• Published 11th Jan 2017
  • 1,727 Views, 34 Comments

Princess Celestia Cuts off Ties with Nazi Germany - twilightsparkle3562



In 1939, at the beginning of World War II, Princess Celestia closes the German Embassy and exiles the ambassador and his staff back to the human world after a group of ponies are found murdered at the edge of the Everfree Forest.

  • ...
13
 34
 1,727

Cutting off Ties with Germany

Princess Celestia looked out the window and towards Canterlot with a look of anger and fury deep in her face. Something had happened that caused her to be this furious and it involved the lives of several ponies that were targeted by a group of ponies that were now believing a new way of life.

"He is here now, your highness," said a guardspony and Celestia turned to face him. "Shall I send him in?"

"Do so at once," replied Celestia and the guard left to bring the individual into the throne room.

A few moments later, a middle-aged pony dressed in a black suit, white shirt and black tie followed the guardspony into the throne room. Celestia turned and faced the pony with a furious glance before motioning for the guard to leave the room.

"What do you wish of me, Fraulein?" asked the pony in a German accent. "What seems to trouble you?"

Celestia simply walked over to her throne and sat down, her eyes locked on the pony like a submarine targeting a random ship.

"Something happened at the edge of the Everfree Forest a few days ago, Herr Spickzettel," said Celestia, sternly. "As far as I was concerned, a few ponies from your diplomatic office were seen beating a group of ponies with clubs and sticks. Would you care to tell me what happened?"

The sounds of Celestia's voice made Spickzettel feel very uncomfortable and nervous.

"I do not know what you are talking about," replied Herr Spickzettel. "As far as I was concerned, nothing had happened a few days ago. Whoever told you what had happened is nothing more than a liar."

"Does it look like I am lying to you?" asked Celestia, motioning for a servant pony to bring forth something that was torn and ruined. Using her magic, Celestia was holding up a doll that was missing an arm, the clothes it was wearing shown to have been torn off and dirt and red specks of blood were on it. "This was found at the entrance to Canterlot, Herr Spickzettel. It seems to me you are trying to cover for those who committed these heinous acts, isn't it?"

"Are you accusing me of these horrendous acts, your highness?" cried Herr Spickzettel. "Do you think that what these ponies had done was ordered by me?"

"Of course it is!" snapped Celestia, her horn glowing with rage. "Your country's government from the other world are committing several of these heinous acts and I can assure you that I will not tolerate such behavior. When you are in Equestria, you will obey every single law that I put into place. Is that clear?!"

The sounds of Celestia's voice did little to deter Herr Spickzettel's motivations. For Celestia was sensing that something needed to be done and it needed to be done now.

"Whatever these ponies did was for the common good, Princess Celestia," protested Herr Spickzettel, trying to defend himself. "I didn't plan all this you know. My orders came from my most divine leader who is striving for a better life."

But, Celestia was not convinced and she concluded that something needed to be done. She sensed that whatever happened at the edge of the Everfree Forest would happen again if this pony and his people remained in Equestria.

"I refuse to believe such a belief, Herr Spickzettel," said Celestia, unconvincingly as she held up a piece of paper. "I have here an intercepted document that comes from your country in the other world that says that ponies who hold a specific belief are to be exterminated. This is something that I am not going to tolerate in any way, Herr Spickzettel. As of this moment, Equestria is severing ties with Germany!"

Realizing that his time in Equestria was numbered, Herr Spickzettel knew that any effort to convince Celestia to change her mind.

"You can't do this to us," protested Herr Spickzettel as Celestia motioned for several guards to enter the throne room. "We are the future and what we are doing is for a better life! You must embrace what our fureher is trying to do for us! You are making a big mistake, Princess Celestia!"

"Do you think I am going to allow murderers to remain in Equestria?" asked Celestia as the guards surrounded Herr Spickzettel. "I think not. As of this moment, Herr Spickzettel, you and your staff are to be returned to Germany, never to return to Equestria again for as long as you live, is that understood?"

Herr Spickzettel said nothing as Celestia motioning for a pair of the guards to bring forth a large mirror, placing it next to Celestia's throne. At that moment, several more ponies were brought in, loudly protesting that they were about to share the same fate as Herr Spickzettel.

"You are making a huge mistake, Princess!" cried Herr Spickzettel as Celestia activated the mirror using her magic. "The way of life we are trying to bring…"

"…Is no longer welcome in our world," finished Celestia. "Be gone! All of you!"

Doing as they were told, the guards pushed a screaming Herr Spickzettel into the mirror and once he was gone, the rest of the staff followed, loudly crying out as they were thrown back to their world, back to a corrupt country now being run by a genocidal dictator that was nothing like what Celestia was.

"Take me to the former German embassy," she said and the guards led her out of the throne room and down to a row of large buildings with flags that came from countries that were from the other world.

