• Published 6th Feb 2017
  • 6,319 Views, 23 Comments

The Truth Behind My Little Pony - grl6p



Six girls all died on the same day: November 7th 2004. Detective Kimberly Rooney will stop at nothing to learn their stories.

  • ...
11
 23
 6,319

Meet Detective Rooney/The Funeral/Taking The Case

Author's Note:

Welcome to my adaption of the MLP dead girl theory, where aspiring detective Kimberly Rooney and her friend Tommy will work to learn the stories about the girls.

Also, did you like my little shout-out to Zootopia in Kimmy's story?

I hope you enjoy it and I appreciate positive feedback.

It was Veteran's Day, 2004, four days after six teenaged girls from the suburban area of Asheville, North Carolina, Samantha Gales, Janise Walters, Alexandra Matthews, Jamie Sanders, Katherine Jackson, and Cynthia Little, died tragically on the same day:

Samantha Gales committed suicide after years of neglect and abuse from her mother and stepfather.

Janise Walters was killed in a car crash when her parents were arguing while driving.

Alexandra Matthews died of an unknown heart condition caused from injecting steroids during a track meet.

Jamie Sanders fell into a woodchipper on her family farm.

Katherine Jackson jumped off the building of Asheville High School believing she could fly and was taken off life support after 3 days in a coma.

And Cynthia Little hung herself after sinking into a deep depression after being caught cheating while taking an entrance exam for Willowing Heights Academy.

Word spread quickly, and soon the entire community had was devoted to honoring the memory of these girls.

The students and faculty of Asheville High School were hosting a big funeral in a the school gym and invited the entire community to mourn this tragic loss.

Among the funeral goers were aspiring police detective Kimberly Rooney and her friend Tommy Elbin. Both were alumni of Asheville High and while Tommy stayed back in North Carolina working at his dad's haberdashery after graduation, Kimberly went to the Criminal Justice Institute at Harvard and graduated at the top of her class. She had dreams of becoming a police detective ever since she was a child.

A week after her graduation, she was hired at the Boston Police Department.

Kimberly couldn't wait to start working as a police detective, but the Chief of Police had other plans.

On Kimberly's first day on the job, she sat down with a room full of other police officers.

Chief said, "Attention everyone. We have a new police detective joining us. This is Kimberly Rooney, she recently graduated as the valedictorian from the Harvard Criminal Justice Institute."

Kimberly smiled, "Thanks Chief, I can't wait to be assigned my first detective case."

Chief said, "I didn't say you'd be working as a detective here."

"But why?"

Chief looked at his clipboard, "Being a detective is a man's job. You're also fresh out of college, and you're too young to be handling problems like drugs and sexual violence. I'm assigning you to parking duty."

"But-"

"No buts! Now get to work!"

Kimberly sighed as she went to her parking duty vehicle and drove off.

After a long day at work, she would head back to her apartment and read detective novels until she fell asleep.

Her luck would change when Tommy had called her up to tell her about the deaths and invited her to the funeral.

Three days earlier,

*ring* *ring*

Kimberly was at her apartment in Boston reading a detective novel when her phone rang.

"Who could that be?" Kimberly looked at the caller ID to see Tommy.

"Why would Tommy be calling me?"

She picked up the phone and began talking, "Hi Tommy."

Over the phone, Tommy said, "Hi Kimmy. How's your detective career going?"

"Not so good, no one really takes me seriously. Chief says 'It's a man's job. You're just a girl.' And when a detective is needed, he just ignores me and sends out one of the male officers."

Tommy said, "I'm sorry to hear about that, you'd make a great private investigator."

"Thanks Tommy. If only Chief could see it." Kimberly said, "How have things been back in Asheville?"

Tommy replied, "Recently, things have been pretty hectic. Six students from our old high school died yesterday."

"Wait, were they from our old class?"

