• Published 20th Jan 2017
  • 1,383 Views, 134 Comments

Realms of Existence - GMBlackjack



The Seven Sided Chest of Chicomoztok holds a secret - a secret that will throw open the gates to the very Realms of Existence.

  • ...
2
 134
 1,383

I - The Will

“Are you certain you are ready?”

The words spoken echoed through the grand empty halls of Yearling mansion. No expense had been spared in the construction of the massive house - the walls were embedded with gold, the finest of carpets draped the floor, and the most rare of paintings lined the halls.

One of them was a painting of the late Starswirl the Bearded; looking down at the world with a stern, yet curious, stare. Twilight Sparkle felt like it was judging her, but for what she didn’t know.

“...Princess?”

“Yes. Sorry.” Twilight said, turning her head to look at the lawyer - a grey stallion whose expression was completely blank. She thought he was named Loose Pages, though she couldn’t tell for sure, seeing as she was a bit preoccupied at the moment.

“Open the door already.” Twilight’s companion, Rainbow Dash, instructed. “No use putting it off.”

The lawyer nodded, levitating a key ring from his side. He held it up before the gigantic looming doors. The doors, like the rest of the mansion, were the most expensive doors money could buy. But in stark contrast to the decorative nature of the rest of the building, the doors weren’t decorated whatsoever. They were thick and industrial, daring would-be trespassers to just try and penetrate their metallic bulk.

The two mares stood motionless while the lawyer inserted one key into the tiny slot that was the keyhole. He turned it with a click and the tremendous doors slowly began to open, kicking up dust as they did so. A few seconds later they stood open, revealing a vault, an enchanted room filled to the absolute brim with treasures. Along the steel walls pedestals stood, glinting in spotlights. Crests adorned the walls themselves, alongside masks, ancient weapons, and bits of jewelry both ancient and modern. Unusually shaped objects sat in randomly placed shelves and the handful of magical artifacts glowed softly in all the colors imaginable, glinting off the piles of coinage scattered around the vault.

Twilight and Rainbow Dash allowed themselves to grin. “This is amazing…” Twilight said. “That? That might be one of Starswirl’s custom wands!” She clapped her hooves in excitement.

The lawyer cleared his throat. “The will says that everything in the room belongs to you two. Take your time.” He let himself out.

“Ookay…” Rainbow Dash started rubbing her hooves together. “What do I want…?”

“Most of this is going in the Canterlot Royal Museum, Rainbow.” Twilight reminded her. “That’s what Yearling wanted, she just never got a chance to sort all this stuff out…” Twilight sighed, reminded once again that A K Yearling - or Daring Do as she liked to be called while adventuring - was gone, her story brought to abrupt end.

Of course that had been months ago - the will itself had only been opened recently, since there was a ‘wait six months to make sure I’m really dead’ clause in it. Even though her body was found the will still demanded they wait.

But now the wait was over, the trusted friends of the author knew her secret, and were given the keys to her vault.

And despite the air of loss surrounding this whole endeavor, the two couldn’t help but be taken in by how awesome everything was.

Twilight lifted up one of the ancient tomes. “...A spell authored by Luna? I didn’t know she dabbled in arcane construction…” Her eyes darted across the page, analyzing the circular spell glyph closely. “With such skill as well…”

“What’s it do?” Rainbow Dash asked, hefting a wing-spear and smirking, fighting an imaginary enemy in the air.

“It appears to amplify a scanning spell to probe the deep heavens…” She whistled. “Pretty impressive work.”

“Ah no way look at this!” Rainbow Dash called. “A dragon warmask!”

Twilight’s ears folded back as she noticed the giant red thing she thought had been part of the wall until a moment ago. “...That’s too big for Torch to wear. What kind of dragon was that?”

“The best kind.” Rainbow said, already having moved on to a glowing crystal-cut vase. It made a warbling noise as she poked it, and she got the distinct impression it was laughing at her.

Twilight picked up a pair of goggles. “No way. One of Meadowbrook’s legendary artifacts. The Goggles of Life.” She strapped the emerald lenses to her head, the entire room becoming grey, save for a few living artifacts and Rainbow Dash, which appeared as a bright green color.”

“Huh. Cool. But you know what I like?”

“What?”

“This globe of Equis that updates in real time!” She said, gesturing at the hyper-realistic globe. “See that storm? It was scheduled to be created about five minutes ago! Look at it grow!”

