• Published 7th Dec 2016
  • 513 Views, 2 Comments

Equestria Girls: A School's Flare - Cloudheartswirl



The girls face a new challenge a head them, involving a new person and an old foe

  • ...
3
 2
 513

Chapter 1- Back to School

EG: A School's Flare


~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 1
~~~~~~~~~~~


A car slowly pulls up to the front of the school building in the dead of night. As the car comes to a stop, A girl gets out of the out. It’s not long after that another girl comes out. the first girl has light green skin and has dark aqua hair pulled up in a side ponytail while the other has light red skin and has yellow with some teal streaks in her hair. They both walk up to the statue.

“So, why are we here? Like in the middle of the night? And aren't we going be in trouble for BEING here?” asks the green girl.
“Relax Minty, the students and staff that go here, aren’t ,well, here. They are all off at some camp.” the light red girl says.

“So, WHY are we here Melody?” the one called Minty grunted.

“This is our chance to find that portal.” the other called Melody says as a pendant on her chest glows. As they get closer to the statue, Melody puts her hand on it. At the same time, her pendant glows brighter. She moves round the statue, to the front of it. When puts her hand on it again, her hand cause some ripple effect on it.
“It’s…. Here!” She says amazed. Suddenly her Pendant glows and magic start to flow from the top, into to her pendant.

“Gah!” Melody quickly pulls her hand off of it. Magic stops pouring into her pendant. It glows once more then stops.

“Are you alright?!” Minty says, a bit freaked out.

“Yeah, just wasn’t expecting THAT to happen…” Melody says. Though she feels herself a bit more powerful. She looks at the top of the statue.

“There’s a leak, in the portal….. Magic is just pouring out of it!” She says.

“So we found the portal and there’s a leak, are we gonna do anything about it?” Minty asks.

“.....No.”

“No? Why?”

“We can use this to our advantage…. And not by draining it.” Melody chuckles. She then starts walk back towards the car while getting her cell phone out.

“H-Hey! What are we doing now?” Minty says as she follows Melody.
“It’s time to set our plan in motion.” Melody says.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


“Ah, it’s good to get back to CHS.” Sunset shimmer says as she tunes her guitar.

“Yeah, it’s good to get back where magic here is normal.” Applejack says. The other girls chuckle. Not that long ago, the ‘mane’ 7 had gone to Camp Everfree to get out and get away from magic, only for more magic to come there way. The girls managed to stop a girl named, Gloriosa Daisy, from covering the camp in vines, save the camp and got crystal necklaces that give them new powers. Now, they are back at CHS, ready to handle anything with their new powers. Rainbow runs in and out of the music room that they are in at incredible speed. Once back in, she grins.
“Having super speed is well…. Still super awesome! I bet I can go anywhere with it!!” She says as she looks at her necklace.

“Maybe, but you should be careful not to lose your necklace while using your super speed.” Twilight says with Spike in her arms.

“I still wonder how they got into the cave though….” Sunset says. She could help but think about it. It must have come from equestria, but how did it get there? It could have been the magic that she brought, but, that same magic only spread to her and her friends. This…. Was a new type of magic. Maybe the magic transformed? The thought ran through her head.

“Well, right now, it doesn’t matter where, what matters is that we have them now and we can do new things.” Applejack says while holding her necklace.

“I agree with Applejack, and just think of all of the designs I can make with this diamond's!” Rarity says as she makes little diamonds appear out of thin air. She squeals a bit.

“And I can understand what my cute little animal friends want.” Fluttershy says as she pets her little bunny.

“And I can really make a party explode with FUN! I'm my own party cannon!” Pinkie jumps with joy.

“Just make sure you don’t explode the whole room now Pinkie.” Rainbow says. All of them laugh. Things were certainly bright with their new powers. Suddenly the speaker to the entire school comes on.

“Sunset shimmer and her friends, Please come to Principal Celestia's office. Thank you.” Vice Principal Luna’s voice comes from it then stops. All the girls look at each other with confusion then at Sunset. Sunset looks back with confusion then shrugs. She walks out of the room as the others follow her.

“What do you think Vice Principal Luna and Principal Celestia want?” Fluttershy speaks up as they walk towards celestia’s office. They all take a minute to think.

“Well…. It could be about our new powers.” Twilight says.

“You don’t think she’ll take them away from us?!” Rainbow says in a panic voice, clutching her necklace.