Soon, they came to a large brick building with the red flag with a black swastika in a white circle sticking out of it.

"What should we do with the flag, your highness?" asked one of the guards and Celestia answered by activating her magic to pulled the flag off of the building and onto the ground below. Then, she walked up to the flag and activated a spell that set it on fire.

Celestia watched silently as the flag burned up before her very eyes. Soon, it was burned up completely.

"Send a group of ponies to go inside and empty the building," she ordered to the guards. "I want anything that reminds me of these ponies to be destroyed forever. Is that understood?"

"Yes, your highness, as you command," said the lead guard and Celestia watched as they carried out her orders.

As they left to carry out her orders, another guard came forward with important news. Celestia could tell from the look on this colt's face that the dead ponies that were murdered had now been found.

"All of the bodies have been recovered," he said. "Shall we notify the families about this?"

Rather than saying anything else, Celestia nodded "yes" in reply, allowing for the guard to notify the families. No sooner did Celestia order this did one of the guards come out with a portrait of Germany's current leader. Seeing this made Celestia feel both angry and sad at the same time.

"Bring that portrait to me!" she barked, much to the confusion of the guard holding the portrait. Doing as he was told, the guard held up the portrait as Celestia looked at it crossly. Seeing the human leader with evil in his eyes made Celestia realize that there was only one way to deal with this particular portrait.

Pointing her horn right at the center of the portrait, Celestia stuck her horn through the portrait then she bowed her head down and sliced through the portrait, shredding it until there was nothing but scraps.

"Until this creature is removed as leader of his people," thought Celestia to herself as she stared at the destroyed portrait. "I will no longer welcome Germany or its allies into our land of Equestria."

In the days and years that followed, Celestia would end up exiling and closing the embassies to two more human countries, the kingdom of Italy and the Empire of Japan along with the human kingdoms of Hungary and Romania. Equestria's embassy row would be a much different place and it would be many years before Equestria's diplomatic ties with human countries could be fully restored.

Comments ( 34 )

I don't care what other people say
This was pretty cool

And well done imo

How about gassing the Nazis instead? The best and only good thing about the Nazis after all is that they make great disposable fodder to gas chambers and machine guns.

Sweet lord, my great great grandfather's talking through me again.

Seems like it should keep going to me. That Nazis would try to spears to Equestrian makes sense, as does Celestial ejecting them and declaring Hitler a monster. she'd seem him as worse than even Terik. Though Equestrian might be a haen forthe people the Nazis sought to exterminate (it wasn't just Jews)

7859645 And Hitler Advocated Anti-Smoking

7859645 Highways, jet engines, and scheduled television programming be damned.

7859718 Just remember even evil has standards. Though I have feeling if Equestrian joined the allies Celestial would have bigggg problems with Stalin.

Well done. :heart::pinkiehappy:

Yay. My home country :pinkiehappy: and I still live there :twilightsmile:

7859810 I assume you are from Germany.

This is a very good one-shot.

I'd like to point out that Finland really wasn't much of an ally of Nazi Germany: they just got involved on the Eastern front to strike back at the Soviets after the Winter War, and in fact they wound up fighting a few skirmishes with the Nazis at the tail end of World War Two after they made peace overtures with Stalin. They weren't taken over by a fascist government like Hungary and Romania were.

7859745
7859719

To the person who downvoted my comment - Hello, Nazi Supporter.

I'll be visiting you later...

:)

Not the best attempt at political commentary, assuming that's what the author was going for. There's nothing about Celestia's portrayal here that makes any ironic comparison between her and Hitler work. If foreign dignitaries are trying to spread immoral ideologies to your country, you're more or less required to deport them as any good leader would.

Regardless, it's a cute one shot.

Frighteningly enough, I spotted this *while* working on the outline for "Equestria : 1940" where there's a neutral Equestria in the middle of the Atlantic ocean (much like the Azores, but on the other side of the trench) being torn between German/European/American alliance.

7859645 And yet Obama's tenure as president has brought our country closer to the Nazi system of Government than any of our previous leaders.

7860258 (scratches chin in deep thought)

Huh...

That's actually a pretty good point.

I'm British though so i would not have really noticed that.

7860135 My mother's side came from South America, you dumbfuck. Nice try with the identity politics though.

7860336 AH HA! I KNEW MY TRAP WOULD DRAW YOU OUT!

AND NOW TO DO WHAT I WANTED TO DO ALL THIS TIME WAITING!

...

I'm gonna give you a follow for calling me a dumbfuck. Be safe, be well, and stay healthy for all of this year, my wonderful friend. And remember; you're perfect just the way you are. It's what makes you...'unique'. Get it? Cause' it's in my name and I'm not even remotely funny.

