• Published 17th Feb 2017
  • 1,156 Views, 18 Comments

Time to Shine - Silver Inkwell



Trixie gets stuck in time, now she has to figure out how to escape.

  • ...
4
 18
 1,156

The Last and Final Day

The Last and Final Day

Well it’s here, the very last final day.

But now I think that I’m finally ready to face my fears.

When the alarm clock blared, I didn’t blast it to pieces, instead I got up, put on my cape and makeup and then looked in the mirror.

“It’s show time,” I said to myself smiling now then, after all, if this was my last da here then I was going to make it my very best one yet.

I went downstairs and greeted my friends with a hug.

“Good morning to one an all!” I said, “If you’re looking for town problems there are none, I know because I checked hundreds of times, anyhow I’m glad to see you all here, especially you Starlight because of how many times that you’ve already died, but you want to know what I say? I say fuck it, let’s just make love right here in front of all my friends, right?” I said.

They both looked at me like I was both crazy and insane, but by this point I probably already was. “Oh, by the way thanks for eating all the oats Starlight, it made for a great town day, anyhow why don’t we go see Princess Luna today?”

“Uh sure thing, but why would that be exactly?” they said now then.

“No reason at all.”

“Trixie, is everything alright? You seem a little bit off and different today.”

“Well of course I am, I have been for ten years now, and you’ve never noticed because I’m the only one who can remember this time loop…”

Suddenly I had an idea, could they remember it like I did?

“Say, would you like to remember the past ten years?”

“Why would that be for exactly?”

“I don’t know, I just feel it would be a lot less explaining on my part.”

“Well I don’t mind, I would love to know what happened.”

“Me too,” Starlight said.

“Alright, fine then, that’s settled, now then let’s go to the castle, shall we?”

Twilight looked around nervously and then shrugged, “Sure thing, why not?”

And with that said they all held hooves and then went to the castle.

I ignored the guards and Celestia and went straight to Luna’s room.

“Well hello there Princess,” I said, “I have a favor to ask.”

“Yes, anything for you, but how did you get into my room though exactly?”

“The door was unlocked,” I said, “Now then I need you to show me the first nightmare that I had, you know, the one that started these nightmare weeks.”

“Yes, of course, anything for you, but why though exactly?”

“Trust me, just do this for me no questions asked just yet, please.”

“Alright, very well then, fine, prepare yourself.”

And with that said she lit up her horn and I went back into my dream.

There I was, standing in a wedding dress with Starlight next to me.

I remember, I thought to myself now as I watched the event unfold.

The priest said his vows, but Starlight said no to me and I tried to plead with her, but then the whole entire crowd started to take her side and object.

And that was when I finally woke up.

“I know what my greatest fear is,” I said, “And I’m ready.”

Slowly I got up as Luna smiled behind me and I went up to Starlight’s ear.

“Starlight Glimmer, I think that I might have loved you ever since the moment that we first met, but there was something I was too afraid to tell you, but after ten years I think that I finally can, will you marry me?”

She gasped in great shock and surprise and then she finally said the magic word as tears of great joy went down her face. “Yes.”

And with that I smiled, finally, I had an answer, and hopefully escape as well too, and as it was I was right because at that moment Jake decided to show up. “Well then, it looks like you finally learned your lesson that I have been trying to teach you for years now, you have your reward and as a bonus here are some potions just in case your friends want to remember the time.”

“Thank you very much,” I said, “But what is the lesson exactly?”

“It’s actually more than one, one was to accept fate and destiny, which you eventually did when you gave up hope, and another was never to deny or hid the truth away from others because you never know when tomorrow might not come around, just remember this well and never forget it.”

“Oh trust me, I won’t.”

“I have no doubt of that, now then I just have one question for you.”

“What is it exactly?”

“Can I come to your wedding, please? It’s been so very long since I have ever been to one before,” he said smiling now then.

“No, you may not, just leave my prize and go.”

“Very well then, but should you ever need me for anything else at all, even an explanation of all of this, or should any pony else just say my name and I will come, after all, you never said that I couldn’t come if they wanted me,” he said with a smile as he suddenly vanished. “Do you want to explain what’s going on here exactly?” Twilight said every confused.

“We’re getting married, and that’s all that you need to know for right now.”

And with that said we spent the rest of the day talking details and planning for it, after all, now that I was free I had to move on with my life.