• Published 22nd Jan 2017
  • 1,627 Views, 7 Comments

Sunset in the Winter - ThePegaKris



Sunset Shimmer just sits down and looks back at all her memories.

  • ...
4
 7
 1,627

Sunset in the Winter

Today is Saturday and the weather is quite chilly. I can tell because I just stuck my head out my bedroom window and felt the cold breeze. It's not snowing, that's for sure, but it seems like a storm is coming. At least now I know to put away my Camp Everfree outfit. It's been a while since my friends and I went there, and if it wasn't for Twilight, we would all be dead. I really need to thank her more when we come back to school on Monday.

I may not be Rarity, but I know that these old clothes of mine look all too familiar. So, I decided to put my Camp Everfree shirt back on because it was one of the only long sleeve shirts I had. All I had to do was wear a thicker jacket and pants so I don't freeze up. I guess I might as well keep the boots that I have on me right now.

I really hope I didn't forget anything. I thought to myself. I cleaned my bed last night, but I just wanted to make sure I have everything that I need before I leave.

I grabbed a scarf off of my desk chair and wrapped it around my neck. I took a deep breath and dusted off the chair, too. Then, I walked downstairs to the front door and opened it. If only my friends weren't so busy today...

There was a fair amount of people walking in the neighborhood as I closed the door behind me. I walked down the steps and headed towards the city. I could take a bus, seeing that there's a stop right there in front of me, but I really gotta stretch my legs out every once in a while. Rainbow Dash recommended this to me a long time ago, as a matter of fact.

Ring, ring, ring. My phone went off and upon looking at it, it was a random number. I reluctantly declined to answer it, despite my overbearing curiosity. I usually don't receive any anonymous calls, except for those random surveys and sweepstakes the operators are sponsoring. They do get very tedious and annoying sometimes. Maybe with my new magical ability, I can sense if I'm being scammed or not.

Walking through Canterlot Park, I see many dogs playing with their trainers, and it just warms my heart. Some of them actually look similar to Applejack's dog, Winona, but none of them are wearing a red collar. Speaking of Applejack, she still owes me one for letting me fix her bass, but I insist for her not to pay me back. Little did I know that I always feel like playing rhythm guitar is like playing bass.

There was a guy sitting on a bench, who was playing an acoustic guitar, and it sounded pretty good. His case was on the ground and it was filled with little to no money. I found myself smiling and walking to him.

"Here you go, sir!" as I handed the guy two dollars.

"Thank you, beautiful!" He replied.

"You're welcome!" I continued to walk in the park and admire the scenery. It was nature at its finest. It's still very cold, but the fresh air, cool breeze, and birds that are landing make this place perfect. Wow, I just sounded like Fluttershy. I never thought I'd say this, but this feels exactly like Camp Everfree, only without magic.

Lately, I've been adjusting my book so half of it would look like a photo album and the other half would still have space for my messages to Princess Twilight. I really do miss her, by the way. Hopefully, the statue better not be broken, otherwise she would not get another chance to visit us again. I'm surprised I haven't checked the portal neither after the Friendship Games, nor Camp Everfree.

Our new Twilight is now fully adjusted to Canterlot High, even after her unexpectedly turning into Midnight Sparkle. Every single student and teacher, including Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna, find Twilight to be one of the best. I should consider letting her take the lead, but I would have to ask Princess Twilight about that. That is, if Midnight Sparkle didn't actually destroy the portal...

As for Pinkie Pie, she's always been...unidentifiable. I know how funny and sweet she can be, but I don't understand how she pulls off very ridiculous stunts here and there. Is she really that weird? Either way, I don't like to judge my friends for who they are. If she's happy, then so am I. I really love all my friends...especially Flash Sentry.

We have only dated for like three years, but the times we had together felt special. I still feel really bad about using him to get more popular, but that's behind me. I'm really curious, however, as to who Flash is interested in now. I think I might've heard him back at Camp Everfree asking me if we could start over again, too. If he's over both Twilights, then does that mean he's into me again? I'm guessing he's also gotten over me turning into She-Demon, but it feels too quick for him to do that. Maybe, I might consider going back out with him when I get a chance, but for now, I hope Flash's taking things pretty well. Every time I see him looking at me now, he blushes heavily.

I left the park and found myself in the downtown area where Rarity lives. Next to Carousel Boutique, there's the exact same cafe that I took Princess Twilight to at one point. If I do come back to visit Equestria, I really expect her to pay me back in bits. It's funny how useless they're worth in this world. I entered the cafe and it had a lot of people.

"Hello ma'am, how are you?" A waitress asked me. "Who's with you today?"

"Just me." I replied.

"Okay perfect!" She said. "Right this way, please!"

The waitress grabbed a menu and lead me to a table with only two seats. "Thank you!" I said as I sat down.

"What would you like to have, ma'am?" She asked me.

"Just a hot chocolate and a veggie burger, please!"

"Absolutely!" The waitress exclaimed. "I'll be back as soon as possible, okay?"

"Thank you!" I saw her jot down what I want and quickly rushed towards the kitchen. It is getting crowded in here, so I don't blame her for hurrying up. I do have a lot of patience.

Looking back, I realize that my friends have really helped me get over my past. I taught the school something as horrible as tyranny, but friendship is what the students really needed. I may not be as experienced as the pony I know and love, but I am getting better and better. I could say the same about the other Twilight.

I still don't know how Twilight was able to put up with Principal Cinch for all the years that she spent at Crystal Prep Academy. Her brother, Shining Armor, keeps telling her that Cinch is the best principal a school could ask for, but she hasn't really been exposed to him, unlike Dean Cadance. It's good now that the Shadowbolts are friends with the Wondercolts, so that finally solves all the rivalry nonsense that has been going on ever since the Friendship Games started.

With the Dazzlings, they seemed as tough as Gloriosa Daisy when she turned into Gaia Everfree. It was Princess Twilight's words that made me stand for up my friends. At the time, the school still hated my guts, but I really did want to step in to save everyone. I'm glad that's all over now and CHS really admired me for saving the day. According to Rainbow Dash, it really is what we do. My friends and I all have redeemed ourselves at some point, but I feel like that's what I'm best at. Redemption is probably my Element of Harmony, if there's even a seventh Element of Harmony. Everybody makes mistakes, but considering the amount I've made, I guess my attempts to make up for my mistakes make me redeeming.

Helping my friends and others is very tiring, but I know that I always have the energy in me to do it. When I do visit Equestria, I have got to apologize to Princess Celestia and tell her about everything. I really am sorry for leaving her without any warning, too. She's probably just as busy as Princess Twilight to even check my messages, though.

"Here you go, ma'am!" as the waitress came back with my order. "Enjoy!"

"Thank you so much!" I said.

Before I could take a bite, I noticed a girl enter with a black hoodie on. There was a patch on her left arm showing a big pink star and five white stars surrounding it. Underneath the hood, I saw glasses that looked so familiar. She rubbed her feet on the rug and shivered a bit.

"Is that you, Twilight?"

Comments ( 7 )

Really good story

This was very well written and very well thought out I loved every bit of this. Very nice job on this wonderful story. :twilightsmile:

I'm surprised I haven't checked the portal neither after the Friendship Games

But she did! Princess Twilight showed up after the ending and talked about being stuck in a time loop, remember?

7887331 Yeah, but after the actual credits rolled, she didn't check it again.

7887338 Why would she need to check it again? It sustained the damage she's worried about before Twilight used it, right?

A sweet little story. :twilightsmile: Great job! :pinkiehappy:

Very good.

Login or register to comment