This is not very well written. It feels like about a third of the dialogue is simply repeating itself as filler. Herr Spickzettel weirdly suffers for lack of pronouns. It's weird that he would be calling Celestia fraulein, and it's obvious that you're using it simply to create a German "feel" to the dialogue, even though it's not a particularly appropriate form of address for her. imagine talking to the Queen of England and calling her "Miss Elizabeth." You have a peculiar habit of repeating word sequences in odd, distracting, and occasionally incorrect ways.

For example:

Do you think I am going to allow murderers to remain in Equestria?" asked Celestia as the guards surrounded Herr Spickzettel. "I think not. As of this moment, Herr Spickzettel, you and your staff are to be returned to Germany, never to return to Equestria again for as long as you live, is that understood?"

Why are you repeating word patterns like this? "Be returned never to return." "Do you think? i think not." You do this regularly throughout the story. At the same time there re a lot of places where you're using words incorrectly. Just a few of the many examples:

The sounds of Celestia's voice did little to deter Herr Spickzettel's motivations.

No, her voice did little to deter Herr Spickzettel. "Motivations" doesn't belong in this sentence.

It seems to me you are trying to cover for those who committed these heinous acts, isn't it?"

isn't what? That sentence is not correct. There are lots of mistakes like these. Sentences that read strangely, are outright incorrect, and a few that don't even finish.

Technical flaws aside, The premise is unclear and the general flow of the story doesn't make a whole lot of sense. What's going on here? What are the beliefs that "these ponies" have that Germany has decided justifies killing them? Ponies from the German diplomatic office were seen beating up ponies at the edge of the Everfree Forest and then a bloodied doll was found in Canterlot? And these two events are related how? Spickzettel is implied to be involved in all of this, but if his office is in Canterlot...umm, is he dispatching ponies to the Everfree Forest to go beat up ponies? Where are those ponies now? apparently they weren't killed, they were only beat up. Why were they only beaten up? apparently there were orders to exterminate ponies "of a certain belief" and yet bloodied dolls are turning up Canterlot...so they're killing fillies in the capitol, but only beating up ponies in nice, secluded ares where they could easily get away with it? Why exactly? For that matter, why is any of this happening at all? You've made it clear that Germany has a diplomatic office in Equestria, so why are they murdering civilians in Equestria at all? Do you think Hitler was telling his diplomats in the US to kill american jews in the streets rather than maintain a good public face for Germany? i don't think so. What is Germany's plan here? And what is this unstated "specific belief" that some ponies have that they're being killed for? Clearly it's not any kind of racial factor and Germany obviously has nothing against ponies, since you have a German pony officer as your lead villain. So what is it that "some ponies" believe that gets them killed on an entirely different planet, and by members of their own species?

There are so many weird things going on here.

7860135 Are you talking about gassing the Actual Nazi's or their soldiers? Or everyone involved during that time? That is the reason I did what I did.

And If you think I'm a Nazi Supporter, I'm not. I'm just saying some the good things that they did. Not excluding all the horrible things they have done.

7860896 Well, this was an experiment story and I did ask for feedback. Thanks for your time in critiquing.

7861047 The bad Nazis. Like, the Nazi's that everyone thinks of when you bring them up.

The murdering Nazis.

7859645
(I am not a nazi so pls dont judge)
The reason that hitler didnt use gas based weapons in ww2 aas because he suffered thru it him self and all the other powers wernt so why would he. Also if the wind were to change than the gas would hit his troops.

8905230

Also if the wind were to change than the gas would hit his troops.

And that's bad because...?

8905367
Because its unsound stratgicly as it would kill the soldgers using the gas. That actualy happened in ww1.

8905373
Well, see, there's this amazing invention that was made around that time that would mitigate that problem.

It's called a gas mask. Nowadays it's a fancy-as-fuck cosplay accessory for most people, but back in the old days it was a life saver for most people.

8907268
Yes the gas mask is a life saver it was used in literaly every war since gas based weapons were invented. But another reason that no one used gas in ww2 was : 1 it couldent be used to clear cities witch was a staple of ww2 and 2 they feared retaliation also 3 gas based weapons arnt efficient as you said a gasmask compleatly blokes most gas based weapons.

8907301
1 - Don't clear cities. Use it on important targets, like enemy bunkers or headquarter posts.
2 - Retaliation? It's fucking war, I don't think it would really matter. People kind of die in war, mate.
3: Unless the enemy was caught off-guard.

8907971
Another reason is that during this time wars were mainly done during this time to boost popularity of the state by the people for example your people discontent with your rule unite against a comman enimy and the people of germany and almost every nation HATED gas based weapons and news stories were publised evey day on how the war was going. So eventualy the people of germany would find out about the gas attack and would refuse to go to die for dür vaterland.

8907975
Hang on...

How did we even get on to this conversation again?

Why am I discussing death gas with someone I don't even know?

And where are those pictures of Spiderman I asked for?

Login or register to comment