• Published 17th Feb 2017
  • 1,156 Views, 18 Comments

Time to Shine - Silver Inkwell



Trixie gets stuck in time, now she has to figure out how to escape.

  • ...
4
 18
 1,156

Prologue

Time to Shine

Prologue

Trixie took a very long slow deep breath in.

Okay, you can do this, you’ve got this thing, I thought to myself.

I grabbed my cape and slowly put it on, okay, you can do this, you’ve got this.

I took another deep breath in and then saw my cue, “It’s show time,” I quietly whispered to myself as I went onto the stage to face the whole entire crowd of loving and adoring fans. “Thank you!” I said taking a very deep bow, “But please, hold your applause until after the end of the show, but if you must then I won’t stop you, after all, I am Trixie the Great and Powerful!”

As I said this last part I threw some smoke bombs onto the ground and then reappeared somewhere else for my first act. “For my first act, I will be doing…”

“You suck!” some pony shouted out loud in the crowd.

“Yeah, Twilight Sparkle is a way better pony at magic than you’ll ever be!”

“No, please, that’s not true, please stop!” I shouted out desperately, but my cries fell on vain ears as all the ponies booed and threw food at me.

“No, I’m better now! I’ve changed! My best friend Starlight Glimmer showed me the real true value of friendship!” I said trying to reason with them, but they wouldn’t listen, and that’s when I tried to hide from them by running away, but they chased me, they always did. But that’s when I heard a very familiar voice again, “ENOUGH!” Princess Luna shouted as all the ponies suddenly vanished along with the stage too leaving us on a wide-open grass field under the moon.

“I’m dreaming again, aren’t I?” I said sighing as I sat down on the very soft freshly trimmed green grass, it felt so real even though it was just a dream.

“I’m afraid so, it’s getting worse now, isn’t it?” Luna said coming over to my side and also sitting down.

“Yes, I’ve been having the nightmares for three weeks now, and I just don’t know what I can do to stop or change them, can you help me out?” I said.

“I can only do so much to help you out, but know this, you can always change for the better even if you only start out tomorrow, it’s never too late to start changing, I learned this very valuable lesson from the ones who freed me from my eternal nightmare state, you can change too as I once did so long ago, and while the pathway may not be very easy and may be long, in the end it, will be worth it, for example I am now loved and valued and treated as I should be, and I’m very glad for that, but I have something even more important too as well, the love and attention of my sister, don’t make the same mistakes that I once did, learn from the past and keep moving on, but don’t try to run away from your problems, just face them head on instead,” Luna said.

“But how can I face my problems when all I’ve been doing my whole entire life is running away?” I said.

“I know your past and I can only advise this, talk to your very best and closest friend first, start with them and then work your way onwards, okay?”

“Yeah, sure thing, you’ll come back though if I have another nightmare again, right?”

“Trixie, I will always return to those who need my help, that is what I have promised you and many others before you as well too, but I hope that you may have a good night’s sleep in the future, rest well and face your problems and we will see if you need my help again at all,” Luna said with a smile as she got up from the grass and slowly started to fly away. “Remember my words well.”

And with that said she slowly faded out of the distance and my sight, and that’s when I suddenly woke up to hear my typical music playing again.

It was “Wouldn’t It Be Nice?” by the Beach Poniez.

Ugh, why couldn’t it be something else like “I Got You Babe”?

I groaned and quickly switched the radio off.

Great, another day, another annoying pop culture hit song.

Same old usual stuff and things, nothing new, nothing strange, nothing unusual, nothing weird at all, well not at the moment at least.

Boy was I sure in for a great big shock and surprise then.

I slowly groaned as I went around the castle looking for the kitchen, where was that thing anyways? I needed my morning oatmeal with apples.

I saw that Twilight and Starlight were already there eating breakfast when I did finally manage to get there eventually. “Well hello there, Trixie,” Twilight said greeting me very politely and nicely, but I doubted her kindness and generosity since it was mostly due to the hard efforts and time and energy of my best friend Starlight Glimmer that I was even allowed to stay here in the castle.

“Hello there,” I said walking over to one of the cupboards and pulled out the oatmeal so find and see that it was completely empty.