“I don't think so, I think Principal Celestia understands that we were meant to have these. I think she just to talk to us about… something.” Sunset says, giving some relief to the group. Though Sunset had the some fear of her crystal necklace being taking away. Though the thought made her think of something else Suddenly she stop in her tracks as she realized of the thought and chuckles. The group turns to her in confusion.

“umm… Sunset darling, what are you laughing about?” Rarity asks.

“It’s just that….. The thought of our necklace being taken away…. Isn’t that same thing that maybe The sirens thought when we defeated them?” Sunset says. A long time ago, a group of girls had come to the school and start to tear the school apart with their voices and a battle of the bands. Sunset remember that when she reaching for one of their pendants, at the time she didn’t know how important they were to them and the leader, Adagio Dazzle, had grabbed her hand to stop her.

“I suppose…. but , remember, they were, well….. evil! They used their powers to cause people to argue and tryin’ to take over the world just so that they can be adored.” Applejack says.

“Plus they tried to take away our magic as well.” Rarity added. The rest of the group, except for Twilight, nodded in agreement.

“Heh, true…. I just wonder where they are at right now…. Anyways, come on.” Sunset says then continues to head towards Principals Celestia office. The others follow.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


“So why did you want to see us, Principal Celestia?” Sunset says as they stood to Principal Celestia, who is sitting at her desk, and Vice Principal Luna, who is right beside her.

“Well, we wanted to talk to yous about certains things.” Luna spoke.

“Yes, the first is about, your new powers you’ve all gotten from our little trip to camp everfree.” Celestia setting a wave a fear within the girls.

“P-Please don’t take them away Principal Celestia! H-Having super speed is mega awesome! Please!” Rainbow run up quickly and begged.

“Rainbow Dash! For lands sake, have some dignity!” Applejack says in a frustrated voice. Principal Celestia chuckles lightly.

“Don’t Miss Rainbow, we don’t plan to take them away from all of you.” She says. Rainbow chuckles and smiles in embarrassment.

“Through, You all should be careful with them, with the recent number of times that magic has cause some chaos, we don’t anymore magical surprises coming our way, So it would be best not to use them… publicly” Luna says in a calm voice. The girls nod in understanding.

“We especially don’t want some magical surprises for the next couple of days.” Celestia added. Sunset raised an eyebrow.

“Why not?” She asked. Sunset knew that some part of her mind, no magical stuff for the next couple of days, probably wasn’t going to happen.

“Well, that it the second thing we wanted to talk about, We got a call the other day from an old school we haven’t talk to and from a while, Everton High School.” Celestia says. Twilight eye’s light up.

“Wait, Everton?! Everton is the highest school in the state and has its own independent study program! You can’t know them unless you know some kind of connection.” Twilight points out.

“Twilight’s right, How do you have connections to Everton?” Sunset asks. Truth be told, Sunset once wanted to go there ,like Twilight, to study the magic that she brought to this world.

“We might as well tell them.” Principal Celestia says as she looks at her sister. Luna sighs then nods.

“You see, long before you all went here, There was another Principal, Principal Starswirl, he was a very kid man and taught Luna and I very well.” Celestia says.

“Eventually he had to retire do to old age, and had the privilege to choose the next Principal…..” Luna says.

“Starswirl had chosen Me as the new Principal. While I was happy that I was chosen as Principal...” Celestia says.

“I was infuriated, Like Celestia I wanted the job as well, and I did not take it too well. So to spite them, I applied at another school, that school happen to be Everton, which where, I was gladly accepted as Principal. Though through to my harsh nature, since I was still mad at my sister and while I was there, the Students would called me, Principal Nightmare moon” Luna says.

“I was dishearten that my sister was working at a different school that we had work on so long with Starswirl. And as time passed, I had that um, ‘Pleasure’ to work with….. Vice Principal Discord.” Celestia says then signs.
“Then one day, I went to visit Canterlot high to see how things were going, and to my surprise the school was in utter chaos.” Luna says.

“Yes, you see Discord had been spreading his utter madness across the school behind my back and bring me down to remind of how my sister just left me..” Celestia says.

“When I saw this, I realized how much my sister needed me as I needed her. After all, Starswirl had taught us that Celestia and I are better when we worked together.” Luna says and Celestia nods.

“Luna helped me and stopped his madness got him fired. Once the whole situation was taken care of, Luna quit her job at Everton and came back to work with me again as Vice Principal.” Celestia says then smiles at her sister.

