• Published 18th Feb 2017
  • 1,326 Views, 1 Comments

Watching Equestria Burn: A Fallout Equestria Story - ThePrizeKeeper



What happened before Littlepip crawled herself out of Stable 2? Nopony knows, but I have a theory.

  • ...
 1
 1,326

Introduction

A young mare, who had just turned 16, with a white coat, and dark crimson tail, wearing nothing but common stable barding, torn and stained by the horrors of the Equestrian Wasteland, was doing a bit of scavenging when she stumbled upon an old, rotten, wooden shed. It looked crude, but surprisingly sturdy.

It had no windows, only a single door leading into a small room, no larger than four ponies, both in length, and width.
The mare looked around the dark room, only to find it empty, save for a skeleton, which was missing its left foreleg, and hoof, and a chest with a rusted lock.

She walked closer to the chest, being careful not to disturb the corpse at her hooves, and bent down to pick the lock. If the it hadn't been rusted with age, the lock would have been easy, but it took a couple tries, and a few broken bobby pins, to get it open.
Inside, was a Pip-Buck: a very rare find in the Equestrian Wasteland, sitting loosely over the skeleton's missing foreleg. It was in almost pristine condition, an even rarer find, so the mare took extra care in lifting it out of the chest, so the bone wouldn't scratch the device when it fell out. She powered it on for the first time in decades, her eyes being flooded by a very inviting blue sea-blew glow as the Stable Tech logo appeared on the screen, then slowly faded away to make room for the navigation menu.

The mare made sure to look in every single option, finding nothing, that is, except for one. The "miscellaneous" tab. Inside, she found a single item: an Audio Recording labeled: Truth. It dated back a full sixty-eight years. Almost one-hundred and thirty two years after the War. Out of curiosity, the mare played the Audio Recording.
* Audio record from Pip-Buck number 43869.
*Recorded: January 9th, 2027.
*Playing Audio Record.

"I'm recording this one-hundred and thirty two years after the Mega-spells fell. I've been hulled up in this; in this; shack? Cabin? I like to think of it as a cage. Only four walls, and a ceiling, with the only light coming from my Pip-Buck, and my horn.

"I'm leaving this message to anypony who finds it, and I leave it because I want ponies to know the truth about the war, and not just what they've been taught in those. Those Goddess forsaken Stables.

"Currently, the world outside is, well - to put it plainly - Dead. Extremely lethal amounts of Magical Radiation still flood the atmosphere outside, despite it being almost one-hundred and fifty years after the war. Hell, there's enough to kill an entire town ten times over in this room!

"I'm not even sure anypony is listening to this right now, let alone having found my Pip-Buck, but I want to get this out before I go completely insane.

"My name is Shadow Storm. I had my full support out to the "war effort", going as far as working for all six of the ministries.

"I started working with The Ministry of Wartime Technology, followed by The Ministry of Awesome, while it lasted, The Ministry of Peace, The Ministry of Arcane Sciences, The Ministry of Morale, The Ministry of Image, and even Stabletech. That's how I was able to get the nice blue screen on my Pip-Buck. You can go fuck that Apple-Green, it looks too sick. Excuse me.

"This is my perspective on the 'war effort'. Consider it as the closest thing anypony will ever get to the truth. No, don't completely disregard what they've taught you in your Stable "schools." You can use that as the mortar for the brick wall of knowledge your brains are about to build as I tell you this story; my story. The story of me, watching Equestria burn.