“Why’s the oatmeal gone?” I said holding it up for them to inspect.

“Sorry, that would be me, I took the last of it,” Starlight said with a very nervous smile. “That’s fine, it was about time to refill it anyways,” I said sighing as I put it down on a counter, “The only question now is who should go get it?”

“Well it’s my castle and you’re my guest, I’ll go get it of course.”

“Well that’s very nice of you Twilight,” I said.

“No problem, after all, what are friends for?” she said smiling as she grabbed her bag full of books and pens and quills (what was it with that pony and her books and writing tools anyways?) and then she started to leave before I stopped her.

“Uh, I was wondering if I could spend some time with Starlight all alone today, I mean I know that you want her to continue in her friendship lessons, but I think that I actually might have a new one for her, and wouldn’t it be nice if she could spend some more time with her best friend?” I said.

Twilight put her hoof to her chin and contemplated this for a very long moment.

“I suppose that you’re right, I guess that I’ll allow it I suppose, but make sure to be back here at the castle before dark, okay?”

“Yeah, sure thing, why though exactly?”

“I have something very important to show all of you and my other friends too as well, so stay safe and have some fun!” she said as she left the castle.

“Well, at least that’s taken care,” Starlight said coming over to me on my right side and placing her left hoof over my body in a very seductive and romantic manner. “Yeah, we can finally get to spend some time alone together.”

“Yeah, and we can have some fun if we want to, have any good ideas yet?”

“No, I only have great ideas since I’m powerful,” I said putting my own hooves around her body and turning towards her with a smile on my face, “And I know just how to start,” I said leaning over to kiss her very gently and softly.

Starlight started to pull me towards her closer making our embrace tighter as we now stood opposite of each other yet so close as well too, but I stopped her, “Hey, I don’t want to go there just yet, remember I like to take things by surprise and shock, but I don’t like it very much when some other pony else tries to fool or trick me instead,” I said.

“Sorry, I just thought that after a month of dating that we might just be ready for it, you know, because we’re still friends and all, right?”

“Sure we are, we’re the very best of friends, with some slight benefits included.”

“Oh I like how your naughty little mind works,” Starlight said looking very deeply into my eyes as I did with hers too as well.

“Are you sure that we won’t be disturbed if we do it?” I said very nervously looking around the castle. Starlight laughed a little bit before eventually managing to respond. “No, Spike is going to be doing a boy’s game with Big Mac and Discord, we’ll be just fine, no pony else will disturb us if we don’t want them to do so,”

“Oh, well that’s just wonderful and excellent, because maybe I’ll just show you how amazing and awesome my whole entire world is later on,” I said licking my lips in a furious seductive passion. “Well only if you’re ready for it, but do you think that we should tell Twilight and the others that we’ve been dating?”

Ah, there it was, the question that I feared and had been running away from, should I tell other ponies one of my greatest darkest deepest secrets and fears?

Should I tell them about us? I wanted to say no and wait just a little bit longer, but then I remembered Luna’s words, okay, I had to face my fears no matter what the cost was. I sighed in defeat, “No, not yet, let’s talk about it tomorrow first okay? We can talk in detail about it.”

I waited for her answer and hoped that she would accept it, oh please do accept it, I thought to myself in my head.

She sighed in defeat, “Fine then, I’m just glad that you actually want to talk it about it now, you’ve been running away from this problem for over a month now, and speaking of problems is something bothering you lately?”

“Yes, the nightmares…”

Her smile suddenly turned into a frown as she lifted my chin up to let my face stare into her eyes, “Are they still bothering you?”

I slowly nodded doing the best that I could do.

“It’s getting worse, isn’t it?”

I nodded again.

“As there anything at all that I can do to help you out?”

“Maybe, I really honestly don’t know…”

“Well maybe you should try to let others in your life and heart so they can help you out, what do you say, do you want to try to improve and be better?”

“Yes Starlight, I do, I really do, I just don’t know how to though exactly…”

“Then maybe you should take my advice and let me teach you.”

“Alright, fine then, you win, what should we do first though exactly?”

“Well I was thinking about going through town and visiting all of your favorite spots, locations, and areas,” she said.

“Really? You would do that for me?” I said lifting my face up so that she didn’t need to hold it anymore. “Yes, of course I would, after all, what are best friends for?” she said putting her hoof behind my head making me look into her eyes.

I slowly started to smile finally recovering from my great shock and surprise.

“Thank you, Starlight, you’re the best marefriend that a pony could ever possibly ask for,” I said smiling as I slowly leaned over and kissed her again.

We stood there in our embrace kissing for quite some time until Starlight finally manage to break us apart, “Okay,” she said smiling and trying to stop her bursts of laughter from coming out, “Let’s not stand here all day just kissing each other and making love, let’s actually go out and explore now, shall we?”

“Yes, of course, my love,” I said taking her hoof in one of my own and thus we walked out of the castle together hoof in hoof held tightly together.

We explored the town first going to a concert being held by Octavia and even I had to admit that she was quite impressive, grand, and great too as well.

Other adjectives varied depending upon the pony, don’t believe me? Well just ask Rainbow Dash then, she would probably use awesome, amazing, cool, and radical as well too to describe her performance. Anyhow after that we went to the park and sat on a bench together just watching nature, we also saw Lyra and Bon Bon there too as well, but oddly enough Lyra was sitting upright and not sideways, weird and strange, I thought to myself after we left.

We didn’t get the chance to speak to them sadly enough, but after that, we went to my favorite restaurant and had my favorite meal.

“Oh my, this is just wonderful,” I said midway through the day and our meal, “But you really don’t have to do all of this just for me.”

“Oh don’t be so silly and ridiculous, I would do anything at all in the whole entire world for you my love, so why don’t you just sit there and enjoy yourself?”

“With you here always at my side I already am,” I said smiling as I dove right back into my food as she smiled and merely just watched me eat in my own bizarre eccentric way and even had to stop herself from laughing out loud.

After lunch, we went over to Fluttershy’s to have some tea and care for the animals. After that, we went over to the spa and stayed there until the time finally eventually and slowly approached dinner time. And then we went to dinner at the same restaurant before and enjoyed ourselves there. And then finally we went back to the castle as the moon slowly rose behind us as we talked together.

“That was just the most wonderful perfect day that I have ever had,” I said.

“I know one way that I could make it even better for you,” Starlight said smiling very seductively as she winked one of her eyes. I laughed very slightly at this.

“No, still not yet I don’t think so at least,” I said.

“Why not? Don’t you want to explore and know my whole entire world? After all, I may not be good at theater, but I think that I have a few tricks up my-,”

“I’m not going to let you finish that thought or sentence,” I quickly interrupted.

“What? I was only going to say sleeves even though we don’t normally wear clothes, which technically means that I’ve already seen you naked so…”

“That would be a good great start to having sex?” I said finishing off her sentence.

“Yes, precisely what I was going to say exactly.”

“Look Starlight, I can understand why you want to rush this, you don’t like waiting for things that you really want, but you’re just going to have to.”

“I know,” she said with a very slight sigh, “But I can live with that.”

“Good then, now I think that we should go inside and see what Twilight has to show us, shall we?” I said holding my hoof out for her.

“Gladly my love,” Starlight said taking my hoof as we entered the castle together.

“Right on time,” Twilight said once we entered the front castle doors, “Follow me and I’ll show you to my very latest and most recent science project, I think that you’ll find it very exciting and interesting!”

“I highly doubt that I will,” I said slowly following her.

“You won’t if you keep thinking like that way,” Twilight said winding us through a maze of doors and hallways. “Where is this thing anyways exactly?” I said.

“It should be around here somewhere…”

“You really should consider getting a map for this place for all of us,” I said.

“Or some signs instead,” Starlight said.

“Ah, here we are,” Twilight said opening the door to reveal something covered in a very bland tan fabric and cloth. “Behold my invention!”

“Uh, what is it exactly?” I said as she went over it ready to tear the cover off.

“Well I was considering calling it the TARDIS, but that name is already taken, so instead I tried to think of something else and I finally managed to do that and eventually I did, behold the Time Machine!” she said taking the cover off to reveal a machine that I couldn’t make any sense of. “I did consider calling it the TABITHA, but the name still just wasn’t good enough yet, so I just decided to make it the TM9000 instead, don’t ask me why.”