"No, they were six girls in the current junior class. I think their names were Samantha, Janise, Alexandra, Jamie, Katherine, and Cynthia. It's kind of hard to talk about. They're having a funeral in the school gym and I was wondering if you would come down from Boston for a few days. It could be a perfect oppurtunity to show off your detective skills."

Kimberly began thinking: 'All of these girls went to our high school and died on the same day? there has to be some sort of connection to this. I need to figure it out!'

Kimberly said to Tommy, "I'll be there!"

In the present day, Kimberly looked around at the gym, and saw the girl's families and the entire student body were sitting in chairs and bleachers. Everyone was crying.

Tommy said, "I can't believe this. They probably had so much to live for and their lives were cut so short."

Kimberly added, "It's such a shame."

Everyone became quiet when the principal of the school, Principal Duncan got up to the podium, "Students, faculty, and friends of Asheville High." he said solemnly, "we are gathered here today to bid farewell to juniors Samantha Gales, Janice Walters, Alexandra Matthews, the 2 time MVP of our track team, Jamie Sanders, Katherine Jackson, and honors student Cynthia Little. When these girls first came their freshman year, I thought they were here to learn, grow, and prepare for their bright futures."

He began to get choked up, "I had no idea that they were secretly insecure and had some terrible problems. I just wish that I could have reached out to them sooner." He said as he wiped tears from their eyes, "but now it's too late. Before the families and friends can give their eulogies, I have an announcement to make."

Everyone was talking at once in the audience.

Principal Duncan said, "As a principal, it's my duty to protect this school and help reach out to students in need. But after we lost the girls, I feel like I have failed them. I've failed this school. So, I've made a decision. After 25 years of being the principal Asheville High, I've decided to resign from my position. I'd rather commit suicide today than let the memory of these girls dying torture me forever. I'm very sorry but I can't live the guilt."

He got down from the podium and started to walk to the door.

Everyone began talking at once.

"Principal Duncan, where are you going?"

"Who's going to take your place?"

Principal Duncan turned to the audience, "I've already made my final decision. I'm quitting my job, Vice Principal Knight will take my place."

He exited the auditorium.

The rest of the service was a series of eulogies given by the girls' friends and families.

Finally, the six caskets were taken away to the cemetery to be buried.

The six of them were buried right next to each other and each tombstone read an inscription about the girls.

'In loving memory of Samantha Elizabeth Gales
An angel too pure for this cruel world.
3/12/1988-11/7/2004'

'In loving memory of Janise Heather Walters
Beloved daughter and sister.
8/3/1988-11/7/2004'

'In loving memory of Alexandra Dana Matthews
Track team MVP.
5/23/1988-11/7/2004'

'In loving memory of Jamie Caroline Sanders
A farmers daughter with determination
9/2/1988-11/7/2004'

'In loving memory of Katherine Louise Jackson
A loving daughter and hilarious friend.
2/11/1988-11/7/2004'

'In loving memory of Cynthia Abigail Little
Perfect daughter and beloved honors student
7/23/1988-11/7/2004'

Kimberly watched with the crowd as the caskets were lowered into their graves.

Tommy said, "Do you want to go back to my place?"

"Sure. I have a few notes to take about today."

Later that evening, Kimberly was taking notes in her notebook.

"I don't get it Tommy. Was this a death pact? Was it fate? Could it be a coincidence? I have so many questions!"

"Easy, Kimmy. Why don't we drive down to the local police station and we tell everything to Officer Stevens?" Tommy said to her, "maybe he'll let you take this one."

Kimmy said, "That's a great idea."

At the police station, Officer Stevens looked at all of Kimberly's notes,

"Well these are some very good notes you've taken down, Kimberly. I'm more than happy to let you take the wheel on this case."

Kimberly said, "Thanks Officer Stevens."

She then turned to Tommy, "Tommy, do you want to help me out on this case? I could use a partner." Kimberly held out her hand for him.

Tommy took the hand, "I'll be right there with you Kimmy."

"Even if we fail, I'll finally prove to everyone I'm a great detective!"