“Yes, It would seem that my old friend from over there, Vice Principal Zecora, called our school, to perhaps on rebuild our relationship and extend some of their programs over here.” Luna says.
“Really?” All the girls say simultaneously. Principal Celestia nods.
“Yes, and In order to get some of those programs over here, we have to go through and process, and part of that process, is having some of the students from both school agree on the deal.” Celestia says.
“I see, so you want us to be that group of students to meet with the other group?” Rarity asks.
“Yes, that's why we want to keep magic on the low.” Celestia says.
“Well, don’t worry Principal Celestia, We can handle anything, I'm sure making friends with them will be a breeze.” Sunset says, confident. Celestia and luna look at each other worriedly.
“Sunset, we must tell you, one of the students that are coming over to talk, was once a student of ours.” Luna says.
“Really?” Sunset says.
“OH BOY! Then I can’t wait to welcome them back! Oo! Oo! I think I’ll throw them a party!” Pinkie says with excitement.

“I don’t think so Miss Pie, you see, this particular student left here on a harsh note, and well, they won’t be pleased with seeing Sunset shimmer.” Celestia says. Sunset eye’s widen in confusion.

“Why? Who's this Student?” Sunset asks. Celestia signs.

“Sunset, Do you remember the name, Minty Freeze?” she says.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


“Sunset, who is Minty Freeze? She sounds so familiar…” Rarity says as the girls walk down a hallway, heading towards the front of the school. Sunset signs.

“She was a girl went here….. Before all the whole ‘turning into a she-demon’ thing.” She says, looking down in the dumps.

“Oh my…” Rarity says, understandingly. Twilight looks at Sunset with an confusing face.

“I… Don’t understand.” She says. Spike, who is in twilights bag, pops out.

“Yeah, Why would someone leave a school by because of sunset?” Spike asks.

“Well, you see, back then, I wasn’t the nicest person…. Back then, I was the school’s bully.” Sunset says.

“Really?” Twilight says, a bit shocked. Sunset nods.

“Back when I first came, from Equestria, I was totally lost, I had no idea what to do, where to go, and even do anything. I just knew the first thing to do was to get into this place. And thanks to some shady people that called themselves, the changelings, I was able to get into the school.” Sunset start explaining.

“Once I came to the school, I had no idea how to get myself to the top. ‘Luckily’ there was a girl who came here to Canterlot High just a couple of days ago before I arrived, that happen to be Minty.” She says.

“Minty was a bubbly and cheery girl whose family was constantly moving and was mostly alone and wanted to make new friends. Me, being I was back then, thought she would be perfect use and manipulate, and she was, she was so eager to be my friend that she was practically was my servant….. Then that day came.” Sunset signs.

“You mean…” Fluttershy says.

“Yes, The fall formal… the third fall formal that is.” Sunset says, she stops walking in her tracks. The others stop as well.

“That year, Minty decided to run for the fall princess, because she thought that I was ok with it since I ran and won for the past two years. I…. wasn’t. While I was mad, I saw this as a chance to get rid of her, as she was no longer a use to me and she was going to move again soon….. So I decided to humiliate her.” Sunsets signs.

“What did you exactly do?” Spike asks.

“You see, she had a crush on Flash, and her family were excellent cooks, so she decided to make them something…… I had…. Messed with the food, making Flash not like her and texted the school her most embarrassing secrets all in that same days….. She ran away in tears and I never saw her again…. Ugh….” Sunset says, facepalming and feeling depressed now.

“It’s alright Sunset, I'm sure once she gets here you can apologize and she’ll see how much ya change and forgive you.” Applejack says patting Sunsets back in sympathy.

“Or not.” Spike says. Twilight glares at him.

“What? There’s a chance it might not!” Spike says.
“Well with our help, we’ll make her see how AWESOME you are now Sunset!” Rainbow says and gives Sunset a thumbs up. Sunset smiles.

“Thanks guys, Though I wonder how the these other students are like, I'm sure some of them will be shy, after all they came from a big school after all.” Sunset says then keeps walking. The others follow.

“I wonder if they would like a BIG PARTY once ours schools are all goody-goody with each other.” Pinkie squeaks loudly. The girls chuckle. The girls keeps walking and finally get to the front of the school. They walk outside to see Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna walking up towards a green bus the pulled up. The door of the bus opens and a woman comes out. Her skin was grey with some dark grey markings. Her hair was dark grey and white while her hair was up in a mohawk. He was wearing a green uniform with gold rings all around her body.
