• Published 20th Feb 2017
  • 436 Views, 3 Comments

The Tale of the Toymaker and the Dragon - Alfoals Trottenbauer



A little toymaker takes flight.

  • ...
 3
 436

I - Magic

Stuffy cast an animation spell on a toy, then sent it elsewhere in Equestria. She didn't have a job, so she didn't do much those days.

Hopefully a little colt or filly in need got their hooves on it, rather than it going around, disturbing the busy ponies of Ponyville. They had enough things for their manes to go on fringe about.

She usually spent all day like this.

Today was an exception. She was going to see their effect on the world outside her home.

She trotted out the door and further for a bit.

She saw a colt holding the toy she just sent off. He looked as if he never had seen anything so beautiful in all their life, although it was a simple wind-up walking pony.

She smiled at the colt.

The colt looked at the toy's bottom. It said: Stuffy Hearts.

"Do you want yowuh toy back, miss?" He asked, offering it to her.

"No thanks, you can keep it." She said, smiling at him as she cantered by.

She heard him giggle with happiness as she turned away.

She trotted further.

Another kid was playing with a different toy.

She had no idea that any of them were found.

As she explored more, the more about Ponyville she remembered, since she had been inside her home for so long. Day and night she worked, making miniature bundles of joy. She only occasionally looked out a window to appreciate the beautiful night Luna herself had given them all.

She only recently learned anypony enjoyed her works.

There was one in particular she worked very hard on, but that one was at home, sometimes she couldn't let go of certain toys.

She thought of the foals who's parents didn't have the bits for anything, much less getting something to play with.

With this new confidence she trotted back home and worked.

She decided she wanted to make a toy that everypony in Equestria could enjoy.