Twilight smirked. “I do admit, that is pretty neat. You can even see the ash over the Dragonlands…”

“Yeah it’s cool and - oooh look at that!” Rainbow Dash pointed.

“Huh?” Twilight said, following the pegasus’ leg to a round table, upon which dozens of papers were strewn about, all around a black seven-sided artifact laced with an ornate blue lining.

“The Seven Sided Chest of Chicomoztoc!” Rainbow Dash smirked. “I helped her with this one.”

“Ah, the time you met Quibble right?”

“Yep.” Rainbow strode over to the table, picking up the chest. “You know, I wonder why they call it a chest… It doesn’t really seem to open no matter what you do.”

“It appears Yearling was wondering the same thing.” Twilight noted, looking at the pages of notes on the table. “It seems like this artifact confused her the most…”

“Not Aztrot in origin?” Rainbow Dash read from a page near her. “But it was obviously an Aztrot temple we were in…”

“Apparently it’s much older. It features in many of their creation myths, and is said to predate even the first ponies…” Twilight rubbed her chin. “It’s made of a completely unknown material…”

“This is creepy.” Rainbow Dash lifted a photograph off the table It was of them and their friends - Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Fluttershy, Starlight Glimmer, and Rarity. A note was written on the photo. Two earth ponies, two pegasi, two unicorns, one alicorn. Heroes of Equestria. Connected to the Tree of Harmony. This can’t be a coincidence.

“She never mentioned this, did she?” Twilight asked.

“Nope.” Rainbow responded. “But… She is right. We do match up perfectly with what we saw in that temple.”

“Bizarre.” Twilight said, sifting through some more papers, overcome with the need to learn more about what Yearling was onto… There were connections, half-formed theories, and some ideas but no answers.

What was the Seven Sided Chest of Chicomoztoc?

Eventually, she did find something - a sketch labeled the Seven Sided Temple as drawn from ancient description. Her eyes widened at the image - seven pillars sticking up out of the ground with a raised podium in the center. She had seen it somewhere before.

“This is in Yakyakistan.” She said. “I saw it on our last trip, one of the many ruins up there that they don’t know what to do with.”

Rainbow frowned. “Why wouldn’t she have found that out?”

“The Yaks don’t really record things and are prone to not sharing what information they do have - not to mention the place doesn’t attract too many tourists. She probably could have found out eventually, but didn’t have time…”

Rainbow Dash nodded. A grin slowly formed on her face. “Twilight. You know what this means don’t you?”

Twilight levitated the photo of her friends up to her face. “Yes. Yes I do.”

“It’s time to solve a mystery and carry on Daring Do’s legacy!”

