• Published 17th Feb 2017
  • 1,156 Views, 18 Comments

Time to Shine - Silver Inkwell



Trixie gets stuck in time, now she has to figure out how to escape.

  • ...
4
 18
 1,156

Day 2

Day 2

When I woke up I found myself in my bed at the castle and I wasn’t covered in blood anymore, I was totally completely clean now. No, this was impossible, this can’t be true, but it was. And then suddenly I heard the radio turn on and play the exact same thing as it did for the previous days that I was here now.

The same day, it was repeating itself over again.

But why? It couldn’t be because of Jake, right?

It might be since the last timeline I was in there was no time machine.

Unless I pressed too many buttons and flipped too many switches on the time machine to make me somehow go back in time and always repeat and loop the same day over again. But if that were true what could I do to change the future?

I needed to tell some pony else, maybe the princesses could help me out in this.

Quickly I rushed downstairs not bothering to put on my cape or makeup just like yesterday, I mean on Day 1. Once again I saw Twilight and Starlight say goodbye to Spike and before she could speak I stopped her.

“Yeah, I know, you’re shocked and surprised that I’m down here so early, just take me to princess Celestia in Canterlot for urgent matter, and please, no questions asked,” I said.

Twilight blinked out her great shock and surprise and merely said, “Um, okay?” clearly not wanting to question why this was so just yet.

“So then-,” Starlight started to say.

“No special day all alone, yes, I’m sorry, but we won’t be able to do it tomorrow since I’m stuck in a time loop repeating this same day over again.

She blinked out her great surprise and shock too as well.

“How did you know that I was going to say that?”

“Like I said, time loop, now come on, Twilight, let’s go,” I said.

And with that said she took us away to the throne room of the princess in Canterlot. “PRINCESS!” I shouted once we finally managed to get there eventually, “I need to talk to you about something very important and urgent!”

“Yes, what is it exactly?” she said not even bothered by my sudden outburst.

“Tonight there will be an attack from a void walker, and I’m also stuck in a time loop repeating this same day over again,” I said.

Celestia started to speak after blinking her great shock and surprise.

But I finally managed to eventually stop her.

“Yes, I know, this is impossible, it can’t be true, I heard it all yesterday, or rather today, but it doesn’t matter, your sister will try to stop it and I don’t know what will happen exactly, but I know that you’ll be there to protect your sister, right?”

“Yes, of course, always,” Celestia said, “But I’m still confused about all of this.”

“Don’t worry, if I can change the future and make it tomorrow then I’m sure that it will all be explained to me and you, and all of us.”

“Well I wish you the best of luck with your curse.”

“Thank you, that’s all I have to say about that,” I said.

“Alright, fine then, you may go now if you wish.”

And with that said I smiled and thanked her for her time and then left back home to Ponyville. Once we got back Twilight spoke up. ‘So, no explanation for either of us then?” she said.

“Sorry, no, not yet, maybe tomorrow though.”

“Funny how you say that when you claim to be stuck repeating today.”

“Yeah, well who knows, I might get lucky.”

“Well I hope that you do,” Twilight said.

And with that said she left me alone to be with Starlight.

“So, did your visit go well?” she said.

“Yeah, but I think I should spend time researching this creature today,” I said, “Sorry, but I won’t have any time for you today, maybe tomorrow instead?”

“Yeah, sure thing, whatever you say,” she said leaving me alone to study the books in the great big huge wide vast library. But no longer how long and how much I searched I couldn’t find anything before the end of the day.

There was nothing on that creature, and when nighttime finally came I went over the fountain to see a note left for me by Jake.

Sorry, I won’t be coming back again, so you don’t have to worry about me, and that’s a promise, and I don’t expect you to believe me of course, but if you don’t then you won’t ever be able to win my game, anyhow good luck, Trixie.

She didn’t know why he would leave a note for her, but it was very annoying how he wouldn’t show up and explain it to her in great detail, and she had to explain to the princesses why he wouldn’t be coming, “He’s not coming, he promised not to,” I said holding the note up for them to examine very closely.

“If he says that he won’t come then he won’t, these creatures always keep their promises, it’s one of the only better things about them,” Celestia said.

“Speaking about this thing why couldn’t I find any information on it in the library at all?” I said.

“Because it’s not from this universe, just as the time machine shouldn’t be in any, or a way to travel between completely different worlds.”

“Ah, well, I see that now, but if it won’t come back what does that mean for me and us exactly?”

“I don’t know, it should mean that if you keep repeating your day that nothing bad should happen, but it probably also means that he wants you to learn something that he thinks is very important for you.”

“I wonder what it could be.”

“He wouldn’t say even if you asked, you have to pass his test and game for all of our sakes, but as to why he does this, I don’t know exactly.”

“Well I hope that I can figure out why after I win,” I said.

“Indeed, well then good luck Trixie, and I hope to see you tomorrow to talk.”

“Yes, indeed, I will, if I can ever get out of today.”

“And with that said the two princesses left us to be alone.

“So, that’s over with, do you want to spend some time together alone?”

“That sounds just wonderful, thanks a lot, Starlight.”

“Anything for you my love,” she said smiling as we slowly went back to the castle, but midway there a piano suddenly fell out of the sky and crushed Starlight.

I looked up to see a gray mare shrug her hooves apologetically.

“WHO DELIVERS A PIANO AT NIGHTTIME AND DROPS IT?” I shouted.

“Sorry,” Derpy said, “I just don’t know what went wrong.”

“You should be more careful, one of these days something that you drop could kill some pony,” I said using my magic to slowly and very carefully shift away the debris, “Come on Starlight,” I said tugging her hooves very gently, but she just was stuck there.

“Come on, stop messing around,” I said getting slightly more nervous about her condition now, worried I went over to her and checked her breathing, but she wasn’t, not anymore at least, desperately I tried to use CPR on her, but it was no use, she was dead, I looked up at the mare with tears, “You killed her,” I said, and then I draped myself over her body and cried all night long then.

Author's Note:

That's all I have for now, please wait until Friday (tomorrow)!!!

So stay tuned for more and please comment down below!!!