• Published 9th Jan 2017
  • 476 Views, 2 Comments

Canterlot Boarding School for the Elite - RandomHumanBeging4112



Can you get into one of the most prestigious schools in the world?

  • ...
 2
 476

Chapter Two: Rainbow's Surprise

Rainbow Dash was running home after her last day of Cloudsdale High because she had just planted a stink-bomb in the principle's office after the final bell rang. She was running as fast as she could so she wouldn't have to face detention, as much as she wanted to see the principle's face, she had pranked him one too many times. So, after she heard the bell ring, she booked it to her house, and she never looked back. When she got home, she noticed that both of her parents were standing in the living room, a rare thing since they were always fighting.

"Hey Mom, hey Dad, what are you doing home from work, and what are you doing standing within a five-foot radius of each other?" Rainbow asked.

"Well, this morning we got a call from your principle notifying us that you were excepted into Canterlot Academy." her mother said.

"I what? I'm not even half as smart as those eggheads! How did I get excepted?!" Rainbow asked.

"Well, since your way better and more successful twin sister, Rainbow Fire, got excepted last year, the people there decided to except you in so that you could be with her, as well as learn in a better environment." her father said.

"Wait, isn't Canterlot Academy a boarding school that's in Everfree?" Rainbow asked fearfully.

"Uh-huh."

"And don't they do uniforms?"

"Uh-huh."

"And aren't they a really old-timey school for smart kids with different divisions?"

"Uh-huh."

"Oh, great, I'm going to be going to Hogwarts, School of eggheads and over-achieving smart kids." Rainbow pouted.

"Oh, Rainbow, it won't be that bad, hey, I hear they have a really good sports program!" her father said.

"Oh, honey, that's for the boys, they do sports for girls, they say it wastes precious time that they could be thinking." her mother whispered.

"Oh, great. As if being a junior wouldn't be torture enough." Rainbow mumbled.

"Well, I'll complain to the school, and you can start a protest!" her father said.

"No! She should be like her sister and think! I lied about the sports so she wouldn't think about taking them! You know I hate them." her mother yelled.

"Well, maybe she would do better if you would let her do soccer instead of mathletes!" her father yelled back.

"Ugh. Why did I ever marry you?!"

"Because you said that you loved me! But I guess you were lying, how about we just file for divorce!"

"That's fine with me! Good luck in court!"

"I'm gonna go to the bomb-shelter now." Rainbow said as she ran upstairs to her attic-bedroom. Once she got there, she dialed a phone number, but no one picked up.

"Damn it, Soarin! You haven't picked up since you disappeared in the sixth grade!" Rainbow yelled as she threw her phone across her cramped bedroom.

Just then, her father climbed up the ladder into her room.

"Hey, I know things seem pretty bad with your mother and I, and that's partially why we applied you Canterlot Academy, so you wouldn't have to deal with our fighting. And, I have some good news." her father said as he sat down on her bed.

"What is it?" Rainbow asked.

"Well, for starters, we bought you a new phone to replace you battered up, crappy flip-phone, it's the new Orange phone 7. And, I finally heard from Mrs. Skies about Soarin." her dad said.

"You did? What did she say? Where did he go? Did he get a new phone? Why hasn't he called me?" Rainbow asked excitedly.

"Well, first of all, they moved to the United States four years ago, and he did get a new phone, but it wasn't able to call you, and second, for high school, they sent him to Canterlot Academy." her dad said, he then waited for Rainbow to explode with a happiness, and that she did.

"Omigod! I get to see Soarin again! Yes! Whoo-hoo! This is the best news that I've ever heard in my entire life!" Rainbow yelled excitedly.

"And, the reason why he didn't call you when he came back, was because your mother blocked his number on your old phone, so he and your sister could get together. But, from what Mrs. Skies told me, they did nothing of the sort." her father said.

"Excuse me while I go yell at Mom." Rainbow said as she climbed down the ladder.

Rainbow's dad could hear yelling commence downstairs, and it was ugly. Rainbow said some stuff, her mom said some stuff, but in the end, Rainbow got grounded for being "unladylike" Rainbow climbed up the latter, crying. Her dad hugged her.

"Hey, if it makes you feel any better, I won't take your phone away and you won't be grounded around me." her dad whispered into her ear.

"Thanks." Rainbow said.

"Now, I have some things that I need to take care of." her dad said as he climbed down the ladder.

"Well, I should probably start packing for school then." Rainbow said.

"Yep, oh, and there's a surprise for you in your closet." her dad said.

"Sweet!" Rainbow said.

Rainbow opened her tiny closet to find a new duffle bag, and a new soccer ball, as well as a new laptop.

"Yes! I am gonna love Canterlot Academy!" Rainbow said in excitement.

Rainbow began to pack for a her new school, even though to was only the last day of school.

Author's Note:

Chapter two has come! I like this story, and I am gonna have fun with the SoarinDash:trollestia: Also, I wanted to have Equestria just be an island-country in the regular world, so, yeah.