Twilight nodded. “I’ll have to call someone to sort this stuff out while we’re gone though…”

~~~

“You sure you want to do this Moondancer?”

“Twilight.” Moondancer deadpanned. “I am barely keeping my excitement bottled up here. Of course I want to do this. There are artifacts in there that the public has never seen - to be one of the first to study and catalog them…”

“Sure it won’t be too much work?”

“I’ll have the girls help me.” Moondancer smirked. “And all I have to do is catalog these things for the Museum and make sure Rainbow Dash’s items get to her house. No biggy. We’ll probably be done by the time you get back.”

Twilight sighed. She hugged Moondancer. “See you around then. We should have lunch when I get back.”

“That’d be nice. Thanks again Twilight!”

“No, thank you.” Twilight giggled. “Bye!”

And with that, Twilight spread her wings and flew upwards towards the zeppelin she had chartered, the Jove, a behemoth of a ship built by the engineers of Canterlot for extreme weather conditions. It was big, orange, and cast a large shadow over the landscape.

Moondancer waved for a few moments. Then she turned to the front door of Yearling mansion, key in hand.

“Ready?” Lyra asked, her voice scaring Moondancer half to death.

“Where did you come from!? I didn’t even ask for you yet!”

“Legendary treasures.” Lyra said. “How could I not be here. There could be evidence.

Moondancer sighed. Great. At least she had some help, crazy as it was…

On the Jove, Twilight closed the hangar bay behind her, shutting out the tremendous winds of the outside air. The cabin was lush - carpet clean, walls draped with curtains, and eight different walled off rooms lined the main hall she was in. It felt roomy, though this may have been because the cabin was meant to house thirty-two passengers, not a measly eight.

Regardless, it was nice. But it wasn’t delicate - the Jove was all terrain, prepared for anything Yakyakistan was going to throw at it. It would serve them well.

“Twilight’s on board!” Pinkie yelled. “Set course for Yakyakistan! HO!”

“Aye aye Pinkie!” Spike said, flipping a lever to activate the Jove’s engines. The airship moved forward, slowly picking up speed in the northerly direction.

Applejack shivered. “Back in the deep, deep snow, away from my farm… Twi, you sure Ah need to come along?”

“We might all be connected.” Twilight said. “So sorry, I needed all of us to be here. I feel like it’s important.”

“Well, the map didn’t send us.” Applejack pointed out.

“Not everything important is a friendship problem.” Twilight observed.

“Are you saying I was a problem?” Starlight said in mock offense.

“Yes. Yes you are.” Rainbow Dash confirmed, balancing the Seven Sided Chest on her right wing.

“Well, harumphadumph then!” Starlight chuckled.

Rarity frowned. “Dear, are you poking fun at me?”

Starlight shrugged. “Wouldn’t dream of it, dear.”

Rarity narrowed her eyes. “Now why don’t I believe you…”

“Because she’s not trying to be convincing?” Pinkie piped in. “Since it’s all a joke?”

“It is rather silly.” Fluttershy observed, speaking for the first time.

Rarity rolled her eyes. “Well, just want you to know I find this mockery most uncouth.”

Applejack and Starlight burst into laughter at this.

“What?” Rarity blurted, confused.

“Ah dunno, Ah seem to recall you mockin’ me an awful lot.”

“That was-”

“Not any different from now.” Starlight observed.

Rainbow Dash chuckled. “Yeah. Poking fun at each other is just part of being friends.”

“You don’t live with Discord.” Fluttershy pointed out. “You don’t know the half of it.”

“Good point. Mine still stands though.”

Rarity sighed. “Fine, I see that a tad bit of good natured ribbing is fine. Though perhaps tone it down a notch or two?”

“Noooo promises!” Pinkie announced. Everypony - and Spike - laughed.

“Well… Rainbow Dash said, juggling the Chest. “We are on a quest! The seven of us here have been connected to this artifact by the amazing Daring Do!”

“And I’m along for the ride!” Spike added.

“Right. So we are going to trek across the winters of Yakyakistan, explore ancient ruins, and uncover hidden traps along the way!”

Starlight smirked. “Only, it’s summer. We can land literally just a few yards from the monument, and most of the traps have likely already been triggered.”

Rainbow Dash’s eye twitched. “As I said. Quest. There will be great peril and mystery - and we will be the heroes!”

Everyone was silent.

“Come on! Cheer!”

“Yay.” Fluttershy said.

Rainbow Dash glared at her. “You did that on purpose.”

“...Maybe.”

“Anyway, regardless of any lack of celebration on your part, to adventure!”

Silence again.

“Twilight, how long till we get there?”

“Six hours.”

Rainbow Dash twitched. “Well that’s just… peachy…”

“Take some time to learn patience.” Twilight encouraged, smiling the most innocent smile ever to exist. Everypony present knew it was an act.

“Well, looks like we’re gonna be sitting here for a while!” Pinkie produced a banjo from her mane. “TIIIIME FOR A SONG! Oooooooh, one hundred bottles of cider on-”

“PINKIE!”

~~~

The Jove toiled onward through a powerful blizzard. Snow was beginning to weigh down the airship, ice crystals forming on most of the surfaces. Windows were freezing over and one of the propellers had already given out. But the Jove had compensated with the remaining propellers - Equestrian engineering wasn’t going to give out now. However, it was luckily summer in Yakyakistan and not winter.

It was still rather warm inside the cockpit, and Rarity was sipping a mug of piping hot cocoa- it just seemed to fit the occasion. “It’s getting mighty chilly out there.” She observed. “We must be getting close.”

“Yep.” Twilight said. “We’ll be there in a few minutes. You should probably get in your coats girls.”

Spike raised an eyebrow. “Ahem?”

“And you too Spike.”

Spike nodded, pulling his purple coat out of a glove compartment, covering most of his body with the warm fluff. “Ready!”

The mares quickly did the same with their coats - though Twilight and Starlight skipped the dressing process by conjuring their coats from the aether, and Pinkie just seemed to have hers on suddenly.

Soon, the rest of them had become bundles of fluff and fur (or scales) as well. The fluff was of varying qualities - Rarity’s coat pristine and sparkling, Starlight’s nearly featureless and practical, Applejack’s tattered and worn, and Pinkie’s… was pink. And probably made of cotton candy.

“I came prepared.” Was her only comment.

The Jove slowly descended to the snowy ground, landing with a soft muffled thud. The bay doors opened, rushing the cabin with the frigid sub-zero temperatures of Yakyakistan.

“Oh thank goodness.” Fluttershy said. “I was getting hot in here…”

“You’ll want to be hot soon.” Rainbow Dash said. “It gets really cold sometimes.”

“I know. I was here last time.” Fluttershy reminded her.

“Let’s just get a move on.” Applejack said. “Twi, where we goin?”

“There.” Twilight pointed to the north. “You can see the shadows of the pillars from here. Shouldn’t take more than a few minutes to walk there.” She frowned. “Thought we landed closer…”

“Uh, Teleporting?” Rainbow Dash suggested.

“We can’t see it clearly.” Starlight explained.

“So we must walk.” Rarity said, still sipping her cocoa.

“Great!” Spike said. “Walking.” He sighed, beginning the march. The various mares all followed, finding that the biting cold of the blizzard kept them from much conversation. Even with all their layers it was still terribly frigid.

It did only take a few minutes of walking - the Jove had landed pretty close to the temple. Soon, they could clearly see seven tall pillars rising from the snow, each of them a deep speckled blue color. They were easily as tall as a full-grown dragon, and as thick as a buffalo. The seven pillars were all arranged in a circle around a smaller pedestal that stuck up out of the snow, with a few visible steps that led up to it.

“Cool.” Rainbow Dash said, wishing her wings weren’t bundled up so she could fly around.

“Indeed.” Rarity said, feeling the need to drink more of her warm cocoa. She had to heat it with her magic to make it satisfying.

Starlight rolled her eyes at Rarity’s ‘sophistication.’ They were on a quest for crying out loud, now was not the time to be delicately sipping cocoa.

Twilight mounted the steps - they were a little too large for a pony, but they were manageable. She came up to the pedestal, standing on her hind legs so she could see the top of it.

There was a telling heptagon shaped depression in it.

Rainbow Dash looked at the pedestal. “Well that’s pretty obvious.”

‘Yeah it-” Twilight paused. “...Rainbow.”

“What?”

“I know you’re thinking it.”

“Thinking what?”

“Don’t do it.”

Rainbow Dash smiled sheepishly. “Oh come on! It goes right there!”

“Yes. And it could be a trap!”

“Eh. We can handle a trap.” Starlight commented.

“Not helping!” Twilight hissed.

“Well let’s make this easy!” Pinkie said, in one motion grabbing the Seven Sided Chest out of Rainbow’s bags and placing it on the pedestal. “Ba-BOOM!” She shouted.

“PINKIE!” Twilight yelled, ready to scold her friend, but was stopped when the entire area began to tremble. The top of the pedestal hissed and rotated, until the points of the Seven Sided Chest were each directed between two of the pillars. Two pillars in particular began to glow a deep red color.

“Well that did something.” Applejack observed, not sure if it was bad or not.

With a powerful and shrill noise, a red line bisected the area between the two pillars, splashing the area in a red light. The line slowly expanded, ripping a rectangular hole in the fabric of reality itself, through which an entirely different world could be seen.

It was unlike anything any of them had ever seen.

It was full of spheres of varying sizes, each one made out of a seemingly random material - stone, gold, crystal, sand, moss - and the spheres continually interacted with each other. Some moved quickly and attracted others to them, while others moved slowly and pushed spheres away. The size seemed to have little to do with the effect on the other spheres. Some places burst into light for seemingly no reason, while in other places spheres appeared out of nowhere.

The mares and Spike were speechless. They just stared, watching the spheres interact. Exploding, crashing orbiting… it was mesmerizing.

“Very good!” A voice boomed through the area, startling them.

“I know that voice…” Twilight muttered.

It wasn’t enough warning for them - for several snow white Diamond Dogs erupted from the ground and entangled all of them in less than a second, threatening to crush them, one specifically with a large hand right on Twilight’s horn. The voice chuckled. “Oh, glad you remember me, princess!” A large being descended from atop one of the pillars, landing on his forelegs with ease. He was tall, blue, doglike, had a hand for a tail, and was bundled up in even more coats than the mares.