“Ahhhh… Dear Luna how are you? And Celestia, it's good see you too!” The woman says as she walks up to them. Luna chuckles.
“Oh Zecora, it's great to see you again, I see you still like to rhyme.” Luna says.
“Oh Luna, I take all my rhyme’s in pride, after all, I was born on the wild side.” Zecora says. All three of them laugh. As they continue talking to each others, the students start to come out of the bus. Some of the students are wearing uniforms, others are in some regular clothes.
“Well, here we go..” Sunset says as she and her friends walk towards the students of Everton. A they walk up, the students are talking among each other.
“Hi there, welcome to Canterlot high, it's nice to meet all of you.” Sunset says to the group. The students turn to sunset, with not so happy faces. They all mutter hi then turn back to talk among their peers again. The girls look at each other

“Well ain’t they a barrel of sunshine.” Applejack says.

“You’ll have to excuse some of them, they were in the middle of some projects.” They girls turn to see a girl walking up to them. She has light red skin and her hair was yellow with teal streaks in her hair. Her eye’s were orange and she wore a cute purple top, a black skirt with blue flames on it, some black heels and wore a red scarf around her neck.

“Then again, our school really isn’t big for being peppy.” She chuckles.

“Anyways, It's nice to meet you all, my name is Melody Flare, I'm in the independent study program we have at our school.” Melody says.

“Is that why some of ya are wearing’ uniforms and not?” Applejack asks. Melody nods.

“Yeah, If you’re in the program, then you don’t have get in a uniform since you’re pretty much on your own.” She says. Sunset steps forward.

“Well, it's nice to meet you Melody, My name is Sunset shimmer, and these are my friends, Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie pie, Rainbow dash, Fluttershy, and Twilight Sparkle.” She says. The girls wave their hands at Melody.

“Wait, You're Sunset shimmer?” Melody asks. Sunset raises an eyebrow.

“Yeah, why?” She asks.

“I just heard so much about you from my partner and friend, Minty Freeze. You don’t sound mean at all.” Melody says as Sunsets heart sinks a bit.

“Y-Yeah about that….. Wait where is Minty?” Sunset asks.

“Why she’s right here-- …… Minty?” Melody looks around. Melody sighs.

“Minty!” Melody quickly gets back on the bus. Melody comes back out, pulling a person with her.

“Minty, you can’t hide forever! Come on!” Melody says pulling Minty with her towards Sunset and her friends.

“Ugh, fine!” Minty says. Minty has light green skin. Her hair is dark aqua hair pulled up an a side pony tail. She’s wearing a red shirt with a green wave stripe on it, also wearing a green skirt with an orange belt and red boots.

“Hi there Minty, it's been a long time huh?” Sunset says. However Minty just Glares at her.

“So um…. How have been doing?” Sunset asks.

“Better since I left this place.” Minty says. Sunset sighs.
“Look, Minty, I know you're still mad at me for what I did back then, but I'm here now to show how much I’ve changed, how much the school has changed.” Sunset says.
“And you think I’ll just forgive you after what you put me though? Sorry Sunset, but that’s not going to happen. I’ve changed as well, and the only friend that I need is Melody. Now if you’ll excuse me I just to get this whole meetup over with.” Minty says then walks towards the other students.

“Minty! Oh, I hate it when she gets like this…. Minty!” Melody follows after her. Sunset turns to her group of friends then facepalms.

“Ugh….” she mutters.

“It’s alright, Sunset, I'm sure if we give her some time, she’ll start to realize that you truly changed.” Fluttershy says.
“Yeah! Mean while! We got to think of a way to get some of these sour folk happy!” Pinkie say. She thinks for a minute.

“OOO! Let me get my party canons!” Pinkie runs off.

“Ugh, Pinkie come back here! Ya know ya can’t bring those here anymore!” Applejack runs after her.

“You know, Pinkie has a point, don’t these guys seem…. Grumpy or something?” Rainbow says. Sunset looks at the group of Everton students. They do seem mad, though, in a way it's seems, unnatural to Sunset. It's like she could feels the negativity. Why does this negativity felts so familiar to her?

“Well, I'm sure by the end of the day, they won’t be. After all with my help I can make them new uniforms that they’ll all love!” Rarity says.

“We’ll see about that…” Sunset says.

Author's Note:

http://fav.me/dafdz4z
http://fav.me/dafdxuh

Here it is, my new story~