• Published 10th Jan 2017
  • 1,655 Views, 143 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 0 - Bahamut0



The story begins again. The universe has been rebooted, and Burst and his friends have a new beginning. And their new adventure starts at their first year of CHS.

  • ...
4
 143
 1,655

Sophomore Year: Duel 9

Ace made a mad dash for the duel park and found Ice waiting for him. "ICE!" Dark Ice turned around and had an evil smile on his face.

"Hey bro. I see you got my message.", Ice said calmly.

"Ice...this isn't you! Whatever's gotten a hold of you, we can fight it together! Please...let's go home."

"....I don't want to fight it! This power lets me gain the strength of any duelist by taking their rarest cards! Maybe I'll target the winner of your school's tournament!"

"if that's how it's gonna be....I'm going to stop you!", Ace said as he activated his duel disk.

"I know you're gonna try..."

Ace: 4000
Ice: 4000

"I got the first move! I summon a monster in defense mode and end my turn.", Ice said.

"I draw!", Ace said. "I summon Defender the Magical Knight! And since I summoned him, I can place one spell counter on him! Next I'll attack your monster!" Defender destroyed Ice's monster, but that was Ice was hoping for! "I end my turn." 'Ice. ....I'm gonna bring you home! I promised Dad! I'm not leaving here without you!'

"You just helped me out! Now I can special summon two more giant germs! And since you destroyed my first Giant Germ, you take 500 points of damage!" Ace winced as his life points took a hit! Two more Giant Germs then appeared on Ice's field! "Now I'll overlay my two Giant Germs! Rise! Number 96: Dark Mist!" A sinister looking monster with the number 96 on its arm materialized. "Now I'll attack your monster! And because I'm battling, I can detach an overlay unit to halve your monster's attack! Then Dark Mist gain that attack! Destroy his magical knight!"

"Not so fast! I'll remove the spell counter I put on Defender to keep him on the field! I'll take a hit, but I'll still have a monster on my field!"

"Not bad. But it won't be enough! I'll end my turn for now with a face-down card." 'All I need to do now is wait for the right opening.

Ace: 3400
Ice: 4000

"Too bad your monster doesn't get that huge of a boost from his effect! I draw!", Ace said as he drew his card. "I tribute Defender to summon Dark Magician Girl! Then I'll equip her with a card and end my turn." 'C'mon Ice! Take the bait...'

Ace: 3400
Ice: 4000

"My move! I'll discard a card to activate Lightning Vortex! This destroys all monsters you control! Now I play Shield and Sword to flip the attack and defense of all monsters on the field! Now I'll attack you directly!" Ace braced himself as Dark Mist slashed at him directly! "That'll be all for my turn." 'Dark Mist wasn't kidding when he said I'd gain great power! Normally Ace would have me down to half my life points now. But it seems the tables have turned this time!'

Ace: 2400
Ice: 4000

"My turn! I draw! Now the equip spell I had on DMG activates! I revive DMG from my graveyard! Now I'll play the Eye of Timaeus! I'll fuse it with DMG to fusion summon DMG the Dragon Knight! Now I'll activate her effect! I'll discard one card to destroy Dark Mist! Attack him directly!" Dark Mist was destroyed by a bolt of magic, and Ice braced himself as Timaeus's flames crashed into his life points! "I end my turn!" 'Almost there! Just gotta last another turn! Then Ice is safe!'

Ace: 2400
Ice: 1400

"I activate my trap! Xyz Reborn! I'll revive Dark Mist and I can attack Xyz Reborn to him as xyz material! Now I'll attack and detach his overlay unit to halve your monster's attack!" 'There's no way I'm going down unless I take Ace with me!

"I don't think so! I can activate DMG Dragon Knight's effect during either player's turn!"

"NO!", Ice howled as Dark Mist was destroyed!

"Now it's my turn! I'll attack you directly for game!" Ice shielded himself as his life points dropped to zero! "Ice...?", Ace asked. Ice was completely still, but then he quickly moved and stole Ace's Eye of Timaeus! "What the?!" Ice then started to fade away into the shadows! "Ice wait!" But Ice had already slipped away. 'He's gone! I failed! I promised Dad! I promised him that I'd bring Ice home!' Ace hit the ground in sorrow as tears fell from his eyes. When Ice re-materialized, he was far away and his head was a blur.

"Why...why do I have Ace's card? Why did I even duel him?", Ice thought out loud. However, Dark Mist had other ideas. He magnified Ice's hunger for power, and implanted false memories of Ace mocking him. 'All those losses...ALL THOSE HUMILIATING DEFEATS!'

"We must destroy your rival Ice. We must CRUSH Ace!", Dark Mist commanded. "But first we will need more power. You know what we must do."

"Yes...YES! When we return, Ace will be finished!", Ace said as Dark Mist took greater control of him. And with that, Dark Mist's hold had grown as the two left to increase their dark power. Meanwhile, Ace had returned home with a sad look on his face. He found both of his parents waiting for him.

"I failed. Ice stole The Eye of Timaeus. And now I don't know if I'll ever see him again. I tried to convince him to stop...but he didn't want to." Both of his parents hugged him tightly.

"Ace. You didn't fail. If Ice is still out there, then he can still be saved.", his mom said. Ace nodded and went to bed. Hoping to sleep this night off like a bad dream.