“Ahuizotl!” Rainbow Dash yelled.

“Ah yes, Daring Do’s little companion and her friends.” Ahuizotl chuckled. “I suppose you are my nemeses now seeing as our little adventurer slash author has met an untimely demise”

“Hey…” Rainbow Dash said, thinking for a moment. “Did you do something to her!?”

“As much as I would love to take credit, I am blameless. I haven’t the slightest idea what finally killed Daring Do, though I am infinitely curious, just as I’m sure you are.”

“Her name was Advent Kiosk Yearling.” Twilight spat. “Respect it.”

“Hm? Well yes, but I knew her by another name, and always will. It was the way we did things.” He chuckled. “It’s how I remember her…”

“You won’t get away with this!” Fluttershy yelled, struggling against the dogs.

Ahuizotl facepalmed with his tail. “Even I get tired of hearing that. Understand this - I have you all captured. I have this temple, and the artifact to do with as I please. I won’t be here much longer, so what can you do?”

“You sure you have all of us?” Pinkie said.

“Six Elements of Harmony and one dragon captured. I fail…” his eyes widened. “Crapbaskets.”

“Hi.” Starlight said, levitating behind him. Then she lit her horn with a brilliant blue light. “Bye.”

The resulting explosion sent Ahuizotl flying. He roared at the white Diamond Dogs. “I told you idiots to grab them all!”

“They did.” Starlight said. “I’m just that good at teleporting.”

Ahuizotl twitched. “Get her!!!”

A dozen dogs rose out of the ground, clawing at Starlight. She responded to this by teleporting away and having them bonk heads. “Ha! Idiots.”

“Starlight that’s not very nice!” Fluttershy called.

“They’re attacking us!” She retorted.

“That’s no reason to insult their intelligence which I’m sure is fine.”

“I… You… Uh…”

Ahuizotl grabbed Starlight with his tail. She grinned. “Oh you’re going to get it…”

He twisted his tail and threw her into an inactive column, denting it. “...Ow…” She said.

“There. Powerful though she may be, she is not enough to face me.” Ahuizotl laughed as Diamond Dogs captured the dazed Starlight.

Rainbow Dash got an idea. “Hey Fido.”

“Huh?” The dog holding her said. “How did you know my name?”

“Wha? I - I’m psychic. But that’s not important. You know what is? Do you boy?”

“No! Tell me!”

“Ahuizotl will give you a treat if you do a dance!”

“...Really?”

“Really.”

The idiotic Diamond Dog let go instantly and started dancing - Ahuizotl wasn’t even looking at him, instead gloating over Starlight. “Most powerful unicorn, unable to fight a bunch of dogs! Ha!”

“Wh… Wha… Is breakfast ready Spike?” She asked.

“I really outdid myself this time…” Ahuizotl chuckled. “Well, time to initiate my plans-”

Rainbow Dash flew right into him at high speeds, knocking him to the ground.

“Every… Stupid… Time…” He growled, standing back up. “You even hit like her.”

Rainbow Dash hovered in the air, shivering. “T-That’s r-right! Y-you can t-take that!”

“See, this is why you don’t fight in the snow without a coat. It just doesn’t work, hypothermia starts to set in on your poor wings, rendering them-”

She hit him again. “Stop-p t-talking!”

“How about… no?” He chuckled, snapping his fingers. When nothing happened he looked at the Dogs in annoyance. “That means squeeze harder fools!”

The dogs picked up the slack and started squeezing harder. This interrupted the spell Twilight was trying to stealth cast, making her cry out in pain as her delicate horn was squeezed. The other mares yelped as well, and Fluttershy started crying.

“You are about to discover why Daring Do usually worked alone. Let me do what I want or I will have them killed.”

Rainbow Dash paled, standing down, shivering.

“Good.” Ahuizotl said, glancing at the giant tear in reality with a smile. “Let’s get this show on the road!”

It was at that moment when everyone realized that there was a force coming from the portal - one that was pulling a lot of snow into the gaping hole. It was slowly getting stronger as a blue sphere neared from inside the other world.

“Hrm…” Ahuizotl said. “That is concerni-”

Then for no reason the force increased tenfold. Rainbow Dash, being in the air, was pulled right into the portal without so much as a moment to yell in surprise. The dented tower Starlight was next to started to crack as it was strained.

“Rainbow!” Twilight yelled, reaching for her friend with her magic, ignoring the Diamond Dog’s loosening grasp. She couldn’t see her friend anymore, her magic unable to locate the pegasus. The readings she did get from the portal were just confusing.

The Diamond Dogs chose that moment to get the heck out of dodge, burying themselves into the snowy ground to escape. This loosened everyone, forcing them to hold their footing against the force on their own.

Ahuizotl latched onto one of the pillars with his tail, gritting his teeth - he would not be sucked in!

Starlight levitated herself into the air, approaching the portal, but using all her might to avoid being sucked in entirely. “I need an anchor! Applejack! Lasso!”

“Why?” Applejack asked.

“Going in after Rainbow Dash! Hurry!”

Applejack nodded, planting her feet firmly in the ground. She readied her lasso and roped Starlight easily. Starlight took a few breaths before she pushed herself into the unknown.

While she did this, Twilight used her power to keep Rarity, Spike, Fluttershy, and Pinkie rooted to their spots. Applejack would be able to handle herself - she was a steadfast mare.

Rarity looked at Ahuizotl, and the more she did so, the angrier she became. She looked down at the cup of cocoa she had brought. She levitated it into the air, heated it, and then threw it at Ahuizotl with a smirk. It splashed him on the head.

“...Was that supposed to do something, little pony?” He asked from his precarious position.

Rarity blinked.

“Rich. Absolutely - AAAA MY EYES!” He yelled, the cocoa scalding his eyes and shocking him into letting to of the column and shooting through the portal, missing Starlight by mere inches.

Starlight barely registered Ahuizotl’s presence - she was having trouble keeping herself afloat, the force pulling too hard on her. She gritted her teeth - she needed to find Rainbow Dash fast…

The blue sphere erupted in a flash of light. Starlight cried out at the burning light, but realized that with it gone there was no more overpowering force. She was just floating there without a problem.

“Huh.” She said. “All clear! Going in deeper!” She yelled back through the portal to her home world.

Twilight dropped her anchor spell, breathing heavily. “”Good. I was beginning to weaken there. ...What was that?”

Starlight poked around the other realm composed entirely of spheres. “This place seems to be nothing but gravity anomalies. I have no idea what the heck this place is.”

“Do you see Rainbow Dash?” Applejack yelled, poking her head in.

“Not yet. Wait…” She squinted her eyes. “She might be on that onyx sphere in the distance. I’ll try telep-”

A sphere made of limestone appeared to her right - it was only about the size of a bowling ball, but she felt its powerful pull, unable to resist the force pulling her head towards it. She howled in pain, trying to pull back as she felt her skull getting crushed against it.

At the temple, Applejack was suddenly ripped into the portal. “Woah nelly! Twi! Shut it off!”

“But you’ll be trapped!” She yelled, but there was no response. Applejack had already been hidden behind a new globe.

Without Twilight’s spell, Fluttershy quickly lost her footing, screaming as she sailed towards the portal.

Twilight felt the force coming from the other side increase once more, Rarity and Pinkie starting to lose their own footing. She heard one of the blue towers crack from the force.

She whimpered, finally trying to shut it off. She attempted to remove the Seven Sided Chest from the pedestal - but it was in pretty tight, refusing to dislodge. “Come on…” She muttered, twisting it.

When she rotated it, the scene through the tear changed from a realm of spheres to a giant forest glowing with a serene yellow light. The force stopped acting, though Fluttershy’s inertia still carried her in.

“Huh.” Fluttershy said. “This is nice…”

The mares and Spike all heard a sickening crack. The pillar Starlight had hit couldn’t take it anymore. Eons of sitting in this weather, getting beat up in a fight, and extreme forces were just too much. The ancient relic began to tip over, severing its connection with the ground.

“Fluttersh-” Rarity didn’t even get out the pegasus’ name before the portal just disappeared. There was no tear in reality, and there was little evidence such a thing had even existed in the deep snow in the first place, save from a few small spheres that were lying on the snow.

Twilight, Rarity, Pinkie, and Spike just sat there, stunned, unable to fully comprehend what had just occurred.

The Seven Sided Chest of Chicomoztoc popped out of the podium’s slot.

A cold wind blew through the scene...