This is my home."

"Why do you look so young," Pinkie Pie asked.

"I was bitten by a dragon and given immortality and a few dragon powers myself."

"What happened to the others," Fluttershy asked.

"Either old age got them or a dragon killed them."

"Will you come back to Ponyville with us," Rainbow Dash asked.

"Of course. I must show you the way there."

"Will you stay," Twilight asked. Kimono's eyes glistened and the seven stared at her excitedly. "Please, ma'am?"

"Let me think about it."

"I didn't get a turn," Spike complained.

"What is your question?" Kimono knelt down to his height and he smiled brightly.

"Can you show us around Old Ponyville?" The others smiled brightly and nodded, agreeing with Spike.

"Yes. But now I have a question for you."

"Yes," the girls asked in unison.

"Please help me restore my land and let me ask the Princess to have my friends back. I know she has the ability to bring them back, but I have been lonely for a hundred years. I cannot go on any longer. It may take centuries to rebuild, but I will be here...sadly. Restore my land and I will yours."

"Ours? That doesn't matter, you can answer later. Of course we will," Rainbow Dash spat out quickly.

"Anything," Pinkie Pie added and Kimono gave a nod, her long hair falling in her face. "What's your name?"

"One question. I will show you what you want." Then the old, kind pony limped ahead of the other seven, but Twilight bit her tail and stopped her. "Yes?" Twilight squeezed her eyes shut and her horn illuminated. The cherry blossom came back to life, the grass grew plush once again, the brown melted from the gazebo and the marble path cleansed itself. Twilight had to show she was more important than this other impostor.

"Young mare," Kimono whispered, glancing around Sanctuary. It was even more beautiful than when ponies populated the land. Tears pulled at her eyes and a warm, kind smile crept over her face. She limped back to her gazebo and hugged her arm around one of its tall pillars, shutting her eyes. Twilight didn't know that she would make Kimono cry. "Listen to my story, children. I have lived through times you do not know, both hard and good. These are the tales of what Ponyville used to be. Who am I? Well..."

Author's Note:

Spike's full name comes from the G3 movie The Princess Promenade (2006).