“Uh, what does this thing do exactly?” I said walking over to it and tried to touch it before Twilight suddenly was in front of it to defend it.

“DON’T TOUCH IT!!!” she shouted very loudly, “Even I have no idea what it does yet exactly, in theory it should take any pony backwards or forwards in time, or it could do something much worse instead that could have enormous consequences! This machine has to be handled very carefully by a professional just like me, pressing many various random buttons cannot be done and it is not a toy, it is a very highly deadly machine that is to be used solely for science!”

“Well, that doesn’t sound very fun at all.”

“It’s not supposed to be for fun, it’s supposed to be for science instead!”

“So what do you have planned for this machine anyways? What are your hopes, dreams, and ideas for it?” I said.

“Hopefully this thing will win me a Nobel Peace Prize Award and then I’ll be recognized as the greatest scientist in the whole entire world!”

“Aren’t you sort of that already?” I said smiling.

“Ha-ha, very funny, no I’m not actually, but I soon will be!”

“Yeah, well quick question, if this thing allows you to go the past could you change the order of events?”

“Well I don’t know for sure exactly, but time is supposed to be fixed so probably no, but then again you might be able to change some of the details.”

“Is there a limit to how far forwards or backwards you can go?”

“No, there isn’t actually.”

“Well, could this machine allow you to repeat the same day over again until you finally made it just right and perfect?”

“You mean the time loop function setting? Well technically yes.”

“And you thought that it would be a good idea just to have this machine and not destroy it so that way no villain that you fight ever has the chance or opportunity to steal it?”

“I guess that you make a very fair point, I probably should destroy it.

I mean I don’t even know what came over me exactly when I first thought of this and actually really started to build it.”

“You don’t have to, you just have to fix your mistake now.”

“Should I also burn the notes on and about it too?”

“Only if you want to, it’s your invention after all,” I said smiling.

“Huh, I guess that you’re right,” she said, “Well I sure am glad that you finally managed to eventually talk sense to my reasonable logical side, which is very odd, strange, weird and unusual, since usually I’m the one who talks sense into others.”

“Yeah, what you said,” I said as she went over it and started to flip switches and buttons, but before she could finally finish the whole entire process there was a very large explosion outside. “I wonder what that could be,” Twilight said quickly ignoring her machine as she went outside.

“Probably another monster, you can probably take care of it within the time length and span of thirty minutes, right?” I said.

“I’m not so sure about this time,” she said pointing at it.

The creature in question was Luna, and she was fighting something very dark that looked like it was a human. “Princess Luna!” I said shouting to her very loudly, “What’s wrong exactly? What is that thing?”

“A creature of both Nightmare and Shadow, it comes from another universe, but it should not be here, it is causing ruptures and cracks in the very fabric of space and time and reality as we know it, there is no stopping it since it is already dead, only a keeper of death or time could possibly stop this thing.”

“But why can’t you? You’re a princess with great power!”

“Not that much as you might think, and certainly not enough to defeat this thing.”

“Wait, you said that a keeper of time could defeat this, what does that mean exactly?”

“One who can control time or death, duh. My powers of darkness, dreams, shadows and nightmares can only hold it off for so long.”

I smiled, “I have an idea!” I said rushing back inside the castle.

“No, we are not using the time machine!”

“Why not? We can fix this before it even ever begins!”

“Messing with time always has consequences, if you do this then you might not be able to ever undo it.”

“I don’t care, I want to show you that I’m ready to be trusted by saving this whole entire town for once,” I said reaching for a switch.

“Wait, please don’t!” Twilight said reaching out to stop me as Starlight also tried to do the same, but it was too late, the switch was flipped and time was no more.

Author's Note:

Ugh, why couldn’t it be something else like “I Got You Babe”?

Reference to Groundhog Day (The Movie of course, duh.)

(GDocs on Google Chrome is only way to go)

Anyhow stay tuned for more and...

Make (time) references (jokes)!!!

(As in commenting down below!!!)