• Published 5th Dec 2016
  • 499 Views, 2 Comments

First Contact Equestria Origins: Dusk Shine & Luna - SgtTex



This story follows Dusk Shine and Luna from the F.C.E. & tells the story of how they came into being the way they are in the present. The story starts a little over 40 years before the events Emerald Spider: First Contact Equstria.

  • ...
1
 2
 499

Awakening from darkness.

Luna had been seeing actions through her eyes that were not her own for the past 1000 years. She thought her body would never be her own again, and when she saw these new bearers about to use the elements on her again, she thought she would spend another thousand years on the moon. But instead she saw a bright flash, and to her surprise body was her own again.
She looks up, blinking and trying to focus. It was hard to believe that her movements were of her own will again.

Luna then heard the mumbling of the element bearers, but one voice caught her attention.

"Wait... I recognize you!", The Lavender Stallion said, "Why didn't I see it before? You're princess Luna! Celestia said Nightmare Moon killed you centuries ago! Are you alright?"

"I... b-believe so...." Luna responded, "Who art thou?"

"My name is Dusk Shine, I am Celestia's personal student."

Dusk extended his hoof to help her up.

"W-wait... Celestia's personal s-student?...", She said trembling.

"Yes he is, and I am very proud of him."

Celestia had come in through the window behind Luna.

"Celestia!", Dusk Shine and the others said as they all bowed.

"Now now... I'll have none of that.", Celestia said in response.

She approached Luna.

Luna looks back, her ears lowering and she backs away a bit. "S-sister...."

"Luna..."

Celestia teared up and huged Luna.

"Luna... Please forgive me..."

Dusk and his friends look on in confusion.

"Wait...", Dusk said, "Celestia, did you..."

Luna hugs back, with tears flowing out of her own eyes. "Tia..."

"I didn't want to send you away. But I didn't have enough time or strength to free you... I never wanted this for you..."

Tears flowed from Celestia's eyes now in even greater volume.

"I think I get it now...", Dusk said, "You didn't want Equestria to know that Nightmare Moon was Luna so you told every pony that Nightmare killed her..."

Celestia nodded as a response.

"So I did something you couldn't... Well that's a first."

Elusive then went up to Luna and put a blanket around her, and asked, "Will you be alright?"

Luna nods, "We are thankful for thy help. Without thee, we would still..." She looks down and turns her head away.

"It is alright, you were not yourself, thanks to Dusk here we were able to help you. If he hadn't of come to Ponyville who knows what would've happened."

"We do..." She mutters softly.

"Luna it's over now...", Celestia told Luna as she hugged her.

Luna looked at Dusk. Luna stared at him with thankfulness. He saved her from that black abyss. That creature, and evil power simply refering to itself as 'Dark'. It had deceived and used her. And because of Dusk, and his friend she was free.

As they got up and walked out of the castle Luna spoke to Dusk.

"Dusk.. uhm, we-... uh... i... am ver- greatful for th- you and... uh...", Luna seemed to stumble over her words.

"You're welcome princess.", Dusk responded smiling.

She gives a shy smile, slightly embarrassed.

All the while Celestia whispered something into Rainbow Dash's ear and Dash smiled deviously. She flew by quickly and made it look like she bumped Dusk on accident causing him to accidentally his lips against Luna's and seem to kiss her.

Luna's eyes got wide and her navy coat turned bright red. Yet, she did not move back.

Dusk did after his shock wore off however.

"P-Princess... I-l-l'm sorry I didn't mean..."

"No-no-no! Do not worry! We saw what happened!" She quickly said.

Dusk blushed awkwardly looking away biting his lower lip.

"Come on you two.", Celestia said smiling, "Lets reintroduce my wittle sister to Equestria."
(She then wrapped her hoof around her head giving her sister a noogie.

Both Rainbow and Pinkie laughed at this.

Luna blushes more, struggling to get away, "Tia! Not in front of sub- other ponies!", Luna pouted. It almost looked cute to Dusk.

Dusk laughed. "I know how that feels. I have an older brother."

Luna pulls away, and steps and glares at her sister.

"I am sorry Luna... I've just missed you so much...", Celestia hangs her head.

"I've never seen this side of you before Celestia.", Dusk said

"It is one I hope to show more."

Luna sighs. "We are not mad Tia. It has just been so long and..." She looks down, tears forming.

Celestia hugged her again," I missed you too. You have no idea how much I've missed you little sister."

Luna looks up and smiles warmly, for the first time in awhile.

"Now let's get out of here." Celestia told Luna, "This place represents our past, and I believe it is far past time we look to forward to the future."

Everypony agreed, and their way back to Ponyville.

-Later that night.-

Luna was thinking about the recent that had just transpired. Ponyville had welcomed her surprisingly, but she could stop thinking about two things.

What might have happened had the Elements failed, and... Dusk Shine.

Why was she having thoughts about this 'Dusk Shine'? She wondered.

She hovers around the thought, confused more than anything. Why is this mere mortal intriguing her?

Later that night in Canterlot Castle Celestia came to Luna's room.

"You set the stars beautifully tonight, but I get the feeling something is bothering you. Are your living accommodations not to your liking?"

She looks up. "No, Tia, they are fine"

"You are curious about the ones that saved you, aren't you?"

"Uhm... one, yes..."

"My student?", Celestia said smiling.

She rolls her eyes. "Do not get any ideas, Tia"

Celestia chuckled a bit, "What do you wish to know?"

"How did you come across a student that surpasses you?"

"I wouldn't say he surpasses me... At least not yet. This is the first time he has done something I could not. I dare say he is progressing faster than Starswill."

"Hmm... I'm impressed. That is no easy feat even for a moderately experienced alicorn."

"As long as he stays on the right path, I see great things in his future."

"You say that about all of your students."

Celestia smiled, "I know, but I have a feeling about him. Look what he and his friends pulled off tonight.", She smirked, "You know... I've never seen either you or my student turn so red before."

She blushes again, "Tiiiiaaaaa!!"

Celestia laughed,"You are a grown mare. And I don't judge you. If you need me I'll be down that hall to the left. Good night Luna... And it's good to have you back."

She lays down, hugging her pillow and pouting again. However the thought of the accidental kiss between her and Dusk Shine still lingered.

She buries her face, groaning. "Whyyyyy!?!"

Author's Note:

12/5/2016
Hey I'm not dead for those of you following me. At the time I am doing this note the 2nd chapter is half way done, so expect that soon. Also another short story in what me and my co-writers hope to become a series about The-Lonely-Art's character Chrono Shift is done. You do not need to read it to understand this story in-particular, but I will leave you a link below if you want to check it out.
Anyways thanks for your support for those who gave it, or those who just simply like the content I produce.

http://the-lonely-art.deviantart.com/art/Chrono-Chronicles-Vol-1-649497148