• Published 10th Jan 2017
  • 316 Views, 1 Comments

The End of the End and the Start of the Beginning - AyeNowWai



A rather paranoid, slightly sociopathic teenager finally gets his desire for an adventure. What he doesn't expect is magical, mythical creatures.

  • ...
 1
 316

Prologue

"It's been a long time since we sent him over."
"I suppose. I don't fancy it should be all that long to you though."
"Oh no, it is. Longevity does very little to diminish one's concept of the passage of time compared to what most might think."
"I see. So what is the reason you ordered my presence?"
"What do you know of our enemy?"
"... I assume you are pertaining to the Separation... Well, I know it is supposed to be unstoppable by any except by one from the other side. But that is why you sent him over, is it not?"
"Indeed."
"... So what is it you wanted?"
"I think it's time we bring him over."
"So soon? He's barely matured."
"Yes. He's been bored with it all. It's too easy for him. Not to mention that he could help us with our problem."
"Null, we've been over this. He-"
"Yes, I know. He's much different. But that may be just what we need."
"We have plenty of time. Just let him mature first. He'll be able to help us even more."
"Trust me on this. I've been thinking about it a lot. Now is the best time."
"But why?"
"..."
"...Very well. I'll arrange it."
"Very goo-"
"But I still don't approve. In my honest opinion, I think you are doing this far too soon."
"We shall see, Tharin, we shall see... What strange creatures, unicorns..."

Author's Note:

I have not finished this story, but I'll go ahead and post a chapter since it's the new year and all.