• Published 21st Jan 2017
  • 357 Views, 4 Comments

The Most Amazing-Spectacular-Beautiful/Dark-Sympathetic-Grim Self Discovery Quest Ever - JadeDusk



[Parody/Satire] The universe has one species of enemy that no-one can destroy. One pony finds herself into this world and has to live through it on her own, with the help of those who call themselves "Mary Sues" and "Gary Stus". Join her adventure!

  • ...
4
 4
 357

[Ch.1] Amnesia & Information

Everyone has had those moments when you wake up and not remember your identity, friends, family, and everything that happened before your awakening. Or so it seemed. It just so happened I was the next one to become the tragic victim of this phenomenon.

I woke up in a large hole. My coat and wings matched the dark black sky above me, my flowing mane and tangled tail white as the stars that decorated the void that is the night sky. I looked around, only being faced with the seemingly impossible climb up to the surface from where I seemed to have landed. Did I fall? Where did I fall from? All I could remember was the faded moments of being attacked... sadness... wanting to be myself with royalty.

My hooves shook as I tried to stand upright. A fruitless attempt as I only landed back on my stomach. My front hooves now in my face, I saw four bracelets that sparkled in the moonlight. They were silver, with sunlight yellow and dark blue gemstones in two each. Sitting upright, I checked if anything was on my head; Nothing. Not even my-

"MY HORN!" My mind raced of what could've caused it. What I assumed to be a normal unicorn's horn was now nothing but a jagged stub. No magic either, as my many trails of levitating a few small rocks failed to even glow with my magic aura. The more I tried, the more the wound hurt.

"Hello?" I called out, hoping somepony could hear me. "Is anypony there?"

"OH MY CELESTIA-LUNA-FLURRY-HEART-TWILIGHT!"

I regretted turning around immediately upon seeing a bright pink-muzzled grin in my face, two rainbow-colored eyes staring at me. "YOU'RE, LIKE, ANOTHER ALICORN! JUST LIKE MEEEEEE~!" She opened her large and perfectly formed neon-rainbow-tipped wings, each tip having a different color of the rainbow.

"H-how did you hear me?"

"HOW?! A BETTER QUESTION WOULD BE WHY YOU'D DARE ASK A RIDICULOUS QUESTION!"

My ears folded back as I winced at her voice. "P-please tone down the voice..."

"BUT THIS IS THE ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE!" She extended one hoof out in a decree-motion. The grin before turned into a small smile and a giggle. "Hehehehehehehe~ I, like, alwaaaays wanted to do that. You must be new here, correct? Oh what am I rambling about, I know everypony's faces! You're a fresh-new arrival!"

Oh thank the Skies that noise was over. "Soooo... h-how did you hear me?"

"Su-per heaaaarrriiinnnggg~!" She sing-sung, gesturing to her ears as if I can physically tell that was the case. "And a simple teleportation spell to your exact location... weeeelllll not exact exact, that would be kinda weiiiiiird for me to land on top of you or underneath you and don't even get me started with those weird pony fusions, ICK I HATE THOSE."

"C-can you please help me? I can't stand up..."

"But of course! Anything for a new friend!" With a simple rainbow-colored glow from her horn, I found myself with a newfound strength and flawlessly standing upright. "There-OHMYCELESTIALUNAFLURRYHEARTTWILIGHT You are so small and cute I love your colors and the contrast of your flowy mane and tangled tail oh it's beautiful and perfect that your own appearance has perfect flaws even those antler horns of yours~! And-" She let out a big gasp. "No cute mark?!"

"My... cutie mark?" My rear was blank, and for a second I did think that I turned into a filly. "Oh... is it a problem?"

"Oh no no no~! Not at all! Just... unusual... whiiich is what makes you special! We each need a few unique quirks to make us look special! Of course, the only thing that is more special than uniqueness is perfection!"

"I... guess so..." I laid back down and rested my head on my forehooves. All of this was overwhelming... the most part of it being that I couldn't remember anything besides vague memories of what I assumed to be moments before I appeared here.

Sure, I was shorter than most other ponies, often being mistaken as a filly. Yet, I didn't feel like a filly. I still had questions to ask.


Cutting to the chase, it turns out that this place I landed was Equestria, only not "Equestria Classic" (Found out the hard way the word "original" is forbidden and is considered the worse insult ever). I explained to her my predicament, and thank the Skies I'm not alone. There's a whole community of people who lived through the same experience as mine, although each was slightly different but generally the same. Perfect, flawless characters fall from the skies as comets into this world, and I seemed to be the most recent one. There's also something about "Creators" and how each pony has their own. Most of the time, these Creators abandoned them and they were forced to come here, which in all seriousness, didn't seem all that bad.

And, the most important question: This rainbow-infused pony was Jeweled Tiara, or "Jewel" for short. She called herself a "Mary Sue", a high-ranking pony. She had watched her Creator get lots of negativity from others and had to quit everything in their life, just because "Critics" claimed that Jewel was a Mary Sue. Ever since then, she has worked to make sure that she can someday return to her old life and be part of "fanfiction".

"Thanks, by the way for what happened... so far my life hasn't been that kind to me..."

Jewel waved her hoof. "Oh please, don't bother thanking me." She placed her hoof on her heart. "It's the most someone as humble as me to help somepony in distress. It's a Sue's duty - help those who like you, destroy those who don't. Say..." Her rainbow eyes changed to a bright blue, a bit of a Sombra-like shadow glowing from the left eye. "You do like me, riiiiight~?"

I nodded with a smile. She was so nice, so kind, how can someone not like her?

That grin returned as she clapped with a squeal. "Wonderful~! Those who don't are often seen as "Originals", and don't even get me started talking about those imperfect atrocities." Her eyes returned back to their normal rainbow color.

I rubbed the back of my head, feeling my white wavy hair flowing underneath my bare hoof, soothing my rising nerves. "Do you... know anywhere I can stay? I don't plan on staying here forever..."

"Oh, we're at the very border of the greatest, most peaceful place in the whole Universe! Come see!" Before I knew it, she teleported both of us out of the rocky crater and standing on a stone path leading to a grand golden entrance, with an indescribably-perfect tri-halo alicorn statue in the middle of what I assumed to be the central plaza courtyard. My eyes widened, speechless at the flawlessness of everything. It was everything I ever dreamed of. Castles stood high at every angle, ponies (most of them alicorns) strolling about.

Jewel turned towards me and bowed. "Welcome to Harmony Utopia~ As you seem to be confused with your purpose, let me help you find your place in this wonderful world you are blessed to be part of."

Author's Note:

Optional - As something of an experiment, I am letting you, the reader(s) if any dare to get this far, to create your own character. I hope to get some input through this to make it as cringe-y as possible (but... you know... still readable). Pick a stereotype you hate, troupe that makes you rage in annoyance, or even a character that you made in the past and submit them here, as I do hope to turn this into a real world (Real does not equal "taken seriously"). I'll see what I can do from there. I think this will be a fun project to complete for those who wish to participate in the making of this wonderful story that is just as cringy to write as it is to read, trust me. :derpytongue2: