• Published 18th Jan 2017
  • 2,295 Views, 23 Comments

Wingpony-zoned - Teal



All Vapor Trail wanted to do was ask Sky Stinger on a date. But as it turns out, Sky Stinger has a reason why the two of them can't go out.

  • ...
7
 23
 2,295

Would you like to go out with me?

Wingpony-zoned
By
Teal

“Sky Stinger…” Vapor Trail’s voice trailed, a slight bit of hesitation taking over her. “…will you…would you like to go on a date with me?”

Biting her lip, she waited for his reply, nervousness and fear flooding her mind and body. Would he say yes? She thought to herself. Or would he say no?

To be honest, she didn’t know the answer to that question. Sure, she had known them since they were young, but a pony like Sky Stinger was always unpredictable.

But surely he’ll say yes to a date, right? She told herself, trying to stay positive.

Searching her mind, she tried to remember the time both she and Sky Stinger spent together, all the things they’ve been through and all the moments they were there for each other. To her, a date wouldn’t seem any different from that, well at least not that much.

Sure, a date will be a bit more romantic than just hanging out, but it was still pretty much the same. Besides, since they know so much about each other, to go on a date would be fun for both parties. At least, that’s what it seemed for Vapor Trail.

Wishing that Sky Stinger saw things the same way she did, she looked up at him expectantly, hoping that he would say the words she wanted to here. But as it turned out, the two of them did not share the same views.

“I’m sorry, Vapor, but I can’t…” Sky Stinger said, rubbing the back of his head. “…I can’t go out with you”

Hearing those words made Vapor Trail’s optimistism turn into to disappointment, as her ears began droop while her heart shattered to tiny pieces. Standing there right in front of Sky Stinger, she felt embarrassed and dejected at the same time.

How could I have been stupid… She thought to herself, realizing that her fantasies of him liking her back were nothing more than just fantasies. They were dreams that her mind make her believe, bringing her to a false sense of reality.

He had rejected her, he had said no. She wanted to cry and get away from him, go as far as she can to save what little dignity she had left within her. But a tiny bit of curiosity made her stay and look back at him. Forcing her eyes too met his, she stared at him with wonder, as she began to think on why he had rejected him.

“Why?” She asked, her voice shakier than before as she tried to hold her emotions back. “Why, no?”

“Well…it’s just that-“ Sky Stinger began. “-it’s because you’re my wing pony. And I can’t go on a date with my wingpony.”

“Excuse me?” Vapor Trail, glaring at him with a mixture of confusion and annoyance on her face. “I don’t think I heard you right. For a second there, I thought you said that the reason you said no to going on a date with me is because I’m you’re wingpony.”

“Yup, you heard me right.”

“Wait…” Vapor Trail said, eyeing him. “…are you saying that the reason you said no to dating me is because I’m your wingpony?”

“Yeah. Why?” Sky Stinger said, giving her a seemingly puzzled look.

“So, that’s the reason, nothing else?”

“Yup, pretty much.” He said with a nod.

Wanting to make things clear, Vapor Trail dived deeper into this, asking another question just to be sure. “So you’re not saying no to a date because I’m your best friend, but because I’m your wingpony?”

“Well yeah.” He said, nodding once more. “If you were just my best friend, then going on a date with you will be fine, it’s not like there anything wrong with that. But with you being my wingpony also, well now that’s a different case.”

“Different how?” Vapor Trail said, trying to be as calm as possible. In the inside, she wanted to scream at him for his logic, but decided against it, knowing that rage would not help the situation.

“Why because that’s not what a wingpony is supposed to do!” Sky Stinger pointed out, saying it as if Vapor Trail was supposed to know what a wingpony’s just was supposed to be.

“And what exactly is a wingpony supposed to do?” Vapor Trail asked, as she felt confused than anything else during that moment.

“Well, for one thing, a wingpony is not supposed to ask their lead on a date.” Sky Stinger explained to her. “But as for the main job of a wingpony…well, you’re supposed to help me out. You know, catch my back during flights, be there for me when I’m down, make me look good in front of the mares, and help me get a date with one of them if need be.”

“Make you look good… Help you get on a date…” Vapor Trail said with dread as she felt dizzy for just thinking about those things.

I can’t do that, I just can’t! She thought to herself.

She knew it sounded selfish, but she wanted Sky Stinger for herself and for nopony else but her. She wanted him to love her, not another pony. She had worked for years to try and improver her friendship with him to something more, hoping that he would fall in love with her, just like how she fell in love with him. Although there had never been obvious signs in the past that her plans were working, it had never stopped her on trying to make him love her. So the last thing she wanted to do was help another mare fall in love for him.

“Yeah…that’s what a wingpony is supposed to do.” Sky Stinger said, staring at her before moving closer to the devastated looking pegasus. “And I got to say, you’re doing a pretty bad job on those last two things. In fact, it’s worse than bad, it’s terrible!”

Vapor Trail just stared at him, not sure what she was supposed to say. It seemed right now that her entire world was collapsing, and that she could do nothing to stop it. Standing there and staring, she just listened to what he said and watched it all unfold.

“You know, I think it’s time to replace you as my wingpony.” Sky Stinger told her. “Cause you know, I can’t have my wingpony asking me out on dates. That would just be unprofessional.”

Vapor Trail looked down and hung her head in shame. She didn’t want to be here right now, she just didn’t. If she could have changed things and stopped herself from asking him out, then she would have done it. But there was no stopping it now. All she could do to save herself was turn around and fly away, a move which she should have done when he initially rejected her offer.

Well, Vapor, this day could have been better… She thought to herself.

Turning her head away from him, she was just about ready to get out and fly away, when out of the blue, a burst of laughter erupted from behind her.

Ears perked up and curiosity ignited once more, she turned her head to see Sky Stinger laughing his head off, as he tried his best to control his laughs and speak.

“HAHAHAHA-YOU-HAHA-YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN YOUR FACE! PRICELESS!” He managed to blurt out between laughs. Glancing back at her once more, he began laughing uncontrollably again, as he seemed to be finding the entire situation hilarious.

Vapor Trail on the other hoof was just plain annoyed, as she puffed her cheeks and stared at him with the angriest glare she could give him.

“And what, may I ask, is funny?” She asked him, not really liking his joyous laughter, especially after he just broke her heart.

“WHY, YOU, OF COURSE! HAHAHA I JUST CAN’T BELIEVE THAT YOU FELL FOR ALL OF THAT!” He shouted, as he slowly began to regain control and lower down his laughs. “Like really, did you believe all of what I said?”

“Yeah…” Vapor Trail admitted, cheeks blushing as she continued to glare at him.

“Heh, well you shouldn’t.” Sky Stinger said, gently placing a hoof on her shoulder. “It was just a joke, every bit of it. I wanted to see how you would react and you’ve got to admit, the horrified look on your face was just perfect.”

Folding her hooves, she gave a pout as she shook her head. “That wasn’t funny, Sky…”

“Of course you’ll say that.” Sky Stinger said, rolling his eyes. “But take it from me, it really was funny.”

“I hate you so much…” Vapor Trail said, staring at him as if she were firing daggers from her eyes. “…you know, you can be a real jerk sometimes.

“Oh, so you hate me, huh?” Sky Stinger said, placing an innocent hoof on his chest. “Well then, I guess we won’t be having that date, since you hate me now.”

“Wait, no!” Vapor Trail said.

And with that, she jumped from her position and tackled him to the ground, making them both roll over for a second or two.

“I still want you to go out on a date with me. So please, say yes this time!” She begged.

“Alright, alright…” He said, chuckling. “…I guess I’ll pick you up at eight then. Although I got to say, this is a very unprofessional relationship between me and and my wingpony.”

Letting out a small growl, Vapor Trail gave him a rough slap on the back of his head, which earned her a painful yelp from Sky Stinger.

“Okay, I’ll stop now…”

Author's Note:

Well, this is just a little something I thought off. I couldn't get the idea off of my head, so I decided to write it. So that's what you got. :twilightsheepish:

Comments ( 22 )

What a troll.:facehoof:

Kinda hilarious short story though.:rainbowlaugh:

I think this was very well excecuted story. You made me feel all the genres of this story. The characters and dialogue I think were excellent. I found it funny, I was sure what to make of the story reading through it, but in the end it turned out romantic, but mostly funny. I liked that about this story. Now there was one or two errors are found throughout the story, but nothing too jarring at all. Good story.

If someone asked Luan from the Loud house on a date they would get the same reaction Luaggie 4 life

Totally adorable. The more stories about these two, the better.

7876299 Thanks! :twilightsmile:


7876349 Thank you! I'm really glad you liked it. :pinkiehappy:

7876925 Agreed! :raritywink:

He can be glad that his joke didn’t back fired

So cute! Vapor/Sky best couple 20forever

Only one word for this-adorkable :rainbowkiss:

That was pretty cute, but damn what a dick.

That arrogant son of a...........!!!!!!!

Sky Stinger, that was a dick move. You're lucky Vapor listened to you when you called that it was a joke.

It's always fun to read a fun story :)

At first I was like: :fluttershyouch::fluttershysad::fluttercry:
And then I was like: :rainbowhuh::rainbowderp::rainbowlaugh:

Hahahahhahahaha!!!! :rainbowlaugh: Hilarious! :rainbowlaugh:

7891014 Glad to see you enjoyed it. :twilightsmile:


7894318 :pinkiehappy:

7923590 Just coincidence I guess. :moustache:

Such a plothole

Ha! Hilarious!

I mean, it was mean, but also funny...?

That was brilliant. :rainbowlaugh:

DF

. . . what a fucking asshole. She should have fed him his teeth.

Login or register to comment