• Published 15th Feb 2017
  • 1,021 Views, 12 Comments

From The Ashes - Horizon Sunrise



Twilight is trapped in an alternate universe because of Starlight Glimmer. She has to find a way to fix this timeline to get back to her own, and learn that sometimes heroes have no choice but to do horrible things, a test on her morals.

  • ...
3
 12
 1,021

Chapter 1: A New World

Author's Note:

Although we always talk about WW2, WW1 did happen and did kill millions too. Those soldiers who fought in those trenches, in the ships, on horseback and in the skies, are some of the bravest human beings to ever exist. Although a little modified, I'm writing this fanfic to commemorate those who died, those who suffered and those who's lives were changed forever because of the trauma of the war.

To all veterans, dead or alive, I salute you. Both in the allies and the central powers. You all were very brave and determined. And we'll never forget the sacrifises you did for your country.

My life is filled with a lot of setbacks. It has changed so drastically from the poor little filly I was, fussing with a lost friend. From cults to time travel, my life have been a rollercoaster of emotions. Especially when that bookhorse came into my life! My ideology was going so well, my own pocket of civilization! And she came in and wreck everything! Then the whole time travel incident… WHY ARE HER FRIENDS SO IMPORTANT! I just don’t get it! I hate the Twilight Sparkle so much! Maybe that’s why I dragged into this mess in the first place.

“...and once I destroy the scroll, THERE WILL BE NO WAY TO CHANGE IT!” I said to Twilight and Spike. They tried to convince my to stop, but I’m not going to. If the cost of making Twilight miserable is the whole destruction of Equestria, I’ll gladly take it.

“Starlight! The scroll!” Spike pointed to the scroll. I looked up and…

“WHERE IS IT TWILIGHT!” I snapped at the ‘regal’ princess. All she did was look at me with those wide and shocked eyes. Those eyes of petty and fea-

Wait… she’s not looking at me.

I looked behind me to see a portal sucking Twilight and Spike in once again. I guess fate does want me to win.

The scroll drifted down to my horn and I teared it into a million pieces and watched them burn in my magic.

I am victorious! And I will shape this world in MY IMAGE!

-

“Twilight? TWILIGHT! TWILIGHT WAKE UP!” I opened my eyes. Seeing Spike’s worried eyes, I hugged him and stood up.

And I thought the universe I brought Starlight to was the worst.

I was standing in a pothole in the ground, the muddy water rose to my body. All around me were miles and miles of Barbed wire everywhere. The surroundings was littered with the smell of rotting flesh and… waste?

I got out of the pothole with Spike on my back. In the distance, I saw a hoof waving at me. The hoof kept ushering me to come to it. As time passed by, the hoof gestures became more frantic and fast. I was soon going to find out why.

I heard something falling from the sky… not just something, a lot of them. I looked up into the sky, and saw thousands of big metal pieces blocking out the sunlight. All of them were heading for me. I was stunned by the horrifying sight of the “cloud”.

“Twilight, we need to go now!” Spike slapped me into reality and I took to the hoof.

Normally I would be flying to safety, but my wings were locked in place when the metal things came down. Running through barbed wire was hard enough, (I had gotten an infinite amount of cuts on my hooves, it hurts… so much), but with the metal things colliding with the wire, it was flung all over the place. One bit of wire even managed to impale itself into my back. I screamed and cried through the wasteland.

Once I reached the hoof, I jumped down the hole it was in and saw a stallion holding a metal stick.

“Hey there, you ok?” He asked.

“Yeah… I’m fin…” I couldn’t finish my sentence before my mind went blank and I collapsed, with Spike following suite.

-

“Twilight Sparkle.” I opened my eyes. I was floating in a white void. This reminded me of the blue void that Celestia brought me into.

“Hello? Where am I? Who are you?” I shouted into the void. It worked the last time I was in this kind of place, why don’t I try again?

Luckily, my prayers have been answered. A gigantic blue outline of an alicorn formed in front of me.

“I am Astral, the god of time!” It shouted at me. “You. Twilight Sparkle. Have been sent to that universe for a reason. You are young and immature. So I have to slap some sense into you.”

“Hey! Mind I tell you I am the princess of friendship.” I argued. How dare he insult me like that.

He ignored my cries and continued. “I will only give you a riddle, you will have to earn your way to freedom from this point forward.”

Earn my freedom? This day keeps getting worse by the second.

“To save all lands
You must give into darkness.
A pure heart will turn grey
When there is no other option.
To fix this world
You must end it where it began,
Before walls crumble and metal rains,
And after you differ friend and foe.”

“That didn’t even rhyme!” That was the last line I said before blacking out once again.