• Published 11th Jan 2017
  • 1,263 Views, 101 Comments

Angels Among Us - Dash32



Applejack and Rainbow Dash are drafted into war. Years later, the war ends in tragedy. How will the Humane 7 cope?

  • ...
7
 101
 1,263

Chapter 3

“I'm scared AJ.”

“Ah understand Rainbow, Ah'm scared too. I ain't ever been in a situation like this before so Ah'm in the same boat as you.”

“But you've shot and killed things before haven't you?”

“Yes, but that's different. Puttin' an animal down is completely different than killin' another human being. Ah couldn't fathom doin' that.”

It had been fifteen minutes since Ssgt. Fury left them by themselves. Dash was still trying to wrap her head around the situation. Yes, both girls have dealt with death before, but neither girl had killed a person before. This was a whole new ball game for the two of them. After a while both girls were startled by the door to the barracks being slammed open.

“Shower time ladies! Move it!!”

“Ugh. That's going to get on my nerves really quick.”

“Keep it together Dash. We don't need to be causin' trouble just 'cause someone rubbed ya the wrong way.”

“I can't promise anything”

Without another word, Rainbow Dash walked out with an angry expression. Applejack rubbed the bridge of her nose in irritation.

“Oy...”

Applejack broke into a jog to keep up with Rainbow Dash until they got to the showers. As soon as they walk in their eyes were bombarded by nothing but naked women within every square foot of the shower room. Both girls turned a deep red in embarrassment.

“Uuuuuuuh....” Rainbow mutters.

“Hooboy.” Applejack replied wishing she had kept her hat.

Applejack walked up to one of the women and got her attention.

“Uh, pardon me. But are there any closed stalls we could use?”

“Nope. Whatcha see is whatcha get.”

“Oh. Well, alright then, Ah'll let ya get back to it.”

Applejack, having avoided looking at anything, kept her hand shielded over her eyes just enough to where she could still see where she was going. Hand still over her eyes, she walked back over to Rainbow Dash.

“Well it looks like we ain't gotta choice. We're gonna hafta shower in front of each other.” Applejack sighed.

“Shit...”

“Let's get this over with. Ah wanna be done as soon as possible.”

“Same.”

Without another word, the two girls began removing their clothing until they were as naked as the day they were born. They silently looked each other over and blushed before quickly averting their eyes.

“Nice abs...” Applejack said, still deep red.

“Thanks...uh...nice tits...” Rainbow replied and quickly realized how that sentence sounded.

“Uh. I didn't mean it like that... I just figured, y'know, I should say something back...”

“S'alright Dash. Ah appreciate the compliment. No matter how it sounded.”

AJ and Rainbow Dash smiled at each other, but it didn't make the situation any less awkward.

“Well, what do we have here?”

AJ and Rainbow Dash turned around to see who the voice belonged to. There, in all her naked glory, was the legendary Captain Spitfire of the Wonderbolts Air Force.

“Oh my gosh!!! AJ, do you have any idea who this is?!!” Rainbow practically squealed.

“Well, if Ah remember faces right from the ones ya showed me back home, Ah'm gonna say this is Captain Spitfire of the world famous Wonderbolts?”

“I'm guessing you ladies are fans?” Spitfire asked amused.

Jamming a thumb in Rainbow's direction, Applejack replied.

“She is, Ah don't pay attention enough to know a whole lot about ya.”

“Is it true that you hold the record for the most enemy kills and the most POW rescues in any military history?!” Rainbow asked, practically fangirling.

“Well, yeah, it's true...but it's not exactly something to be proud of.”

Rainbow finally snapped out of her stupor and blushed.

“Oh...right. My apologies ma'am.”

“Ugh...please don't call me ma'am. Makes me feel old.” Spitfire smiled.

“Heh...right. Wait...how old are you?” Rainbow asked.

“You say you're my biggest fan. I'm sure you can figure it out.” She replied.

“Well let's see...you signed up for the military shortly after your eighteenth birthday. You've been in it for roughly thirteen years. So that would make you...thirty-one?”

“Smart kid.”

“She usually ain't that good with numbers.” Applejack smiled.

“Oh shut up. Like you're any better?”

“Ah have ta be in order ta deal with the farms stocks an' revenue. Otherwise it wouldn't be a business and my family would be broke and homeless.”

“Fair point.”

“Well it looks like Skittles here is going to be taking orders from me for the next four years.” Spitfire smirked.

“Wait, you mean—”

“That's right. Welcome to the Air Force newbie.” Spitfire said holding out a hand, which Rainbow Dash shook immediately.

“It's a pleasure to be working with you ma–I mean, Captain.”

“Likewise. I'll see you on the field.”

Spitfire walked away, leaving Applejack and Rainbow Dash in silence. Until realization hit.

“Wait a minute...did she just call me ‘Skittles’?!